The Master Key System
read book

The Master Key System

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  1,713 ratings  ·  81 reviews
The Master Key is here given to the world as a means of tapping the great Cosmic Intelligence and attracting from it that which corresponds to the ambitions, and aspirations of each reader.

The Master Key teaching has been published in the form of a Correspondence Course of 24 lessons, delivered to students one per week for 24 weeks. The reader, who now receives the whole...more
Published November 1st 2006 by Filiquarian Publishing, LLC. (first published June 1st 1912)

Kerri Thomas
This book, together with Eckhart Tolle's 'The Power of Now', has really made me feel as though I now have a complete understanding of where I fit in the grand scheme of things and how I can best live a happy life. That's one hell of a statement to make! And it's not to say that I will be terribly successful at so living, but these two authors have given me the knowledge needed; it's up to me to now put it into practice.
Charles F Haanel, writing in the early 1900s, was so utterly convinced of his...more
Michelle
I think a lot of New Thought followers need to be honest with themselves and admit that this book is not that hot. I've tried to get through this one at three different points in my life. Sure, it's a "classic," but it's full of repetitive lists. It doesn't offer any tangible modes of action, and drones on - and ON - I say this aside from the antiquated language and the fact that it's supposed to be read in a chapter-per-week format. I wonder how many people feel obligated to finish because of i...more
Sonja Lewis
It is not advised to read The Master Key in four days or less but if time is all you have, then why not, with the intention of underlining and highlighting and revisiting time and again.

An intriguing read, this book gets the reader thinking, which is the point actually. The author offers 24 in-depth lessons on how to create one's world within. The idea is that we are responsible with our thoughts for creating the world without. With understanding and knowledge of this 'truth' we are masters of...more
Desiree Finkbeiner
"Realize that we are not a body with a spirit, but a spirit with a body."
I've read over a hundred books and many articles on the subject of mental/spiritual sciences, and this has to be one of the most complete discourses, touching on virtually every aspect of thought-creation and workings of the Law of Attraction. Haanel outlines some very helpful and detailed exercises to help the student craft their own personal-power to live an intentional life. The heavily guarded secrets of the initiated...more
Mike
I came to this book after reading 'The Secret'. The best way I can describe this book is to say that 'The Secret' could serve as a back-flap summary of its contents. The profound concepts introduced in 'The Secret' are defined, explored, and put into action in this book (even though it was written much, much earlier). The workings of the mind are simply amazing and the messages of this book are timeless.
Lisa V.
Nov 20, 2007 Lisa V. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in exploring the their own Truth
I began reading this book this summer, for it is referenced many times in "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. Now, some people may thing The Secret is a lot of hooey (especially because, due to its popularity, it has been the subject of much scrutiny and criticism) - but that's okay, the Truth is the Truth regardless of what "other people" think or the source where you find it.

Charles Haanel's Master Key System is actually a series of 24 weekly lessons that will teach you - through the power of though...more
Louise
Written in 1912, this book was a little difficult to get into. The language and style of writing is antiquated, it's written from the perspective of a male dominated world, and at first glance it seems choppy and repetitive. But keep reading. By the middle of the book, I was hooked. This appears to be one of the first "self-help" books published. Its advice is simple, honest and progressive taking into account the era it was written. Haanel's wisdom is still useful today. And I must admit, by th...more
Michael
In a nutshell: What you think trickles into your subconscious and will manifest itself in your life be it good or bad, so one needs to be careful of what thoughts they entertain. It's a bit difficult reading the first couple of chapters, but once you get into his writing style it's much easier reading. I don't agree with some of his theology, but I do agree with the power of intent, focus, concentration, and thought.
Cara
I'm amazed that very few people have managed to figure out the way life works throughout history but Charles Haanel really gets more than most. His breakdown of how to meditate, breath slowly and focus while channeling your energy into positive frequencies and brain waves....It's a book self keeper!
Brandon Clay
This book was originally written as a correspondence course (remember those?) back in 1912. It predates some of the more commonly known success titles, such as Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and the more contemporary success standard, Unlimited Power by Anthony Robbins.

This book is on par with any book on the topic of achievement I have ever read. In fact, it has become my "go to" book when I need a jump start of inspiration (along with the Bible).

What I like about the way Charles Haanel d...more
Kadena
This book requires careful study and analysis. You will learn how to release all fear and stand in your power as a child of God. If you read it two or three times, you will uncover numerous tols for overcoming adversity and achieving success in every area of your life.
Lillie Oliver
Excellent!

I recommend this course for anyone and everyone looking to make changes in their life by way of positive thinking and/or the laws of attraction.

Free e-Book
Lauraley Dilgard
I was so involved with this book I actually read it as I went for my daily morning walks. Positive thinking when applied it works! I found a $20.00 bill while reading about how to make money, lol.
Karla
24 lessons to understand the power of our mind, after read this book you can visualize exactly what do you want in your life and create the positive frecuence to achievement.
Melanie
This book is amazing. It really challenges the way that I think about life and myself. It also has a workbook that goes with it. I recommend it highly.
Heather Larcombe
Not a bad entry in the "your thoughts rule the universe" category, although it couldn't seem to decide whether or not to be spiritual or scientific. Just once I'd like to read/listen to one of these that does not bring up the double slit experiment. Positing that human observation is important to the results just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the science that makes it impossible to observe the experiment *without* disturbing the results. If you're working with sub-atomic parti...more
Cordell
I read this when I was young and my life has never been the same since.
John Winston
This book was kind of drawn out. Distilled down, it's all about focus and the power of the mind. "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne was constructed on books like this and "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace Wattles. Reading it and following its principles/system may yield success for you. I have followed its principles to the T for over a year now and have seen success. That being said, a certain amount of faith is required to continue any path you choose...as it is with religious dogmas.

One thi...more
mark
THE MASTER KEY SYSTEM

If you are reading this review, it is likely that you are familiar with The Law of Attraction. This is its initial book, written in 1912 by Charles F. Haanel. I am a proponent—a believer. A couple caveats: The book is written in archaic language and style, which can be hard to understand at times. And, that being one, there are other ironies as well. And lastly, my ultimate question remains unanswered. Nevertheless, FIVE STARS. This book is amazing!

The basic premise of this...more
Setiaji Ajitekom
This book explains step by step how we can align our desires with the laws of the universe are fixed and never misses so that all of our desires can be fulfilled in real
Melody Brooke
This book is a step by step system to incorporate all the basics of positive thinking. Its the grandfather of the entire process that he started years before "The Secret" was imagined. It actually is the secret.
Vivek Rajan Vivek
This is an old school book that was famous prior to WWII and then disappeared only to resurface in the next century.

Each chapter is followed by an exercise which most in this day and age will find hard to do, not because the exercises are hard, but the mind set has changed too much for better or worse.

The first exercise is to sit still for a few minutes and continue doing this in an effort to control the mind. How many of us can do this all thought the underlying message is very important.

I've r...more
Jules
Amazing, amazing, amazing. Though I've been working with LOA for five years, and have read a lot on the subject, this book presented the material from a different perspective that I found very helpful. I know I'll be re-reading this one as its now on my 'Ah Ha Moment' shelf. Highly recommended. Takes the airy fairy out of LOA and presents it very logically, almost scientifically. I don't even mind the airy fairy, but this book is pure genius. An excellent starter book for anyone who wants to und...more
Andy Nieradko
I think this might be the most important book I've ever read. One of the first books to ever speak about law of attraction. The film, and book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne utilize (and credit) this masterful work. It was written in 1912, originally as a correspondence course in 24 parts. As you can imagine, it's 100 years old so the language is a bit off the beaten path for most of us, but I highly recommend reading it, and also listening to the different audiobook versions. The written version is...more
C.H.E. Sadaphal
I found the book intriguing for the subject matter it presents, even thought I do not agree with its principles. A popular texts among the Masons, this book guides the reader to first establish a sense of peace within and then vaguely guides you to a higher level of understanding among a universal or collective consciousness. It's the usual blueprint among all secret societies: striving for a "secret" knowledge that only a select few have the privilege to attain.
Eddie
This is an old classic with a new, updated cover, but the content of this book is intense. I loved reading it and recommend it to anyone interested in the Law of Attraction. It's easy-to-understand and very effective for those who will actually use the suggestions in this book. Review submitted by Eddie Coronado, author of the Amazon.com book titled Manifest Your Millions: A Lottery Winner Shares his Law of Attraction Secrets
Brandonbianchi
This book is basicaly a step by step guide to mastering your thoughts and mind for the purpose of attaining what ever you might want. It was origionally published in 1912 and was one of many of the books that were referenced in the writing of The Secret.

Amazing book... I have worked through several of the chapters which take you through different meditation excersizes and I feel that it is pretty powerful stuff.
Jay
One of the source materials for Rhonda Byrne's The Secret, this is one of the historical references that identifies the Law Of Attraction by name. First published in 1912, it is a difficult read by today's standards because of language and format.

Set up as 24 weekly lessons complete with exercises, I found the exercises interesting but struggled dealing with the presentation format.
Robert Wetsel
If I could recommend just one book to anyone, this would be it. Become a master of your world within.

"35. A majority of mankind lives in the world without; few have found the world within, and yet it is the world within that makes the world without; it is therefore creative and everything which you find in your world without has been created by you in the world within."
Sean
A good practical approach to 'The Secret' (was written well before 'the secret' came out). It has a ton of mind and meditation exercises. The message was very positive. It teaches you how to focus your energies and basically get anything you desire in life. "I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, happy, harmonise" and gosh darn it, people like me.
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • The Science of Mind
  • The Game of Life and How to Play It (Prosperity Classic)
  • Law of Success: The 21st-Century Edition
  • You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover And Develop Those Riches
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • Law of Attraction: The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don't
  • The Secret Gratitude Book
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • The Magic of Believing
  • You'll See It When You Believe It: The Way to Your Personal Transformation
  • Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
  • Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams
  • New Psycho-Cybernetics
  • Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams
20371
Charles Francis Haanel was a noted American New Thought author and a businessman. He is best known for his contributions to the New Thought Movement through his book The Master Key System.

Hannel's book The Master Key System, was published in 1912, when he was 46 years old. It is written in the form of a course in New Thought, mental development, financial success, and personal health. The book was...more
More about Charles F. Haanel...
The Amazing Secrets of the Yogi The Complete Master Key System (Now Including 28 Chapters) Mental Chemistry: For Every Problem, There Is a Solution. for Every Person, There Is a Meaning. for Every Success, There Is a Formula The Master Key System (Illustrated) The Master Key System and The Science of Getting Rich

“You can not entertain weak, harmful, negative thoughts ten hours a day and expect to bring about beautiful, strong and harmonious conditions by ten minutes of strong, positive, creative thought.” 17 likes
“Whatever you desire for yourself, affirm it for others, and it will help you both. We reap what we sow. If we send out thoughts of love and health, they return to us like bread cast upon the waters; but if we send out thoughts of fear, worry, jealousy, anger, hate, etc., we will reap the results in our own lives.” 11 likes