Start by marking “Fire in the Sky (Seekers, #5)” as Want to Read:
Fire in the Sky (Seekers, #5)

Fire in the Sky (Seekers #5)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  1,770 ratings  ·  55 reviews
The spirits dance like fire in the sky. . . .

The three cubs--Kallik, Toklo, and Lusa--along with their shape-shifting companion, Ujurak, stand on the edge of the sea-ice under the blazing Northern Lights. The land has come to an end, but the bears' journey is far from over. Now they must put their trust in Kallik's paws, as she feels the ice pulling her out toward the ocea
Published May 24th 2011 by HarperCollins (first published 2010)

Samantha
No surprise but I really enjoy these books, they are a great read for any age. I love the underlying story of the environment and the bad AND the good we are doing to it. Sweet, interesting, fun, just all around good reads these books are. I've got the sixth one checked out and ready to be read already.
Ash
Ok where to start. the book was really nice and cute but wasnt amazing.
The ONLY amazing part in the begining where they go to the ice, I never thought that I could imagine such beauty from a book.
ok so I'm giving this book 4 stars just because of the beauty of the scenes not the plot.
The plot was good, it was similar to the last book but in a diffrent place and a bit better. In the first three books I felt like the plot is moving normally but in the 4th I noticed that Erin Hunter had to stop t
Ashley
Lauren Bergh
Hunter keeps up the adventure in this 5th book of the Seekers series. Now the bears are face to face with the oil operations in the frozen north, and having to figure out how to survive on the ice. They must find the motivation to continue their journey, overcome personal quarrels, and figure out what the black smelly stuff is... all while being chased away by "no-claws". I really love how Hunter presents an oil drilling operation, complete with sick animals being cared for not so far away from ...more
Hslc10
this book is good so far. one of the things that i have noticed is that the books actuley have a really good lesson. It talks a lot saving the wild and how we do bad things to the earth. IT helps to be in a animals view. Especialy when urajck (how ever you spell it) turs into a different animal. Although the "save the earth" part is noticeable it is mild and does not ruin the book. Any how, in this book the bears finally go onto the ice. Toklo is mad about it and shares it with the world. lusa i ...more
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 137747 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: MG - BL: 5.0 - AR Pts: 9.0
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Samantha
Oct 08, 2010 Samantha marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This app stinks it doesn't let u read books
A.R. Collins
Having written a glowing review of the fourth book, I feel that the series flags somewhat here, in the fifth book out of six. It's a lot of volumes for one single journey, and after so much was achieved in books three and four, there seemed to be no point to what the bears were doing in this one. Before, they have always been trying to get somewhere. This time they go out onto the ice, which I thought would be an interesting and important part of the journey, as it's an essential bear environmen ...more
Rachel
May 27, 2010 Rachel marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
The three cubs-Kallik,Toklo, and Lusa-along with their shape=shifting companion, Ujerak,stand on the edge of the sea-ice under the blazing Northern Lights. The land has come to an end, but the bears' journey is far from over. Now they must put their trust in Kallik's paws, as she feels the kice pulling her out toward the ocean.
Life on the ice more difficult than the bears imagined .While Kallik struggles to remember her polar bear roots, Toklo bristles in the unfamiliar territory and Lusa get w
Ben
Fire in the sky was a book that started a little slow but all of a sudden got exciting. At first, I was a little bored of it because the characters were just arguing the whole time. When the broke apart, I finally started to get into it. Erin Hunter was able to really be creative with this book and could have done anything with it. I think she did a great job putting it all together.
The biggest part in this book is when the group go separate ways. When this happens, they all have dreams where
Isaac Bertke
I thought this book was a very good book. It mainly talks about 4 bears that take this really big journey. They learn from past dreams that they have to do some thing big that will save animal kind. I really like this book because in the book there is a lot of suspense. As well as some of the characters get hurt. It talks about an animals view of humans and it is not very good. That is why i like and enjoy this book.
Gitty Mandel
When their journey ends their quest begins and Ujuruck, the brown bear, found out that the star bear which is known as Suluck and the pathway star is actually his mother who died when he was only a cub and now they have to go on ice and Calk is in the lead.
Janika Puolitaival
Erin Hunterin parhaimpia sarjoja - upeaa, upeaa luontokuvausta. Tämänkin sarjan takana lienee useampi kirjoittaja salanimen takana, mutta taso on onneksi pysynyt hyvänä. Suuri plussa Jalavalle alkuperäisistä kauniista kansista!
Grace Cuenca
I thought that this book was good because it shows how a simple dream can really mean an important message in these bear's lives. This book has struck me deep down how strong a bond of friendship could be. It could be stronger than not living in the right enviorment. Kallik, Toklo, Lusa, and Ujurak know they all need each other so they could save the wild, but when Lusa gets captured by the flat-faces, they all know it means much more than that. Erin Hunter has really been one of my favorite au ...more
Faith
Anya Stewart
It's an awesome book, yet it is hard to track where they are. I use that to help see the story a bit better. That is just me.
Lexa
I thought the book was well paced with a great plot and it kept me interested.
Tlc
I think the series is grate!
Terry
Our favorite changling (shape-shifter), Ujurak, has a vital role to play in saving the wild with his fellow bear travelers. However, his mysterious role is becoming more clear but not yet realized. This is another Hunter cliff-hanger. According to a mystical encounter with a spirit bear, either Toklo, Lusa, Kallik, or Ujurak is destined to lose their life on the journey. Who will it be as the orcas approach beneath the black silky waters of the north? Look out Lusa!!
Dan
Written by a committee and it shows. Blech! (to borrow a term from the book)
Kayla
This book was not as good as the last few Seekers have been. It was kind of slow at times and, I resented all of the leadership rivalry that went on between Kallik and Toklo. It was irritating to see the gang split up. And have to go through all of the nonsense of finding each other again.

But, I do like the fact that the Erin's are spreading awareness by writing books about the wild and how much damage the oil spills are doing.
Stephanie Allen
I absolutely love this story. I was a little unsure of "Seekers" after I read the first book but as the series is progressing, I'm really loving the story and the characters. Ujurak is my favorite, although I'm afraid he is the one that is going to die (I can't ignore Toklo's dream). It's nice to know more of his back story and why he is a shape shifter. It'll be interesting to see how everything pans out.
Sue Mitchison
Read to Nina, the fifth in the series. We're both enjoying them... one more book to go now!
Claire
I literally had to force myself to read it. I stopped halfway through and started again four months later. I couldn't bring myself to waste those first hours of agony, so I just started where I'd stuck my bookmark. DON'T READ THIS SERIES! Really, it's not worth it. BORING!
Sam Sam
Wow, the books just keep getting better! I love the messages in these books and am quite excited to see how it will all end. I love the characters and their different background stories and their different views on the world. An interesting title and adorable book series.
Darren
Sep 24, 2010 Darren rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Darren by: Linda
Good story. Seems like anther step in the path to get to the final ending. It leaves you wanting to know what's going to happen. I was wondering how brown and black bears would survive on ice. Or will they survive? We have to wait and see.
Amy
I was surprised i liked this book. I reviewed it for the school district, which is why I read it, and I had to force myself to do so (I am not an animal book person). But the characters are intriguing making me actually enjoy the read!
Carol
My son and I have been reading this series aloud together at bedtime, and it's been enjoyable for both of us. Wonderful characters, adventure, environmental ethics, and deep friendships yield some great book discussions for us!
Abby
If you have read the first four books definatly read this one if not read the first one. Lusa, Kallik, Ujurak, and Toklo go out to the ice. Ujurak then turns into a whale. To find out more read the book.
Cassidy
Amazing book! I cant really put the story into a summary because so much happened before this one.I mean, its the fifth one do I don't really think u guys and gals will comprehend what's going on.
i cant wait!!! 3 10 Oct 27, 2012 12:01AM
  • Watch Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #3)
  • Guide Book To The Great Tree (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Nightmare City
  • The Mayor of Central Park
  • Chimpanzees I Love: Saving Their World And Ours
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Seekers (6 books)
  • The Quest Begins (Seekers, #1)
  • Great Bear Lake (Seekers, #2)
  • Smoke Mountain (Seekers, #3)
  • The Last Wilderness (Seekers, #4)
  • Spirits in the Stars (Seekers, #6)
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) Fire and Ice (Warriors, #2) Forest of Secrets (Warriors, #3) The Darkest Hour (Warriors, #6) Rising Storm (Warriors, #4)

“What about you? You didn't even think twice about following those two. They say, 'Let's go onto the ice' and right away you say, 'Where do I put my paws?' If you ask me, you're the brave one.” 8 likes
“Come on, hurry up, snailpaws,” Toklo growled at Lusa. He poked her in the side with his nose. “Where’s all that annoying early-morning cheerfulness you’re usually so full of?”
“Well, maybe if you hadn’t woken me up by dropping a fish on my head,” Lusa protested, yawning.”
4 likes