Start by marking “Megan's Mate (The Calhouns, #5)” as Want to Read:
Megan's Mate (The Calhouns, #5)

Megan's Mate (The Calhouns #5)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  1,433 ratings  ·  23 reviews
HER HEART WAS A FORTRESS ....

The Calhouns had given sister-in-law Megan O'Riley and her young son a new life. All she wanted now was to put her shameful past behind her--so she buried her passions beneath businesslike efficiency and buttoned-up reserve and vowed never, ever, to let her heart lead her astray again.

Rugged family friend Nathaniel Fury set his course for Megan
Mass Market Paperback, 250 pages
Published October 1st 1996 by Silhouette (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Megan's Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Megan's Mate

Jaime
This final installment in the series was much more romance than mystery. At this point, the mystery of what happened to Bianca has been solved, her emeralds have been recovered, and the hotel has been finished and is opened. Megan, who is not a Calhoun sister, but a sister-in-law, and whose son shares a father with Suzanna’s children, has come to join the family and work at the hotel. This book tells her love story, with a few problems with her son’s father thrown in. It was a good epilogue to t ...more
Rita Kayla
I enjoyed this book as much as the others even if the mystery and the thief had ended in the previous one. Megan is a troubled woman.. and who could blame her after what she's been through? She had a bad experience at 17, the phase where a girl starts to become a woman. However, her bad experience gave her a gift, her son. And I would say it gave her 2 gifts, the other being Nate. Everything in a life leads somewhere and the things in her life, well, led her to him.
As for Nate, he had an abusive
Duncan Mandel
Available digitally for the first time. A woman scorned by love finds a man who reawakens her heart in an unforgettable story from #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. Cool as an Atlantic breeze, Calhoun sister-in-law Megan O’Riley has buried her passions deep and vowed never to let her heart lead her astray again. But when boat captain Nate Fury sails into her life, not even Megan’s resistance can divert him. Faced with Nate’s formidable charms, Megan seems destined to be swept aw ...more
Ayu Wirdha
Even Aunt Coco (Cordelia) must be HEA too.

Di buku 4 dan 5, the bad guy-nya adalah Baxter jadi dia muncul terus mungkin supaya lebih seru ga monoton hanya romance antara Megan dan Nate.

Buku 5 ini penghabisan jadi lumayan juga mendapat sedikit kilasan bertambahnya keluarga Calloun dgn lahirnya anak2 mereka.

Colleen - anak pertama dari Bianca dan Fergus, muncul juga dgn karakter yg kasar, rese tp sebenernya have soft heart.
Cathy
I wasn't going to read this, because I wasn't particularly enamoured by Megan when we met her in one of the previous books, plus the mystery of the emeralds had already been solved.

But then I did. Call it unwillingness to leave a series unfinished, or just having no idea what to start next, but in any case, aunt Colleen showed up again which made this into a 2-star read. Everything else just failed to keep my attention for very long.
Rie_dominique
Megan diundang untuk datang ke The Towers, Maine, untuk menjadi akuntan yang mengurus bagian hotel. dengan mempertimbangkan Kevin, anaknya, akan tinggal dekat dengan saudara-saudaranya, Megan menerima tawaran tersebut.

Disana ia bertemu dengan Nate, rekan bisnis Sloan, yang tertarik kepadanya. tetapi karena peristiwa masa lalu yang menyakitkan, Megan ragu untuk membuka hatinya. ia sudah bertekad untuk membentengi hatinya dan tidak mengulangi kesalahan yang sama.

Tetapi Nate bukanlah pria yang muda
Xiki71
Para pasar la tarde es un libro bastante completito. Eso sí, es un harlequín así que no esperéis grandes dramas. La serie en general es entretenida, más que otras de la misma autora editadas por Harlequin.
Maria
The fifth and last book of the Calhoun sisters. The whole book was like an epilogue, you found out how the other marriages had worked out. The book is full of babies and happy stories about The Resort (smartly named "The Resort", oh my...).
This book is about Megan, who is a sister-in-law, and her meeting the charismatic Nathaniel. And, no, it didn´t work for me. It was tedious and very predictable. A pity really, because I liked the earlier books. Could be that the mystery story with finding th
Renee
Needed a quick reread. Loved the Calhouns. And Nate is dreamy!
Sassy
Really good.
Stephanie Compagnoni
LOVED LOVED THIS SERIES!!!! LOVE THESE GIRLS AND THEIR MEN!!!!!! Glad everything ended on an amazing note and the mysteries solved!!! I wish there was more to the story!!!!
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
Not sure how Ms. Roberts uses her formula for siblings finding their mates over and over again. Yet each time, it still is endearing to me. I enjoyed this one. I think it's because Ms. Robert's siblings shows the good and some of the bad, yet at the end the family loyalty and unity wins. This is a fantasy I enjoy and wish could have happened for me. In the Calhouns, Megan who is related by marriage is still included in the "club". Nick was an okay guy and I'm glad they had their happily ever aft ...more
Sandra
Idiota como só eu sou li este volume primeiro... que é nada mais, nada menos do que...

O ÚLTIMO DA SÉRIE

Retirando esta nabice minhá, só tenho a dizer que adorei este livro.
O que para mim é surpreendente, tratando-se um livro da Harlequin. Fico sempre com aquela sensação do gostei mas queria mais.
Xtntm
Technically neither Megan nor Nathaniel are Calhouns, I like the storytelling ---- simple yet entertaining because of all the other characters whom you've already gotten to know in the other books in this series, they are all here.
Sonia Cristina
Megan foi outra mulher que sofreu pelo mesmo homem que Suzanna, que raparigas azaradas. Este romance também foi muito querido, gostei especialmente do pouco enredo por trás do romance.

Uma pequena série que me surpreendeu.
Lauri
The book was good, but very much the conclusion of the series. I think I read as much about the previous 4 heroines nursing as I did about the current stars. Nice if you like me just like to have an entire series.
Megan
Hey, the heroine has the same name as me, and the book is by Nora Roberts! How could I resist?!
Lesli
Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance.
Filipa
Ah, foi um final muito morno. Fiquei um pouco desiludida.
Diva
the last book of the series.satisfying end.
Kathy Mcpherson
Enjoyed the serious but glad to move on.
Heather
Good one. Great end to the series.
Marianne
A good ending to the series.
Amly
Amly marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
donna moyer
donna moyer marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Carla
Carla added it
Jan 24, 2015
Vinavimal
Vinavimal marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • Husband by the Hour (Silhouette Special Edition, #1099)
  • Sean's Reckoning
  • Deadly Affairs (Francesca Cahill Deadly #3)
  • A Callahan Carol
  • An Arabian Courtship
  • The Sheikh's Rebellious Mistress (Sheikh Tycoons, #3)
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • Dangerous Cravings (Dangerous Cravings, #1)
  • Sweet Baby
  • Turning Up the Heat (La Vie en Roses, #0.5)
  • The Bad Luck Wedding Cake (Bad Luck Brides, #2)
  • Suspicious
  • Impetuous
  • Moonrise
  • Untouched (Silver Creek, #2)
  • All Night with the Boss
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

The Calhouns (5 books)
  • Courting Catherine (Calhouns #1)
  • A Man for Amanda (Calhouns #2)
  • For the Love of Lilah (Calhouns #3)
  • Suzanna's Surrender (Calhouns #4)

“Don't worry."... "We are right behind you."
"Notice," Lilah added with a smile, "the direction is behind.”
8 likes
“Grown-ups get lonely at night, and they like to have someone to sleep with. Like Mom and Daddy do. I have my bear," she continued, referring to her favorite stuffed animal. "So I don't get lonely.” 1 likes