Start by marking “The Queen of Clean Conquers Clutter” as Want to Read:
The Queen of Clean Conquers Clutter

The Queen of Clean Conquers Clutter

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When it comes to freeing your home of clutter (let's face it -- we all have it),
The Queen of Clean

really spells things out for you:
Question
Unpack
Evaluate
Eliminate
Neaten up!

It's a foolproof sorting system for even the most devoted packrat: Question the best possible use of a room, a closet, a drawer...Unpack all of your clutter to get a sense of what you have (and what y...more
Published December 1st 2002 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about The Queen of Clean Conquers Clutter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Queen of Clean Conquers Clutter

Lori
I am actually liking this book. I am not a self help or instructional kind of book reader. But alas I need a system and hers seems to be helping me. Especially the one I implemented last week "Toss out Tuesday". My purse is so nice and my junk drawer is no more. Tommorrow toss out project? The kitchen counter. Wish me luck!
Sharlene
I read this book like a novel while lying in a crumpled up bed with days of clothes and dirty tissues and water bottles spread around me. Perhaps it is a little like watching an exercise show on television while sitting and eating bon-bons.

Much of it seemed like common sense, but it was motivating. I felt like I was chatting with an older woman (a mother or a sister or a friend) who could give me advice on life. Some of it was great. At other times, I didn't think her ideas really fit my life (...more
Kristel
Not the most useful of books. Cobb repeats her basic suggestions ad nauseum: decide what you need, do away with what you don't, and attach shelving of some sort to any wall you can clear a space in.

Reading this book I imagine her house to be wall to wall to ceiling to floor leftover, mis-matched shelves and cupboards. It sounds like she's kept the clutter off the floor by cluttering up the walls with storage options.
Carolyn Amundson
Basic de-cluttering book. Book is organized by rooms and discusses some common storage issues. Not many step by step instructions. A lot more advice about storing stuff than the typical anti-clutter book. For example, every bathroom wall is a storage opportunity. The idea of taking an old nightstand, decorating it with left over wallpaper, and using it as a bookcase in a living or great room really confused me.
Martha
Some small tips here and there in the book are good, and I always like her cleaning remedies but overall it's not a great book about why or how to get rid of your clutter. The basic idea in every chapter is "open this room (or closet, etc) in your house, get rid of the clutter, put the stuff you need back in!". I don't really need someone to walk me through that part of it, I could get that far on my own!
Ruthmgon
I gleaned some new ideas from this one, I am farther along with de-cluttering than some people, so a lot of her advice made sense to me. But if you were just getting started this might frustrate you. I liked her attitude!
Sheila
This book didn't really teach me anything new, but it was a very quick read and helped to organize my thoughts before starting a major house cleaning/de-cluttering.
Angie
Not only is this book hilarious, but it is an easy read with a lot of good tips that many of us could use in our lives.
Toni Johnson
Recommended by one of my bestest friends - Leila. She says the Queen of Clean is AWESOME!!
Cynthia
largely stuff i already know and/or have done
just have to get the oomph to do it!
Vivcaudle
good ideas-easy reading
Robin Bost
Robin Bost marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Becky Lynch
Becky Lynch marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Carol
Carol added it
May 01, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Carole Forshey
Carole Forshey marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Pj
Pj marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean Talking Dirty Laundry With The Queen Of Clean How the Queen Cleans Everything: Handy Advice for a Clean House, Cleaner Laundry, and a Year of Timely Tips The Queen of Clean: Clean Like the Queen Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean and Talking Dirty Laundry with the Queen of Clean