Start by marking “Full Circle” as Want to Read:
Full Circle

Full Circle (Castings #3)

Saker's ghost army is slaughtering those of the new blood, fueled by an ancient wrong. But while he'd thought revenge would be simple, he's now plagued by voices foreshadowing a calamity beyond his comprehension.

Ash and Bramble raise the warrior spirit of Acton, mighty in life and powerful in death. Only he can stop Saker's rampage. But is Acton, Lord of War, murderer or s
Published November 12th 2009 by Orbit (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Full Circle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Circle

Christopher Ball
Feb 01, 2017 Christopher Ball rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this whole series very much. The climax was a bit disjointed, yet still touching in a way.
Soho_Black
Pamela Freeman's ''Castings'' trilogy is written in an unusual way for a fantasy novel. It tells the story from the characters points of view, in a style more common to the chick-lit novels of Josie Lloyd and Emlyn Rees. This interrupted the flow of the story quite noticeably in ''Blood Ties'', the first of the trilogy, but didn't seem quite so much of a distraction in the second part, ''Deep Water''. Unfortunately, this time around it works against the story.

Saker's ghostly army is going throug
Buffy
Apr 09, 2016 Buffy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So, I read a lot of book blogs and lists like 'The Top 800 Fantasy Books You Must Read Before You Die' and I've gotta say that I've never seen anything by Pamela Freeman on any of those lists. I'd never even heard of her before. I found The Castings Trilogy by a happy accident at the library one day. They had all 3!!! (When does that ever happen?) So I thought I'd give the first one a try and see how it went. I loved these books so much! And I'm sitting here thinking WHY HAVEN'T I EVER HEARD OF ...more
Michael
Sep 18, 2014 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Karen Field
Dec 27, 2010 Karen Field rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full Circle is a brilliant conclusion to a great story. There were not as many “mini-stories” in this book but as with the other books I totally enjoyed the ones that were included.

The story picks up where the previous one left off and we were guided smoothly to the climax. The story is told from various viewpoints and it was interesting to see how their points of view overlapped and especially how the meaning behind something previously seen from one person’s eyes could change completely when
Lighthearted
May 31, 2011 Lighthearted rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Saker’s ghost army is sweeping across the Eleven Domains, intent upon killing all of Acton’s people and reclaiming the Domains for those of the “old” blood. Ever the schemer, Thegan manipulates the situation in order to achieve his own goals. All is not lost, however. Bramble and Ash raise a ghost of their own: Acton.

What a fantastic conclusion to the Castings Trilogy! The tension builds as Thegan makes things much much worse, mistreated Travelers join Saker, Bramble and Ash reunite only to sepa
Kay
Feb 05, 2011 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Overall I really enjoyed the Castings trilogy and the third book in the series. Each book flowed well from one to the other and are very well written. The best part about the books are the character depictions. From the stories of the main characters to the stories of the minor characters they were all interesting and well written. The chapters about the minor characters were an excellent addition to the series. They helped give alternative perspectives to the world and helped me understand why ...more
Ruth
Aug 16, 2011 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
jD
This was an excellent wrap. I am really going to miss these characters. Her writing style of jumping from character to charter perspective did not irk me as much with this one. My only issue was the fact that the characters were not reflective so the reader really needed to remember many details from the first two books. I did not own the other two and had read them a year ago. I really had to let some things go because I did not recall what the back story was like the character of Apple or the ...more
Deborah
Feb 24, 2014 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wonderful! this series needed a really strong finish, one that could be as surprising but right in terms of plot, and as true to the characters while showing how much they had changed, as the first two books.
the invasions a thousand years ago changed the world for all the people, and the events described in Deep Water and Full Circle change things all over again.
The story of Acton reminds me of the story of King Arthur and the idea that he will return when Britain is in great need (I'm sure Fr
aishuzu
Oct 16, 2011 aishuzu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tammy
Oct 13, 2015 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this series. I love flawed characters that make some mistakes but are trying to do the best they can. This series has some complex moral issues about taking land and lives for the sake of safety or revenge. No bad language. Sec happens frequently or is mentioned with frequency. Nothing crude or vulgar but it is a repeating topic so I won't let my young teenagers read.
Amanda Sands
Apr 18, 2016 Amanda Sands rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Was one of the most satisfying endings I have ever read, usually I would want to know what happened to other characters but honestly the way this ended the beauty of it is in the fact a new life to the story has been given. Meaning that the real satisfaction comes from with the characters being able to now decide on their future.
Craig
Apr 16, 2011 Craig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Excellent ending to the series. Almost totally plot driven, although still using the multiple-threaded narrative. Still fewer "interludes" with passing characters, which I missed, but one of the most surprising and satisfying (and tearful) series' endings I've experienced. The whole series doesn't quite get 5 stars, but easily makes 4 1/2.
Teryl
Feb 23, 2010 Teryl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
While she does bring all (or most of) the characters together, I think there are just too many for the length of the book. There were definitely a few odd things eg near the end, Cael doesn't fit the situation in my opinion.
Kate Forsyth
Aug 22, 2010 Kate Forsyth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is the third book in the Castings trilogy by Australian author Pamela Freeman and was a wonderful conclusion to an amazing series. Fresh, surprising, romantic and beautifully written, this is the best fantasy series I've read in a long time.
April Sarah
Jan 08, 2015 April Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This whole trilogy was a wonderful story to get lost in. You truly are transported to another time and place.

This final book was a well though out completion of this story arc. The journey that all the characters went on and grew from was beautify constructed and told.
Catherine
Aug 11, 2010 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lou
This is the third of the Castings Triology. If you like fantasy adventure then you will like this. I would compare them to the Pullman triology. Great escapism into other worlds plus some great characters. Couldn't put any of them down!
Jen
Jul 23, 2011 Jen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, teenage
A disappointing end to this trilogy. The message of all types of people working together is a bit overstated. The Travellers and Acton's people working as one is the main message, with Acton and Bramble getting together through death, and Leof and Sorn also an item.
Tanith
May 23, 2010 Tanith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed all three.
Full circle is the last of the Trilogy bring all characters together in the end.
I liked Bramble, you always want your heroine to be strong- and in this case, fearless as well.

This is a must read book
Amber
Aug 04, 2014 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say the ending was fitting. I very much enjoyed it. I would have loved to have a small epilogue to tell me how the new world order developed and how the characters turned out, but I understand the need to let the imagination take the reader where it may.
Joanne
Sep 23, 2014 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable

This was a very satisfying end to the trilogy. Nothing was too pay, or predictable. It was just really well done.
Becca Mix
Mar 28, 2013 Becca Mix rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ending of this novel was one of the best endings to any singular book or series I've ever come across. Every character reached his or her story arc brilliantly.
Toks
Feb 03, 2011 Toks rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I absolutely hated the ending and the pacing issues got worse. I like the characters, I like the idea of the ending I just didn't at all like how it was executed.
Rachel Toh
Apr 14, 2013 Rachel Toh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers, those interested in trying something new
Kel
Kel rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2012
Isabella Schoepfere
Isabella Schoepfere rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2013
Siobhan
Siobhan rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2009
Roxanne Rust
Roxanne Rust rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2013
Katie Glasgow
Katie Glasgow rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2013
  • The Gates of Winter (The Last Rune, #5)
  • In Ashes Lie (Onyx Court, #2)
  • The Ascendancy Veil (Braided Path, #3)
  • And Blue Skies From Pain (The Fey and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Steerswoman's Road
  • Dirty Magic
  • Phantom of Blood Alley (Barnaby Grimes, # 4)
  • Stolen Crown (Mithgar, #6)
  • Spectyr (Book of the Order, #2)
  • Winter of Magic's Return
  • The Monsters of Morley Manor: A Madcap Adventure
  • The Silver Door (Moon & Sun, #2)
  • The Riven Shield (The Sun Sword, #5)
  • The Song of the Silvercades (Kira Chronicles, #2)
  • Sorceress of Faith (The Summoning #2)
  • Nightshade City (Nightshade Chronicles, #1)
  • Nightmare (The Silent Empire, #2)
Pamela Freeman is an Australian author of books for both adults and children. Most of her work is fantasy but she has also written mystery stories, science fiction, family dramas and non-fiction. Her first adult series, the Castings Trilogy (Blood Ties, Deep Water and Full Circle) is published globally by Orbit books. She is best known in Australia for the junior novel Victor’s Quest and an associ ...more
More about Pamela Freeman...

Castings (3 books)
  • Blood Ties (Castings, #1)
  • Deep Water (Castings, #2)