Start by marking “The Fall of Candy Corn” as Want to Read:
The Fall of Candy Corn

The Fall of Candy Corn (Sweet Seasons #2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  483 ratings  ·  46 reviews
They're fun They're quirky They're Sweet Seasons-unlike any other girls' books you've ever read. You could call them alternative, God-honoring chick lit. Join Candace Thompson on a sweet, lighthearted, and honest romp through the friendships, romances, family, school, faith, and values that make a girl's life as full as it can be. Will Candace survive the shift from cotton ...more
Published September 30th 2008 by Zondervan (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Fall of Candy Corn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fall of Candy Corn

Just Friends With Benefits by Meredith SchorrCake Pop Crush by Suzanne   NelsonA Piece of Cake by Cupcake BrownArtichoke's Heart by Suzanne SuppleeAfter the Kiss by Terra Elan McVoy
Candy Covered
36th out of 105 books — 10 voters
Gone with the Wind by Margaret MitchellMaid to Match by Deeanne GistOffbeat Love Stories and More by Jennifer K. LaffertyGraceling by Kristin CashoreAlong for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
Best Books Containing Romance
17th out of 20 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“They're fun! They're quirky! They're Sweet Seasons - unlike any other girls' books you've ever read. You could call them alternative, God-honoring chick lit.
Will Candace survive the shift from cotton candy to candy corn?
Christy
They re fun! They re quirky! They re Sweet Seasons unlike any other girls books you ve ever read. You could call them alternative, God-honoring chick lit. Join Candace Thompson on a sweet, lighthearted, and honest romp through the friendships, romances, family, school, faith, and values that make a girl s life as full as it can be. Will Candace survive the shift from cotton candy to candy corn? Fall is in the air, and without completely knowing why, Candace Thompson has signed up to continue wh ...more
Larissa Hipp
This is the second book in the series. Really good to. Candance goes back to the zone to work the annual Halloween event called Scare. Then gets hurt working it and gets stuck working as a candy corn vendor.
Madison
This book was just as great as the first and I loved it!!!
Beth
Read more reviews like this at my blog: http://bethleesbookblog.blogspot.com/

The Fall of Candy Corn by Debbie Viguie is a fun read. It is the second book in the Sweet Seasons series, which revolve around Candace Thompson. In the first book, "The Summer of Cotton Candy", Candace (AKA Candy), has to get a summer job. She decides to work for an amusement park as a cotton candy vendor. Now in this book, Candy is back for the Halloween event called Scare. It is filled with mazes and scary things. Sin
Adriana
I bought the first book in the “Sweet Seasons” series, The Summer of Cotton Candy , a very long time ago—probably when I was just starting high school. I enjoyed the first book because it was so fun and creative. What is not to like about a girl getting her first job at an amusement park—and an amusement park that isn’t “ambiguously” modeled after Disneyland or anything like that. When I was younger I really like reading about “The Zone,” which was like a harmonious coming together of thrill pa ...more
Heather
A little while back I reviewed With This Ring, I'm Confused because I was looking to see how published authors did light-hearted stories that had characters with doses of morality; I did that book because I couldn't find any YA Christian literature. However, lucky for me, I was able to find this series (and another, The Carter House Girls series, that I'll review separately) that fits the YA Christian fiction bill.

These books were decent, I started to like the characters the further they went on
Becca
This series is really fun to read. It keeps you on your toes with action, and it never gets boring. It's not like any other young adult series I have ever read, and that's a good thing. If you're looking for something fresh and exciting to read, this series is definitely for you!
I hope you enjoy The Fall of Candy Corn by Debbie Viguie!
Joanne Compton
An entertaining, theme park setting for the latest instalment of Candace' s life. The season is Autumn, the objective to scare and be scared, and figure out what you want to do with your life, no biggie!
$hanel
I have to say that this book was just as good as the first one! Candace Thompson is back working at The Zone... but this time she is not a cotton candy vendor... she`s working Scare a huge Halloween bash that is going on at The Zone for four weeks and Candace is really pumped about working there with all of her friends that also work at The Zone! While things seem like a dream awhile for Candace one day at The Zone a terrible accident happens to Candace and that changes things for her job at The ...more
Madeline
This book is the 2nd in a series called Sweet Seasons. I think I would have enjoyed the book even more if I had read the first book.

The story picks up in the Fall as Candance(the main character;'s) local amusement park is getting ready for their Halloween mazes. She is highered to work in a maze based on herself. This is where the story takes a turn as trouble starts to happen in the park.
This was an easy to read chick lit book. Small but meant for older teens. It is considered a Christian book,
Trea
This book picks up shortly after the events of The Summer of Cotton Candy and continues with the themes presented in that book. I found this book to be funnier than the previous one, and relevant to teenagers trying to find their place in the world. This one also had a suspenseful mystery aspect as well, which kept things lively in the story. It was another quick and enjoyable read, and one I will definitely recommend for my daughter!
Hope
I gave this book 5 stars because towards the end of the book in got very exciting! My favorite part was when Candace, Josh, Tamara, and Martha set up a plan to catch the saboteurs of The Zone. Candace could have died when she got grabbed by Brandon and also when she went into the maze to get Will. She ended up saving the park and finally got everything back together for Scare and Sugar Shock. I defentelly would reccomed this sereis to girls that are my age and up. It was a great book!
Anam
This was cute. I didn't realize it was a young adult book until I was into it. I hadn't read the first, and while I think it might be interesting to see what Candace does next, I feel like it will just be the same story repeated again - a lot of this one referred back to incidents in the first in the series giving me that impression. Same plot, just slightly different things happening at the Zone. I'd be willing to be that in the end, she ends up with Josh, not Kurt, though.
Snorkle
This is a nice book that had a good message and an interesting, it not somewhat predictable set of characters. I enjoyed seeing how the story progressed, but some of the circumstances were just a tad bit too sugar-coated for my liking. I enjoyed this book, but I would still categorize it as a fluff book. I'd probably recommend.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2010...
Kathryn Cooper
I liked The Fall of Candy Corn even better than the first book. I love the fall! It's a great season. I guess I'd say that for every season because I just like change. The amusement park, The Zone, is where Candace is still working. To read more of my review click the link to my book blog.
Clean Teen Fiction's review of The Fall of Candy Corn
Karla
I had so much fun reading this book. I loved the scene between Pete and Candace. If you haven't read it, you'll know it when you get there. Just the two of them, short sentences, hysterical. I like that it was a fun, light read. Viguie really does zoom through, but even so, you see Candace grow and discover herself. I'm looking forward to the next season!
I really enjoyed this book, probably more than I should have. Now that it's fall, it's Halloween time and Candace is back at the park. I mostly enjoyed seeing Candace try to figure out what to do with her future and learning who she is and what she wants out of her life.

I'm anxious for the next in the series and finding out what Candace's future holds!
Zoe
Mar 28, 2011 Zoe is currently reading it
THis book is about a girl named candace and its her second season at the zone amusment park she plays candy her self when she was chased throught the zone by a maniac.some one is sabotasing the zone and going after the main atraction candy candace witnesses these event happening to find out whos the person or people behinde this crime!!!!!!
Camryn Marie
I absolutely love this series. I have read these books dozens of times and I still enjoy reading them. I think any teen girl should read this because it's relatable and fun. I really want to work at a theme park after read these, though I'm sure I wont have an adventure as fun as Candace's. I'll definitely be reading it again!
Heather
A cute sequel. Much of the basic information is repeated so someone could theoretically read this one first.It is starting to feel a little predictible, but there are just enough mini surprises to make it worth reading. I find that I wish we could get on with it and find out how the carried on conflicts are resolved.
Rachel
This is the second book in the Sweet Seasons series. It's now in fall and Candace is working at The Zone during Halloween. She works at the event called Scare. It follows all the same characters as in the first book. I enjoyed this one just as much as the first one.
Cranberry Public
Tayli Craner
I loved this book SOOOOOOO much! It was just as wonderful as the first, but I think I like it even more! Josh, in the book, I think is a hottie! I wish I could meet him in real life. I recommend this book to every girl that needs a good book.
Caroline
I don't know why, but I really liked this book a lot more than the previous one.
Maybe because it had more of a plot? Like they were trying to figure out about who is
ruining some of the mazes and stuff...
But yeah, I really enjoyed it.
Kit
The message is too heavy-handed in this installment, and the characters are still somewhat flat, but there were enough interesting details and funny parts (something that a lot of Christian fiction is sadly lacking) to keep me reading.
Nicole Catherine
I would actually give this one a 2.5 out of 5. It was considerably better than book one, but still fell a little flat. And I'm annoyed that Miss Viguie won't reveal Josh's secret, and yet keeps teasing me with it.
Mcw
LOVED IT! This one went in to a bit more character depth and I absolutely loved it. Another super easy read, but you felt connected to Candace and even more of Josh this time around!
Fala19
The Fall of Candy Corn was an easy, quick, and fun book. I really enjoyed reading it and am looking forward checking out the other books in this series.
Megan
This series is quick and fun about a teenager working in an amusement park. I like to relax by reading easy books that don't require much thought.
  • Lost in Las Vegas (Carter House Girls, #5)
  • Be Strong & Curvaceous (All About Us, #3)
  • Goodbye Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #4)
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • The Miracle Girls (Miracle Girls, #1)
  • Match Point (Lauren Holbrook, #3)
  • Bon Appetit (French Twist #2)
  • The Bishop's Daughter
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • Tournaments, Cocoa & One Wrong Move (Real Life, #3)
  • Millie's Faithful Heart (A Life of Faith: Millie Keith #4)
  • Solemnly Swear
  • True Friends (Christy Miller, #7)
Debbie Viguié is the New York Times Bestselling author of more than three dozen novels including the Wicked series co-authored with Nancy Holder. In addition to her epic dark fantasy work Debbie also writes thrillers including The Psalm 23 Mysteries, the Kiss trilogy, and the Witch Hunt trilogy. Debbie also plays a recurring character on the audio drama, Doctor Geek’s Laboratory. When Debbie isn’t ...more
More about Debbie Viguié...

Sweet Seasons (4 books)
  • The Summer of Cotton Candy (Sweet Seasons, #1)
  • The Winter of Candy Canes (Sweet Seasons, #3)
  • The Spring of Candy Apples (Sweet Seasons, #4)
Midnight Pearls: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid Violet Eyes (Once Upon a Time Fairytales) Scarlet Moon: A Retelling of Little Red Riding Hood The Summer of Cotton Candy (Sweet Seasons, #1) The Lord Is My Shepherd (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #1)

“That's the problem with life. It rarely gives you neat decisions wrapped up in shiny paper with a bow on top. Most of the important decisions in life are messy.” 7 likes
“Fall, like the season, like right now. Fall is the transition period between summer and winter. Summer is fun and carefree and cheery. Winter is also beautiful, but it's harder, not as carefree. You're no longer a child, and you're not really an adult yet. You're going through a transition, just like the seasons.” 6 likes