Start by marking “Star Trek Enterprise: Last Full Measure” as Want to Read:
Star Trek Enterprise: Last Full Measure

Star Trek Enterprise: Last Full Measure (Star Trek: Enterprise #10)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  177 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Without warning or provocation an alien weapon appears above Earth and unleashes a blast that kills millions across two continents. A second such weapon could destroy the entire planet. In a desperate bid to save Earth and its people, Starfleet must change its mission from one of peaceful exploration to one of military service.

Only the Starship Enterprise is fast enought
Published September 14th 2006 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek Enterprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek Enterprise

Triopticon
Robert Sparrenberger
The good: classic self contained Star Trek novel with a decent story and plot.

The bad: captain archer never, ever would have tortured that alien. The authors did a disservice to themselves by inserting politics into their dedication. They were trying to make a connection to the CIA and their enhanced interrogation techniques. Captain archer never would have done that.

For the record I don't want to know about whether you thought the Iraq war was justified or not. I'm reading your book because I
Camille
Okay, let's get to the point - it was wishy-washy. I only read the book because I was keen to read The Good That Men Do and Romulan War novels, and I figured I should cover the entire Enterprise relaunch from the start. And while I don't regret reading it, it was far from a masterpiece.

The premise of the story was good - the tension between Starfleet and the MACOs wasn't explored much in the TV series outside of Reed and Hayes bashing each other up, so Martin and Mangles evidently saw a good opp
Chiara
Well, lets say it was all right. Enjoyable, off-canon true, but still a fairly good read. It did drag a little at times, and I was slightly annoyed at the poor character development (particularly Travis, I can't recall how many times the fact he was a space-boomer was mentioned). I would recommend this to definite STE fans, otherwise steer clear.
Christopher
I think that this book would have been a lot stronger had I not read David Mack's Destiny trilogy first. This book definitely seems to write the book on the relationship that MACOs had with early Starfleet - but it does it through the eyes of Mayweather and Reed (more successfully with the former than the latter). Yet, I feel that if you really wanted a strong feel for the imposition of the MACOs on Enterprise's Starfleet, you should read David Mack's Destiny and give this one a pass.. It's a be ...more
David King
"Last Full Measure" by Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels was the first of the Enterprise re-launch novels to be released which continued telling original stories after the end of the TV series. Although I will clarify that outside the framing story, "Last Full Measure" is set firmly within the time period of the show and actually follows on quite well from the last Star Trek book I read, "The Expanse".

The central storyline is quite standard compared to most of the other stories set in Enterpr
Dan
An interesting and action-driven story, Last Full Measure was a fun read. However, the failure on the authors' parts to adhere to established Trek canon (character deaths, T'Pol's rank or lack thereof) were annoying and did take me out of the story somewhat. I understand that this is obsessive attention to detail, but I'm a Star Trek fan and this is a Star Trek novel; what do you expect? All of that said, Last Full Measure was worth reading, and the examination of the relationship between the St ...more
Angela
Set early on when the Mako's first turn up on Enterprise, this novel looks at the differences between Mako's and Starfleet. From having to share tiny rooms to having vastly different philosophies about everything. There's some nice character moments, and looks at how far they will go to save the Earth. The plot is the Enterprise trying to find the Xindi, and stumbling on a Xindi base. This is a decent enough story but it is the characters that will keep you reading. A good read.
Amy
ette
It's a Star Trek novel (yes, a theme in my current reads). But it's from the TV show Enterprise--a nightmare of Trek in my humble opinion. It's not an awful book, but I wasn't a big fan of ENT. I'll stop here before I get into geek-speak ramblings :)
James
Far better than much of the other books of this genre. It's an actual Sci Fi novel with political intrigue. But I would have gotten more out of it if I was more invested in this particular Star Trek (Archer/Enterprise) series.
Joseph Barnes
Great story line. This was an adventure not shown on the series but fits very well into the storyline. Has a surprise about one of the characters on the show who was "killed"...:)
Taylor
Pretty basic adaptation of a portion of the Enterprise series. Some new character and situations added, not a lot of surprises. First in the new relauch series.
Bobby Litton
Really great book! Surprising ending, but very awesome!
George Goode
George Goode marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
Caprice Procarione
Caprice Procarione marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Odis
Odis marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
John Cipolla
John Cipolla marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Sutekh
Sutekh marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
  • Rosetta (Star Trek: Enterprise #9)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • The Good That Men Do (Star Trek: Enterprise #11)
  • Surak's Soul (Star Trek: Enterprise #5)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)
  • Reap the Whirlwind (Star Trek: Vanguard, #3)
  • A Choice of Futures (Rise Of the Federation, #1) (Star Trek: Enterprise, #15)
  • Burning Dreams
  • Glass Empires (Star Trek: Mirror Universe)
  • The Art of the Impossible (Star Trek: The Lost Era, 2328-2346)
  • A Time to Harvest (Star Trek: The Next Generation: Time, #4)
  • Missing in Action (Star Trek: New Frontier, #16)
  • Serpents Among the Ruins (Star Trek: The Lost Era, 2311)

Star Trek: Enterprise (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)
  • What Price Honor? (Star Trek: Enterprise #4)
  • Surak's Soul (Star Trek: Enterprise #5)
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • Daedalus (Star Trek: Enterprise #7)
  • Daedalus's Children (Star Trek: Enterprise #8)
  • Rosetta (Star Trek: Enterprise #9)
  • The Good That Men Do (Star Trek: Enterprise #11)
Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan, #1) Seize the Fire (Star Trek: Typhon Pack, #2) Cathedral (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, #3) Kobayashi Maru (Star Trek: Enterprise #12) The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing (Star Trek: Enterprise #13)