Start by marking “Feline Fatale (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #9)” as Want to Read:
Feline Fatale (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #9)

Feline Fatale (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #9)

While visiting her friend Wanda, Kendra Ballantyne sets off a squabble over the building's animal policy. One week later, an anti-pet board member is found dead in Wanda's apartment. Now, Kendra must start sniffing around for the real killer.
Published July 6th 2010 by Berkley (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Feline Fatale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feline Fatale

Eva
Jul 30, 2012 Eva rated it did not like it
Shelves: don-t-bother

Had to give up on this one after 100 laborious pages. The characters didn't seem to be going anywhere and I found I really didn't care who murdered mean Margaret. This book might have been better if the author hadn't tried to combine a mystery with a one sided romance. The writing style wasn't my cup of tea, either. The first person narrative was fine, but I didn't need the main character telling me each time she started or ended a day in the book that she had to go about her pet sitting duties
Melissa
Jan 17, 2012 Melissa rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
Ok, I was hesitant to read this book. The two previous were mediocre and I "hoped" this one would be better. Up to par with the original books in the serious that made me like Kendra Ballityne, Pet-sitter. I was really really disappointed. I felt like the author was having to repeat things over and over to fill pages...like she had run out of ideas. The side "show" of her law cases, her pet-sitting, her meddling with her friends doggie daycare, and her love life were annoying at best. I got ...more
Bethany
Oct 25, 2010 Bethany rated it did not like it
I have never met a cozy I didn't like. They are my supreme guilty pleasure. The brighter and more cheery, the cheesier, the better. But I have met my match. I put it back in my "return to library book bag" halfway through. I get it -- she's a petsitter. I don't need the blow-by-blow for MTWTHF, lady. And the intrapersonal drama didn't even make sense. Sorry.
Grey853
Aug 23, 2010 Grey853 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery, cozy
This is book nine in a series, which is surprising because it wasn't a great book. The writing is rather dull and the plot unrealistic. I won't be reading the rest of the series.
Kristin
May 04, 2011 Kristin rated it did not like it
Just a bad book. I suffered through it and wow I understand you like pets cats and dogs. I like them too but thats all you talk about. Story not that interesting.
Tammy
May 31, 2011 Tammy rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, cats
Pet sitter Kendra Ballantyne and self-proclaimed "murder magnet" helps prove her friend innocent by tracking down the clues left by a fiesty kitten. Fluff with some romance. Suggestive language rather than descriptive though.

Elaine
Sep 30, 2011 Elaine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
used the term "murder magnet" I think 129 times in this book. It was cute the first couple of times not so much by the end.
Caroline
Feb 22, 2015 Caroline rated it did not like it
Disappointing. I haven't finished the book yet. Normally I read this type of book really quickly in just a couple of evenings at most but I'm going on a week with this one. I am about 75% done so don't want to give up. I like animals and I like the premise of the book but the writing is very stilted and one dimensional. As other reviewers have said we don't need to know every detail of Kendra's day. Also it is annoying to read her thoughts like "I remained in the business casual I'd worn to the ...more
Marty
May 31, 2016 Marty rated it it was ok
Another quick read. None of this series (I think I’ve read 4 now) are great books, but they are OK when you don’t have to pay much attention to what you are reading. I’d say this is like the Ferrets book, OK but not as good as Sit, Stay or the one about the Macaw. Here, Attorney/Pet Sitter Kendra Ballantyne is substituting for a friend who is also a pet sitter. Kendra goes to a condo complex to take care of Lady Cuddles, a cute kitten, the kitten dashes out and into a neighboring apartment. When ...more
Kristy Stewart
Nov 09, 2015 Kristy Stewart rated it liked it
This would be a great story but the author over explains things too much. Like she doesn't think we can make assumptions. One example is every time someone mentions purchasing a pet care item she has to mention that it was purchased at Hot Pets. We don't need to know that information.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I enjoyed this book but it got slightly tedious to me. It lacked the usual surprising turns. I thought Kiki was going to be a surprise but not really. The romance moved onward, although, choppily to my opinion.

It just wasn't up to the prior ones I'd read.
Anne-Kathrine
This book was ok but found some of the descriptions annoying. But will check out the next book comes out :)
Nancy Haddock
Another outstanding book in this pet-sitting series. I have every one of these books, and the author has a spin-off series starting soon!
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Inger
Inger rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Cathie Kodet
Cathie Kodet rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2011
Anna Davenport
Anna Davenport rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Carol Clayton
Carol Clayton rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2012
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2013
Mirjana
Mirjana rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2014
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2015
Steveandbeth Sawyer
Steveandbeth Sawyer rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Sherry Markowitz
Sherry Markowitz rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2010
Ann
Ann rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2011
Toni
Toni rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
J
J rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Rachelle
Rachelle rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Silent Auction (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #5)
  • Raining Cat Sitters and Dogs (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery, #5)
  • Drive Time (Charlotte McNally, #4)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery #4)
  • Gaits of Heaven (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #17)
  • You May Now Kill the Bride (Carnegie Kincaid, #5)
  • A Stitch in Crime (Crochet Mystery, #4)
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • The Northbury Papers (A Karen Pelletier Mystery #2)
  • Dial H for Hitchcock (A Cece Caruso Mystery, #5)
  • Nine Lives Last Forever (The Cats and Curios Mystery Series, #2)
  • Casket Case (A Callie Parrish Mystery #3)
  • Getting Old Is to Die For (Gladdy Gold, #4)
  • Goodbye, Dolly (Gretchen Birch, #2)
  • Death Takes the Cake (A Della Cooks Mystery #2)
  • Death in Show (Dog Walker Mysteries, #3)
  • The Riesling Retribution (Wine Country Mysteries #4)
  • The Flaming Luau of Death (Madeline Bean, #7)
Linda O. Johnston's first published fiction appeared in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine and won the Robert L. Fish Memorial Award for Best First Mystery Short Story of the Year. Since then, Linda has had more short stories and novellas published, plus, by the end of 2015, she will have had forty-one novels published, including mysteries and romance.

Linda currently writes two cozy mystery series f
More about Linda O. Johnston...

Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery (9 books)
  • Sit, Stay, Slay (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #1)
  • Nothing to Fear But Ferrets (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #2)
  • Fine-Feathered Death (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-sitter Mystery, #3)
  • Meow is for Murder (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #4)
  • The Fright of the Iguana (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #5)
  • Double Dog Dare (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #6)
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • Howl Deadly (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #8)