Start by marking “The Lion's Woman” as Want to Read:
The Lion's Woman

Read eBook* *Different edition

The Lion's Woman

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,035 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
When Kelly Scott rescues a man under attack by a roaming gang, she has no idea that it will change the course of her life, but she begins to form an inkling when she discovers he is not of Earth. It isn't until she finds herself aboard the haden ship, bound for New Ducran, however, that she realizes how tenuous her position is. The mission she has stumbled upon is to secur ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by New Concepts Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Lion's Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lion's Woman

Daisiemae
May 06, 2008 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Great Erotic Romantic Sci-Fi/Paranormal Lovers...Even if you aren't you should check it out!
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Julie (jjmachshev)
Shelves: erotica, fantasy
Wow...does Kaitlyn O'Connor write a bad book? (I blame Julie for this obsession) This is definately a must read by her. The relationship that grows between Tau and Kelly was built up perfectly, throughout the book.
Kelly is a smart, strong heroine. She is NOT a shrinking violet AND I liked that she tried to make the best of her situtation...regardless of the possible outcome. She is no victim...and she definately fights for what she wants.
Tau was a great hero. He's handsome (especially for an a
Katrina
Jan 04, 2014 Katrina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There are several things about this book I found totally unpalatable:

1. Does not matter how you swing it, a non- consensual sex in my book is called rape. The fact that it happened twice in the first part of the book and on both occasions our heroine was deliberately restrained did not sit well with me at all.

2. The way women who, while placed in unimaginable situation, turned on one of their own under guise of self-preservation was totally off-putting: call me naive, but I have a better opinion
Carolyn F.
Jun 30, 2012 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, erotic, sfr
This author sure mixes it up. This is the first of her books where the hero is not instantly attracted to or even wants the heroine, but feels he'll just do the minimum so she isn't hurt. Well, it all blows up in his (and mostly her) face and so they have to try to keep her alive. Great book, gradual romance even though the first sexual encounter happens pretty quickly.
Cynthia
Feb 08, 2010 Cynthia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. Had an intriguing start (Kelly "saves" Tau from a gang mugging) and went all downhill from there. Off a cliff. Straight into a canyon. With jagged rocks and broken glass at the bottom. And snakes.

I'm almost mad that I wasted enough time to finish it.
Lyndi
Sep 09, 2012 Lyndi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jesus Christ, that's one of the worst covers I've ever seen. That dude is no way looks leonine.

Anyway, I was clearing out my Kindle and found this, decided to give it a shot without checking the blurb first. Imagine my surprise to find it's a story about Leonine aliens abducting and impregnating women from Earth. And they speak very little English.

It was really quite bizarre, trying to understand what the guys were trying to say with their choppy English. The story seemed to rely heavily on expl
Netanella
First line: It was the worst part of the city to be in at 2:00 AM.

When Kelly rescues a stranger in a bad part of the city, she didn't realize at the time that her decision would be a life-changing one. The man she rescues is not really a man, but a member of a team of aliens who have come to Earth to locate females suitable for mating after the destruction of their own home world.

This alien abduction theme is typical O'Connor, as are the themes of dubious consent (whatever that really means) and
Jacqueline
Just did a reread of this. Liked it just as well the second time.

A really good sci fi romance read. The writing was tight and the plot made sense. The characterization was interesting with the hero having to overcome some racist tendencies against the heroine. This was mostly a story about a developing relationship with a sci fi background where ships and interstellar politics etc., were not important to the story. The hero was very caring of the heroine once he overcame his first reluctance. Th
Spuffed
Not my favorite from this author but I did find the whole progression of the relationship interesting and I'm always a sucker for surviving the wild type of stories and this made me give a 4 star rating to what have been a 3 star rating.

I read this weeks ago so I can't give a typical review but will highlight points I remember.

1. Like Carolyn F. stated in her review, I appreciated that this wasn't an insta-love type of book. It became gradual and that's unique in the genre. It felt more realisti
Anemone
Dec 20, 2010 Anemone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favourite of all of Kaitlyn O'Connor's books. I think it's because the hero is intelligent and we are shown how he grows to love the heroine, beyond his initial attraction, and in spite of his misgivings.
His taking care of the heroine and his burial of the dead cub to my mind show his grief and love.
Just lovely, the best.
Pamela(AllHoney)
I enjoy this author's ability to pull in the reader. A satisfying sci-fi, erotic read.
Nenya
Jan 08, 2016 Nenya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnr
*dnr, never-to-read, but i'm giving it a shot.

*H impregnates h; skipped over those two scenes.

*omg!! alien men come to earth, pick up 4 women, and accidentally, the h.... and guess what, she had 'bad genes' aka 'not blonde'!! ugh. i don't mind it when aliens are oohing and aahing over pale gold hair, but i have serious issues about 'dark hair = bad genes'.

*also, i'd rather not have alien bad guy paired up with an innocent earthling :| (Tin and Lovey). (Tin is the one trying to 'claim' Kelly as w
Lyn
I would have rated this 5 stars but the ending felt rushed. I wish the story was at least another 25 pages longer. I loved the H and h and the cast of characters. I loved that the author made this story feel real by keeping the language barrier going and showing progression. I really wish the author would make this into a series.
Dilemma
Jun 10, 2016 Dilemma rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow really...
Think of a romance book scene that heroine tries to help an alien, they kidnap her. Bound her to a table face down, ass in the air. Hero is fucking her but hating it because he is disgusted that he desires an alien. At the same time, she is miscarying her child, having an orgasm and falling in love. The guy in charge of the operation is yelling in his own language and telling her to cook for them even though their food does not require cooking, her fellon abducted human friends snic
Özge
Jun 18, 2015 Özge rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To be honest I have conflicting opinions on this book. Due to that god awful cover and the inefficient blurb I thought this was one of those badly written, mindless smuts. So the existence of a relatively accomplished plot and round characters took me by a pleasant surprise. So did the fact that Kaitlyn O'Connor can write.
There are two cases of rape in the books which pissed me off, but I was too sleepy to get worked up on it, but if for most people it might be a turn off. I liked that unlike m
Kitt
Apr 23, 2014 Kitt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelly saves Tau, Tau returns the favour when the choice comes to killing or abducting her. He chooses to abduct her and become a part of the experiment to attempt to populate and expand the genepool on New Ducran. Some of the challanges faced by the couple are heart-breaking.
'Oddur' is my new favourite word. I really like the story except for the rape aspect in the begining. The idea that 4 out of 5 of the women were raped and forcefully impregnated as well as abducted in order to make them more
Erin Kyle
Apr 05, 2013 Erin Kyle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story, and I was intrigued the entire time.
I love Kelly and Tau.
The story was marvelously paced and well-written, with more plot than sex (shocker, since this is considered an erotic novel!)

Don't misunderstand me, there were a few sex scenes, and they were niiiiiice, but I also really liked the story.

Will definitely be re-reading and, in the grand scheme of things, that's best recommendation I can make.
Omega696
I didn't like first part of the book, but from the moment they landed on Tau's planet things got more interesting. It was a nice read even if there were loopholes left at the end of the story.
Ladymcbeth
HEA ... good bookk, but the end is really easy !
ShortyS
Jun 13, 2016 ShortyS rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-r-aliens
I really liked this book. A nice, easy and fast read. It wasn’t too slow nor too fast, it had just enough suspense and no annoying melodrama, it was refreshingly realistic in many ways other SF romance lack. There have been some objectionable things like their first two sexual encounters, but it was never made an issue, not for her nor him and not even the situations itself had a mentioning part in the book, so it was easy to overlook them.
I especially liked their language problem, that they had
Leyla
Dec 20, 2014 Leyla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beverly Richards
What love about this author's writing was that you could feel the emotions express by the character as if it was your own. For instance I felt how scared both Kelly and Tau was when Tau had to go back to Lantet to gather more supplies when they realized that Kelly was pregnant again and she needed a healthy diet for a pregnant woman. I also love how the story was weaved. And that was what made it an enjoyable read.
Lisa
Jan 30, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Kelly Scott rescues a man under attack by a roaming gang, she has no idea that it will change the course of her life, but she begins to form an inkling when she discovers he is not of Earth. It isn’t until she finds herself aboard the haden ship, bound for New Ducran, however, that she realizes how tenuous her position is. The mission she has stumbled upon is to secure wives for the New Ducranian colonists—but Kelly wasn’t chosen, and she has no way of knowing if she can convince Tau that s ...more
Michelle Grant
Better than expected

I thought I was buy smut. I was surprised with the character development and the Tarzan and Jane like relationship that developed.
Renee
Very sweet, likable, although occasionally frustrating characters. Story had a good flow and great HEA
Miriam
Oct 18, 2015 Miriam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved this book. ending was a bit abrupt though. Wish author would make this book into a series.
Melanie
Feb 01, 2014 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a while since I read a story that wasn't insta love, I enjoyed this.
Elb4966
Apr 11, 2016 Elb4966 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rape is not sexy or romantic.
Hollie
Feb 28, 2016 Hollie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't bad. 3.5 stars
Sonya Tedesco
Feb 12, 2015 Sonya Tedesco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

Another great book from this amazing author. I don't really know what to say except that I just couldn't put this book down. An interesting twist to aliens raiding earth whom had to start everything from the beginning for the sake of survival. Awesome! I felt so sad when Kelly lost her first baby, I felt her pain, but I suppose that is where this author's strengths lay...making the readers feel for the characters through the good and the bad of reality. Great book. Stimulating until the end.
  • Ja-Rael's Lioness
  • Starkissed
  • Eden (Eden, #1)
  • Captured
  • Alien, Mine
  • Of Another Dimension
  • Planet X
  • Arena Station (Champions of Terra, #1)
  • The Melier (Women of Dor Nye, #1)
  • Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1)
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals, #1)
  • Demon's Captive (War Tribe, #1)
  • Belle Starr
  • Melting Iron (Cyborg Seduction, #3)
  • Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)
  • The Savage King (Lords of the Var, #1)
  • Breeding Ground
  • Alien Redemption (Clans of Kalquor, #6)
Also known as Kaitlyn O'Connor

Born on a bayou, Angelique Anjou’s roots are cajun, but she makes her home now in the foothills of the Smokies, where she lives with her husband and son. As a late blooming Trekkie, science fiction and fantasy are the tales she cut her teeth on, and the genres, next to romance, that are most dear to her heart.
More about Angelique Anjou...