Start by marking “100 Ways to Simplify Your Life” as Want to Read:
100 Ways to Simplify Your Life

100 Ways to Simplify Your Life

Joyce Meyer is one busy lady. Apart from the normal demands of life, she teaches daily on TV and radio, writes books, holds conferences in dozens of cities every year and ministers around the world...and she runs JoyceMeyerMinistries. So she's had to learn how to make the most of every minute of the day! In 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life, Joyce shares the most effective se ...more
Published November 12th 2008 by FaithWords (first published July 2007)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life

Donna
Dec 07, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I read my first book by this author over the summer and was pleasantly surprised that I liked it as much as I did. I have a friend who does not like this author, but I liked this mostly because of the scripture quotes. I thought the author did a great job with using scriptural references along with common sense and Christian living. all throughout this book.

There was some repetition in this, but it didn't bother me. I think I am currently at a place in my life where I found this useful and enco
Stephanie
Jul 17, 2013 Stephanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Part of the reason I didn't like the book way my fault. I did not realize that this was a christian book. I few of the suggestions were ok but the readers voice was very annoying. I could not finish the book.

Please do not read this book unless you are a devout christian.
Mary
Apr 07, 2010 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I didn't get a ton from this. There were some things that I learned, but in general, I'd say I tolerated this book more than I enjoyed it. I don't know why I kept listening to it, when it annoyed me so much. Not that the tips are bad, they aren't. It just didn't wind up being what I thought it might be. I found the narrator's voice and mispronunciations annoying, there were times where it felt like a string of bible citations. I expected some of that, but there were places where it was excessive ...more
Angela
Mar 06, 2009 Angela is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Tip #5: Don't Worry About Tomorrow. Keeping that in mind has helped me immensely so far. Great for the work-a-holic. Of which I am not. Still, I am halfway through, and its nice to read a tip or two a day to keep yourself focused. Especially when you wake up feeling stressed.
Clare Khan
I did not think this was one of Joyce's better books. I felt compelled to read it even though the title itself is quite daunting! "100 ways" does not make me immediately think "simple"! I found a lot of it unnecessarily repetitive, but I did gain some valuable insight all the same.
Anna
May 16, 2010 Anna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm usually a total sucker for the self-help simplify and organize books. But this author bored me, annoyed me, and wanted me to love Jesus too much. I'm all for loving Jesus, but quoting bible versus won't get my pantry organized.
Susan
Jan 26, 2012 Susan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too many scripture quotes
Marjorie
Apr 17, 2008 Marjorie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
Okay, you should be able to tell from the title, that if you have to have 100 ways, this is not going to be very simple!!! Funny. Actually, the content is not bad, she has some good suggestions, but she honestly could have done it in 25, because many are just different ways of saying the same thing. So scan it, and consolidate it for the key points (simplify, if you will), and take those 25 points to heart.
Amy
Apr 22, 2015 Amy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Meh. I had just finished reading a devotional book that was wonderful, and this one was a complete letdown. The tips were too short to provide any sort of value. It just felt like a superficial listing that didn't have any added insight.
Feb 13, 2010 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did not really like this book too much. There are some good quotes and points made but I found the format rather choppy and had the distinct impression that she rushed through writing this to meet a deadline. Not bad but not great either I thought.
Becky
Jan 02, 2009 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 999-challenge
First of all, Joyce Meyer is a Christian writer. I'm familiar with other books of hers, but I hadn't enjoyed any via audiobook. This book is read by Sandra McCollom who is Joyce's youngest daughter. She is a Christian stay at home mom to twin girls and did a wonderful job with this book. I enjoyed her passion in the reading as well as her voice and cadence.

100 Ways to Simplify Your Life begins with #1, moving all the way through #100. Each of the Ways are their own section in the audio, so it's
Wendi
Nov 18, 2008 Wendi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was impressed with Joyce Meyer's list, and as much as I'd love to do them all right away (or at least most of them), some of them require me to really think and re-program my thought process. Some of my more favored items from the list are: #1 Do One Thing at a Time, #6 Let Go of What Lies Behind You, #7 Learn How to Say No, #18 Establish Boundaries, #69 Be Realistic in Your Expectations, #87 Beware of Distractions, etc. I could go on and on. Many of the items on the list apply to me in one wa ...more
Marta hoelscher
By Joyce Meyer (author) and Sandra McCollum (reader)

Audio CD
Publisher: Hachette Audio; Unabridged edition (November 12, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1600241786
ISBN-13: 978-1600241789

I've always like Joyce Meyer because of her down to earth common sense. This audio book from her is no exception. I don't think any of the advice she gives is either earth shattering or new. She takes very down to earth advice and pairs it with a scriptural basis for it. Joyce reminds readers of God's instruction t
Becca Moss
"Forgiveness doesnt make the other person right; it makes you free."

James 1: 19

"We can judge the sin but not the person."
I don't agree with that ^ statement. We can disagree with the sin but we should still love the person no matter their actions. God said to love one another, NOT, love one another but only when they are sinning the same as you. Just my own opinion.

"Your spouse doesn't put the dishes away like you would. Does that really matter? The dishes are getting put away either way."
G
Shevonne
Aug 06, 2013 Shevonne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone needing a bit of guidance in his/her life
The first time I read this book, I had no idea who Joyce Meyer was so I was a bit taken aback by all the religious references. After hitting rock bottom last year, I started going back to church. This is when I found out who she was, and I really liked her inspirational messages. I had given the book away, so I was happy to see that my library had the audiobook.

This is going to sound mean, but the reader had an annoying voice. I tried not to pay attention while listening to what was important...
Lynn
Nov 13, 2010 Lynn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is very religious, it begins with a bible verse and the number of the way to simplify your life. Many are things you know you should do, some of things that you probably will never to, and
the rest fall in between. Some of the ideas made me think about how I go about life. This was more
of a list with explanations, than a book you would sit down and read. Maybe it would be better off
as a religious calendar.
Karen
Aug 18, 2009 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. For me, it isn't a read it through and have it done book. I use it one day at a time taking breaks when I want to . I have been inspired and reminded what my real values are. That's the heart of simplifying. I try to take one step, then work on another. It's all good.

I am still using this one. There is so much in it that it is never done. Wonderful book. Highly recommended.
Christina Joyner
I love Joyce Meyer! She is my kind of women! I catch myself seeing similarities in how I used to feel in the past and sometimes present times. She really zones in to what's really happening and making me aware of how I need to think or do when situations arise. I love how she puts scriptures into everyday situations. She has helped me so much on my journey with God! I highly recommend her books!
Samantha Nowatzke
Sep 01, 2014 Samantha Nowatzke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joyce Meyer is truthful and to the point. This is an easy read that compiles the little things we can do to simplify our lives and increase our joy. I read it in one sitting over a couple of hours and would recommend to anyone looking for a Christian based read that doesn't want to dive in to deep but would just like a quick reminder of some things you can do to simplify your life.
Teresa
Apr 16, 2010 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read as a book club book with friends from church during Lent. Chapters were quick reads and just enough info to get me thinking. I go back and reread certain chapters when I need reinforcement. There is some repetition and contradictions but our group decided it was because some of us were taking the info to literal.
Ashley Macmillan-cardy
I love Joyce Meyer. She always has such great - and doable- ideas. Her faith is inspirational, and even though I wouldn't call myself religious, I truly enjoy her books. I have read a few, and they are so uplifting. This book has fantastic ways to simplify your life. Some you don't even realize you may be doing. I definitely recommend this book. It is already making a positive change in my life.
Anna
this book was exactly what i needed when i found it at my library. i was actually introduced to the author awhile back thru my dad, but connected more to this book, then the one he read: battlefield of the mind. this book is exactly what you think it is: 100 tips on simplifying your life, but it ties everything into the bible. super helpful for me.
Molly Giddens
Mar 20, 2010 Molly Giddens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love that this book is broken up into very small sections. Joyce gives her 100 ways in short one to two-page chapters. I liked that I could just read a few at a time to really think about the choices I make. I think that's why it took me so long to read! Great, practical ways to make our lives more simple and spiritual.
Emily Thayer
Aug 04, 2009 Emily Thayer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-2010-library
Simple ways to simplify your life!! I love Joyce Meyer's 'GET OVER IT' and 'GET REAL' attitude!! Life is too short and we need to be real to ourselves and who we are. God has a purpose for each of our lives.
Elise
Jul 26, 2012 Elise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The content in this book is solid and true. I didn't find it very helpful simply because I knew most of these things from life experience. Everyone's journey is different, though, so this could be completely life changing if read at the right time.
D
May 28, 2012 D rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a lot of good stuff in this book. I love Joyce Meyer's practical Christianity. She gives scriptures to go along with each idea she presents, as well as real-life examples. This was a quick and easy read well worth the time I spent with it.
Lisa
Jun 06, 2015 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the content of the book-- everything was beneficial. I only knocked down my rating because many of the 100 ways seemed to overlap, like she was stretching to make the 100. But I always love Joyce's down-to-earth practicality and the helpfulness of her teachings!
JEROLYN GOODMAN
Aug 10, 2014 JEROLYN GOODMAN rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Positive thinking is wrapped up in the 100 chapters of this book!

One chapter per day builds wisdom to live more effortlessly. I loved reading every word of this book.
JEROLYN GOODMAN

Heather
Dec 24, 2008 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love little self help books full of ideas on how to simplify your life. I really enjoyed the 2 pages on "living with margin" which means leave room in your schedule to unwind between each of your events. I am guilty of not doing that and it really makes sense!

Great quick read
Anthony
Most of the book is common sense, however some of the things she writes can provide clarity on what one already knows or beleives. Some of the steps did force me to examing my faith/spirtual life more thoroughly, but I wouldn't say the book was either cathartic or epiphantic.
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • God's Power to Change Your Life
  • You Are Made for More!: How to Become All You Were Created to Be
  • How to Avoid the 10 Mistakes Single Women Make
  • The Book of Romance: What Solomon Says about Love, Sex and Intimacy
  • The Holy Spirit, Your Financial Advisor: God's Plan for Debt-Free Money Management
  • Experiencing the Heart of Jesus: Knowing His Heart, Feeling His Love
  • Better Than My Dreams: Finding What You Long For Where You Might Not Think to Look
  • Confidence: Finding It and Living It
  • Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now: 90 Devotions for Living at Your Full Potential
  • Let Prayer Change Your Life
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • Life Management for Busy Women: Living Out God's Plan with Passion & Purpose
  • When God Weeps: Why Our Sufferings Matter to the Almighty
  • Love Well: Living Life Unrehearsed and Unstuck
  • Your Secret Name: Discovering Who God Created You to Be
  • Spirit Controlled Woman
  • God Loves You: He Always Has--He Always Will
Joyce Meyer is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. Her more than 100 books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through faith in Christ. Bestsellers include Living Beyond Your Feelings; Power Thoughts; Battlefield of the Mind; and The Confident Woman.

Joyce Meyer's broadcast Enjoying Everyday Life® airs daily on hundre
More about Joyce Meyer...

“In God’s economy, we usually have to be willing to lose something we have in order to gain what we really want. Why hang on to something that is never going to satisfy you anyway? Don’t live under the tyranny of what people think. Stop trying to convince them of your good intentions and let them think what they want to think. God is your defender; He will vindicate you in due time. What can someone’s thoughts do to you anyway? Why live your life being afraid of a thought?” 2 likes
“Be Yourself “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” —RALPH WALDO EMERSON But let every person carefully scrutinize and examine and test his own conduct and his own work. He can then have the personal satisfaction and joy of doing something commendable [in itself alone] without [resorting to] boastful comparison with his neighbor. —Galatians 6:4 For” 2 likes