Start by marking “The Last Hope (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Last Hope (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #6)

The Last Hope (Warriors: Omen of the Stars #6)

4.56  ·  Rating Details ·  7,021 Ratings  ·  475 Reviews
The end of the stars draws near. Three must become four to battle the darkness that lasts forever...

After countless moons of treachery, Tigerstar's Dark Forest apprentices are ready to lay siege upon the warrior Clans. As the Clan cats seek out their allies and enemies, Jayfeather, Lionblaze & Dovewing search desperately for the fourth cat who is prophesied to lead the
Published April 3rd 2012 by HarperCollins Canada / Warriors (Wa)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Hope, please sign up.

Tawnos76 Start with the first book in the first series Into the Wild as everything from all series while revolves around The clans greatest uniter and…moreStart with the first book in the first series Into the Wild as everything from all series while revolves around The clans greatest uniter and Thunderclans greatest leader Firestar. (less)

Sammy
Apr 03, 2012 Sammy rated it really liked it
Shelves: war, cats
Alley Kat
Apr 07, 2012 Alley Kat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There needs to be a higher star rating for how awesome this book was. Just the love, the loss, the death, and the evilness was all there. It was some of the aspects that a few Warriors books lacked and more. This book hit me hard and I will never forget this day where no one could move me from the couch as I clenched the book in my hands, announcing every time I hit a new chapter.

I can proudly mark this book:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Vermin Supreme™
Apr 20, 2012 Vermin Supreme™ rated it it was amazing
It all started in 2008, and I had just won the State Reflections contest. I never made it to nationals, but as a petty gift I got a ten dollar Borders gift card.

When I ran into get a book, I was late to my aunts house, and I had to pick anything, as quick as possible. I saw a light green novel, with an orange cat on the front.
Now, I had always been a fan of felines, as I had one myself. I knew this book would be good, so I simply grabbed it and purchased it. I then left Borders.

This was in the b
Micheline
The Last Hope is the final installement in the final series of Warriors books (chronilogically since 'the Erins' have said they would write a sort of prequel or origins series eventually). Words cannot describe how I have enjoyed this series as a whole. I got into it skeptically; wondering if even my love of cats wouldn't be enough to make a whole series of books with cat protagonists interesting. Thinking these were children's books that would probably bore me eventually...boy was I wrong. Thes ...more
Melissa Corn ~bubbles bubbles bubbles~
I am writing this review in February which way after I actually read the book (which was in October or something I think) so a few of the things are a bit hazy to me.

Likes:

* I really enjoyed the fact that Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight and Leafpool FINALLY made up. I am so so glad that the drama with them is finally over.

* Hollyleaf's death scene: sure it was sad but in my humble opinion it was really well written and probably the best authored scene in the entire book.

* Bramblstar became leader o
Jack
Apr 10, 2012 Jack rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
WOW. OMG. SO INTENSE; SO EPIC; SO INCREDIBLE; SO PERFECT! I LOVED THIS BOOK SO, SO MUCH AND IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS I'VE EVER READ! JUST WOW...

Firstly, this is the final book in the OOTS series and the final book where we're with the current cats. We've grown with them since Into the Wild many, many books ago and now it's over. We won't be journeying with the current cats any more and it's so sad. We must take a moment...

There is going to be a 5th Warriors series after this, but set
Apr 07, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
The Warriors series was something that changed my life. I stumbled upon the first book in my uncle's home almost three years ago (the summer before Year 7), and was hooked ever since. So when the epic finale came out, I had to read it. Unfortunately, being in China, I couldn't get a copy until this morning.

With such an epic franchise to conclude, I was a bit worried that this book would be a disappointment. But while it was not a complete raging page-turner (which isn't that possible), it was fa
Stefani Zeiger
Oct 15, 2011 Stefani Zeiger rated it it was amazing
I cried sooo much :( I loved it though. I can't wait for the next book :)
Lori
Apr 15, 2012 Lori rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Redwall, Wind in the Willows, Watership Down; catlovers who don't mind formula YA fantasy
*****SPOILER*****

I try to rate the Warriors series as what it is - not "great literature", but formula storytelling for juvenile or tween readers, holding more in common with Nancy Drew than Huck Finn. None of the installations have earned 5 stars from me, but several have earned 4, despite flaws such as repetitiveness, painfully manipulative cliffhanger moments and major-character introspection, anthropomorphizing to the point of nonsense, and glaring biological impossibilities. It is fantasy,
Julia, a dog lover
Apr 06, 2012 Julia, a dog lover rated it it was amazing
Do not read this if you haven't read the book.

You have been warned.

Ok, Let me just say that this book marks the end of a chapter in my life. I would like to thank the warriors for..for... everything they did to help me. This has been an amazing experience..

And now, for the book. The fourth cat? Pure genius. I LOVE YOU FIRESTAR, AND I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to get that out. The beginning was a bit slow, wit the same slow sssslllloooooowwww buildup of the l
Momo
May 06, 2012 Momo rated it it was amazing
How many reviewers so far have claimed that this series changed their life? Is it cliche and overused for me to say it?
I swear that these books changed my life.
I hated reading, and then I picked up a Warriors book.
After a while of reading these I began to think, "When are these going to end?!" but I regret those thoughts. The end of this book series is a true tragedy.

Okay, enough of the sentimentality (for now), here's my review:
SPOILERS FROM THIS POINT. ENTER AT OWN RISK!
Knowing that this was t
ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ
Oh my gosh. I HATED the end to the series. The first series was amazing, and it went downhill from there. This book was the worst of them all. I could rant for hours on how bad this book was. First off, in the final battle, the three had nothing big to do in it. The clan cats would have been fine without them. And how many cats died? Like, only six. -.- Seriously? It's a battle against the greatest villians of all time, who have killed hundreds, and only SIX cats die? What is up with that. The ...more
Natalia
Apr 06, 2012 Natalia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man, this series was my childhood in a nutshell. My obsession with this series would border ridiculous at some points in time. My happiness was overwhelming when I saw a novel of this series at Barnes&Noble, it being the first novel in English I actually read. Those were the days . . .

Now, this is the last novel in the fourth series The Omen of the Stars. It is the grande finale, where the Dark Forest rises to its full power and the true battle begins. Where warriors' loyalties are constantl
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
(It's been a while since I finished this, but I've finally got around to writing this review. I actually wrote this review the minute after I finished it, but that was my hand written one, not the one on here.)

I can't do it. I can't write a review of this. I'm lying on my bed, nose and eyes still burning from crying so much, and I just...can't.

This series...is the reason I love reading. I still remember the day Mama put Warriors: Into the Wild in my hands when I was ten years old. And I didn't
Trinity N
Sep 14, 2016 Trinity N rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-nine-weeks
The Great Battle draws near and the three needs to become 4 to battle the darkness that lasts forever... Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Dovewing are confused. How could The Three need another? Lionblaze thinks it's their long lost sister Hollyleaf. Dovewing is convinced that it's her sister, Ivypool. Jayfeather believes that it has to be a dead ancestor named Tigerheart after he saw a reed with a smoldering tip. Meanwhile, in the dark forest, Tigerstar has gathered up warriors from all of the clans ...more
Hawkeye
Apr 22, 2017 Hawkeye rated it it was amazing
This was the most stressful book out of all six for me. All of the tension really kept me reading!

Moar spoilerssssssss ;)
(view spoiler)
Ravenfeather
Aug 22, 2013 Ravenfeather rated it liked it
SPOILER WARNING

This book is the best book EVER! But... I only gave it three stars because I can name a lot of major flaws that I think they could have tried harder to fix.

Likes:

*The battle scene was the best in the whole series!
*I'm glad Mothwing and Cloudtail probably believe in StarClan, BUT... I wish they gave more detail and insight of what Cloudtail and Mothwing were thinking during the battle, like some bonus scene.
*I love Hollyleaf's death, saving Ivypool and appologizing to her mother, i
♏⟑¢⊀∑∏≳≀∑
Apr 29, 2012 ♏⟑¢⊀∑∏≳≀∑ rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
rachel
Aug 30, 2013 rachel rated it did not like it
I was highly disappointed in this book... In fact, I hardly enjoyed any of the books in the "Omen of the Stars". Ever since the first series (which I absolutely adored), it just kinda start rolling down hill and The Last Hope was at the bottom. The plot just didn't add up in the end, and when Firestar was suddenly thrown back into it, I was like "What!?" After he became a side character after the first series, it makes absolutely no sense to suddenly put him back in the spotlight. But if it were ...more
Skylar
Jun 25, 2013 Skylar rated it it was amazing
...wow...just wow. This was an amazing conclusion to an amazing series--and I am so glad it is going to be continued!!!!! This series ripped my heart out over and over again--my copies of each and every warriors book are dog eared, torn in places and in some, covered in old tear-stains. This particular one more than most. They are all marked with my infinite love of each and every one of them.Oh, the agony you threw at my unsuspecting heart! It tore me to pieces, and I died with each one of your ...more
Sarah Evans
Apr 14, 2012 Sarah Evans rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was amazing and I would recommend it 2 any warrior fan! I still wander what will happen between dove wing and tigerheart I wanted her 2 choose him :(
I was also sad that firestar died, but he has been leader 4 quite a long time. The way he died (killing tigerstar) was the best way to die 4 him :) bramblestar will make a good leader... I was a little surprised he chose squirelflight as deputy, but I know she will b a good deputy.
I am also very glad that lionblaze and cinderhear
Kayla
Jan 31, 2010 Kayla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: warriors
Well here it goes. The final (not really) installment of the Warriors series. I remember when my sister started reading this series. I thought it would be to childish and for a few months I scorned the series. But after she was hooked on them I decided I would give the series a try. And boy what a ride. I would have never thought cats could be given such human characteristics (and believe me I'm an animal lover/activist). Quickly I fell in love with the clan cats. I knew the final battle was dra ...more
Livi St Peter
Aug 13, 2012 Livi St Peter rated it really liked it
Wow. Just.... Wow. This book was soo good. People at my school make fun of my love for this series because it's about cats, but honestly it is about so much more than that. It's about friendship and learning to accept people for who they are.

I know so many people have said this series has changed their lives, and honestly it did for me too. It was the first book series that really made me love reading, and that I really fell for the characters and I fell HARD. This book ends the series perfectl
Bailey
Aug 18, 2012 Bailey rated it it was ok
I can't believe I ignored summer reading to read kids' books. Actually, I totally can.
These books were my childhood. The first Warriors series was absolutely incredible, or so I believed at the time.
I haven't read the first series in a while, but I last picked them up in 8th grade, and they were still wonderful, albeit a bit childish for my new tastes.
Ever since the New Prophecy, they've been going downhill. Now, The Last Hope brings an end to the fourth series (with six books per series, not to
Cáit Ní
Apr 24, 2017 Cáit Ní rated it it was amazing
Amazing end to an amazing series
Cherie W
Mar 08, 2017 Cherie W rated it it was amazing
Shelves: third-nine-weeks
Dovewing, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather were all described in a prophecy. They were to save the clans from the deadly Dark Forest, and now the prophecy has changed. Jayfeather hasn't yet told Lionblaze or Dovewing, but there's a fourth cat. He/she could be from any of the clans, and Jayfeather technically doesn't even know if the fourth is a cat! To make matters worse, the clans are on the edge, ready to tear each other apart. The Medicine Cats have all been told to avoid each other, that the only w ...more
Shawn Dorn
Sep 11, 2013 Shawn Dorn rated it it was amazing
I read the book Warriors: The Last Hope, part of the Omen of the Stars section of the series. It was written by Erin Hunter and is a fiction type novel. The story is of a group of four clans of cats that live around a lake, each have their own special differences from the rest. The main plot though is that the three cats that hold the power of the stars in their hands must find the fourth. It also is the last book of the entire series as of known since the original main character dies. The plot ...more
Alex
Apr 09, 2012 Alex rated it really liked it
Angela
Dec 04, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing
Wow. stunning conclusion to a series. Except I agree with Tara now when she says that she always feels really conflicted because she just read a really sad part of a book and she sees everybody laughing and she feels like crying. *sob* yeah, that's me, I'm like in a rage tantrum. I've flipped three chairs and one table *sob* because the ending is just so sad when like half the main characters keel over dead because they die and then you see their spirits like rising into the milky way*sobsob* it ...more
Camille
Feb 14, 2017 Camille rated it it was amazing
I don't think I have ever encountered a more talented author(s) than Erin Hunter. Only she can make me cry me eyes out and make me relive five series with three words.

I'm excited for the next series but, honestly, it's the end of an era within the Warrior Cats books and although most cats never really die I can't help but feel a small cat shape hole in my heart where several of the fallen cats belong. These cats and these books have been my childhood and losing some of those cats felt too real.
Jayfeather and briarlight 1 2 Dec 29, 2016 09:37AM
Warrior Cats: the saddest death 19 56 Nov 28, 2016 11:49AM
i really want to know who the fourth is, do you have any ideas 26 95 Oct 29, 2016 03:32PM
Firestar's Death 1 3 Jul 14, 2016 05:56AM
Tigerheart vs. Bumblestripe 15 47 May 14, 2016 04:46PM
Warriors: The Last Hope Round and Flat characters 22 5 Nov 09, 2015 11:07AM
Pont of View in Warriors: The Last Hope 7 3 Nov 02, 2015 07:33AM
  • Frost Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #4)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • The Tygrine Cat
  • Ratha's Creature (The Named, #1)
  • Circle of Heroes (The Familiars, #3)
  • Varjak Paw  (Varjak Paw #1)
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers and Survivors series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Bravelands.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the nat
More about Erin Hunter...

Warriors: Omen of the Stars (6 books)
  • The Fourth Apprentice (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #1)
  • Fading Echoes (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #2)
  • Night Whispers (Warriors: Omen of the Stars #3)
  • Sign of the Moon (Warriors: Omen of the Stars #4)
  • The Forgotten Warrior (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #5)

“There will be three cats, kin of your kin, with the power of the stars in their paws. They will find a fourth, and the battle between light and dark will be won. A new leader will rise from the shadows of his death, and the clan will survive beyond thge memories of his memeries. This is how it has always been and alway will be.” 50 likes
“My head is so full of memories!" Cinderheart wailed. "I feel as though there are two lives inside me, not one. How can it be my choice to make? Doesn't Cinderpelt have a choice? I can't make her a warrior! She was a medicine cat!"
Lionblaze pressed his muzzle closer. "She chose you", he murmured. "She gave you the choice".
Cinderheart began to tremble. Lionblaze could sense her mind whirling. "You can only live one life, Cinderheart. It's your choice! This is your destiny, not Cinderpelt's. She lived her own life".
Cinderheart gasped. Then her pelt smoothed. She lifted her chin. "Then I choose the life of a warrior". Her blue eyes shone. "And I choose you".
A breeze stirred the ferns. Lionblaze glimpsed a pale gray shape appear like a shadow beside Cinderheart. Stepping back in surprise, he saw it peel away from her and drift up like a cobweb carried by the wind. A soft voice whispered, Thank you.
Lionblaze's fur stood on end. "Did you see that?
Cinderheart was watching the shadow disappear into the trees. "It was Cinderpelt", she breathed. "I've set her free".
Lionblaze purred loudly. "Will you fight alongside me?"
Cinderheart pressed her muzzle fiercely against his. "Always".”
50 likes