Start by marking “The Master Key System” as Want to Read:
The Master Key System

Read Book

The Master Key System

4.21  ·  Rating Details ·  3,649 Ratings  ·  119 Reviews
The Master Key is here given to the world as a means of tapping the great Cosmic Intelligence and attracting from it that which corresponds to the ambitions, and aspirations of each reader.

The Master Key teaching has been published in the form of a Correspondence Course of 24 lessons, delivered to students one per week for 24 weeks. The reader, who now receives the whole
Published November 1st 2006 by Filiquarian Publishing, LLC. (first published 1912)

To ask other readers questions about The Master Key System, please sign up.

Calico Jack First, how is being silent on one point a "conflict?"

First, how is being silent on one point a "conflict?"

Second, the bible does not place Jesus as the son of god and part of a triune. That is one, recent interpretation by the Roman Catholic Church.
There are religions whose sacred text is the bible,
and they do not believe Jesus was the son of god (and neither did Jesus).
They also don't believe in the doctrine of the Holy Trinity (which was invented by a committee of politicians hundreds of years after Jesus died).

You can argue that Jesus was part of a "triune" god, but Jesus never made that clear. Jesus never wrote anything down, and he never said that a bible should be written. All of that came (many decades) after he died.(less)

Kerri Thomas
Oct 05, 2010 Kerri Thomas rated it really liked it
This book, together with Eckhart Tolle's 'The Power of Now', has really made me feel as though I now have a complete understanding of where I fit in the grand scheme of things and how I can best live a happy life. That's one hell of a statement to make! And it's not to say that I will be terribly successful at so living, but these two authors have given me the knowledge needed; it's up to me to now put it into practice.
Charles F Haanel, writing in the early 1900s, was so utterly convinced of his
Desiree Finkbeiner
Aug 18, 2013 Desiree Finkbeiner rated it it was amazing
"Realize that we are not a body with a spirit, but a spirit with a body."
I've read over a hundred books and many articles on the subject of mental/spiritual sciences, and this has to be one of the most complete discourses, touching on virtually every aspect of thought-creation and workings of the Law of Attraction. Haanel outlines some very helpful and detailed exercises to help the student craft their own personal-power to live an intentional life. The heavily guarded secrets of the initiated
Sonja Lewis
Jul 23, 2011 Sonja Lewis rated it it was amazing
It is not advised to read The Master Key in four days or less but if time is all you have, then why not, with the intention of underlining and highlighting and revisiting time and again.

An intriguing read, this book gets the reader thinking, which is the point actually. The author offers 24 in-depth lessons on how to create one's world within. The idea is that we are responsible with our thoughts for creating the world without. With understanding and knowledge of this 'truth' we are masters of
Michelle
Nov 10, 2010 Michelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
I think a lot of New Thought followers need to be honest with themselves and admit that this book is not that hot. I've tried to get through this one at three different points in my life. Sure, it's a "classic," but it's full of repetitive lists. It doesn't offer any tangible modes of action, and drones on - and ON - I say this aside from the antiquated language and the fact that it's supposed to be read in a chapter-per-week format. I wonder how many people feel obligated to finish because of i ...more
Louise
Mar 10, 2011 Louise rated it really liked it
Written in 1912, this book was a little difficult to get into. The language and style of writing is antiquated, it's written from the perspective of a male dominated world, and at first glance it seems choppy and repetitive. But keep reading. By the middle of the book, I was hooked. This appears to be one of the first "self-help" books published. Its advice is simple, honest and progressive taking into account the era it was written. Haanel's wisdom is still useful today. And I must admit, by th ...more
Mike
Jan 16, 2009 Mike rated it it was amazing
I came to this book after reading 'The Secret'. The best way I can describe this book is to say that 'The Secret' could serve as a back-flap summary of its contents. The profound concepts introduced in 'The Secret' are defined, explored, and put into action in this book (even though it was written much, much earlier). The workings of the mind are simply amazing and the messages of this book are timeless.
❁ بــدريــه ❁
إنك لا تحتاج إلى الحصول على أي سلطات جديدة، فإنها موجودة لديك أصلا ولكن يجب عليك فهمها، يجب عليك استخدامها، وان تملأ نفسك بها لكي تمضي قبلا وتحمل العالم من أمامك ❤ ...more
Lisa V.
Nov 20, 2007 Lisa V. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in exploring the their own Truth
I began reading this book this summer, for it is referenced many times in "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne. Now, some people may thing The Secret is a lot of hooey (especially because, due to its popularity, it has been the subject of much scrutiny and criticism) - but that's okay, the Truth is the Truth regardless of what "other people" think or the source where you find it.

Charles Haanel's Master Key System is actually a series of 24 weekly lessons that will teach you - through the power of though
Michael
Mar 23, 2009 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
In a nutshell: What you think trickles into your subconscious and will manifest itself in your life be it good or bad, so one needs to be careful of what thoughts they entertain. It's a bit difficult reading the first couple of chapters, but once you get into his writing style it's much easier reading. I don't agree with some of his theology, but I do agree with the power of intent, focus, concentration, and thought.
Melanie
Oct 09, 2007 Melanie rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. It really challenges the way that I think about life and myself. It also has a workbook that goes with it. I recommend it highly.
Jay
Sep 11, 2009 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the source materials for Rhonda Byrne's The Secret, this is one of the historical references that identifies the Law Of Attraction by name. First published in 1912, it is a difficult read by today's standards because of language and format.

Set up as 24 weekly lessons complete with exercises, I found the exercises interesting but struggled dealing with the presentation format.
Robert Wetsel
May 15, 2013 Robert Wetsel rated it it was amazing
If I could recommend just one book to anyone, this would be it. Become a master of your world within.

"35. A majority of mankind lives in the world without; few have found the world within, and yet it is the world within that makes the world without; it is therefore creative and everything which you find in your world without has been created by you in the world within."
Lillie Oliver
May 07, 2009 Lillie Oliver rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

I recommend this course for anyone and everyone looking to make changes in their life by way of positive thinking and/or the laws of attraction.

Free e-Book
Kadena
Jan 26, 2008 Kadena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
This book requires careful study and analysis. You will learn how to release all fear and stand in your power as a child of God. If you read it two or three times, you will uncover numerous tols for overcoming adversity and achieving success in every area of your life.
Sachin Sparker
Feb 03, 2015 Sachin Sparker rated it it was amazing
If you want true Metaphysics and understand the Laws of universe , This is for you.
really amazing book and by this I got deep understanding of working of universe.
Thanks to Hannel.
Mario M
Oct 10, 2015 Mario M rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
Excellent book that influenced so many that came after it. Written in 1912, it is way ahead of its time.
Cordell
Jul 16, 2013 Cordell rated it it was amazing
I read this when I was young and my life has never been the same since.
Kara Lane
Aug 20, 2014 Kara Lane rated it really liked it
Back in 1912, long before "The Secret" movie came out, Charles Hannel explained the Law of Attraction. He shows us that mental power is creative power, and that what we think about is what we attract into our life. He makes the point that the world within is the cause, and the world without is the effect.

In The Master Key, he provides 24 lessons all related to the power of thought. The lessons cover such topics as:
- the proper use of the subconscious mind
- the power of nonresistant thought
- the
Sylvan Clarke
Dec 30, 2014 Sylvan Clarke rated it liked it
The power of the mind is a wonderful thing, science has and will continue to try and understand the balance between controlled action and acts that come about by other means i.e. spirituality etc. This book contains a hypnotic learning strategy which allows you to check your understanding of lessons learned, which to me, can only be a good thing. Although I thought it was a little too long in parts I often wondered if it was trying to reach out to scholar types as it appears to be written in the ...more
Cara
Jun 24, 2011 Cara rated it it was amazing
I'm amazed that very few people have managed to figure out the way life works throughout history but Charles Haanel really gets more than most. His breakdown of how to meditate, breath slowly and focus while channeling your energy into positive frequencies and brain waves....It's a book self keeper!
Rachel
Jan 08, 2016 Rachel added it
Dnf @ 31%!! This book was so intense, so in depth that it totally went over my head. I had no idea what it was meaning. Therefore I became bored and not interested. Don't really like to start a book and not finish it but omg I think you would need a degree to understand what the book is actually talking about. Wasting my evening, when I could be reading something a lot more captivating!
Karla
May 02, 2008 Karla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: consejos
24 lessons to understand the power of our mind, after read this book you can visualize exactly what do you want in your life and create the positive frecuence to achievement.
Count-daniel Fogarty
Sep 22, 2015 Count-daniel Fogarty rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have ever read and it allowed me to learn about and utilise many of the hidden laws in the universe around me...
Lauraley Dilgard
I was so involved with this book I actually read it as I went for my daily morning walks. Positive thinking when applied it works! I found a $20.00 bill while reading about how to make money, lol.
Hana
the book "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy is still the best for me
Réal Laplaine
Dec 27, 2016 Réal Laplaine rated it it was amazing
The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel was originally published in 1912, over a century ago. One would think that the material in it has been superseded by more contemporary stuff, but to conclude such would be an error of magnitude. The Master Key System is a brilliant presentation about life, the power of positive and creative thinking, and moreover, and possibly most importantly, that with training and discipline, ANYONE can control their circumstances and make their dreams come true. We' ...more
Wendy Teo
Jan 26, 2017 Wendy Teo rated it it was amazing
This book changed my life. Period
D.S. Luca
Aug 18, 2016 D.S. Luca rated it it was amazing
This book is the ultimate manifesto on the topic of self-improvement. It explains the core principles that govern our world while also providing the framework on how to leverage these principles to better our lives.
The Master Key System was the brainchild of Charles Haanel, a prolific writer and successful entrepreneur. It was originally published as a 24-week correspondence course back in 1912. For this reason, the format is a little different than most. After a quick introduction, the materia
mark
THE MASTER KEY SYSTEM

If you are reading this review, it is likely that you are familiar with The Law of Attraction. This is its initial book, written in 1912 by Charles F. Haanel. I am a proponent—a believer. A couple caveats: The book is written in archaic language and style, which can be hard to understand at times. And, that being one, there are other ironies as well. And lastly, my ultimate question remains unanswered. Nevertheless, FIVE STARS. This book is amazing!

The basic premise of this
Doug Kenya
brilliant! you are one step away from your destiny! after reading this book, i started dreaming again and not only dreaming, i started acting!
  • The Secret of the Ages
  • The Laws of Thinking: 20 Secrets to Using the Divine Power of Your Mind to Manifest Prosperity
  • The Science of Mind
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • Your Invisible Power: A Presentation of the Mental Science of Thomas Troward
  • The Game of Life and How to Play It
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover And Develop Those Riches
  • A Philosopher's Notes: On Optimal Living, Creating an Authentically Awesome Life and Other Such Goodness, Vol. 1
  • Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams
  • The Magic of Believing
  • Thoughts Are Things
  • Pushing to the Front or Success Under Difficulties
20371
Charles Francis Haanel was a noted American New Thought author and a businessman. He is best known for his contributions to the New Thought Movement through his book The Master Key System.

Hannel's book The Master Key System, was published in 1912, when he was 46 years old. It is written in the form of a course in New Thought, mental development, financial success, and personal health. The book was
More about Charles F. Haanel...

“You can not entertain weak, harmful, negative thoughts ten hours a day and expect to bring about beautiful, strong and harmonious conditions by ten minutes of strong, positive, creative thought.” 26 likes
“Whatever you desire for yourself, affirm it for others, and it will help you both. We reap what we sow. If we send out thoughts of love and health, they return to us like bread cast upon the waters; but if we send out thoughts of fear, worry, jealousy, anger, hate, etc., we will reap the results in our own lives.” 17 likes