Start by marking “Razor Sharp (Sisterhood, #14)” as Want to Read:
Razor Sharp (Sisterhood, #14)

Razor Sharp (Sisterhood #14)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  1,835 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews
A Friend In Need…Needs The Sisterhood

When it comes to repaying a debt, the women of the Sisterhood—Myra, Annie, Kathryn, Alexis, Yoko, Nikki, and Isabelle—never forget. And now one of their allies needs help only they can give. A powerful attorney with a cut-throat reputation, Lizzie Fox has just taken on a high-profile new client—Lily Flowers, the Madam of a high-end bord
Published October 1st 2009 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Razor Sharp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Razor Sharp

Bill
Feb 22, 2010 Bill rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
OK, I get the whole idea of the Sisterhood of Pseudo-Feminist revenge. That's cool. It's just that this book was pretty convoluted. I understood that they were going to get revenge on these philandering politicians, but did they have to spend the entire book talking about the fact that they were going to get revenge on these philandering politicians? By the time they did get their revenge, the book was over. And I wasn't quite sure what they did exactly. I guess I just didn't get it.
Julie
Jan 11, 2010 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was slow and kind of sucked. The whole point of these books is revenge and I didn't even understand what happened at the end. Disappointed.
Kem
Mar 07, 2017 Kem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened instead of read this book. All the voices seemed to match the personalities I pictured in previous books read. I love the sisters series and especially this plot that gave some politicians there just desserts. It started off slow and vague, but soon the plot started coming to light. Lots of funny parts, too. No real danger, but great non-the-less.
Lyn Soulia smith
Jun 12, 2017 Lyn Soulia smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the Sisterhood books. There are chuckles, laughs out loud, maybe even a few tears. The Sisterhood series hold a wonderful group of characters and an easy group that you want to continue to read about. This book also has a hole without Charles. Hoping he does return to this wonderful series, but in the mean time.. I will continue listening to the series.
Swanbender2001
Jun 28, 2017 Swanbender2001 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed when I read the book's description after finishing the book as the description was incorrect in many ways. Very sloppy.
I enjoyed this book and the trip it took me into implausible land of the Vigilantes and their cohorts.
Judi
Jul 15, 2017 Judi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this! Awesome book to read on a rainy weekend.
Bette
Jun 14, 2017 Bette rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gave-up-on
Sorta okay but dragged on
Jean Kovats
Dec 10, 2016 Jean Kovats rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The interaction between the people is more interesting than their missions.
Linda Walters
I liked this one but it is a bit different. There was a lot of story before the "girls" even get involved as a team. Still, it was good and really went quickly. After they started to sort things out, they had a plan this time. Well, more of one anyway. They also were in for a surprise when it came to the plots of the main evil person. I liked how the author didn't give it away right away but made me wait for it. Great job of drawing it out. At least one of the team had a theory about the who and ...more
Kathy Davie
Nov 15, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Fourteenth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series surrounding a core group of seven women who provide justice to those abused by the legal system. In this story, the action takes place in Las Vegas and Washington D.C.

My Take
This was so stupid! Yeah, I totally agree with Michaels' premise that the double standards of charging prostitutes and ignoring the johns is completely wrong. Both sides are making a choice to engage in this particular activity. So either make it legal, charge 'em both
Vickie Simpson
I thought Razor Sharp was a good read and I enjoyed it, it was fun to see how the ladies can do things on their own. I do hope Charles returns and that Fern Michaels continues the series. I have read all of the books in this series and I find them a good read. I would recommend this book to others but only if they have read the other books in the series otherwise you would not understand what is happening. Good Book
Heather
Sisterhood # 14

Vigilantes vs the Johns..aka rich politicians in DC

Lily Flowers stops in at Crickets Law office drops off some very important and valuable information and then disappears. Lily formerly Crystal Clark the Madame of a "Camp" in Las Vegas. This "Camp" is a legal brothal/ bordello that many D.C. Politicians frequent.

So the Vigilantes of course want to bring the "Johns" to justice since the law would sent the working girls to jail and give the johns a slap on the wrist.

The new female
Peter
Feb 13, 2016 Peter rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I guess this is the worst book I've ever read. The setup has promise, but the writing is elementary, the character development is non-existent and the plot, particularly the resolution is nonsensical. I picked it up in a used bookshop after asking for something light to read on the plane and the woman couldn't find my first choice of something by Alexander McCall Smith.

Now, I understand that some people want an easy read, but there are so many talented authors out there... all of them, really. U
Nancy
Sep 05, 2009 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chery
This was my first Fern Michaels book! Didn't know what I'd been missing. When Lizzie Fox and the Vigilantes got the first female elected President of the US, they didn't know her veep came with his very own brothel in Nevada.

The girls rise to the moment when the FBI wants to collect the ladies of the Happy Day Camp and imprison them for bringing their act to D.C. If anyone should go to jail, it should be the men who brought them to the Capitol (twice), not the ladies. The madam is killed in a c
Brenda Benoit
Definitely not my favorite of the series and I have to say that the buildup to the actual act of revenge is so long and drawn out that by the time we get to revenge time I just don't care anymore. Also in the past probably 7 books in the series the revenge is such a let down and over so quick. I'm to the point in this series where I just want to see what happens with the girls (and guys) and really don't care about the story line beyond that. I wish the books would go back to the way they were i ...more
Laura Beasley
I give this book 3.5 stars. It has been awhile since I read Fern Micheals and I enjoy her books on the Vigilantes. The characters in the book are all interesting and I like the plots they plan for revenge . Lizzie and Cricket Cosmo get married but at the same time get caught in a woman's deception and a big plan to ruin the first female president. Some of the elected officials were involved with prostitutes and the Vigilantes are going to make sure the clients don't get off free and the madam ta ...more
Marcie
Dec 05, 2013 Marcie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-regular
I purchased this book at a library book sale, and it had no marking on it that it was #14 in a series. However, I think the book generally stands alone fairly well.

Adventure, spying, and intrigue mix together to create a fun but tense quick read. Relationships are started, ended, and explored in a variety of characters but not a single one ends up being the ONLY focus, so it's definitely got the series part working in its favor. I'm planning to give the series a chance by reading some of the ot
Becky Holloway
Jun 29, 2012 Becky Holloway rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I left my Kindle out and my 20 month old daughter played with it and bought this book for me. Since she bought, figured I better read it. I am a third into the book and am not too impressed so far.

Have now finished book and my impression has not changed. I understand this is one book in a large series and this read did nothing to encourage me to read the rest of the series. Would not recommend.
Rhonda
Sep 08, 2009 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, adventure
Janet
Jun 05, 2011 Janet rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Almost no plot. Just group of women calling themselves the Vigilantes talking to each other about their relationships with each other and their male friends. Very old-fashioned feminist attitude. Out to get men in female president's administration who had a big sex party at a brothel and want to lay blame on the madame and the other women while they pay no penalty. Nearly the whole book is girl talk.
L
Oct 05, 2012 L rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While working on my Masters, I had to forego doing much pleasure reading, so I got behind in the Fern Michael's Sisterhood Series. Had read all of them up until this one, which involves the Los Vegas crew, a madamm, and some errant Washington congressmen and even the VP. The V's ride to the rescue in their usual tough fashion....as always, it made me chuckle out loud.This is number 14 of 20 in the series, so I do have some catching up to do.
Lisa
Sep 21, 2015 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't make it through this whole book as the plot was so slow that I lost interest. From what I did read, the book focuses on a group of feminist, "sister" vigilantes who seek revenge on a group of politicians who frequented a popular "happy day camp" bordello. The dialogue was so repetitious and the plot so slow moving that I gave up. Have never encountered this author so I'm not sure if this is her style or of this book was just a bad seed.
Denise
Mar 27, 2010 Denise rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't read any more of it.... Just too stupid.

This is from the Sisterhood Series about powerful women, who bring corruption to its knees. The men (who were partners/lovers) of the women were nothing more than puppets waiting to for directions. The author tried to use men with impressive job titles (such as the director of the FBI) however his behavior just doesn't fit with a manager.
Darlene Ferland
Jul 05, 2013 Darlene Ferland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book in the series may not have been a jaw dropping, stomach plunging read but it was such a big part of the Sisterhood's story line. I found the action in the story fleshed out some of the characters on the periphery. The read was a quick one that left me wondering what will happen in the next installment. . .
Julianne
This book explores the power, money and foibles of Washington politicians. Much of the action takes place in Las Vegas, not just in the casinos but also in the desert. Some of the characters live up a mountain, their home accessible only by aerial tram. And one of the characters lives in the White House!

Good story, fairly light-hearted.
Mark Buehl
Jul 28, 2010 Mark Buehl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Sisterhood book and another good read! This was one of their best in the sense of the story. Lots of sub-plots and new characters while expanding on recent character additions. The story has a lot of meaning and is captivating right from the beginning. I did not want to stop until the end of the book.
Jeanette
Jan 21, 2012 Jeanette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the rest. The storyline on this one was a little sketchy and it seemed like it was unecesarily drawn out. Can't figure out what the POTUS is waiting for to fullfill her promise. I'm hoping #15 will be back to being as great as the others have been.
Wen Labrum
Jan 09, 2017 Wen Labrum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first read of 2017. I love this series, but waited pretty much the whole book for the politicians to get their just deserts. It did appear that a woman won the White House, Democrat to boot. This series is definitely fiction.
Mary
Feb 13, 2012 Mary rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Trite, confusing at the end. Based on my first reading of a Vigilantes book, I will not read any others. Disappointing that in a paperback, the story only took up 2/3 of the entire book. The rest contained a preview of not one, but two more books. What a waste.
Marnie
Feb 04, 2010 Marnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
And the saga goes on... and on... I hope in one of these books the girls are exonerated and can then finally settle down and have kids before they are too old... lol This was a decent read, the sisterhood seems to be doing well so far without their main guide.
  • Random Acts
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • The Beach Alibi (Smithson Group SG-5, #4)
  • Star-Spangled Bride
  • Glad Tidings (Here Comes Trouble & There's Something About Christmas)
  • Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5)
  • Kissing the Bride (Medieval, #4)
  • It Only Takes a Moment (KEY News, #11; Sunrise Suspense Society #2)
  • Criminal Seduction
  • Zapped (Regan Reilly Mysteries, #11)
  • Luggage by Kroger: A True Crime Memoir
  • Second Spring (Family Saga, #6)
  • Seeking God: The Way of St. Benedict
  • Catholic for a Reason: Scripture and the Mystery of the Family of God
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8 / Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus