Start by marking “City Secrets (Canterwood Crest, #9)” as Want to Read:
City Secrets (Canterwood Crest, #9)

City Secrets (Canterwood Crest #9)

4.39  ·  Rating Details ·  1,189 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews

Sasha and Heather have a rocky friendship, to say the least. But it’s Heather who Sasha must turn to when she and her best friend, Paige, have a huge fight right before Fall Break. The problem? Sasha was supposed to spend the vacation with Paige in New York City. And since Heather also lives in Manhattan…The solution may not be pretty, but Sasha doesn’t have much choice. C
Published July 6th 2010 by Aladdin (first published June 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about City Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City Secrets

Take the Reins by Jessica BurkhartHome Sweet Drama by Jessica BurkhartComeback by Jessica BurkhartChosen by Jessica BurkhartCity Secrets by Jessica Burkhart
horse books
5th out of 81 books — 30 voters
The Auditions by Stacy GreggTake the Reins by Jessica BurkhartShowjumpers by Stacy GreggRiding Star by Stacy GreggChasing Blue by Jessica Burkhart
Tween Horse Books!
12th out of 125 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Ally!
Nov 01, 2010 Ally! rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Donna
Nov 09, 2012 Donna rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one, not even younger readers. Way better horse books out there.
Recommended to Donna by: My littlle sister
This book was completely worthless. No plot whatsoever, and the characters were so flat and stupid. Totally unrealistic and tacky.

Ok, I've only read books 1 and 9. Now, you'd think that after missing 7 books that I'd be completely confused, because all the plot turns through the previous books would change everything. Like if you read Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins without reading Catching Fire, you would be completely confused because the plot changes so much.

Well, it didn't in CC. Even after mi
Tina Thompson
I am on page 147 of 224 pages. This book is very interesting! Sasha went to New York City with Heather Fox, her arch nemesis, for Fall break instead of her best friend, Paige Parker. They got into a fight, and now Sasha is actually having a good time riding, shopping, and exploring the wonderful city of NYC with Heather without any arguments, yet. . . .
06Hannah
Jan 09, 2012 06Hannah rated it it was amazing
Summary:
It was sooooooo good! pretty much what happens is that sasha has a big fight with her best friend Paige, who she was supposed to stay with during fall break. now she has no where to go scince her parents have gone on a vacation. so she stays with Heather Fox, the person who has been her rival scince Sasha got to Canterwood, and ends up having a blast.

why I rated it 5 stars:
It was wonderful. it tells what she is thinking, witch most of the time she is thinking wow. she gets to go to reall
Meg
Sep 13, 2010 Meg rated it it was ok
Shelves: horse-books
...er....not my favorite Canterwood book. Kind of an interesting one, but definitely not my favorite. MORE RIDING! ...Less underage consumerism, please.
Melly
Aug 18, 2010 Melly rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one.
Recommended to Melly by: Adele
Just like Home Sweet Drama, bad and not very well written. It did keep my attention better than Home Sweet Drama did but still, no good.
Natalie
It's a really good book. I'm not a fan on the whole romance thing between the kids, like sasha and Jacob, and that sort of thing. But I do like the books, and it was a fun twist to the stories when Heather becomes Sasha's friend and takes her shopping and stuff. I liked it, and I can't wait to read the next book.
Mehsi
Wow, I really enjoyed this one. <3

Well this was really different from the other books (with the exception of the specials). Instead of taking place at Canterwood Crest, this book was all about the break time, which took place at Heather's home. So there is a lot of Heather and Sasha interaction, of course there are horses, because they are still in YENT and still want to train to the max.

And we also have some drama, since we all know what happened between Paige and Sasha in the previous book
Alexis
Nov 03, 2015 Alexis added it
In this book, Sasha Silver is acting on a last minute offer to spend fall break with her teammate, Heather Fox. Sasha and Heather have a rather cruel history fighting for the top spot on an advanced riding team offered by their school, Canterwood Crest Academy. Heather lives in a gorgeous penthouse located in New York City, New York. I personally found this rather surprising, being that Heather used to be extremely jealous of Sasha. Ultimately, this resulted in a lot of unfortunate incidences ...more
Marin Ehrmantraut
Feb 27, 2013 Marin Ehrmantraut rated it really liked it
Canterwood Crest: City Secrets was a good book. It is the eighth book in the series. It is about Sasha Silver, an eighth grader at Canterwood Crest boarding school. It is for kids with talents. Sasha is a talented horse rider and is on the youth equestrian national team. She is on fall break, and is supposed to be spending it with her best friend, Paige, but two hours before they left, they got in a fight. Sasha has begun hanging out with Heather Fox the past couple of weeks. They used to not be ...more
Sara Bennett
Picking up an older, unfinished series is always fun :) So I was definitely excited to pick up some new books in a series I read while a tween.

Sasha Silver goes to a boarding school called Canterwood Crest where she rides and does an elite riding group called YENT. After much drama at homecoming she is getting away for a week of break. Only not with who she thought she would be. She had planned to go with her roommate, Paige. But after a big fight Homecoming night Sasha decides not to go home wi
Chloé
Jan 31, 2016 Chloé rated it it was amazing
This book is easily my favorite of the series! I picked it up on a whim, not knowing that this story was exactly what I needed! Amongst drowning in my AP and Dual Enrollment homework, I read City Secrets, which, for lack of better wording, is like strolling through a new and exciting place for the first time with your best friends. See, you don't realize how much you - and Sasha - need a break from the school stress and drama until you're out with Sasha and Heather shopping or eating out. Like S ...more
Maddy
Aug 21, 2012 Maddy rated it it was amazing
This book is set in new York city with heather and Sasha staying at heather's penthouse. The plot is that heather is trying to get Sasha to trust her but really she sending emails as Sasha to a boy Sasha likes. Heather is the queen bee at canterwood crest the boarding school they both go to. She used to be mean to Sasha but now she isn't. Sasha is from union Connecticut and is not popular. Everyone teases her and tells her that she shouldn't be at canterwood because shes from union. The author ...more
Ally!
Oct 22, 2010 Ally! rated it really liked it
Flora Skye
Jan 17, 2016 Flora Skye rated it it was amazing
i really liked this book because you could get an inside view of Heather's life. we learned little about it up until this point. I loved the detail and description in this book, like the spa scene, I literally relaxed on my couch and flt like someone was giving Me a spa treatment. I love Jess's books and i want to see a lot of Canterwood eBooks. to finish this up, I would gladly recommend this book to anyone, not just horse crazy girls such as myself.
Michelle Arrow
Dec 10, 2012 Michelle Arrow rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I think it was one of my favorites from the series so far! I love how it talks about Heathers life, as well. I always wondered how her life is in the city. And now my favourite character, Sasha gets to experience it all! Perfect!
Cynthia
Feb 20, 2011 Cynthia rated it really liked it
Shelves: recomended
I loved this book. Sasha goes to NYC 4 break as planned, but instead of going with Paige, she ends up staying with Heather in her Park Ave. Penthouse. All seems great, but Sasha finds out that Heather has been E-mailing jacob as her! Things get very interesting in this book.
Brodie I LOVE HORSES :)
Ok so I have read this It's time it was on much 25th and ended it was much 30 so that was five and second read it was March 14, 2013 and 9:32 Pm and stopped 18th 2013 11:50
Natalie
So ridiculous and the product placement is hilarious. But rather fun at the same time as a super-quick commute book.
Emma Leasure
I am half way done with this book!! When I finish, I will read the Sea of Monsters!! :) Then, The Titan's Curse!!!!! I want to read it soooo bad!!!!!!!!! :)
Lexi
Nov 06, 2012 Lexi rated it it was amazing

Best book ever so all of you out there that are reading it I hope you enjoy it remember to rate it 5 stars and always rate books 5 stars that are written by the AMAZING Jessica Burkhart
Kyla
Jan 13, 2016 Kyla rated it it was amazing
The book started out during a plot twist, which is making me surprised with the way the characters are acting. But it is a major improvement between the two characters.
Lexie
Aug 29, 2015 Lexie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 9-13 year olds
Recommended to Lexie by: My friend
Shelves: summer-reading
I always liked this book the most because we got to see more into Heather. We got to see her backstory and how she feels about certain things.
Heather
May 19, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
keep your friends close and your enemies closer. this book really fit this saying. definitly didn't expect this friendship to spark.
Nov 06, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horse-books
I love that we learn more about H and her personality when she's not pressured to be the "queen bee" at school. I wish S would at least tell P she wasn't ready to talk yet instead of ignoring her...
Aishah Q.
Sep 02, 2010 Aishah Q. rated it it was amazing
Awesomest (that's not even a word!) Canterwood Crest book ever! Jess, you rock. So sparkly, girly, and cute (I <3 those words!)
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2013
grace Hackett
grace Hackett rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2012
Maggie
Maggie rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2011
Emily F.
Emily F. rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
do yall ride 1 5 Jun 03, 2013 11:56AM
City Secrets 7 10 Jan 06, 2013 02:47PM
  • My Favorite Mistake (The A Circuit, #2)
  • Black Cloud (Horse Diaries, #8)
  • Risky Chance (Horse Diaries, #7)
  • Horses For Dummies
  • Playing for Keeps (Wildwood Stables, #2)
  • The New Class (Chestnut Hill, #1)
  • Sundancer
  • Catch Rider
  • The Missing Pony Pal (Pony Pals, #16)
  • The Outside of a Horse
  • A Horse of Her Own
  • Wonder's Promise (Thoroughbred, #2)
  • Dream of Night
  • A Good Horse (Horses of Oak Valley Ranch, #2)
  • Tennessee Rose (Horse Diaries, #9)
  • Keeping Secrets (Timber Ridge Riders, #1)
Twenty-two year old Jessica Burkhart is a writer from New York City. She’s crazy about horses, lip gloss and all things pink and sparkly. Jess was an equestrian before she started writing. Now, she writes the bi-monthly Canterwood Crest series for Aladdin MIX.
More about Jessica Burkhart...

Canterwood Crest (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Take the Reins (Canterwood Crest, #1)
  • Chasing Blue (Canterwood Crest, #2)
  • Behind the Bit (Canterwood Crest, #3)
  • Triple Fault (Canterwood Crest #4)
  • Best Enemies (Canterwood Crest, #5)
  • Little White Lies (Canterwood Crest, #6)
  • Rival Revenge (Canterwood Crest, #7)
  • Home Sweet Drama (Canterwood Crest, #8)
  • Elite Ambition (Canterwood Crest, #10)
  • Scandals, Rumors, Lies (Canterwood Crest, #11)