Star Trek Enterprise: Last Full Measure

Star Trek Enterprise: Last Full Measure (Star Trek: Enterprise #10)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Without warning or provocation an alien weapon appears above Earth and unleashes a blast that kills millions across two continents. A second such weapon could destroy the entire planet. In a desperate bid to save Earth and its people, Starfleet must change its mission from one of peaceful exploration to one of military service.

Only the Starship Enterprise is fast enought...more
Published September 14th 2006 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek Enterprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek Enterprise

Triopticon
Robert Sparrenberger
The good: classic self contained Star Trek novel with a decent story and plot.

The bad: captain archer never, ever would have tortured that alien. The authors did a disservice to themselves by inserting politics into their dedication. They were trying to make a connection to the CIA and their enhanced interrogation techniques. Captain archer never would have done that.

For the record I don't want to know about whether you thought the Iraq war was justified or not. I'm reading your book because I...more
Chiara Scicluna
Well, lets say it was all right. Enjoyable, off-canon true, but still a fairly good read. It did drag a little at times, and I was slightly annoyed at the poor character development (particularly Travis, I can't recall how many times the fact he was a space-boomer was mentioned). I would recommend this to definite STE fans, otherwise steer clear.
David King
"Last Full Measure" by Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels was the first of the Enterprise re-launch novels to be released which continued telling original stories after the end of the TV series. Although I will clarify that outside the framing story, "Last Full Measure" is set firmly within the time period of the show and actually follows on quite well from the last Star Trek book I read, "The Expanse".

The central storyline is quite standard compared to most of the other stories set in Enterpr...more
Dan
An interesting and action-driven story, Last Full Measure was a fun read. However, the failure on the authors' parts to adhere to established Trek canon (character deaths, T'Pol's rank or lack thereof) were annoying and did take me out of the story somewhat. I understand that this is obsessive attention to detail, but I'm a Star Trek fan and this is a Star Trek novel; what do you expect? All of that said, Last Full Measure was worth reading, and the examination of the relationship between the St...more
Angela
Set early on when the Mako's first turn up on Enterprise, this novel looks at the differences between Mako's and Starfleet. From having to share tiny rooms to having vastly different philosophies about everything. There's some nice character moments, and looks at how far they will go to save the Earth. The plot is the Enterprise trying to find the Xindi, and stumbling on a Xindi base. This is a decent enough story but it is the characters that will keep you reading. A good read.
Amy
ette
It's a Star Trek novel (yes, a theme in my current reads). But it's from the TV show Enterprise--a nightmare of Trek in my humble opinion. It's not an awful book, but I wasn't a big fan of ENT. I'll stop here before I get into geek-speak ramblings :)
James
Far better than much of the other books of this genre. It's an actual Sci Fi novel with political intrigue. But I would have gotten more out of it if I was more invested in this particular Star Trek (Archer/Enterprise) series.
Joseph Barnes
Great story line. This was an adventure not shown on the series but fits very well into the storyline. Has a surprise about one of the characters on the show who was "killed"...:)
Taylor
Pretty basic adaptation of a portion of the Enterprise series. Some new character and situations added, not a lot of surprises. First in the new relauch series.
Bobby Litton
Really great book! Surprising ending, but very awesome!
Joshua Lemke
Joshua Lemke marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
D. Austin
D. Austin marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
  • Daedalus's Children
  • By the Book
  • The Good That Men Do
  • Surak's Soul
  • Broken Bow
  • Shockwave
  • Reap the Whirlwind (Star Trek: Vanguard, #3)
  • Summon the Thunder (Star Trek: Vanguard, #2)
  • Glass Empires (Star Trek: Mirror Universe)
  • Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures
  • Blind Man's Bluff (Star Trek: New Frontier, #18)
  • Constitution (Star Trek: My Brother's Keeper, #2)
  • Shards and Shadows (Star Trek Mirror Universe)
Taking Wing (Star Trek: Titan, #1) Seize the Fire (Star Trek: Typhon Pack, #2) Cathedral (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, #3) Kobayashi Maru The Romulan War: Beneath the Raptor's Wing