Full Circle

Full Circle (Castings #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  297 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Saker's ghost army is slaughtering those of the new blood, fueled by an ancient wrong. But while he'd thought revenge would be simple, he's now plagued by voices foreshadowing a calamity beyond his comprehension.

Ash and Bramble raise the warrior spirit of Acton, mighty in life and powerful in death. Only he can stop Saker's rampage. But is Acton, Lord of War, murderer or s...more
Published November 12th 2009 by Orbit (first published January 1st 2009)

Deborah
wonderful! this series needed a really strong finish, one that could be as surprising but right in terms of plot, and as true to the characters while showing how much they had changed, as the first two books.
the invasions a thousand years ago changed the world for all the people, and the events described in Deep Water and Full Circle change things all over again.
The story of Acton reminds me of the story of King Arthur and the idea that he will return when Britain is in great need (I'm sure Fr...more
Kay
Overall I really enjoyed the Castings trilogy and the third book in the series. Each book flowed well from one to the other and are very well written. The best part about the books are the character depictions. From the stories of the main characters to the stories of the minor characters they were all interesting and well written. The chapters about the minor characters were an excellent addition to the series. They helped give alternative perspectives to the world and helped me understand why...more
Karen Field
Full Circle is a brilliant conclusion to a great story. There were not as many “mini-stories” in this book but as with the other books I totally enjoyed the ones that were included.

The story picks up where the previous one left off and we were guided smoothly to the climax. The story is told from various viewpoints and it was interesting to see how their points of view overlapped and especially how the meaning behind something previously seen from one person’s eyes could change completely when...more
Ruth
Lighthearted
Saker’s ghost army is sweeping across the Eleven Domains, intent upon killing all of Acton’s people and reclaiming the Domains for those of the “old” blood. Ever the schemer, Thegan manipulates the situation in order to achieve his own goals. All is not lost, however. Bramble and Ash raise a ghost of their own: Acton.

What a fantastic conclusion to the Castings Trilogy! The tension builds as Thegan makes things much much worse, mistreated Travelers join Saker, Bramble and Ash reunite only to sepa...more
jD
This was an excellent wrap. I am really going to miss these characters. Her writing style of jumping from character to charter perspective did not irk me as much with this one. My only issue was the fact that the characters were not reflective so the reader really needed to remember many details from the first two books. I did not own the other two and had read them a year ago. I really had to let some things go because I did not recall what the back story was like the character of Apple or the...more
Megan
I love this series so much. Might do a review... we'll see.
Craig
Excellent ending to the series. Almost totally plot driven, although still using the multiple-threaded narrative. Still fewer "interludes" with passing characters, which I missed, but one of the most surprising and satisfying (and tearful) series' endings I've experienced. The whole series doesn't quite get 5 stars, but easily makes 4 1/2.
aishuzu
Jen
A disappointing end to this trilogy. The message of all types of people working together is a bit overstated. The Travellers and Acton's people working as one is the main message, with Acton and Bramble getting together through death, and Leof and Sorn also an item.
Kate Forsyth
This is the third book in the Castings trilogy by Australian author Pamela Freeman and was a wonderful conclusion to an amazing series. Fresh, surprising, romantic and beautifully written, this is the best fantasy series I've read in a long time.
Tanith
I really enjoyed all three.
Full circle is the last of the Trilogy bring all characters together in the end.
I liked Bramble, you always want your heroine to be strong- and in this case, fearless as well.

This is a must read book
Catherine
Aug 11, 2010 Catherine rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Lou
This is the third of the Castings Triology. If you like fantasy adventure then you will like this. I would compare them to the Pullman triology. Great escapism into other worlds plus some great characters. Couldn't put any of them down!
Teryl
While she does bring all (or most of) the characters together, I think there are just too many for the length of the book. There were definitely a few odd things eg near the end, Cael doesn't fit the situation in my opinion.
Toks W.
I absolutely hated the ending and the pacing issues got worse. I like the characters, I like the idea of the ending I just didn't at all like how it was executed.
Becca Mix
The ending of this novel was one of the best endings to any singular book or series I've ever come across. Every character reached his or her story arc brilliantly.
Rachel Toh
Apr 14, 2013 Rachel Toh rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers, those interested in trying something new
Shelves: fantasy
Christopher Bashforth
Disappointing ending book to an excellent Trilogy. Lost interest at the end.
Leah
Fantastic end to the series! :')
Erika Leach
Great ending to the trilogy.
Orbit
Fall-Winter-2010
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Laura Normand
Laura Normand marked it as to-read
Laura Normand
Laura Normand marked it as to-read
Luke
Luke marked it as to-read
Dima
Dima marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
B
B marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
  • Nightfall Gardens (Nightfall Gardens, #1)
  • The Silver Door (Moon & Sun, #2)
  • The Steerswoman's Road
  • Nightshade City (Nightshade Chronicles, #1)
  • Spectyr (Book of the Order, #2)
  • The Fade
  • The Iron Tree (The Crowthistle Chronicles, #1)
  • The Outcast Blade (The Assassini, #2)
  • The Monsters of Morley Manor: A Madcap Adventure
  • Shadow Falling (Avatars, #2)
  • The Sun Sword (The Sun Sword, #6)
  • Hellboy, Vol. 9: The Wild Hunt (Hellboy, #9)
  • Mimus
  • In the Earth Abides the Flame (Fire of Heaven, #2)
  • Cold Steel (Spiritwalker, #3)
  • Children of the Serpent Gate (Tears of Artamon, #3)
  • The Silver Call
  • Fox and Phoenix (Long City, #1)
Pamela Freeman is an Australian author of books for both adults and children. Most of her work is fantasy but she has also written mystery stories, science fiction, family dramas and non-fiction. Her first adult series, the Castings Trilogy (Blood Ties, Deep Water and Full Circle) is published globally by Orbit books. She is best known in Australia for the junior novel Victor’s Quest and an associ...more
More about Pamela Freeman...
Blood Ties (Castings, #1) Deep Water (Castings, #2) The Castings Trilogy (Castings, #1-3) Ember and Ash The Black Dress: Mary Mackillop's Early Years