Start by marking “Asterix and the Falling Sky (Asterix #33)” as Want to Read:
Asterix and the Falling Sky (Asterix #33)

Asterix and the Falling Sky (Asterix #33)

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  1,476 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Asterix, the comic hero from the Roman era and the first international superhero, continues to conquer the world. With hundreds of millions of copies sold in 107 languages and dialects, not to mention 11,000 websites devoted to the character, these engagingly witty and record-breaking books have become one of the highest-selling series ever. And the phenomenon shows no sig...more
Published November 28th 2006 by Orion (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Asterix and the Falling Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asterix and the Falling Sky

Dirk Grobbelaar
I've always loved the Asterix books. I grew up on a literary staple of Tintin and Asterix so this kind of thing will always have a place on my shelf. However... this was disappointing. The satire and historical Easter Eggs that these books are famous for are blatantly absent. True, there is some humour, but it's not the clever humour you'd expect from an Asterix story.

I could probably go on like this indefinitely. The long and short is: some things don't mix. Oil and water. Asterix and Space-Sh...more
Mathieu
Si j'ai pas mis zéro, c'est en souvenir de mes jeunes années et de mes premiers pas de lecteurs avec Astérix...

Quelle honte ! Une histoire aussi scandaleusement mauvaise, j'aurai jamais cru en voir dans Astérix (et surtout pas du vivant d'un des deux créateurs). Le plus navrant dans tout ça, c'est qu'Uderzo ne se remet absolument pas en cause. Que personne n'est apprécié son travail, il s'en fout ! On a acheté, bon con.

Moi, je pense que j'en ai fini avec Astérix et ça me désole. Si le prochain...more
Bruce
Asterix the Falling Sky – a disaster of an Uderzo story; the Gaulish village is visited by competing alien races respectively intended to represent Disney and manga cartoon styles (evenly-matched, you see)
Nisha D'lima
Never thought I'd ever see an Asterix book I did not like, thought that the writer took advantage of the waves of fame and decided to milk it for nothing. Worst storyline, did not like the illustrations, honestly did not know where the story was going. Horrid horrid horrid
Jay
This was a disappointing addition to the Asterix universe. It's an awkwardly combined universe, the Gauls and spacemen, and it just doesn't sit right. This might be a fun read for children, but for myself and other Asterix fans, it's a little bit more than bad.
Federiken Masters
Jan 12, 2014 Federiken Masters rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Casi nadie
Recommended to Federiken by: Estúpido completismo
Antes de sonar fundamentalista, dos aclaraciones: El dibujo sigue siendo bonito y tiene un par de escenas que me hicieron amagar una sonrisa. Listo.
Ahora, que fluya la rabia: Este álbum es un insulto a los lectores de manga (y a los japoneses en general, representados por un bicho amarillo desagradable), un insulto a los lectores de cómic yanqui (que bastante tienen sintiéndose insultados permanentemente por sus propios personajes), y -sobre todo- un insulto a todos los lectores de Asterix. Como...more
Karhum Ghassan
Lol that's what this book make me say so funny and why does a nagma ride on o hover bike while it has wings and that little purple midget lol............................
Polly
The Asterix books by Uderzo have all been way below the standard of the Goscinny and Uderzo ones, but this is an all-time low. Truly lousy.
Sheb
René Gosciny à du se retourner dans sa tombe...
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
Monica Pereira
Oh I didn't like that... Aliens (even mickey mouse aliens) are a big no no in an asterix story.
Saint No Stopping Us

Three out of ten. CBR format.

The gauls are suddenly confronted by two sets of warring aliens. Can they bring intergalactic peace to the skies?

Azur
Leider reicht dieser Band nicht annähernd an die übliche Asterix-Qualität heran. Der intelligente Humor fehlt einfach.
Becca
A friend had recommended the Asterix series to me, mainly for it's wordplay. When I found some of the books at the library, I picked a random one and brought it home. I should have paid slightly more attention because it turns out this one was done after one half of the Asterix writing duo had died, so I have a feeling it wasn't as amusing and interesting. I did enjoy some of the wordplay, and I generally liked the story, but I had hoped for more. I shall try a different Asterix book, except I'l...more
Elizabeth S
Not the best Asterix book. The flow is a little jumpy. Instead of beginning with the little Gaulish village we know so well, we jump right to Asterix and Obelix in the forest. Several jumps like that make the story a little disjoint. But this is still an Asterix book, and there is still lots of good fun. And the English translators are thankfully still excellent. I enjoyed the reference to the "great Gallo-Roman actors Laurus and Hardius."
Ime'... Imelda
gue nggak terlalu suka sama asterix yang satu ini. menurut gue, ini udah far away nggak masuk akal.

ceritanya adalah ramuan ajaib Panoramix itu terkenal, bahkan sampe' ke luar angkasa. oleh karena itu, ada dua jargon luar angkasa yang datang ke bumi (tepatnya desa galia), untuk bisa ngedapet'in itu.

well, dari situ aja, gue udah males banget bacanya :) kurang bagus menurut gue. but yah, it's ok laaahhh :D
Devero
Una storia molto controversa.
Se da un lato non posso che apprezzare lo humor quasi britannico di quest'albo di Uderzo, e la sua visione di che cosa un fumetto dovrebbe essere, perché è di questo che ci parla l'autore, dei diversi stili di narrazione, ma senza dare un giudizio definitivo, dall'altro lato non posso che trovare scadente la trama. I disegni invece sono sempre superbi.
naqaa allawati
fun and hilarious ..
Bunga Mawar
Tumben2an di perpus sekolah ada Asterix edisi bahasa Inggris. Ceritanya agak maksa nih, jadi kurang lucu... mengenai kedatangan makhluk luar angkasa ke desanya orang2 Galia itu. Oh ya, tentu dengan bintang tamu para prajurit Romawi :)

*jadi kangen serial roswell*
dennis
asterix & co. meet some strange (and disney-esque) aliens looking for the magic potion, believing it to be an ultimate weapon. very weak. actually only uderzo is doing the comic at this point. i'll stick to the earlier comics. thumbs down
Roberto Zanasi
Una storia di Asterix leggera, la trama non ha niente a che vedere con quella delle prime storie. Carina, ma niente di più. I disegni sono sempre belli, comunque.
Gregg Smith
Probably the worst Asterix book Written.
There's no place for Aliens and Superman clones. The book was also lacking the humour of the earlier ones.
Amber Skantz
I love Asterix, but this one wasn't quite to my taste. I didn't like the modern sci-fi-ish spin on it. But still pretty funny.
Clicque
qu'Ast�rix et son fid�le ami Ob�lix ne quitteront pas leur Armorique, qu'il y aura des Romains, des Pirates et un banquet final.
Derek Baldwin
Unfortunately I have to say that this is the worst Asterix book, far too full of unfunny anachronisms.
✿ Deni
I love Asterix books, but this one was really bizarre, with all those aliens; not my favourite...
Matt
This was my least favorite Astérix ever. It had aliens, rockets and superman look alikes.
Indra
Having aliens in an Asterix story is not really a good idea, methinks.
Steph
Nicht so gut wie normal. Ich mochte die Aliens nicht so sehr.
  • Asterix and the Vikings
Albert Uderzo is an illustrator best known for his collaborations with René Goscinny on series such as Asterix.
More about Albert Uderzo...
Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26) Asterix and the Great Divide (Asterix #25) Asterix and Son (Asterix #27) Asterix and the Magic Carpet (Asterix #28) Asterix and the Secret Weapon (Asterix #29)