Start by marking “After Glow (Harmony, #2)” as Want to Read:
After Glow (Harmony, #2)

After Glow (Harmony #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  2,788 ratings  ·  80 reviews
Dear Listener:

Welcome back to my other world - the rules are a little different here.

Life is complicated for Lydia Smith. She's working at that tacky, third-rate museum, Shrimpton's House of Ancient Horrors, trying to salvage her career in para-archaeology - and dating the most dangerous man in town. Just when she thinks she might be getting things under control, she stumb
Audio CD, Unabridged
Published July 1st 2009 by Brilliance Audio (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about After Glow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Glow

Eliza
Oct 03, 2014 Eliza rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Eliza by: Donnette
Captivating and thrilling, full of unsuspecting plot twists.

Series: Harmony 2, Ghost Hunter 2, Curtain 4
Characters: Lydia & Emmett
Setting: Alien planet, Old Cadence
Mature Themes: Sex, Drug references

Picking up a few weeks after the events in After Dark, Lydia and Emmett are still feeling their way through their relationship with one another. Lydia's private consulting is picking up and with a new client, her job at the museum, and the ongoing investigating she's doing into her Lost Weekend.
An Odd1
** "After Glow" follows "After Dark", among other (better?) similar-plot fantasy explicit romances by Jayne Castle aka Krentz, set in futuristic planet Harmony. A 'hunter' can tune thought waves through amber to gather or disperse 'ghost' energy radiating from crystal.

The series suffers from excess amber and jargon such as 'rez' for power. If her heroines believe hunter Guilds are criminal mobs, why do they date 'thug' bosses and manipulate marriages? Action seems jerky, fits and starts, such a
Carrie
SOA Reading Challenge 2012 Surprise Me by Quarter: Quarter 2

Choice #3 – Rounding Out the Family – Listen to a romance where a child (under 18) or pet plays a significant role. (Fuzz, the dust bunny)

SFR Reading Challenge 2012

2.5* rounded up to 3*
Grade C+

Mildly entertaining futuristic suspense novel hampered by clunky writing and too much telling. I generally enjoy JAK in all her permutations, but this isn't one of her best. Lydia and Emmett skirted around actually talking about their true feeling
Sheila Melo
Sequel That Answers Questions

Sequel That Answers Questions

AFTER GLOW is the second novel in the Harmony series. It features the same couple as AFTER DARK, Lydia Smith and Emmett London. In the first book, readers were introduced to the earth colony of Harmony where humans have developed paranormal abilities. Lydia last her job when she had a lost weekend where she has 48 hours of memory loss. Lydia and Emmett began arelationship in the first book.

In this book, the relationship is finally resolve
Thenia
Lydia and Emmett's story's conclusion, where loose ends are tied, mysteries are solved and our heroes get their happy ever after future.

Interesting world, flawed characters and a conspiracy theory made this an engaging read.

The series continues with Ghost Hunter and a new couple's story.
Pamela
I love these books about the para normal, and the relics found on the planet left behind by another race. I also loved the sexy Guild Boss, Emmitt. Lydia a renown para-archiologist is recovering from a bad burn in the underground, when people she is close to begin dropping dead. This is a fun read, and a sexy read. There are plenty of plot changes, and clues, and false leads to keep you turning the page. I also love the dust bunnies, and hers is adorable. It had a great ending, that surprised me ...more
Emily
The second novel featuring Lydia Smith, a 'tangler,' and Emmett London, a 'ghost hunter' is an excellent continuation of their tale. Generally, I believe each couple gets one book, and after that, they can guest in other books, but in the case of Lydia and Emmett, their story was too long for just one book. I had mentioned in my review of "After Dark" that I thought there were some loose ends, and this book ties them up. The mystery of Lydia's "Lost Weekend" in the Harmonic Catacombs is solved, ...more
Christine
As I mentioned in my review of "After Dark," the first half of this duet, I was kind of annoyed that I had to read another book in order to get the rest of the story. My feelings didn't really change after I finished this. I continue to feel that this is one of Jaynce Castle's weaker stories by any psuedonym and her weakest under this one. I'd say it took her a couple of books to get into writing science fiction, but with the possible exception that she didn't lay the groundwork very well (in th ...more
Kathy
Setting: Cadence – her apartment at Dead City View Apartments, his condo – closer to the ruins and it’s resonance power, Hunter Headquarters, Shrimpton’s House of Ancient Horrors, Restoration Ball; Dead City of Old Cadence – green glowing passageways, underground offices and holding cells, one with complicated psi-trap to prevent from going further;

Theme:
Love and commitment – waiting for the other, as hinting for it – both her and him; responsibility; what happened on Lydia’s Lost Weekend, and
Wan
I gave After Glow a solid 4. I don’t know if I’ve gotten use to the writing style and the terminologies of the series but I found it more enjoyable second time around. I will definitely read the entire series after all.

In this book, I like that the trio, Emmett, Lydia and Fuzz, again, teamed up going against the bad guys and solving all the murder mysteries -- that seemed to constantly follow them around. They made such a great team. Though, IMO, Emmett still oozed power and sexuality while Lyd
Gmc
After Glow - Harmony, Bk 2 by Jayne Castle

Lydia Smith Para-archaeologist labeled as fragile after a bad burn in the tunnels, and working to build a new career, she has flickers of memory about her lost weekend. She doesn't trust hunter as she feels that hunter are the cause of her lost week end.

Emmett London who has a dangerous past of his own to overcome, have retired as Hunter Guild boss in one city is tapped for the job as temporary boss in this one.

And then there are the Greenies.
Mary
Apr 16, 2014 Mary rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Mary by: It's a Jayne Castle/ Jayne Ann Krentz
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Sequel to After Dark, it follows Lydia and Emmett's next adventure. Only this time it's not a ruin rat that dies in the first page, it's an old college professor gone drug addict. But of course, drug addict or not, with Lydia and Emmett involved, his death can't possibly be a natural one.

This book has the same sparkling humor, the same fantastical world, the same familiar but not quite sense of place. I love all her Harmony books and recommend them most highly.
Meltem Y.K
Jayne Castle’s futuristic novels set in Harmony have just the right amount of paranormal, mystery and love to keep you going from one book to the next. There are nine books in the series so far and I am pretty certain there will be more. These books are stand alones, but all relate to each other. As you read more books you come across references to the hero and heroine of another one in the series, somehow they all know each other and soon you start to feel like you know them all, too. Jayne Cas ...more
Deirdre
This is part of Jayne Castle aka Jayne Ann Krentz's Ghost Hunter series, chronologically the third in the series but as a full novel the second in the series.

This tells the continuing story of Lydia Smith, she's working for a tacky third-rate museum, Shrimpton's House of Ancient Horrors, taking on the occasional job to try to reclaim her career. Between that, dating one of the most powerful and dangerous men in the town and dead bodies turning up she has a handful of trouble.

Lydia is an intere
Donna
I often have difficulty rating books written by Castle(Krentz). I really liked the way she built the world of Harmony - the Dead City and its catacombs, dissonance energy ghosts, hunters and tanglers, etc. I especially enjoyed the personality of the dust bunny Fuzz. The pacing was good, the plot was interesting, and the writing style let the story flow. However, I never became emotionally invested in the characters. It may have been made more difficult in this book because Lydia and Emmett first ...more
Elaine Spearman
Couldn't put this book down until I finished it!

I thought the story of Emmet and Lydia was finished after the first book in the Curtain series but this one is even better and answered a lot of questions that were left hanging in the first book. If you've read the first book in the series you've got to read this one!
Dr susan
Although the majority of the books in the Harmony series seem able to stand alone, I recommend reading After Dark before After Glow since the same couple is featured in both books. After reading four books in this fantastical science fiction/romance series, I admit I am reading mostly for the dust bunnies.
Mojca
A great ending to this two-part Harmony story. The heroine wasn't as bitchy, but still stuck her nose into things she should not be sticking her nose into, the hero was even yummier than in the previous book, the mystery was intriguing, the 'suspense' gripping, but I could've done with only one climax instead of two—the kidnapping was enough of a finale for me, I didn't need that extra little hiccup of suspense. It seemed like an afterthought.

Loved the romance between Lydia and Emmett having mor
Curse of the Bibliophile
“After Glow” continues where “After Dark” left off and now Lydia is once again caught up in a murder investigation.
“After Glow” really ties up all of the loose ends from the first book and readers get to see more of Lydia and Emmett and of course the loveable dustbunnies. I really liked how this book was written. The storyline kept me just as enraptured as the first and maybe even more so with the current developments in Lydia and Emmett’s relationship.
The budding relationship between Lydia an
Heather
Again, as was my problem with the first in this series, this felt like a pale repeat. I got very frustrated with the heroine's know-it-all monologues/attitudes. For those who haven't read Ms. Kentz's Whispering Springs Series (Light In Shadow and Truth or Dare), you might find more enjoyment in this book and its predecessor than I did. If you want a better read, IMO, read that series instead of this one, though Fuzz is freaking cute!
Melodie
Aww...a sweet ending to their story. Wish it was otherwise because now I'm not sure I want to continue reading the series.

P.S. Dust bunnies!
Phil Harrison
I really wanted to like this since I like her other incarnation as Amanda Quick. I struggled to get into this series. Not going well.
Kelly Harmon
Loved lots of stuff by Jayne Krentz but this one just didn't hold my interest.
Diane ~Firefly~
The sequel to After Dark picks up right where it left off. Lydia and Emmett are dating and Lydia has just found another body. This time it is a retired professor who had wanted to speak to Lydia about her "lost weekend". Emmett's has some news himself as the head of the hunter's guild was shot and wants Emmett to temporarily take over. Emmett is worried that Lydia will have problems based on her dislike of the guild.

The book is a quick, fun read with the mystery wrapped up and a happy ending. A
Meaghan
i enjoyed this story a lot and must agree with melaniep. i want a dust bunny too! the focus of this book was more on the mystery than the romance although the romance aspect was definitely not ignored!
February Four
Kind of repetitive with regards to being a sequel, but it's nice to get some closure for Lydia's amnesia.
Jane (PS)
I am really enjoying this series - I like the way Castle interacts the characters without getting too caught up in analysis or sex. There is real feel to the relationships and a good understanding of how each of the main characters thinking throughout the books. Have just ordered the rest of the series. Now it see if I can buy Amaryllis - the first book in the alternate paranormal series that she wrote earlier...

*******
Audiobook: Narrtion by Joyce Bean
Start: 8 July 2012
End: 23 July 2012

Good narr
Mary
Better than the first one.
Annette Meier
Loved the conclusion to this story . . . could even use a 3rd installment.
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: After Glow (2004) Book 2 1 1 Sep 27, 2012 10:25AM
  • Crystal Flame (Lost Colony, #2)
  • Shield's Lady (Lost Colony, #3)
  • Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8) (Dreamlight Trilogy, #2)
  • Heart Dance (Celta's Heartmates, #6)

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant
More about Jayne Castle...
After Dark (Harmony #1) Amaryllis (St. Helen's, #1) Canyons of Night (Rainshadow, #1; Harmony, #8; Looking Glass Trilogy, #3; The Arcane Society, #12) Midnight Crystal (Harmony #7; Arcane Society #9; Dreamlight Trilogy #3) Silver Master (Harmony #4)

“When it comes to dysfunctional families," he said,"I'll put mine up against anyone's, anytime” 9 likes