Start by marking “When Wallflowers Dance: Becoming a Woman of Righteous Confidence Study Guide” as Want to Read:
When Wallflowers Dance: Becoming a Woman of Righteous Confidence Study Guide

When Wallflowers Dance: Becoming a Woman of Righteous Confidence Study Guide

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  15 reviews

When we were two, we were no longer babies-we were becoming little girls. And when we were thirteen, we were leaving childhood behind, becoming young women. But somewhere along the way, we stopped becoming. We became "un-women." Wallflowers who are just breathing and smiling and blending in to stay out of the way.

That is not what God had in mind when He created us. He wan

Published March 1st 2008 by LifeWay Christian Resources (first published March 13th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about When Wallflowers Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Wallflowers Dance

Tusialei
This book really helped me focus on God's plan for my life. It has broadened my perspective on myself, people, and things. It has made me realize the importance of knowing that I am BEAUTIFUL, NEEDED and LOVED by HIM who is in Heaven. If you need a boost in your weariness, confidence, or you just want to know how to break free from the chains, I HIGHLY recommend this book. Angela Thomas is such a good author. She knows the importance of sticking with GOD through the highs and the lows. She knows ...more
Leanne
A few good nuggets!
Erin House
A few years ago I joined a neighborhood bible study. We actually read this book instead of the bible. Though I had no real connection initially to the content, I found I was able to take away a good deal of insight into my own situation. I grew to be more appreciative of my own situation and empathetic towards others. I am so thankful for all I have. If I need change, I know it is only up to me. I can change me, no one else. I can change how I react to others, not how others act.

Good read.
Jennifer Short
I read this in one sitting. I love Angela Thomas' books, and this one had me taking notes and making myself feel not like I was putting on dancing shoes, but more like I was growing wings and that I'll be able to fly. I love her suggestion of taking time off of everything except what you HAVE to do. I've told people this is "my year" and I'm not doing anything beyond what I HAVE to unless I really want to do it! Great book, and excellent read for any woman who feels "tired" in life!
Marisa
Heard her speak. It is an interesting look at becoming the woman that God designed you to be. She speaks of the many women who get wrapped up in their many roles and forget who they are.
It seemed a bit redundant, so I stopped reading it.
Wendy
Loved this book and am doing the bible study too. Came to me at the right time and made an impression. Really enjoyed how much it made me think and inspire me to build my relationship with God.
Daphne Wheeler
Currently doing the Bible study... great material!!! Really convicting, yet reassuring at the same time. Want to really grow in & with God? Worthwhile read and/or study.
Amy
This book was okay. I liked the stories and there was some good advice in it, but nothing spectacular.
Priscilla Schubert
Another great one by Angela. I love her genuine heart!!
Tracey Kenard
Just starting, but soaking it up already.
Mary Beth
This is an excellent Bible study for beginners.
Angela Gamble-muncy
Absolutely Loved this book!!
Catherine
I LOVED this Bible study!
Gail
Loved the things this book made me think about. I am even considering doing the Bible study.
Julie Camp
Julie Camp marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Brittany Bridgers
Brittany Bridgers marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Coty
Coty marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Katlyn
Katlyn marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Me, Myself, & Lies: A Thought-Closet Makeover -Bible Study Workbook
  • He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
  • A Woman's Heart
  • Contemplative Youth Ministry: Practicing the Presence of Jesus
  • Fresh Brewed Life: A Stirring Invitation to Wake Up Your Soul
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • Falling in Love with Jesus: Abandoning Yourself to the Greatest Romance of Your Life
  • Changes That Heal: How to Understand the Past to Ensure a Healthier Future
  • A Contrarian's Guide to Knowing God: Spirituality for the Rest of Us
  • God Speaks Your Love Language: How to Feel and Reflect God's Love
  • Growing True Disciples: New Strategies for Producing Genuine Followers of Christ
  • Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On
  • Soultsunami: Sink or Swim in New Millennium Culture
  • The Allure of Hope: God's Pursuit of a Woman's Heart
  • Confessions of a Pastor: Adventures in Dropping the Pose and Getting Real with God
  • God Loves You: He Always Has--He Always Will
  • Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole
  • Becoming Fearless: My Ongoing Journey of Learning to Trust God
Angela Thomas is the best-selling author of numerous books including DO YOU THINK I'M BEAUTIFUL and MY SINGLE MOM LIFE. She is a gifted teacher and story-teller speaking to thousands each year. Angela teaches and transparently shares life experiences that draw her and others into a deeper passion for knowing God. Thomas graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill & Dallas Th ...more
More about Angela Thomas...
Do You Think I'm Beautiful? 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom: What Mothers Can Do to Make a Lifelong Difference Brave: Honest Questions Women Ask: Member book My Single Mom Life: True Stories and Practical Lessons for Your Journey A Beautiful Offering: Returning God's Love with Your Life