Start by marking “Ancient Whispers” as Want to Read:
Ancient Whispers

Ancient Whispers

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Gabriel is the youngest member of the Priory of Callan - an ancient Celtic brotherhood of cursed sorcerers and alchemists, each with deadly abilities and each haunted by a tragic past. Tortured by the devastating loss of his fiancee in 1755, Gabriel wants nothing more than to reunite with his soul mate.

Two and a half centuries later, Gabriel is still searching for his love
Published May 25th 2010 by Love Spell (first published May 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ancient Whispers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ancient Whispers

Jamie
NOTE: This book does contain EXPLICIT CONTENT!

When I started this book I was a little bit confused as to why the prolouge started in 1755 and then the first chapter was "present day." But as I read further it all started to make perfect sense. Once all the pieces fell into place, I had a VERY hard time putting this book down! It's got a little bit of everything in there too, romance, action, uber sexy male lead, and uber sexy supporting male characters just to name a few things!

Personally, I thi
Bob Mayer
A mixture of romance, suspense fantasy that's hard to pull off. Bourque did a great job, especially for a debut novel. I recommend it for all those interested in these types of books.
Peace Love and Reviews
It all started year 1755 in a small village in France. Gabriel and Evangeline were to get married but it was attacked by foreign soldiers separating the two. Heartbroken and physically tortured Gabriel has turned to something that will guarantee a reunion with his beloved Evangeline...

A wait for two and a half century later, his beloved Evangeline was reincarnated as Lily, a modern woman. A woman he rescued from harm in the woods. That same night they had unbelievably hot tryst. Lily kept thinki
Yvonne Boag
Gabriel and Evangeline were about to be married in 1755 when their village was attacked and they were separated. Gabriel gets told by a mysterious man on the boat that he will see her again. In hope of this he joins the Priory of Callan where he is made an immortal. Flash forward to present day. He meets Lily who is Evangeline reincarnated and it is love (or at least lust) at first sight. Lily has to discover who Gabrielle really is and who she is before they can get their happy ending.

Ok the pr
jD
This book never lived up to its potential. Pacing was a major problem along with the lack of development of the backstory. For example, Gabriel, the hero, becomes the Warrior King out of the blue in the final batter. That is not a *spoiler* because you will have no idea what it means even after reading. Keira was a likable heroine but much of her development as a Priestess is rushed and the details for the most part of not narrated. Her relationship with Morag changes from one of fear to love an ...more
Yami
Gabriel is the youngest member of the Priory of Callan-an ancient Celtic brotherhood of cursed sorcerers and alchemists, each with deadly abilities and each haunted by a tragic past. Tortured by the devastating loss of his fiancee in 1755, Gabriel wants nothing more than to reunite with his soul mate.

Two and a half centuries later, Gabriel is still searchin for his love. And then he finds Lily Bellefontaine. Coolheaded and practical, she has no memory of Gabriel. But she also can't deny the pul
Jamie - Nitty Gritty Reviews
NOTE: This book does contain EXPLICIT content, so it should only be read by adults!

When I started this book I was a little bit confused as to why the prologue started in 1755 and then the first chapter was "present day." But as I read further it all started to make perfect sense. Once all the pieces fell into place, I had a VERY hard time putting this book down! It's got a little bit of everything in there too, romance, action, uber sexy male lead, and uber sexy supporting male characters just t
Diana Leigh
In 1755, Evangeline and Gabriel are separated when British troops attack their village in Acadie. Their people are deported to the lower British colonies and Louisiana, and in the chaos the two young lovers lose each other. Gabriel spends many years searching for Evangeline, only to find her after her death. Grief stricken over the loss of his fiancee, Gabriel becomes a member of the Priory of Callan, a brotherhood of immortal Celtic sorcerers controlled by a powerful priestess named Morag. Mora ...more
Trudy Powders
Young lovers are torn apart in the year 1755.One becomes immortal,one lives a natural life and dies only to be reborn centurys later.Gabriel searches for centurys to find his beloved Evangeline.Finally he finds her in nurse Lily Bellfontaine,Lily doesnt remember Gabe until strange persons enter her life and strange things begin to happen.Gabe and Lily must search their feelings and act on them or forever be lost to each other.Evil threatens all they hold dear.Celtic themes,Sorcerers,alchemists.. ...more
Stacie
Jul 19, 2010 Stacie added it
Pretty good book with something different to offer. It is the story of Gabriel and Evangeline. However this book calls her Lily as she is the reincarnation of Evangeline. Gabriel has been searching for her all these years and even joined the Priory of Callan to help find her. Gabriel has become a sorcerer and is now immortal. But Lily has no memory of Gabriel and is a very modern woman with a life of her own.
Andrea
I don't like to review books when I don't finish them but I honestly couldn't get into this book. I feel that maybe if I had kept reading a little longer that maybe I would have gotten drawn in but I tried several times and found myself putting the book down.
Debbie Robson
Jul 24, 2012 Debbie Robson marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Ashley
Won from goodreads. I really wanted to like this book but I just couldnt get in to it. I felt like It was missing somthing the whole time.
Deb
WOW... Where to begin witht his one. What an amazing debute book... We can only hope that there is more the come..
Michelle
Aug 16, 2010 Michelle added it
Shelves: romance
Love transcends many lifetimes. Especially with your soulmate that becomes a sorcerer to wait for you.
Fiendishly Bookish
Review Coming tonight!
Jaymie
Jaymie marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Sherry
Sherry added it
Jul 25, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Dani Freeman
Dani Freeman marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Alessa Denison
Alessa Denison marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Sinaiveliz
Sinaiveliz marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Elizabeth Bittner
Elizabeth Bittner marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Tanya Soderholm
Tanya Soderholm marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Ravana McPherson
Ravana McPherson marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Beatrice
Beatrice marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Alice Lindau
Alice Lindau marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Talk Dirty to Me  (Dirty Laundry, #2)
  • Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Haunting Warrior (Mists of Ireland, #2)
  • Shadow of the Vampire
  • My Love Eternal
  • Dream of Me
  • Oriana's Eyes (Great Oak Trilogy, #1)
  • A Dead Man's Debt
  • Miles and the Magic Flute
  • Desire Me (The Legend Hunters, #2)
  • Sorceress
  • Arson (Arson, #1)
  • Sex and the Single Earl (Stantons, #2)
  • Song of the Moon (Artemis Lupine, #1)
  • The Girls with Games of Blood
  • Hundreds of Years to Reform a Rake
  • Fledgling (Coiree Guardians, #1)
  • Valantinus: Blood Brothers
Marie-Claude is an author of gothic paranormal romance, and the winner of the American Title V contest.

A French Canadian, she is a former climate research scientist (BS Physics, PhD Oceanography) and scientific translator (French-English). She has also spent over 15 years in the fitness industry as an instructor, trainer and health club director.

After many moves through Europe and North America,
More about Marie-Claude Bourque...

“Make love to me, sorcerer. Show me your powers.” 2 likes