Start by marking “Asterix and the Falling Sky (Asterix #33)” as Want to Read:
Asterix and the Falling Sky (Asterix #33)

Asterix and the Falling Sky (Asterix #33)

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  1,717 ratings  ·  44 reviews
The Gauls have only one fear: that the sky may fall on their heads tomorrow. But tomorrow never comes, says Chief Vitalstatistix. Or does it? It looks as if it's come at last for Asterix, Obelix and the other villagers. And some surprising new characters fall along with the sky. Our friends soon find themselves in the middle of a space race...
Published September 21st 2006 by Asterix (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Asterix and the Falling Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asterix and the Falling Sky

Dirk Grobbelaar
I've always loved the Asterix books. I grew up on a literary staple of Tintin and Asterix so this kind of thing will always have a place on my shelf. However... this was disappointing. The satire and historical Easter Eggs that these books are famous for are blatantly absent. True, there is some humour, but it's not the clever humour you'd expect from an Asterix story.

I could probably go on like this indefinitely. The long and short is: some things don't mix. Oil and water. Asterix and Space-Sh
Mathieu
Si j'ai pas mis zéro, c'est en souvenir de mes jeunes années et de mes premiers pas de lecteurs avec Astérix...

Quelle honte ! Une histoire aussi scandaleusement mauvaise, j'aurai jamais cru en voir dans Astérix (et surtout pas du vivant d'un des deux créateurs). Le plus navrant dans tout ça, c'est qu'Uderzo ne se remet absolument pas en cause. Que personne n'est apprécié son travail, il s'en fout ! On a acheté, bon con.

Moi, je pense que j'en ai fini avec Astérix et ça me désole. Si le prochain
Kunal
So, I had nothing to read yesterday and I was a bored so I picked up this book from my bookshelf. Finished it easily in 10 mins. Nice book with great humour, it's another fun read for people who want to read especially quick books.
Federiken Masters
Jan 12, 2014 Federiken Masters rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Casi nadie
Recommended to Federiken by: Estúpido completismo
Antes de sonar fundamentalista, dos aclaraciones: El dibujo sigue siendo bonito y tiene un par de escenas que me hicieron amagar una sonrisa. Listo.
Ahora, que fluya la rabia: Este álbum es un insulto a los lectores de manga (y a los japoneses en general, representados por un bicho amarillo desagradable), un insulto a los lectores de cómic yanqui (que bastante tienen sintiéndose insultados permanentemente por sus propios personajes), y -sobre todo- un insulto a todos los lectores de Asterix. Como
Komuniststar
Eto napokon na hrvatskom počeo redovno izlazit Asterix. Nadam se da će ovaj put izdržat i da ćemo ih sad, napokon, imat sve na hrvatskom. Jedina vrijednost ovog stripa je to da je napokon izašao na hrvatskom, meni je ovo najlošija epizoda Asterixa, bez uvjerljivosti, prepoznatljivosti i zabave. Dah pare za nju samo zato da izdavač ne stane s izdavanjem zbog loše prodaje. Nadam se da nisam bacio pare u vjetar :)
Bruce
Asterix the Falling Sky – a disaster of an Uderzo story; the Gaulish village is visited by competing alien races respectively intended to represent Disney and manga cartoon styles (evenly-matched, you see)
Nisha D'lima
Never thought I'd ever see an Asterix book I did not like, thought that the writer took advantage of the waves of fame and decided to milk it for nothing. Worst storyline, did not like the illustrations, honestly did not know where the story was going. Horrid horrid horrid
Jay
This was a disappointing addition to the Asterix universe. It's an awkwardly combined universe, the Gauls and spacemen, and it just doesn't sit right. This might be a fun read for children, but for myself and other Asterix fans, it's a little bit more than bad.
Karhum Ghassan
Lol that's what this book make me say so funny and why does a nagma ride on o hover bike while it has wings and that little purple midget lol............................
Polly
The Asterix books by Uderzo have all been way below the standard of the Goscinny and Uderzo ones, but this is an all-time low. Truly lousy.
Sheb
René Gosciny à du se retourner dans sa tombe...
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Aukasisa
Confronté cette fois ci à la vie extraterrestre, ce bon vieux Astérix m'a accompagné pour me prélasser au soleil par cette belle après midi.
J'ai bien aimé la petite dédicace à Walt Disney à la fin :)
Jerome
Both amusing and awful, this tale has an interesting premise, but one that ultimately fails. The world of Asterix is suddenly treated to the appearance of a Teletubby-like alien, his army of Superman-like clones, and his grasshopper-like archnemesis. Along the way we get references to Walt Disney. It’s different and creative, but at times it’s a bit much. Asterix and Obelix are basically bystanders.

A fine Asterix tale, even it is still definitely one of the worst, and the humor and charm is most
Monica Pereira
Oh I didn't like that... Aliens (even mickey mouse aliens) are a big no no in an asterix story.
Saint No Stopping Us

Three out of ten. CBR format.

The gauls are suddenly confronted by two sets of warring aliens. Can they bring intergalactic peace to the skies?

Azur
Leider reicht dieser Band nicht annähernd an die übliche Asterix-Qualität heran. Der intelligente Humor fehlt einfach.
Becca
A friend had recommended the Asterix series to me, mainly for it's wordplay. When I found some of the books at the library, I picked a random one and brought it home. I should have paid slightly more attention because it turns out this one was done after one half of the Asterix writing duo had died, so I have a feeling it wasn't as amusing and interesting. I did enjoy some of the wordplay, and I generally liked the story, but I had hoped for more. I shall try a different Asterix book, except I'l ...more
Matthew Hunter
Uderzo tries to go big by bringing aliens into the mix. The story falls flat. It's an evenly fought galactic battle between Disney and Manga styles of animation. Chief Vitalstatistix allows the bard to sing. Toon the alien looks like a purple teletubbie. Asterix and Obelix give up much of their indomitable status to watch Toon save them. Druid Getafix reveals some odd insecurities about his potion-making abilities. It's a weird reading experience for Asterix fans. I don't blame us for rejecting ...more
Tina Cousins
not as funny as others
Elizabeth S
Not the best Asterix book. The flow is a little jumpy. Instead of beginning with the little Gaulish village we know so well, we jump right to Asterix and Obelix in the forest. Several jumps like that make the story a little disjoint. But this is still an Asterix book, and there is still lots of good fun. And the English translators are thankfully still excellent. I enjoyed the reference to the "great Gallo-Roman actors Laurus and Hardius."
Ime'... Imelda
gue nggak terlalu suka sama asterix yang satu ini. menurut gue, ini udah far away nggak masuk akal.

ceritanya adalah ramuan ajaib Panoramix itu terkenal, bahkan sampe' ke luar angkasa. oleh karena itu, ada dua jargon luar angkasa yang datang ke bumi (tepatnya desa galia), untuk bisa ngedapet'in itu.

well, dari situ aja, gue udah males banget bacanya :) kurang bagus menurut gue. but yah, it's ok laaahhh :D
Devero
Una storia molto controversa.
Se da un lato non posso che apprezzare lo humor quasi britannico di quest'albo di Uderzo, e la sua visione di che cosa un fumetto dovrebbe essere, perché è di questo che ci parla l'autore, dei diversi stili di narrazione, ma senza dare un giudizio definitivo, dall'altro lato non posso che trovare scadente la trama. I disegni invece sono sempre superbi.
naqaa allawati
fun and hilarious ..
Bunga Mawar
Tumben2an di perpus sekolah ada Asterix edisi bahasa Inggris. Ceritanya agak maksa nih, jadi kurang lucu... mengenai kedatangan makhluk luar angkasa ke desanya orang2 Galia itu. Oh ya, tentu dengan bintang tamu para prajurit Romawi :)

*jadi kangen serial roswell*
Jelle
Its the kind of story that would fit really well in the "Donald Duck", weekly comic magazine as we have in the Netherlands. Aimed a younger "Disney" audience.

It's not bad per sé, it just doesn't live up to what you expect from a Asterix comic.
dennis
asterix & co. meet some strange (and disney-esque) aliens looking for the magic potion, believing it to be an ultimate weapon. very weak. actually only uderzo is doing the comic at this point. i'll stick to the earlier comics. thumbs down
Michel
If you haven't read any Astérix yet (quite a big stone you're living under), start with Légionnaire, les Goths or les Bretons.
Goscinny had a way with words and, well, Uderzo not so much.
Roberto Zanasi
Una storia di Asterix leggera, la trama non ha niente a che vedere con quella delle prime storie. Carina, ma niente di più. I disegni sono sempre belli, comunque.
  • Asterix and the Great Crossing (Asterix, #22)
Albert Uderzo is an illustrator best known for his collaborations with René Goscinny on series such as Asterix.
More about Albert Uderzo...

Asterix (1 - 10 of 35 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Asterix, #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix and the Big Fight (Asterix, #7)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)
Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26) Asterix and the Great Divide (Asterix #25) Asterix and Son (Asterix #27) Asterix and the Magic Carpet (Asterix #28) Asterix and the Actress (Asterix #31)