Start by marking “Sweet Briar Goes to School” as Want to Read:
Sweet Briar Goes to School

Sweet Briar Goes to School

Sweet Briar's parents think she's the sweetest thing in the world, but Sweet Briar is a skunk, and all the other kids make fun of her. How can Sweet Briar show them that there's more to her than just her scent? Full color.
Published July 21st 2005 by Puffin (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Briar Goes to School, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Briar Goes to School

Abbey Reeser
Feb 18, 2014 Abbey Reeser rated it it was amazing
Wilson, K. (2003). Sweet Briar Goes to School. New York: Penguin Group

Beautiful watercolor Illustrations by LeUyan Pham.

A wonderful story of a young sweet skunk that goes to school and everyone in class makes fun of her because she smells like a skunk. The other animals in the class sing terrible songs about her, do not include her in recess, and move their desks away from her. Her teacher attempts to stop the bullying when it starts but it gets worse when she steps out of the classroom and dur
Rosa Cline
Nov 20, 2014 Rosa Cline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids, back-to-school
This is such a very adorable book! My 2 year old granddaughter and I completely enjoyed not only the story but the illustrations as well. This is a great book for a child starting school being insecure and scared. But also a very great book for being bullied.

Sweet Briar is a skunk. Her parents love her very much and named her after the most sweetest thing they knew and that was the sweet briar roses that smelled so sweet and was so pretty. Sweet Briar grew up happy and became old enough to go t
Mandy J. Hoffman
Jul 13, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
A wholesome story on the importance of kindness and friendship. Little Sweet Briar is quite surprised by the mean classmates at school. But after a dangerous situation all the kids learn that even the most "undesirable" amoung us are important. A good lesson and adventure in acceptance and friendship.
Emily
Oct 19, 2009 Emily rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Ok... I admit it. I picked this book off the library shelf because it had "Sweet Briar" in the title, the name of my beloved college. = ) It's an adorable and fun story and I love it. My little sisters loved it too.
Tam
May 24, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: school, feelings
My 5-year-old liked this book. It tries to teach that you should be nice to everyone but as a parent, I found it a little annoying that the students really weren't nice to Sweet Briar until she'd done something to "prove" herself.
Libby
Jan 19, 2015 Libby rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, animals
I like just about everything Karma Wilson does, and this is no exception (and LeUyen Pham's illustrations are pretty great, too). It's not my favorite Karma Wilson book, but it's a sweet story about a skunk who has trouble fitting in at her new school--until she helps get rid of a troublesome wolf.
Dolly
Nov 28, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
A sweet story about a skunk going to school and gaining acceptance by her classmates. We really enjoy reading Karma Wilson's books.
Brent
Such a sweet skunk story...
Mrs Bond
Mar 10, 2009 Mrs Bond rated it liked it
Shelves: school
Sweet Briar the skunk has trouble fitting in at school until she is able to show the children that her "unique" qualities are useful.
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2017
Kristy
Kristy rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Amy Steiner
Amy Steiner rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2011
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2014
C.
C. rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Shelli
Shelli rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2011
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it did not like it
Jan 18, 2014
Maquoketa
Maquoketa rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2014
Kelly Coates
Kelly Coates rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Jillian
Jillian rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2014
Deeanna
Deeanna rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2009
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2011
Jenni
Mar 28, 2009 Jenni rated it really liked it
Poor Sweet Briar goes to school to find that no one likes her. A nice story about acceptance.
Wendy
Wendy rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2012
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2011
Yuna K
Yuna K rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2015
Elisa
Elisa rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2011
Karma Wilson grew up an only child of a single mother in the wilds of North Idaho. Way back then (just past the stone age and somewhat before the era of computers) there was no cable TV and if there had been Karma could not have recieved it. TV reception was limited to 3 channels, of which one came in with some clarity. Karma did the only sensible thing a lonely little girl could do…she read or pl ...more
More about Karma Wilson...