Start by marking “Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)

Bayou Moon (The Edge #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  17,358 Ratings  ·  1,098 Reviews
The Edge lies between worlds, on the border between the Broken, where people shop at Walmart and magic is a fairytale–and the Weird, where blueblood aristocrats rule, changelings roam, and the strength of your magic can change your destiny…

Cerise Mar and her unruly clan are cash poor but land rich, claiming a large swathe of the Mire, the Edge swamplands between the state
Mass Market Paperback, 447 pages
Published October 2010 by Penguin Berkley Ace (first published September 1st 2010)

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Buddy reread with the Awesome IA Army Of Utter Awesomeness (aka the eye candy IA Addicts) starting Jan 19, 2016.

» And the moral of this reread is: reading any IA book will make all your troubles disappear.
» And the other moral of this reread is: hey, this book was my least favourite in the series, now it's my second least favourite! Woo hoo! (view spoiler)
» And the other, other moral of this reread is: why did I think the
Robin (Bridge Four)
Yes, I am reading this again....Yes, I just read this like 6 months ago....No, I am not sorry because WILLIAM

Ilona Andrews is just that author that everytime I reread a book I seem to enjoy it just as much if not more. Each read is like coming home to my favorite world full of magic and characters that I can't wait to spend time with.

Re-reading with all my fellow addicts at Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA)

2nd Read

Buddy Read/reread beginning January 26 with all my fellow addicts at Ilona Andrews Addi
Carol.
May 04, 2016 Carol. rated it liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, action
Ilona Andrews books are the work of a solid writing team, and though I tend to avoid most paranormal romance, I thought it was time to give their Edge series a try. On the Edge went well, though it seemed a bit Kate Daniels Lite--milk chocolate version. Bayou Moon, on the other hand, is Kate Daniels Special Dark--dark chocolate version.

It begins with William, the wolf-shape changer from On the Edge. It's a couple years later and he's hanging in the Broken, working flooring jobs and drinking beer
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
So here's the problem with Ilona rereads--I have a vague recollection of not liking this book as much as I usually like an Ilona book (still liked it, of course, but I think we've established that Ilona operates under a different set of standards), but I cannot, for the life of me, remember why . . .

Not much of a problem, I know (that's the point).

So we're back in the Edge. With William this time.<-----that's right, there's a POV change. FYI.

Two years have passed since we were last in the Ed
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
5 IA Can Do No Wrong Stars

Re-read with the awesome IAA gang.

I was sooooooooooo late for this. I barely finished before the 3rd book BR started BUT it was awesome so I regret nothing!xx

***************************************************

I think IA is gradually becoming my favorite author!! Once again I loved her book. William was... Well Meg Ryan can show you!

Cerise...

Cerise was a very likable heroine. She is smart, responsible, loyal and pretty. I like the fact that although IA gives her heroines
Anne
Nov 08, 2015 Anne rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ilona Andrew fans

Is there such a thing as a bad Ilona Andrews book?
Nah.

description

This maybe wasn't my favorite, but, to me, these guys always write a quality story. Even if it isn't mind-blowing, it's still like chocolate to me. Is some chocolate better than other chocolate?
Yes, of course!
But any chocolate is still chocolate.
Delicious, delicious chocolate...

description

And that's how I felt about Bayou Moon. Not my favorite, but it filled my craving for an Ilona book.
*shrugs*
If you've read the 1st Edge novel then you might
Kat Kennedy
Jan 20, 2011 Kat Kennedy rated it liked it
It's hard to categorize how I felt about Bayou Moon.

On one hand I absolutely loved it. I loved the relationship between Cerise and William. I did adore Declan from On The Edge, but I loved William's vulnerability and dedication more. Reading and seeing William find his happily ever after was absolutely delightful.

[image error]
Also, werewolves are kind of awesome...

But between bouts of schizophrenic awesomeness were periods of meh. Let me try to explain. Most of this novel was just so great that
new_user
Dec 28, 2010 new_user rated it liked it
I had too-high hopes for Bayou Moon. That must be it, right?

I've been anticipating Moon since On the Edge. William's wolfy thought-processes are endearing, and he's just vulnerable enough without stepping into woe-is-me territory, even if he does think to himself one time too many that he's not worthy. He's earned at least that much, maintaining his humanity despite rearing as a child soldier at Hawk's Academy.

Female lead Cerise similarly bears up under pressure in the swamp as head of some two
Melanie
1.) On the Edge

Buddy Read with Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA)!

I originally wanted to read these books, because while reading Sweep in Peace my friends kept telling me about the crossover of characters from this series. So once I finished On the Edge I was completely in love with Jack and George! But then I was like, "Where is Gaston and Lark/Sophie?" Well, in this installment of the series I got to finally learn about them! They both completely won me over, but man did Lark completely pull at my
Mrs. Badass
Jul 14, 2011 Mrs. Badass rated it really liked it
447 pages...woah. A Long book!

4 Stars this was a great read!

I can't classify The Edge Series. It isn't Urban, it isn't Paranormal. It isn't Romance.

I could try to classify this book as 'Swampy Magical Fantasy', but I doubt there are other books out there that would fit into this new category. I suppose I could agree with Gordon and say it is Rustic Fantasy. I think it suits this particular story anyway.

Ilona and Gordon have written a complex miasma filled with Political Intrigue, Fantastic M
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
William's story lived up to my expectations. He is a very cool character that more or less stole the show from the hero in On the Edge. Not that Declan wasn't a perfectly good hero. Well, he was a bit more 'golden boy' than I like my heroes. But he worked for Rose. As for personal taste, I go with William!

What can I say? I like 'em edgy. I appreciated how the Andrews shaped Williams character and showed all his textures and layers. One would think that a changeling would be a pretty basic guy,
AH
Feb 24, 2011 AH rated it really liked it
There are a lot of things that I enjoyed about Bayou Moon. The world building was incredible. Ilona Andrews (and her husband Gordon) are a very imaginative duo. When they build a world, they fully immerse the reader in that world. Bayou Moon is a world of swamps, mud, strange creatures, eccentric characters, and magic.

Bayou Moon takes place two years after On the Edge. For those who have not read these books, The Edge is a place that exists as kind of a buffer zone between our world (The Broken
Shandra
Sep 27, 2015 Shandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initial thoughts: Another Ilona Andrews book I thoroughly enjoyed!!! I liked this one better than the last Edge book, which I totally loved. Review to come.

Review:

Actual rating: 4 I-Always-Leave-IA-Books-Feeling-Happy stars. No story spoilers.

Content photo: Lady and the tramp: sleeping tumblr_lk1c582Sz91qh7ceyo1_500.gif

I've read plenty of IA books at this point. I've yet to write a "real" review for one. I always end up gushing. SorryNotSorry. I love the way they write. It hits that booknerd happy spot inside me. You know exactly what I'm talking about. That spot deep i
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Ilona Andrews has to be my between my most favorite authors because I’ve yet to read one of her books and rate it under four stars. I absolutely love this woman. No wait, let me rephrase. I absolutely love this team (since Mr. Gordon is helping with the books as well).

As you probably know, I am not a Romance chick. I actually can say that I kind of hate the Romance genre. I can count on one hand the total number of Romance books I actually liked. But The Edge, my friends… this is the way I like
Orient
Mar 08, 2016 Orient rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Action lovers
Recommended to Orient by: Milda Page Runner
Uncertainty, Trap, Fantasy, Mystery,Adventure, Betrayal, Love. All these I once again found in I. Andrews book. And the main badass survived. Awesome! I think this story was more engaging than the first one. Though it started out slow, the authors fully drew me into the fascinating world of this book and led me through the story in a way that I didn't want to put the book down and I just wondered what the characters' next adventure will be.The world building really enchants with new creatures, ...more
Kathleen
(Contents: one fairly quick sex scene, violence, lots of gruesome gore, minimal swearing, if any)

Of the four books in the series, I like Bayou Moon best. Originally, I only gave Bayou Moon 4 stars, but I have boosted it to 5 because I keep going back to re-read it, in parts or whole. Each time I read it, the plot with the red burial shroud moss gets better. And I love William, aka Lord Bill, the secret agent changeling wolf.

CHARACTERS: William (aka Lord Bill) is a changeling wolf. His mother ga
Joanita

08/02/2016 Buddy read with my fellow IA addicts over at IAA b/c they are hilarious and make this already fantastic series just more fun!

Cerise Mar is from The Edge, which lies between the Broken, a non-magic world, and the Weird, where magic rules. Her family is money poor but land rich, and has been in a life-long feud with the Sheerile family. Now Lagar Sheerile has claimed ownership of her grandparents house, and her mother and father has been taken by the Hand, spies who has no problem kill

♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
I hate giving 3 stars to one of IA's books , but it was slow. It was very good, it had its funny moments, but something was lacking. I dunno.Maybe it's just me :/

"Are you rich?
Are you, by the way?”
“No,” William said.
“Married?”
“No.”
“Well, one out of two isn’t bad. Rich and unmarried
would be perfect, married and poor would be two strikes out, nothing good there. Poor and
unmarried, I can work with that.

I can't deny that there were some steamy scenes...and heart-warming moments:

“I told you I was
Angela
February 2016 Re-read: Buddy read with IAA. I don't have a lot to add to what I said last year. I still skipped Spider's scenes, and I've actually taken to skipping most of the sex scenes (it's not this book, it's every book I read - especially if I've read them before). But I love William and Cerise.

January 2015 Re-read: I cannot believe I've never written a review for this.

But as I sit here and try to think of how to quantify my feels about this book with words... I kind of can understand why
Milda Page Runner
Feb 23, 2016 Milda Page Runner rated it really liked it
Recommended to Milda by: Giedre
Complete opposite to the first book in the series this one is - dark, intense, bloody and brutal. It falls closer to urban fantasy traditional formula starting with the murders and the MC being hired to catch the bad guy. There is a romance and some humour but due to intensity of the main plotline they are pushed into a second plan, fast paced 'edge of the seat' sort of action dominating the story. Gloomy rainy and misty setting of Louisiana swamps filled with dark magic and creepy predators ...more
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Apr 21, 2016 Camila, the opinionated Catruler rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5*

You know it's an IA book when the plot is slightly boring and you still want to give the book five stars.

Cerise, as per usual with IA female leads, is a fucking badass.

She is a badass with a blade. She is a badass when dealing with her family's finances. She is a badass when confronted with a moody, disagreeable wolf. Even though everything bad that could happen keeps happening to her, she pulls through with her badass ways.

William aka Lord Bill is probably my new favorite IA love intere
Lisa Kay
Louisiana Bayou, by artist Bettie Jean Bordelon
description

This is one of those books that I’ll probably re-read in a year or two and LOVE. Right now it hasn’t been fitting my mood, causing me to take forever to read it. Maybe the labyrinthine twists and turns of the Louisiana Bayou are the perfect setting for the Byzantine-like world that is presented in this one, book #2 of The Edge series. I absolutely loved the first, On the Edge, which was a total surprise. I remember trying to pick up all the intr
Allison
I liked Bayou Moon better than On the Edge for some reason. I think one reason may be that the hero was not a blonde, Norse god, good-guy type. Yes, I prefer the damaged, brooding hero, slightly unstable but with a good heart, who deserves a chance at happiness and can also seriously kick butt when needed. What can I say? William made a much more interesting story than Declan, in my opinion.

Oh, and Cerise is another strong heroine who can keep up with the butt-kicking and lead an entire clan of
Phrynne
Nov 05, 2014 Phrynne rated it really liked it
Number two in the series and I enjoyed it every bit as much as number one although the main characters have changed. I am not usually a fan of werewolves but this one is very attractive and the girl he wants, Cerise, is a pretty amazing character too. Some great world building, fascinating creatures, an endlessly amazing extended family and a cute love story make this a very readable book. There is also quite a lot of fighting and blood and gore. But that's okay too. My only complaint would be ...more
Erica Ravenclaw
Feb 05, 2015 Erica Ravenclaw rated it really liked it

I had a really hard time getting into this book, suddenly I was halfway through and loving it. I account all that to the genius that is IA, but even they started to lose me there, till the end. Then I was bowled over with happy feelings and loved it all over again. I'm not certain how to rate it... let's go with...

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

Eh. That's about all I've got here. I don't understand why I don't know what to say! It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

In the second book on Ilona Andrews The Edge series, we focus on William Wolf, whom we meet in On the Edge. As a Changeling William has never been shown much affection or kindness, most people are afraid of him, sensing the lethal animal just inside his human skin. For this reason, he is asked to do one last mission before he is left alone in the Edge. This leads him to meet Cerise, an Edger and the newly made head of her large and crazy family now that her parents have been taken by the same m
Jilly
Jun 30, 2015 Jilly rated it really liked it
If someone had asked him yesterday morning what hell looked like, he would've said he didn't know. He'd spent 24 hours in the swamp, and now he had an answer. Hell looked like the Mire.

This urban (more like rural) fantasy is set in a swamp. If you've ever been to southern Louisiana, you can feel the descriptions of the Mire. It's wet. Always wet. Don't bother trying to wear make-up, if you can get it to stick to your wet face in the first place, it will just come off. Don't bother trying to do
Beanbag Love
Oct 06, 2010 Beanbag Love rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of both urban fantasy and PNR
I'm not sure how to describe this series. It's romance, but it feels like urban fantasy. And it's not urban. Far from it. The first in Andrews' "The Edge" series took place in a tiny, backwoods community and this one takes place in a swamp. Not much urban about that, is there?

So, after much thought, I've decided to call this series "contemporary fantasy". For now.

We met William in the first book of the series, "On the Edge" and I personally fell in love with him then. I was so thrilled to find o
Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™)
Dear William (aka Lord Weird, Lord Bill, or Lord LeatherPants):

Since I finished this book weeks ago, it's time I accepted I'm probably not going to write this review in the near future...
Yes, I've been in super lazy mode lately. Shut up! I will write it someday... probably when I re-read the series in a couple of years... *cough* much sooner *cough*.

But, until then, I'm linking to my little sister's review, who pretty much covered everything I thought about it (view spoiler)
Faith Hunter
Apr 29, 2011 Faith Hunter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book in this series for me. Picked it up in the middle. But sooooo good.
I adored this book! No complaints. THIS is why I read bestselling writers so often -- they know what they are doing, and they do it with style. Fantastic world, wonderful magic sytems, and I adore Lark.
Lovers of Paranor...: Bayou Moon (The Edge #2) by Ilona Andrews 7 28 Dec 23, 2013 04:59PM
Ilona Andrews Fans: * Bayou Moon (Book 2) 21 104 Jan 24, 2013 12:28PM
  • Fathers and Sons (Curran POV, #2)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists, #3)
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • An Artificial Night (October Daye, #3)
  • Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)
  • Magic on the Storm (Allie Beckstrom, #4)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
  • Bewitched & Betrayed (Raine Benares #4)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Under Her Skin
  • Dark and Stormy Knights
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling #6)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. author2sm“Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a ...more
More about Ilona Andrews...

The Edge (4 books)
  • On the Edge (The Edge, #1)
  • Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)
  • Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)

“The judge's massive eyebrows crept up. "Kaldar. Are you the one speaking for the plaintiff today?"
"Yes, Your Honor."
"Well, shit," Dobe said. "I guess you're familiar with the law. You hit it over the head, set its house on fire, and got its sister pregnant.”
103 likes
“William leaned forward and pointed at the river. “I don’t know why you rolled in spaghetti sauce,” he said in a confidential voice. “I don’t really care. But that water over there won’t hurt you. Try washing it off.”
She stuck her tongue out.
“Maybe after you’re clean,” he said.
Her eyes widened. She stared at him for a long moment. A little crazy spark lit up in her dark irises.
She raised her finger, licked it, and rubbed some dirt off her forehead.
Now what?
The girl showed him her stained finger and reached toward him slowly, aiming for his face.
“No,” William said. “Bad hobo.”
61 likes