Start by marking “Megan's Mate (The Calhouns, #5)” as Want to Read:
Megan's Mate (The Calhouns, #5)

Megan's Mate (The Calhouns #5)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  1,641 ratings  ·  32 reviews

The Calhouns had given sister-in-law Megan O'Riley and her young son a new life. All she wanted now was to put her shameful past behind her--so she buried her passions beneath businesslike efficiency and buttoned-up reserve and vowed never, ever, to let her heart lead her astray again.

Rugged family friend Nathaniel Fury set his course for Megan
Mass Market Paperback, 250 pages
Published October 1st 1996 by Silhouette (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Megan's Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Megan's Mate

This is another book in the Calhoun series. Written so that I want there to be lots more Calhouns that she can write about. I know there are a few more in the series. Definitely wan to read them.
I am not a great fan of the star-crossed lovers and love at the first sight ideas and, as long as I love all books by Nora Roberts, I prefer her later ones. But this one was quite good for a category romance written in 90's.

There is not much to write about this book. It was very short, so the romance part was definitely undeveloped. I wish Nate and Megan had more time to get to know each other. But the characters were really likeable. I have already read some other books in this series, so I kno
This final installment in the series was much more romance than mystery. At this point, the mystery of what happened to Bianca has been solved, her emeralds have been recovered, and the hotel has been finished and is opened. Megan, who is not a Calhoun sister, but a sister-in-law, and whose son shares a father with Suzanna’s children, has come to join the family and work at the hotel. This book tells her love story, with a few problems with her son’s father thrown in. It was a good epilogue to t ...more
Rita Kayla
I enjoyed this book as much as the others even if the mystery and the thief had ended in the previous one. Megan is a troubled woman.. and who could blame her after what she's been through? She had a bad experience at 17, the phase where a girl starts to become a woman. However, her bad experience gave her a gift, her son. And I would say it gave her 2 gifts, the other being Nate. Everything in a life leads somewhere and the things in her life, well, led her to him.
As for Nate, he had an abusive
Ayu Wirdha
Even Aunt Coco (Cordelia) must be HEA too.

Di buku 4 dan 5, the bad guy-nya adalah Baxter jadi dia muncul terus mungkin supaya lebih seru ga monoton hanya romance antara Megan dan Nate.

Buku 5 ini penghabisan jadi lumayan juga mendapat sedikit kilasan bertambahnya keluarga Calloun dgn lahirnya anak2 mereka.

Colleen - anak pertama dari Bianca dan Fergus, muncul juga dgn karakter yg kasar, rese tp sebenernya have soft heart.
I wasn't going to read this, because I wasn't particularly enamoured by Megan when we met her in one of the previous books, plus the mystery of the emeralds had already been solved.

But then I did. Call it unwillingness to leave a series unfinished, or just having no idea what to start next, but in any case, aunt Colleen showed up again which made this into a 2-star read. Everything else just failed to keep my attention for very long.
Megan diundang untuk datang ke The Towers, Maine, untuk menjadi akuntan yang mengurus bagian hotel. dengan mempertimbangkan Kevin, anaknya, akan tinggal dekat dengan saudara-saudaranya, Megan menerima tawaran tersebut.

Disana ia bertemu dengan Nate, rekan bisnis Sloan, yang tertarik kepadanya. tetapi karena peristiwa masa lalu yang menyakitkan, Megan ragu untuk membuka hatinya. ia sudah bertekad untuk membentengi hatinya dan tidak mengulangi kesalahan yang sama.

Tetapi Nate bukanlah pria yang muda
Megan O'Riley and Nathaniel Fury's story. This the final book of the Calhoun series. Megan is Sloan O'Riley's sister. Sloan is married to Amanda Calhoun. She comes to join the family and be the Tower's Retreat's accountant. She meets Holt Bradford's friend and partner, Nathaniel Fury. Sparks fly.
Janeva Bledsoe
Loved it. A fitting and exciting conclusion to the 5 book group. Read them all start to finish and you have the feeling of closure and happiness

Read it. Love it. And enjoy the excitement on every page. Nora Roberts scores big again, as she always does.
Lisa Thomas
The fourth book in the Nora Roberts collection of the Calhoun sisters. It made the ending even better. I did not realize that this book even existed. Nora is fascinating as always. If you like Nora, find the McGregor books you will love them
Para pasar la tarde es un libro bastante completito. Eso sí, es un harlequín así que no esperéis grandes dramas. La serie en general es entretenida, más que otras de la misma autora editadas por Harlequin.
The cover! GAH, I swear the covers keep getting more and more awful. It's a wonder anyone read books in the 80s. Would've given it four stars for a bit more closure in some areas.
Pam H
The Calhoun ladies rally around Megan who was left pregnant by the lout Suzanna had married. She moves to the island and finds love with a sea faring hero. Sweet and I like the way the author tied up the loose ends of the series - but once again - these men are magical because Megan was in love within days of meeting her man.
Tanya Simon
I loved this book, because unlike many Nora(s) we got closure. We know what happens next. I can't say more without a spoiler alert.
The fifth and last book of the Calhoun sisters. The whole book was like an epilogue, you found out how the other marriages had worked out. The book is full of babies and happy stories about The Resort (smartly named "The Resort", oh my...).
This book is about Megan, who is a sister-in-law, and her meeting the charismatic Nathaniel. And, no, it didnt work for me. It was tedious and very predictable. A pity really, because I liked the earlier books. Could be that the mystery story with finding the
Needed a quick reread. Loved the Calhouns. And Nate is dreamy!
This was a good companion novel to the Calhoun sisters books. Classic Nora.
Jennifer Brown
Nice, quick read romance book. There wasn't as much action-type stuff that I was hoping for, but at least I got my romance :-D
Really good.
LOVED LOVED THIS SERIES!!!! LOVE THESE GIRLS AND THEIR MEN!!!!!! Glad everything ended on an amazing note and the mysteries solved!!! I wish there was more to the story!!!!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Not sure how Ms. Roberts uses her formula for siblings finding their mates over and over again. Yet each time, it still is endearing to me. I enjoyed this one. I think it's because Ms. Robert's siblings shows the good and some of the bad, yet at the end the family loyalty and unity wins. This is a fantasy I enjoy and wish could have happened for me. In the Calhouns, Megan who is related by marriage is still included in the "club". Nick was an okay guy and I'm glad they had their happily ever aft ...more
Idiota como só eu sou li este volume primeiro... que é nada mais, nada menos do que...

Retirando esta nabice minhá, só tenho a dizer que adorei este livro.
O que para mim é surpreendente, tratando-se um livro da Harlequin. Fico sempre com aquela sensação do gostei mas queria mais.
Technically neither Megan nor Nathaniel are Calhouns, I like the storytelling ---- simple yet entertaining because of all the other characters whom you've already gotten to know in the other books in this series, they are all here.
Sonia Cristina
Megan foi outra mulher que sofreu pelo mesmo homem que Suzanna, que raparigas azaradas. Este romance também foi muito querido, gostei especialmente do pouco enredo por trás do romance.

Uma pequena série que me surpreendeu.
The book was good, but very much the conclusion of the series. I think I read as much about the previous 4 heroines nursing as I did about the current stars. Nice if you like me just like to have an entire series.
Hey, the heroine has the same name as me, and the book is by Nora Roberts! How could I resist?!
Good not great. Fairly typical contemporary romance.
Ah, foi um final muito morno. Fiquei um pouco desiludida.
the last book of the series.satisfying end.
Kathy Mcpherson
Enjoyed the serious but glad to move on.
  • Dial Emmy for Murder (Soap Opera Mystery, #2)
  • Above and Beyond
  • Her Outlaw (Bad Luck Brides, #7)
  • A Callahan Carol
  • The Sheik's Arranged Marriage (Desert Rogues, #2) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1324)
  • Ryan's Place  (The Devaneys #1)
  • Hidden Love
  • The Sheikh's Rebellious Mistress (Sheikh Tycoons, #3)
  • Expecting His Royal Baby (The Royal House of Niroli, #5)
  • Suspicious
  • Sweet Baby
  • A Man to Die For (Undercover Cops, #2)
  • The Sex on the Beach Book Club
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

The Calhouns (5 books)
  • Courting Catherine (Calhouns #1)
  • A Man for Amanda (Calhouns #2)
  • For the Love of Lilah (Calhouns #3)
  • Suzanna's Surrender (Calhouns #4)

“Don't worry."... "We are right behind you."
"Notice," Lilah added with a smile, "the direction is behind.”
“Grown-ups get lonely at night, and they like to have someone to sleep with. Like Mom and Daddy do. I have my bear," she continued, referring to her favorite stuffed animal. "So I don't get lonely.” 1 likes