The Forgotten Warrior (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #5)

The Forgotten Warrior (Warriors: Omen of the Stars #5)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  3,617 ratings  ·  142 reviews
With a divided StarClan driving a treacherous rift between the four warrior Clans, the spirits of the Dark Forest are gaining strength. Ivypool's role as a spy becomes more dangerous with each passing day, and Dovewing is haunted by nightmares about the mountains.
Then an outsider appears in ThunderClan's midst, spreading discord and pushing the Clans farther apart. As tens...more
Published November 22nd 2011 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Forgotten Warrior, please sign up.

Into the Wild by Erin HunterThe Darkest Hour by Erin HunterBluestar's Prophecy by Erin HunterForest of Secrets by Erin HunterA Dangerous Path by Erin Hunter
Warrior Cats Favourites
32nd out of 71 books — 220 voters
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsSilence by Becca FitzpatrickThe Iron Knight by Julie KagawaCrossed by Ally Condie
Fall 2011 - Books to Check Out
89th out of 300 books — 1,257 voters

More lists with this book...

~Megan~
They have the cover picture up for this already?! Wow. Hey, I think that's Lionblaze on the cover! He finally gets a cover picture after what, 10 books with him as one of the main characters?

(That was my short little review I wrote before the book came out that got more comments than any review I've written before. Now, on to the REAL review.)

(view spoiler)...more
Whitlea
This was definitely the best book out of Omen of the Stars, and better than any book of Power of Three.

This book is why I have stuck with Warriors for over three years. It had all the excitment a book from this series should, enough surprises and plot twists to keep things interesting, and it answered enough questions, while leaving enough for the fans to ponder over too.

I can honestly say that after getting past the first few chapters, I was not bored once while reading this book, something t...more
Mai Person
Sep 11, 2011 Mai Person marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh I can't wait to read it! *screams at the top of her lungs then does a victory dance* I think the "Forgotten Warrior" is going to be Hollyleaf and it's gonna be something like she's been living alone and she had actually escaped the underground river. I really hope Hollyleaf come back! I miss her and I wish that Lionblaze, and mostly Jayfeather would forgive Leafpool. It's so sad how they're angry at her and I really want Leafpool to be the medicine cat again!
Karen
Erm, yes. These are my guilty pleasure.
♥SugarFlower♥
•Before Reading•

It's gonna be epic.
It has to be Hollyleaf. Or maybe Ravenpaw from the first series wants revenge on Tigerstar and comes to help.
I don't thinnk Hollyleaf is the fourth beacause on Wikipedia, in the fifth series the battle has begun and the Three are stressing out because the can't find the fourth.
I also heard somewhere in the fifth series Firestar dies. If this happened in the first series or maybe even the second, I would be shocked. But now I dom't care. Erin made Firestar borin...more
Kayla
The final battle is growing ever so closer. Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Dovewing struggle to find the forth cat in the prophecy to save the clans. But in the midst of their struggles Sol returns. He (of course) is back to his old bag of tricks. But is he truly the forgotten warrior? After all he was never a warrior to begin with... No, the forgotten warrior is a different cat. (Take your best guess :) )

I loved the plot of this book. It was much better than the last warrior book. Dark Forest is br...more
Julia, a dog lover
Jayne
It's coming to an end soon and it's been quite a wonderful time reading the story of these warriors. I've named my cats after characters from the stories. My grandchildren love Warriors.
Soo Jo
Micheline
The Forgotten Warrior, the long awaited book 5 in the Omen of the Stars (OotS) series of the Warriors book. And the second to last book of the series as we know it. According to the authors, the next series of Warrior Cats isn't written; and would take place at the beginning of the clans, kind of like prequels. I was worried I'd be confused; having finished the previous OotS Warriors book in June; but there are always short and sweet little reminders thrown in, which aren't excessive; cause I di...more
Nicoledp67
Megan
Being returned to the world of suspense stirring amongst the clans living at the shores of the lake, a traveler arrives. A cat of malevolence and full of vengeance from his last visit to the cats of the clans, he begins to turn clan against clan, and once more, hostilities arise, despite the need for all four clans to unite against the rising darkness of the spirits residing in the Place of No Stars. Then when a cat who had been almost forgotten by the warriors of ThunderClan, comes back from, s...more
Nikki
Chloe
Kayla
These books never fail to impress me. Incredible writing, good plot, amazing and lovable characters, and great life lessons. I'm 17 years old and proud to say I read these books. They are my second favorite series. Even though theres 25+ books, they never bore me! This installment is as good as any of the others. I can't wait for the next one, keep them coming Erin Hunter!
Joyce
This was so good. I can't believe I'm almost at the end of the whole Warriors collection. I'm not ready to leave this world yet!!! :)
The main things that happen in this book are that 1) Hollyleaf comes back (YAY!!!), 2) Jayfeather tells Cinderheart who she used to be (Why??) and 3) Everyone somehow gets convinced that Jayfeather killed Flametail, so they take his medicine cat power away (I can't believe this).
Also, Ivypool is finally treated like a warrior in the Dark Forest, but to gain the tru...more
Sonia
Does it come out later for USA? I think this is only Canada/UK. (Not sure of course). Ohhh, I've been waiting for this one!! I think the "forgotten warrior" is Hollyleaf.
Sundapple
May 26, 2011 Sundapple marked it as to-read
I'm hoping to find the truth of what happened to the single lost warrior that crosses my mind whenever I see this book, or after reading the last book..,
Mackenzie

It was horribly written. I didn't like it one bit, the book was very boring except for the part where Hollyleaf comes back but that's about it.
Eternity2448
This book is epic, it had many twist and turns from Hollyleaf returning to Cinderheart remembering her past as Cinderpelt I give this. Book 5 stars
Kirsti
The forgotten warrior! I wonder who that could be! The title could not spoil it for me, because I wanted to know more about this cat anyway. I felt like I could not get into her head last time, and understand what drove her. The added character of Sol, testing loyalties once more, adds to the plot and reignites old tensions. Finally getting into the meat of things, and the next book is going to be awesome!

If you have seen any of my previous reviews, thenbyou know how I am going to rate this book...more
Swiftblaze
I knew Hollyleaf would return eventually... They wouldn't go so far as to kill a main character!
Wildclawmedicinecatz
I can't believe they return (Some enemy and a ThunderClan cat) I love this book!
Jocelyn
Dec 21, 2011 Jocelyn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like Cats, Cat People, People who like books by Erin Hunter
Can't wait for the Last One and kinda hoping it will be the LAST ONE!
Christine
Jan 01, 2012 Christine rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children, Cat-Lovers
So far the best book in the Omen of the Stars series.
Michelle Nguyen
"Warriors: The Forgotten Warrior" by Erin Hunter was a great book because it was suspenseful. The tension between the Clans always makes you wonder what will happen next. There were also lots of surprising twists. For example, "I was there when Ashfur died. And his death was my fault. Her confession was greeted with a horrified gasp from the cats. As if at a word of command, they shrank back, widening the circle" (pg. 188). I chose this quote because it shows the surprising part when Hollyleaf r...more
Bailey
Dec 01, 2009 Bailey marked it as to-read
i dont even think this one is out yet...
Kurt Felder
This book is about three cats that have the names of Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and dovewing and their adventures on saving the clans of the lake from danger and harm. In this book starclan cats told the clans that they should trust no other clan then their own, and that the dark forest is gaining strength in numbers and in power. This news causes the cats to be driven insane with fear and doubt that they will survive the attack, so Lionblaze, Dovewing, and Jayfeather attempt to make the clans reuni...more
Kat (idangerous)
Lia T.
YA Book Readers!!: The Forgotten Warrior 1 2 Aug 02, 2014 08:16AM
You know you're a Warriors fan when... 65 52 Jul 29, 2014 03:02AM
Guess who the fourth warrior in the prohecy is talk about it 2 7 Feb 07, 2014 11:44AM
What do you think about this book? 1 2 Feb 05, 2014 05:02PM
Warriors questions 1 7 Dec 13, 2013 07:56AM
warriors for a movie 37 62 Nov 20, 2013 10:23AM
  • Watch Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #3)
  • The Tygrine Cat
  • Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Varjak Paw
  • The Wild Road (The Wild Road, #1)
  • Clan Ground (The Named, #2)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of four people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Gillian Philip, and Tui Sutherland, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As well as having a grea...more
More about Erin Hunter...
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)

“Ivypool felt her mouth drop open "Hollyleaf? But...you you're dead!"
"Obviously not," the newcomer replied with an edge to her voice.”
48 likes