Start by marking “Le Prisonnier de la tour de fer” as Want to Read:
Le Prisonnier de la tour de fer

Le Prisonnier de la tour de fer (Tears of Artamon #2)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,246 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Gavril Nagarian a repoussé le démon-dragon.
Le Drakhaoul a disparu, et avec lui ses effrayants pouvoirs. A présent, Gavril comprend à quel point il a trahi sa lignée et son peuple : il a mis en jeu le royaume glacé d'Azhkendir et il a perdu. Emprisonné dans la Tour de Fer, il n'y a plus que trois femmes pour préserver sa mémoire. Sa mère, qui sème la rébellion ; une jeune s
Mass Market Paperback, 726 pages
Published June 17th 2009 by LGF/Livre de Poche (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Le Prisonnier de la tour de fer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Le Prisonnier de la tour de fer

Cindy
Sep 08, 2012 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this enthralling second part of the Tears of Artamon series, we get a little more insight in the actual Tears of Artamon, the rubies that the Great Artamon left behind, and the legend that goes with it. As I said before: I’m a big, big fan of legends, history and voices from the past. I’m thrilled that the story revolves around this fascinating history of the Rossiyan Empire.

And once again, there’s this wonderful building of characters. I’ve said it in the review about the first book and I’ll
Lady K
Dec 11, 2010 Lady K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
La couverture de l’ouvrage est magnifique, mais j’ai trouvé dommage qu’il ne soit pas clairement signalé que ce livre fait suite à La traque de l’ombre, premier tome des préquelles. Heureusement ce n’est pas gênant, car l’histoire reste parfaitement compréhensible. Pour preuve, je n’ai eu aucun mal à me glisser dans l’histoire sans avoir lu le premier tome, au contraire, et ce malgré quelques malheureuses coquilles. Voici les deux principaux points négatifs, vous en conviendrez : ils sont insign ...more
Ruth
Jul 23, 2011 Ruth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"Not my favourite book. Gavril Nagarian - the hero. Whilst there is supposedly a secret sound track within each of the books I must be really really dense because I didn't pick up on any of it. ""'We've driven Eugene of Tielen out of Azhkendir. Now we must learn to fight without daemonic powers to protect us. To fight like men.' Sarah Ash is sister to Jessica Rydill who also is a fantasy author. This is another fantasy novel in which politics and intrigue are the main plot line. Ash's world is c ...more
Rosu Aquabutts
Aug 04, 2012 Rosu Aquabutts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Logan
Apr 26, 2010 Logan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2010
Well, book two is just as plot-driven as book one, Lord of Snow and Shadows. Again, not necessarily a bad thing, but I wish the narrative hadn't move so far from Azhkendir and the ruined house of Arkhel. It might return to it, but it's starting to seem doubtful. I really do hope that Azhkendir, the blood feud between the Arkhels and Nagarians, Jaromir Arkhel, and little Stavyomir turn out to be more than elaborate plot devices used to make Gavril's parentage mysterious, force Gavril into his pow ...more
Maggie
Dec 21, 2013 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm glad I continued with this trilogy. The first book was hard for me to get drawn into, but there was no difficulty in book two. I'm still not a huge fan of Sarah's writing style, but I'm loving her imagination. This book answered a few questions I was wondering about at the end of Lord Of Snow And Shadows. More accurately, I was expecting certain things to happen, and they did. I don't know if the predictability of a story makes some readers get disenchanted, but I actually like it. Of course ...more
Althea Ann
May 14, 2012 Althea Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewing "Prisoner of the Iron Tower" and "Children of the Serpent Gate" together.
These are #2 and #3 in the trilogy, and I feel much the same way about them as I did about the first book: I really liked them.

Thee aren't books I would recommend to a non-fantasy fan in order to win them over to fantasy - but if you're a fan of long, complex fantasies with lots of plotting and politics as well as action and magic and just a little romance - well, these deliver.

The ante is upped here, as more of
Crazy Uncle Ryan
Amarzyciel
I can't finish this, it's a chore.
although a character that lack wit isn't my cup of tea, the book once more failed to explain the reason of the action. Resulting in my inability to relate to their choice. It simply annoys too much in the end.

Regardless, it has potential.
Rillanon
Jan 10, 2016 Rillanon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great follow up to the first. Really enjoyed reading this book. and it made me very keen so see how the series would end.
Crystiebaby1
Feb 05, 2014 Crystiebaby1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
it was nice to see that some books could still be enthralling even when set in a non western society. kudos to Sarah Ash
Jeanie
Jan 17, 2016 Jeanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I much preferred the first novel but I still want to read the third
Jenn
Nov 20, 2014 Jenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Sivon
Feb 21, 2015 Sivon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this series! Lots of action and adventure,with a tiny bit of romance.
Amy
Jan 16, 2011 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Amy by: Jeff Sternstein
Shelves: scifi-fantasy
I read this immediately after reading book 13 of the Wheel of Time. Compared to that one, this book is very dark, which sort of just dropped my mood straight down.
Analytically...it's a nice enough story. It's written well enough, although it's not my favorite type of writing style.
Once again this is a series that a friend of mine really enjoys, so I said I would read it.
S.A. Parham
this series still has strong flaws with overall characterization. While the main character has fleshed out a little, and some of the others are interesting, the "villain" is a Jekyll/Hyde style character whom I often feel is just flipped to whichever personality the author needs for that scene. I'm hoping there's some sort of resolution or explanation for this in book 3.
Sally Davis
I really tried to finish this, but there are too many other good books out there to be wasting my time struggling through this. It's slow and taking ten years to tell one boring story. I really hate to not finish a book, but after 2/3rds of it and it's still this bad, I have to let it go. It's very transparent and just really taking too long to wrap up. Sorry!
Maura37
This series is OK for fantasy, but a little lower quality than some of the folks I read. I picked the first one up at random from the library a few weeks ago, and they're more mindless time fillers than high quality reading. She's not all formulaic though, and the "hero" definitely has a dark side. As long as you give me shades of gray I can read it.
kelly
Jan 14, 2014 kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: living-room
Took me several tries to get into this one. It's not bad. Couldn't tell you more than that.
Alicia
Jun 25, 2008 Alicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What a great sequel to the first in the Tears of Artamon series. It starts right where it left off in the first book. Gavril is sans daemon dragon and going insane--but he has found love. Yeah! It gets really good with more torture and the political ambitions rise in our rulers of this world. Very good addition.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Magically second installment is just as good as the first one. I'm pulled into this story and reading it within a day. Well crafted world with intrigue and it doesn't seem as if there are any friends. Everyone can be an enemy. Enjoyed this second one and can't wait for the next.
Allen
Dec 13, 2007 Allen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just finished book two of this three part series and I am still quite pleased with this story. I was a little unsure about half way through this book, but then really enjoyed the last third of the book. I hopefully will be able to finish this series before the year is out.
Laura Grabowski
Aug 04, 2008 Laura Grabowski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I didn't enjoy this one as much as its predecessor, but I still liked the book. This one was hard to get through: the story felt bleak, and there was little hope that things would turn out well. If you like the first book, though, this one is worth the effort.
Sean
Sep 29, 2007 Sean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent, but not as good as its predecessor, and it ends on a cliffhanger. Eugene of Tielen gets much more development this time around, and Gavril. . .well, he goes through hell and back again, almost literally.

Recommended if you liked the first one.
Craig
Aug 04, 2011 Craig rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A continuation of the series, it moves along at a decent pace. A few surprises along the way, but like many second books in a trilogy, it mostly sets up the conclusion. Not a bad thing necessarily, but a little more could have been done here.
AMarie
Sep 23, 2008 AMarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Prisoner of the Iron Tower was a nailbiter to the end--but of course its not the end because it is part of a trilogy. Sarah Ash sets herself amongst the great Fantasy authors....Great Job Sarah!!!
Marsha Johnson
Huh. A series with a whole bunch of good guys that are also bad guys on occasion. You never know who to hate!!! I can't even hate the Drakhaon, really. This is a great series.
Lindsay
Jan 20, 2009 Lindsay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, z2009
I enjoyed this book a bit more than the first in the series, managing to connect with some of the characters a bit more. Looking forward to reading the third book.
Sue
Mar 06, 2014 Sue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: f-and-sf
First read this around 2006. (Book 2 of the "Tears of Artamon" series, of which "Lord of Snow & Shadows" was the first book.)

Re-reading (March 2014).
Brendan
Aug 08, 2008 Brendan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is very much the "Two Towers" of the series. I solid middle act to the refreshing opening and epic ending.
  • La Guerre des Loups (La Moïra, #2)
  • Savage Messiah (The Destinies of Blood and Stone, #1)
  • Heir of Autumn (Heartstone Trilogy, #1)
  • The Eye of Night
  • Revelation (Rai-Kirah, #2)
  • The Dragon at Noonday (Brothers of Gwynedd, #2)
  • Devlin's Honor (Sword of Change, #2)
  • Legacy of the Wolf: Cheysuli Omnibus #2
  • Sartor
  • The Iron Ghost (The Copper Cat, #2)
  • The Iron Tree (The Crowthistle Chronicles, #1)
  • L'Œil d'Otolep (Les Mondes d'Ewilan, #2)
  • Complete Works
  • The Shadow at the Gate  (The Tormay Trilogy, #2)
  • The Grieving Tree (Eberron: The Dragon Below, #2)
  • Mystic Warrior (The Bronze Canticles, #1)
  • The Tower on the Rift (The View from the Mirror, #2)
  • Twilight Rising, Serpent's Dream
Sarah Ash was born and brought up in Bath. At university she trained as a musician, but is now a teacher and author of highly-praised novels, such as the Tears of Artamon Trilogy. Sarah Ash has recently moved back to Bath.
More about Sarah Ash...

Tears of Artamon (3 books)
  • Lord of Snow and Shadows (Tears of Artamon, #1)
  • Children of the Serpent Gate (Tears of Artamon, #3)