Start by marking “Diamond in the Ruff” as Want to Read:
Diamond in the Ruff

Diamond in the Ruff (Hearts of Gold #2)

Can a pup with a nose for trouble collar two lovers who need a miracle?

Lydia Keane figured she’d be heading for heaven after finding her best friend, Amy, the perfect husband. But instead the reluctant angel’s still stuck here on earth, trapped in the chubby body of a corgi named Piggy — and blackmailed into another matchmaking mission!

This time the job means manufacturin
Published December 10th 2008 by Bantam (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Diamond in the Ruff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diamond in the Ruff

Alexandra Preston
After having some time to think it over I still come out conflicted on my feelings for the book. On the one hand the Emily Carmichael is a very engaging and witty writer. I was drawn into the story in a snap. She has a wonderful flair for building a scene (such as the first skiing scene). I swear that was a replication of my first time on skis!
On the other hand there was not one character that I liked. Practically everyone was mean to one another; either thinking snarky thoughts about one anoth
Doris
Jul 02, 2012 Doris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a tongue in cheek story, written partly from a human standpoint, and partly from that of a dog. Our dog friend is a Welsh Corgi, inhabited by a spirit sent to Earth by the administrator at the gates of Heaven to atone for her sins as a human. She feels slighted and put upon, but still is a help and able to find out the truth and get the humans not only together but together with the right mates. She works with Joey, a human whose career is that of wedding consultant, and another Corgi, ...more
LaFleurBleue
I usually do not like stories with fantasy and angels. I usually do not like when animals think.
When starting this book with a prologue written at the first person with the dog speaking, a dog moreover who was the reincarnation of a dead woman, I got frightened that this book would not do it at all.
However it came out really fine : the dog's / dead woman reincarnation thoughts were rather funny and provided a different and interesting perspective on the events; the characters were overall very
Diane ~Firefly~
Fun follow-up to Lydia's new life as an angel in a dog's body. This time Piggy is staying with a wedding planner who is planning a week long extravaganza at a skiing lodge for an old friend but is somewhat interested in the groom. The bride seems to be spending more time with the owner of the lodge (old boyfriend) and the groom's daughter seems to know Piggy's secret. Then the bride is getting threatening poems and Piggy has to figure out how to save the day with no thumbs.
Robin Witt
Apr 13, 2015 Robin Witt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: light-romance
I'm a total Corgi person, and I live near Denver, CO... so this book was practically written for me. That said, I really enjoyed the story - it's hard to keep all the characters likable when breaking up the engaged couple so the groom can hook up with the wedding consultant is the plan... very nicely done.
Also - I just loved the character of Tess...
Melanie
Oct 05, 2014 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fun romantic romp. The perspective of the dog, who was once a human, was creative and humorous. Joey the wedding planner is attracted to her friend's fiancé. He feels the chemistry too. This was a pickle I didn't know how the author would emerge from, but she did it with great skill.
Connie
Aug 25, 2011 Connie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the 2nd in the corgi series and it starred Piggy the corgi to help two people find the right other person as well as advert danger. It just seems that these books are a bit long and could be told in shorter page length.
Sherri Hunter
Aug 19, 2009 Sherri Hunter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story! Piggy the Corgi, formerly Lydia Keane, steals the show. This character is a real hoot. I hope this author writes more books featuring Piggy and her attitude.
Christal
A great relaxing read for the corgi lover!! Emily Carmichael truly knows the corgi personality and portays it well!! The humans are pretty funny supporting characters in this book.
Kim
Jan 05, 2013 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute book, pretty predictable but still a fun, quick read!
Patti Smith
Was just OK. The dogs in the book were the best part.
Kristie J.
Apr 09, 2010 Kristie J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny sequel to Finding Mr. Right!
Elaine7717
Elaine7717 rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Andrea Riffel
Andrea Riffel rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Helena
Helena rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Kathy Iglar
Kathy Iglar rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2015
Casey
Casey rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2012
Fran
Fran rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2017
Briana
Briana rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2013
Adriana
Adriana rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2012
Leah
Leah rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2010
Alicia
Alicia rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2009
Amy Gourley
Amy Gourley rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2010
Stacie  M. Ritchie
Stacie M. Ritchie rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2010
Sarah rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2008
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2010
Jennifer rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Bonding with Your Dog: A Trainer's Secrets for Building a Better Relationship
  • Nop's Hope
  • Why We Love the Dogs We Do: How to Find the Dog That Matches Your Personality
  • Night Magic
  • Digital SLR Cameras & Photography for Dummies
  • A Bite of Death (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Paws & Effect: The Healing Power of Dogs
  • Magic Embrace
  • The Dog Who Spoke with Gods
  • Tales from a Dog Catcher
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • Nose Down, Eyes Up
  • Lost and Found: Dogs, Cats, and Everyday Heroes at a Country Animal Shelter
  • Through a Dog's Eyes: Understanding Our Dogs by Understanding How They See the World
  • Sheep
  • The Wish List (Time of Transition, #1)
  • Howl: A Collection of the Best Contemporary Dog Wit
  • In a Fix (Ciel Halligan, #1)

Hearts of Gold (5 books)
  • Finding Mr. Right
  • Gone to the Dogs
  • The Cat's Meow (Hearts of Gold, #4)
  • A New Leash on Life