Start by marking “Love Starts with Elle” as Want to Read:
Love Starts with Elle
Preview

Love Starts with Elle (Beaufort #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,054 ratings  ·  88 reviews
Elle's living the dream-but is it her dream or his? Elle loves life in Beaufort, South Carolina-lazy summer days on the sand bar, coastal bonfires, and dinners with friends sharing a lifetime of memories. And she's found her niche as the owner of a successful art gallery too. Life is good.

Then the dynamic pastor of her small town church sweeps her off her feet. She's never
Hardcover, Large Print, 422 pages
Published March 1st 2009 by Center Point (first published July 8th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Love Starts with Elle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Starts with Elle

Margaret
Apr 02, 2009 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone needed a little confidence and maybe romance
Recommended to Margaret by: Rachel Hauck
I do not know if I shall scream or cry or both. Love Starts with Elle is officially one of my favorite books of all time. It is by far my favorite book of contemporary Christian fiction. I enjoyed Sweet Caroline immensely, but it does not fully compare with the power and wonder of Elle. This is a sequel, but does stand alone on a firm foundation of Christ no less.

Elle is an artist, well in her heart. She mets Mr. Wonderful, who I did not like from page one, but he's so right. Until he's not, bu
Tina
Original post at One More Page

A week ago, some colleagues and I were discussing relationships and romance, and how one must go in choosing a mate. Perhaps "choosing a mate" is not the proper phrase to use (frankly it sounds a bit too bestial for me), but the discussion was about how the other person can be qualified as a potential guy or girl or will they be cast off into the friend zone. It was quite an interesting discussion, and I was surprised at how some of the guys told me that I needed to
Jenny Jones
Loved this book. Passed it on two two "reluctant reader" friends who also devoured it. I don't typically read Christian fiction romance, but this exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended!!!
Crystal
I read romance manuscripts in my day job, and have read countless published romances. You'd think after awhile they would all be the same. Not so. Rachel Hauck has penned a romance that took my breath away. She starts with the setting in Beaufort, South Carolina (what could be more romantic?) Brings in characters that you are sure you would find there, whom you want to meet and know. Then, she adds surprises and grabs your emotions. Sigh. I didn't want this story to end. If I could write a roman ...more
Aerykah
I loved this book! I had been wanting to read it for quite some time, so, when I finally got it, I practically devoured it! Finished it within a day.

What can I say..? Rachel Hauck is a pretty great author. The characters were very real to me (which makes a good book just that much better!). My two favorite characters were Elle (obviously) and her dad. Loved the relationship between those two — it was really special. Ms. Anna was another truly wonderful character. The world needs more prayer warr
Amelia
So I'm going to say it right now: this is a Christian/Spiritual novel. So now some of you can run away, but for those of you who remain, do stay and sit awhile.

In a nutshell: "Sleepless in Seattle" meets the Christian faith.

For a Christian novel, this story and the characters really stuck to me. I found this book on Goodreads and started reading it via the Google Preview. I remember really, really liking it but for some reason, I didn't check it out until I raided my library system this past wee
Joanne
Great book! I love books about relationships. Elle finds her relationship with God by going to a chapel and becoming a prayer warrior.
Nora St Laurent
I LOVED EVERY MINUTE of this book. From the very first page to the last I delighted in Elle's life and her family, and you will too. Rachel Hauck has captured my heart with Elle's story. It's filled with fun,unforgettable characters, situations that made me laugh out loud, and parts which were thought provoking. Rachel drew me into Elle's life,
and her dilemma. Rachel answers some questions that we may have asked ourselves while reading. Questions such as: "Just because we have feelings of love f
Melissa
WOW! what can i really say about this book, it was awesome. The story was something new for me, sweet and at times, I wanted to kill Jeremiah. Overall, this book was nice, sweet wholesome and just made me feel good all inside. Love, Love, this book. :) Highly recommend it.
Cookielover
I honestly likes this book. I believed every word on the page...even the feather part. This book was really good and I love that Rachel doesn't do stereotypes.
Katie Steiner
Aug 13, 2014 Katie Steiner rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a love story
I thought it was a very sweet romance. I really like the character or Heath. What a prince. I love how strong his faith is in God even in devastating circumstances.
I love how when Elle is so unsure of herself he is very sure of her and so supportive.
I fell in love with them being a family just because how its written they seem to go so well together. I love how Heath is writing a World War 11 story romance.
God's love seems so real in this story. Elle getting up early to go to the prayer chape
Cecelia
Have you ever been presented with a highly-appealing opportunity, and you accepted it, even though you had serious doubts?

Elle has a happy life living in her small southern town. Realizing she has “no talent” as an artist, she runs her successful art gallery. She’s also dating Jeremiah, a pastor at her church. Jeremiah’s charismatic personality is appealing to Elle, and when he asks her to marry him, she says yes.

However, problems crop up once Jeremiah mov
Jerry
Yet another novel from Rachel Hauck, this one reads like an old-school romance movie, and features characters with multiple issues. (view spoiler)
Hannah
Somehow I forgot to rate and review this book last year! It's a sweet story that stayed with me for awhile.

I loved Elle from the start, and it seemed pretty plain to me from the beginning that I didn't want her to end up with Jeremiah. He definitely rubbed me the wrong way! So I was rooting for Heath and his daughter from day one. I hope to own my own copy of this sweet book someday!
Jana
3.5 or 4.
Rachel Hauck writes a good love story. I love her characters, and her settings make me want to live in a small southern town. She's good with banter and moving relationships along. I like how her characters have tough choices to make, and the spiritual aspect of it, though sometimes the Christianity is a little strong for me--just the lingo, I guess, since it's not my brand of Christianity. :)
Sometimes I think her heroines take a little too long to figure things out, give lame guys one
Sarah Paulson
It wasn't that I disliked this book, or that it was in any way bad, I just could not connect with it. Heath seemed like a great solid character, who was kind and honorable. Elle had a nice balance of femininity and spirit. However, at no point did I feel emotionally invested in either character.
Jennifer Keller
Loved this story. Not sure how I felt about the feathers from God. Other than that I loved the characters. I loved seeing them grow and change as the story progresses, healing from their pain and moving forward towards a brighter future.
Allison
Right from the start Rachel Hauck's characters jump of the page. They are funny and honest, sometimes to a fault. They are the close friends that stick around no matter what life may bring.

In this novel the reader goes through the ups and downs of life with Elle. Her heartbreak and disappointments hit close to home; her insecurities about her artistic talents echo the feelings of insecurity we as human's carry around with us, especially for women who weigh themselves down with thoughts of imperf
Erin
When we first met Elle in "Sweet Caroline", she was running her own Operation Wedding Day. Now she's been swept off her feet and has packed up her South Carolina life in order to move to Texas to marry her man. Her business is sold, her house is rented, the invitations are in the mail. When the wedding doesn't happen, Elle must rethink her life with only a few of the former pieces in place. As she turns to the Lord, He visits her in very real ways and gives her new dreams, new friends, new chall ...more
Melissa
About halfway through this book, I realized I had read it already. The ending was still satisfying, though. :)
Courtney Davenport
You will be blown away by this book! Miss Anna is by far my favorite character in this book!
Michelle
Had to read this to find out how Sweet Caroline ends. Liked the characters and story.
Liesel
Religious chick-lit. It was an enjoyable, quick read. I haven't read a chick-lit in a while, so this was a treat. I think if I read too much of this author, it would become more annoying than enjoyable, but as it was, it was fun to escape into the worlds where it is obvious who should end up with who, and they always do just at the right time when all career problems seem to be resolved. And I was pleasantly surprised that the religious side of it was pretty realistic. No sudden conversions, but ...more
Kimberly Neely
Loved it. Elle is very much a character that one can relate too. Her confusion on deciding which man is right for her felt very real. Hope there's a sequel.
Shantelle
So this was a pretty cute book... Rachel Hauck has a fun way of writing that just urges me to keep reading. I fell in love with Heath and Tracey-Love, and Heath's book, :) It was great to read about another person who is writing a novel! :) Elle's story was challenging. The romance was sweet. And I really enjoyed the parts about truly connecting with God and hearing Him speak.

So yeah, nice summer read, I think. (even though summer is now probably officially ended!!)
Oh yes, clever title!! I love
Jane Newey
Enjoyed this even more than the first book. Liked the prayer theme
Hanan A.S.
it's a slow easy read. nice.
Scribs
Pass on reviewing this one. Definitely not my kind of book.
Branson
Quite possibly the best Christian chick lit title I have ever read. I adored this book!!

Favorite quote:

"Only now, in the midst of pain and failure, do I find myself running to Him. I can speak to Him, but my ear is not tuned to hearing. That realization frightens me. Is my life in shambles because He wanted me to stop and face Him, not dialog with my back to Him as I wnet about my day with half-hearted faith?"
Brenda
Another sweet, likeable, but just okay Christian romance. Elle is an artist-turned-gallery owner trying to put her life back together after a broken engagement. Heath is a lawyer-turned-novelist taking a sabbatical after the tragic death of his wife. They're both endearing and you'll root for them, but I found myself constantly wondering, "Who talks like that?" You'll know what I mean if you read it.
  • Driftwood Lane (Nantucket, #4)
  • Single Sashimi
  • Softly and Tenderly (Songbird, #2)
  • Menu for Romance (Brides of Bonneterre, #2)
  • Finding Stefanie (Noble Legacy, #3)
  • The Cubicle Next Door
  • Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God
  • Splitting Harriet
  • That's -Not Exactly- Amore (Drama Queen #3)
  • Blue Heart Blessed
RITA finalist and award winning author Rachel Hauck writes from sunny central Florida.

With strong southern stories, she infuses faith and real life into the lives of her fictional characters.

Rachel loves to encourage new writers and is the book therapist for My Book Therapy and writing community founded by
Susan May Warren.

Rachel graduated from Ohio State University with a BA in Journalism. She'
More about Rachel Hauck...

Beaufort (3 books)
  • Sweet Caroline
  • Dining with Joy (Beaufort, #3)
The Wedding Dress Once Upon a Prince (Royal Wedding, #1) Princess Ever After (Royal Wedding, #2) Sweet Caroline Dining with Joy (Beaufort, #3)

“But brokenhearted was brokenhearted. Never embraced. Never treasured. Never easy. Heath figured every human being had a certain amount of God-ordained grace to endure their own unique brand of loss and pain.” 16 likes
“It must seem like the world is ending, but wait and see what God will do. He must have something wonderful in mind.” 2 likes