Start by marking “Bond of Unseen Blood” as Want to Read:
Bond of Unseen Blood

Read Excerpt

Bond of Unseen Blood

Evan Novack, nicknamed Bear by his friends, towers over most men, and weighs in at 250 pounds of powerful, strapping sinew and bone-breaking muscle. Every mother's son in North Fork wishes he were Bear—except for Bear himself. Bear is daily tortured by his own private pain and sense of overwhelming loss. Separated from his five-year-old son during a bitter divorce, Bear ha ...more
Published September 1st 2005 by White Feather Press (first published September 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Bond of Unseen Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bond of Unseen Blood

Apr 01, 2012 Jennifer rated it liked it
Erika
Mar 31, 2012 Erika rated it did not like it
I won a copy of this book from the goodreads giveaway.

It's been a long time since I won this copy but I just couldn't take the time to read it before. Too many other books were getting in the way!

But here I am, I finally read it. Unfortunately, I didn't like this book.

And here's why: *SPOILER ALERT*

This story is about a big, tough man known as "Bear", he lost his son after his divorce and despite all his efforts to find him, just couldn't track him down. At the same time his son was trying to lo
Billie
Apr 19, 2012 Billie rated it really liked it
I got this book from the author by winning a giveaway on Goodreads.com

Bear was a grizzly of a man. This is literally a quote from the book and I started to wonder what was I getting myself into. But from the description of Bear (nickname of course) how could you call him anything else, and who would dare try.

At one with nature and God we find Bear living off the grid with no power etc. But he loves the woods he lives in and the various creatures that also live there.

Bears son Evan is taken and i
Randy Daugherty
Apr 16, 2012 Randy Daugherty rated it really liked it
First let me say that this was a Good Reads give away...
Bond of Unseen Blood by Skip Coryell was a very good and quick read,
Evan Remington Novack the third, "Bear " to his friends was a large muscular quiet man. He lived alone on the family property in a cabin with no electricity, growing and hunting his food, living off the land.
He struggled with the loss of his son through a bitter divorce and though he has tried to locate him, he has yet be unsuccessful, but unknown to him his son has been l
Dan
May 07, 2012 Dan rated it liked it
Evan “Bear” Novack is a hunter and lives in the woods. He has everything he wants and needs except for his son. His ex-wife took him away and he hasn’t seen his child on years, but when his son comes looking for the father he vaguely remembers, he is kidnapped. Bear uses his skills to track the kidnapper and get his son.

This quick read is filled with action and descriptive narrative of what it is like living and surviving in the wilderness, but lacks in character development. I enjoyed the story
Michelle Khzouz
May 28, 2012 Michelle Khzouz rated it really liked it
Thank you Goodreads for the First Reads copy! I really enjoyed this book and the message of faith. It's wonderful to read a book where the presence of God can be intertwined with a variety for characters and their stories. I would have give 5 stories but I felt the relationship between Bear and Even wasn't developed enough for me in the first few chapters. Other than that, it was a beautifully written book. Enjoy!
Che'rei Holley
May 07, 2012 Che'rei Holley rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, free
I thoroughly enjoyed this book about a backwoodsman Evan "Bear" Novack. Bear goes through the challenge of loosing his family so he takes back to his raising... living off the land. Then the book takes a turn, as the life of Bear is turned upside down searching for and protecting his son. I recommend this book to anyone who loves the outdoor life or dreams of living it. I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Beka
*First Reads Won*

I really enjoyed reading this book, even though it is not really relatable to every day life because of the extreme circumstances. It is the story about a son and a father trying to find each other, bonded together by blood and once they find each other, to do everything in their power to stay together. It also tells about those around them, how each of them is bonded together, whether by love or hate. It is a very compelling story, with strong ties to Christianity.
Claire
Mar 31, 2012 Claire rated it really liked it
I received this book through the giveaway on Goodreads. At first, I found the beginning to be a little slow, but after a few chapters, I couldn't stop. I think it could have been improved with more details and descriptions, especially the character Doug, but overall it was a great book and I enjoyed the quick read.
Leigh
Mar 28, 2012 Leigh rated it liked it
I liked this story. A tale of family, betrayal, love, faith, friends and living as one with nature. A quick read, but very well written characters. It is the story of how, even with everything broken, sometimes your faith can put things back together and give you the life or forgiveness you always wanted. I received this book for free through a Goodreads First Reads give away.
Debbie Thurlo
Mar 31, 2012 Debbie Thurlo rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book in the Goodreads First Read giveaway.

Very touching story about a love of family, friends and nature, and the clash of good and evil. The characters were described so well I felt like I knew them. Great book!
Rae
Apr 18, 2012 Rae rated it liked it
I won this book as part of the goodreads giveaways. This is the second book of Skip's that I have won, and I have enjoyed both books. It took me a little bit to get into the story, but once the action started I was hooked. A book that I would recommend as a quick, yet great, book.
T
Apr 14, 2012 T rated it really liked it
This is a short depressingly beautiful book. Good for a quick read on a rainy day.
Josh
Josh rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2012
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Amanda Chalifoux
Amanda Chalifoux rated it it was amazing
Connie Hill
Connie Hill rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Connie Koenig
Connie Koenig rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2012
Jeanie
Jeanie rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2012
Frosty
Mar 21, 2012 Frosty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
would love that way of life.
good book

recieved in giveaway
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2012
Alicia
Alicia added it
May 13, 2010
Jennifer beck
Jennifer beck marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Phoenix Carvelli
Phoenix Carvelli marked it as to-read
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Alaina Maxam
Alaina Maxam marked it as to-read
Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers marked it as to-read
SaJe Goodson
SaJe Goodson marked it as to-read
Ronald
Ronald marked it as to-read
Irene Menge
Irene Menge marked it as to-read
Lane Mahnke
Lane Mahnke marked it as to-read
Roberta
Roberta marked it as to-read
Mary Pickrahn
Mary Pickrahn marked it as to-read
Paulette
Paulette marked it as to-read
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2012
Darlene ysaguirre
Darlene ysaguirre marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2012
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2012
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2012
Ishanie
Ishanie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2012
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2012
Butterflyshines
Butterflyshines marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2012
Rhonda Mason
Rhonda Mason marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2012
Judie Dooley
Judie Dooley marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2012
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2012
Skip Coryell now lives with his wife and children in Michigan. He works full time as a professional writer, and “The God Virus” is his eighth published book. He is an avid hunter and sportsman, a Marine Corps veteran, and a graduate of Cornerstone University.
More about Skip Coryell...