Start by marking “Dumbo” as Want to Read:
Dumbo

Dumbo (Disney Diecut Classics)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  280 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Dumbo, der kleine Elefant mit den riesigen Ohren, fühlt sich sehr einsam - bis eine freundlich kleine Maus sein Leben ändert. Wird sein neuer Freund ihm dabei helfen, der Star des Zirkus zu werden?
Published August 1st 1987 by Mouse Works (first published January 1st 1943)

To ask other readers questions about Dumbo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dumbo

Natalie
I've never been a fan of the circus and I probably won't any time soon. Dumbo was probably the first Disney animated film that was not based off a fairy tale or a book but was an original story by Disney. So what is the story?

A circus elephant named Mrs. Jumbo receives her baby who has abnormally large ears. So naturally he is made fun of and is frowned upon by the other elephants who shun him. But when a couple of kids come and look at the elephants a couple of boys tease Dumbo and the teasing
Dakotah Sporing
This book can be used to teach young students to be kind to everybody even if they don't look exactly like you or talk like you. it tells the classic story of dumbo and how he is made fun of for his large ears. I chose this book because many students probably heard of it but may have not read it, it also shows good lessons in it.
Brooke
May 05, 2015 Brooke added it
This is about a baby elephant who is in a circus with his mom. This elephant gets made fun of for his overly large ears. Dumbo and his knew friend Timothy the mouse make the best of his large ears and teach dumbo how to fly and now dumbo gets treated great and everyone likes him.
Annabel
I love dumbo - not sure if my 2 year old understands it quite yet but I am hoping he loves it as much as me
Leonardo
Feb 10, 2015 Leonardo marked it as read-in-part  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: garcia
Era de mi padre.
Brooklyn Tayla
Oh I love that beautiful elephant :')
Susan Bazzett-griffith
Adam says, "I liked everything about this book-- the pictures and everything else. Its about Dumbo the flying elephant and the ringmaster turned him into a clown and people were laughing at him. Dumbo didn't stay a clown. He learned to fly and became the star of the circus."
Megan
Dec 31, 2011 Megan rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Disney movie
A picture book version of the Disney movie. Will be most enjoyable to children who have seen the movie as most scenes are so briefly summarized that it can be hard to follow at times.
Theresa
a short retelling of the movie version of the story, with simple words and pictures from the disney movie..
Arezu
Never liked this story.I dont know why.its just always made me mad!if doesnt make sense to me!
Noirfifre
Who wouldn't like an elephant which flys with his huge ears :D.
Kenneth Flores
Another awesome Mouse Works book to read!
Shadow
A great children's book
Komal
Sep 13, 2014 Komal added it
Shelves: childhood
Dumbo was a beautiful film.
Cws
OS-DIS
kelly
kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
  • Disney's Lady and the Tramp: Classic Storybook
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid: Classic Storybook
  • Three Little Pigs (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)
  • Mickey Mouse's Picnic
  • The Poky Little Puppy's First Christmas
  • Disney's Storybook Collection
  • Curious George Takes a Train
  • Toy Story 2: A read-aloud storybook
  • The Berenstain Bears Go Out to Eat
  • Disney Tangled (Little Golden Book)
  • Disney's Princess Storybook Collection: Love and Friendship Stories
  • Down by the Cool of the Pool
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer)
  • Mooncake
  • The Animals' Christmas Eve
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast
  • Merry Christmas, Mouse!
  • Clifford at the Circus
Note: The decision was made to consolidate all Disney publications under the name Walt Disney Company. This profile is for Walt Disney, the characters he created, and the company he founded. Any questions, please ask in the Librarian's Group.

Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966) was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur,
More about Walt Disney Company...

Disney Diecut Classics (4 books)
  • Alice In Wonderland (Disney Diecut Classics)
  • Mickey Mouse Adventure Tales and Stories (Disney Classics)
  • The Royal Family: A Year By Year Chronicle of the
Dumbo: A Little Golden Book Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Little Golden Book) Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading) Bambi (Disney Bambi) Aladdin (Disney's Wonderful World of Reading)