Start by marking “Blind Bloodhound Justice” as Want to Read:
Blind Bloodhound Justice

Blind Bloodhound Justice (Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery #4)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  332 ratings  ·  13 reviews
"Georgia Peach" Jo Beth Sidden is always sniffing out trouble with the help of her beloved bloodhounds. In her latest adventure. Jo Beth is asked to look into the decades-old murder of a nanny and a child. The man convicted of the crimes, who has steadfastly proclaimed his innocence, has just been released from prison, and the local sheriff is concerned about the effect of ...more
Paperback, Harper Choice Mystery, 337 pages
Published July 1st 1999 by HarperCollins Publishers Inc. (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Bloodhound Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Bloodhound Justice

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth SteinMarley and Me by John GroganA Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce CameronWhere the Red Fern Grows by Wilson RawlsThe Call of the Wild by Jack London
Great "Dog" Books
124th out of 639 books — 1,265 voters
The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan DoyleThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark HaddonA Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce CameronThree Men in a Boat by Jerome K. JeromeHeart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulgakov
Dogs, Literal and Metaphorical
75th out of 95 books — 39 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristin
I seem to be on a dog book kick right now, and it was interesting reading this book simultaneously with a Susan Conant book, as the plots are similar, with both featuring women very involved with dogs also acting as amateur sleuths with the assistance of their canine partners. However, unlike Conant's protagonist Holly Winter whose area of specialty is the dog show world, Lanier's Jo Beth Sidden trains bloodhounds especially for roles on police forces and the like and thus has actual crime-solvi ...more
Lora
I actually enjoy these books, which (I think) are published only in paperback. They are several notches above many hardbound mysteries coming out these days.

In this one, Jo Beth is asked to look into a 30-year-old child kidnapping and murder. The man who was sentenced for the crime has been released from prison on medical grounds and moved back to the area; he has mainained his innocence obstinately for 30 years.

Of course she figures out the knot at the center of this puzzle while at the same ti
Meagan Brantley
I love loved this book and sweet Bobby Lee.
Deborah Darsie
Very good puzzle to solve and Jo Beth and her Bloodhounds are up for the challenge.

I enjoy mysteries, I enjoy good stories that have excellent roles for dogs and their human handlers. This has both. Toss in a SOB ex-husband in the deep south, law enforcement and undue influence from the SOB's family...you have a good foundation for several books.

I SO wish there were more books in this series.
Kristen
It's been a few years since I've read Virginia Lanier. I loved her series and miss her work, since she passed away a few years ago. After a brief hiatus, it's good to be back to continue with the series. I'll be reading one more this year and finish up with the last two next year, though out of order. A good read for a mystery.
Janice
I still love this series; in this one Jo Beth is trying to solve a 30 year old murder case, and trudging through the Okefenokee Swamp in search of a mother and her baby, who may in the company of a kidnapper/murderer. The descriptions of the swamp, as well as the beloved Bloodhounds, are great.
Liz
Jan 01, 2009 Liz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Liz by: Cat
Yet another fun read. This one finds our heroine tracking down a 30 year old mystery and meeting some fun characters who I hope to meet in the next book. Hank's still around and hoping.
Sandy
read this series several years ago and really enjoyed it- the back story about the author is wonderful too- never wrote anything until she was over 60.
Alissa
I really enjoyed the protagonist in this series, and even though I'm not a big dog lover, I found the bloodhound training to be fascinating.
Carol
Great south Georgia mystery. We'd all want one of those amazing Bloodhounds, if they didn't drool so much.
Terrie
Still good, but it's getting a little farfetched that JoBeth is asked to investigate a crime.
Jane
Don't waste your time on this one!
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Sherry Stacey
Sherry Stacey marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Tina Folsom
Tina Folsom marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Cinlar
Cinlar marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Nifs
Nifs marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Patty
Patty added it
Sep 14, 2014
  • This Dog for Hire (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #1)
  • Bark M For Murder
  • Smoky Mountain Tracks (Raine Stockton Dog Mysteries, #1)
  • Hair of the Dog (Melanie Travis, #4)
  • A Bite of Death (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Shooting at Loons (Deborah Knott Mysteries, #3)
  • I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia (Amanda Pepper, #3)
  • Shoofly Pie (Bug Man, #1)
An author who penned the popular "Bloodhound" series of mystery books and published her first book at age 65.

Her first book, Death in Bloodhound Red, released in April of 1995, was nominated for three literary awards: the Agatha, the Anthony, and the Macavity for the "Best First Mystery Novel in 1995."

Series:
* Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery
More about Virginia Lanier...
Death in Bloodhound Red (Jo Beth Sidden "Bloodhound" Mystery #1) The House on Bloodhound Lane Ten Little Bloodhounds A Brace of Bloodhounds A Bloodhound To Die For