Start by marking “Bond of Unseen Blood” as Want to Read:
Bond of Unseen Blood
read excerpt

Bond of Unseen Blood

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Evan Novack, nicknamed Bear by his friends, towers over most men, and weighs in at 250 pounds of powerful, strapping sinew and bone-breaking muscle. Every mother's son in North Fork wishes he were Bear—except for Bear himself. Bear is daily tortured by his own private pain and sense of overwhelming loss. Separated from his five-year-old son during a bitter divorce, Bear ha ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by White Feather Press (first published September 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Bond of Unseen Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bond of Unseen Blood

Erika
I won a copy of this book from the goodreads giveaway.

It's been a long time since I won this copy but I just couldn't take the time to read it before. Too many other books were getting in the way!

But here I am, I finally read it. Unfortunately, I didn't like this book.

And here's why: *SPOILER ALERT*

This story is about a big, tough man known as "Bear", he lost his son after his divorce and despite all his efforts to find him, just couldn't track him down. At the same time his son was trying to lo
Billie
I got this book from the author by winning a giveaway on Goodreads.com

Bear was a grizzly of a man. This is literally a quote from the book and I started to wonder what was I getting myself into. But from the description of Bear (nickname of course) how could you call him anything else, and who would dare try.

At one with nature and God we find Bear living off the grid with no power etc. But he loves the woods he lives in and the various creatures that also live there.

Bears son Evan is taken and i
Randy Daugherty
First let me say that this was a Good Reads give away...
Bond of Unseen Blood by Skip Coryell was a very good and quick read,
Evan Remington Novack the third, "Bear " to his friends was a large muscular quiet man. He lived alone on the family property in a cabin with no electricity, growing and hunting his food, living off the land.
He struggled with the loss of his son through a bitter divorce and though he has tried to locate him, he has yet be unsuccessful, but unknown to him his son has been l
Dan
Evan “Bear” Novack is a hunter and lives in the woods. He has everything he wants and needs except for his son. His ex-wife took him away and he hasn’t seen his child on years, but when his son comes looking for the father he vaguely remembers, he is kidnapped. Bear uses his skills to track the kidnapper and get his son.

This quick read is filled with action and descriptive narrative of what it is like living and surviving in the wilderness, but lacks in character development. I enjoyed the story
Beka
*First Reads Won*

I really enjoyed reading this book, even though it is not really relatable to every day life because of the extreme circumstances. It is the story about a son and a father trying to find each other, bonded together by blood and once they find each other, to do everything in their power to stay together. It also tells about those around them, how each of them is bonded together, whether by love or hate. It is a very compelling story, with strong ties to Christianity.
Che'rei Holley
I thoroughly enjoyed this book about a backwoodsman Evan "Bear" Novack. Bear goes through the challenge of loosing his family so he takes back to his raising... living off the land. Then the book takes a turn, as the life of Bear is turned upside down searching for and protecting his son. I recommend this book to anyone who loves the outdoor life or dreams of living it. I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Michelle Khzouz
Thank you Goodreads for the First Reads copy! I really enjoyed this book and the message of faith. It's wonderful to read a book where the presence of God can be intertwined with a variety for characters and their stories. I would have give 5 stories but I felt the relationship between Bear and Even wasn't developed enough for me in the first few chapters. Other than that, it was a beautifully written book. Enjoy!
Leigh
I liked this story. A tale of family, betrayal, love, faith, friends and living as one with nature. A quick read, but very well written characters. It is the story of how, even with everything broken, sometimes your faith can put things back together and give you the life or forgiveness you always wanted. I received this book for free through a Goodreads First Reads give away.
Claire
I received this book through the giveaway on Goodreads. At first, I found the beginning to be a little slow, but after a few chapters, I couldn't stop. I think it could have been improved with more details and descriptions, especially the character Doug, but overall it was a great book and I enjoyed the quick read.
Rachel Frost
I won this book as part of the goodreads giveaways. This is the second book of Skip's that I have won, and I have enjoyed both books. It took me a little bit to get into the story, but once the action started I was hooked. A book that I would recommend as a quick, yet great, book.
Debbie Thurlo
I won this book in the Goodreads First Read giveaway.

Very touching story about a love of family, friends and nature, and the clash of good and evil. The characters were described so well I felt like I knew them. Great book!
T
This is a short depressingly beautiful book. Good for a quick read on a rainy day.
Frosty
would love that way of life.
good book

recieved in giveaway
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Sami Sayed
Sami Sayed marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Carmalicous
Carmalicous marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Kyle Brackman
Kyle Brackman marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2012
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2012
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2012
Rebekah
Rebekah marked it as to-read
May 29, 2012
Kataury
Kataury marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Skip Coryell now lives with his wife and children in Michigan. He works full time as a professional writer, and “The God Virus” is his eighth published book. He is an avid hunter and sportsman, a Marine Corps veteran, and a graduate of Cornerstone University.
More about Skip Coryell...
Stalking Natalie The God Virus We Hold These Truths Laughter And Tears: Living Both Sides Of Life The Shadow Militia: The Golden Horde Advances (The Thousand Year Night)