Start by marking “Just Like You: Beautiful Babies Around the World” as Want to Read:
Just Like You: Beautiful Babies Around the World

Just Like You: Beautiful Babies Around the World

On the day you were born, God wrapped his gentle arms around the whole world. What do a crackling fire, a tinkling rattle, and beaded necklaces have in common? They are gifts welcoming brand-new babies into the world—babies just like you. Global families form the centerpiece of this heartwarming story that reminds us of the universal bonds between loved ones. Discover cele ...more
Published March 30th 2010 by Zonderkidz (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Just Like You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Like You

Katie
Sep 19, 2016 Katie rated it really liked it
Just Like You tells the story of babies being born on the same day around the world. For each place in the world, a baby is born, their families gather around, they eat, and they celebrate the new life. Yet, in each place around the world, there are differences, such as the food the families eat to celebrate, the congratulatory gifts that the parents receive, or the places where the babies sleep at night. The book is meant to highlight some of the broad similarities between cultures while also i ...more
N_stefanie Akwa
Sep 28, 2010 N_stefanie Akwa rated it liked it
Shelves: mc-literature
Just Like You, by Marla Stewart Konrad is a simple book but it takes the reader on a tour through many countries. Page after page, the love felt the first night a parent spends at home with their newborn child translates across the globe. All of us, no matter what the ethnicity, have the same spectrum of thoughts on the first night we spend with our babies.
I enjoyed the format the writter used having the first and third paragraphs repeated verbatim, framing second paragraph of each family's sto
Mandy J. Hoffman
Apr 22, 2010 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it really liked it
MY REVIEW:

Just Like You is a beautiful way to teach your children about how much you love them and about life around the world. This tender tale looks at how much your child was loved when he/she was born and how much other Mothers around the world - in places like Australia, China, South Africa, and Egypt - love their children, too. The illustrations are soft, comforting, and tenderly life-like.

I enjoyed reading this book to my children and looking at the pictures of other lands and learning ab
Margaret Chind
Mar 08, 2010 Margaret Chind rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents of younger children
Recommended to Margaret by: FIRST
This is a delightful and beautifully imagined children's book that aides a parent in educating their child about other children around the world "just like" them. Loved by family and God alike with different culture and ways of celebrating, but in all the same. I enjoyed this book and look forward to sharing it time and again with my own child. My only thought on how the book could be better in my own eyes is if the "mommy" term were changed per the country. That I think would be educational as ...more
J.A. McLachlan
Jul 26, 2012 J.A. McLachlan rated it really liked it
I love reading Just Like You by Marla Konrad to my granddaughter. Through pictures and story Marla introduces different cultures and countries, beliefs and customs to young children, within a framework of the family love that unites us all. My toddler granddaughter is fascinated by the beautiful pictures and delightful story and asks repeatedly for this book to be read to her. An excellent book to read to a child or buy for a new mother!
Heatherhh
Mar 18, 2013 Heatherhh rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-and-up
With gorgeous illustrations, in each 2-page spread, this book looks at babies born in another part of the world. The structure is similar at the beginning and end of each page, underlining the commonalities, but the details in the middle vary like gum trees or caribou stew. The underlying message is that each child is special, and there's a Christian message on the last pages of God knowing the numbers of hairs on their head and watching over each one.
Rachel
A celebration of the differences of various cultures, but more importantly, the things that make every culture the same, that is family. Every baby has their toes counted, is sung a lullaby, and the family gathers, bringing gifts/food from their culture.
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2010
Andrew
Andrew rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Tamara Tilley
Tamara Tilley rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Alfajirikali
Alfajirikali rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2011
John
John rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2010
Elizabeth B
Elizabeth B rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2011
Gwynn Raimondi
Gwynn Raimondi rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2010
langa
langa marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2010
Marie Friesen
Marie Friesen marked it as to-read
May 29, 2012