Start by marking “The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (Anetakis Tycoons, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (Anetakis Tycoons, #1)

The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (The Anetakis Tycoons #1)

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  3,942 Ratings  ·  211 Reviews
Greek hotel magnate Chrysander Anetakis's former mistress was pregnant? And had amnesia? That meant Marley Jameson didn't remember betraying him by selling company secrets. Or that he'd thrown her out of his life. So he told her a little white lie: they were engaged. Then he swept her away to his Greek island to await the birth of his baby and enjoy her sudden devotion...b ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Silhouette Desire (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress

Jen
3.5 Stars

As far as fulfilling my need for a macho, arrogant asshole prone to jumping to conclusions about his "mistress" (never a girlfriend, always a mistress doncha know!) as only a harlequin can deliver, The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress more than fit the bill.

Still, I have a couple of questions regarding this book and Harlys in general. Stay with me, people.

Why are these women always falling asleep at the first sign of emotional distress?

I mean seriously! This chick fell asleep at the drop of a
AgentScully
If pregnancy + amnesia = Pregnesia (according to the Harlequin/Silhouette title generator), then what is pregnancy + amnesia + kidnapping? Pregnesiapping? Pregnappinesia? The heroine in this one finds out she's pregnant, has sex, encounters nasty Other Woman, gets falsely accused of stealing, gets thrown out by rich Greek lover, and gets kidnapped, all in chapter 1. And I thought I was having a bad hair day.

I admit to not being a fan of Maya Banks' writing. I don't care for her erotica and I wa
willaful
In this book's acknowledgments, Banks writes about how much she loves category romance. Perhaps that's why she decided to write The Category. It has everything you'd expect: the overbearing Greek hero constantly spouting Greek endearments, the pregnant, vulnerable, doormat heroine, the evil other woman, the big betrayal (twice!) and amnesia! (Really seems like it should have been a Harlequin Presents rather than a Silhouette Desire, but I guess there's some overlap.)

I like all the elements, why
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jan 24, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-reads
What can I say except that when I find an author I enjoy, any time I see the name the next thing I know the book is in my cart! Yes, Maya Banks is writing a trilogy for Silhouette Desire. The good news is, the heat is still there. The bad news is, it's still 'formula' romance. The rest of the good news is, I still enjoyed it and it was a steamy, quick read!

Marley was heartbroken when Chrysander called her his mistress and then accused her of selling his company secrets! She quickly grabs her coa
Tia
May 21, 2016 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this long ago, loved the series as a whole. This one is about Chrysander and Marley. She was just his mistress to him but she was pregnant and in love with him. When he thinks she has done the worse, he abandons her. Only for her to wind up kidnapped. When he finally realizes the truth, it may just be too late because Marley seems to be broken beyond repair.
Penny Watson
This review includes all three of the "tycoon" books by Maya Banks....

What exactly is a "tycoon" and why is it so damned popular in certain romance novels? According to the Merriam Webster dictionary, a tycoon is "a businessman of exceptional wealth and power: magnate." So, basically a tycoon is a really rich, powerful guy. Okay, I sort of get why that would be sexy. And, the tycoons in Maya Banks trio of books--The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress, The Tycoon's Rebel Bride, and The Tycoon's Secret Af
Wendy
Jan 12, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting book. Ms. Banks takes a storyline that once was used to often and gives it a new fresh feel, the story of amnesia. Our heroine, Marley loved Chrysander, but he thought she had stolen from his family and his company. So while he cared for his mistress he sent her away from his home one night.Marley so upset she couldn't think left without anything, no purse, none of her things, nothing. While still in shock over Chrysander's comments, Marley is kidnapped. She's worried ...more
Stevie
Dec 22, 2015 Stevie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“THE MISTRESS” by Maya Banks

(Opening Theme Music to “The Hills” Starts Playing)

STARRING:

Spencer Pratt As Chrysander

Lauren Conrad As Marley

AND

Heidi Montag As Chrysander’s Evil Assistant
description

(Theme Music Stops Playing)

PREVIOUSLY, ON “THE MISTRESS”:

Chrysander told Marley that she’s not the “Marrying” kind, she’s more the “It’s 2 a.m., I drank a bottle of Tequila, and didn’t eat dinner, booty calling” kind.
THEN
Chrysander’s Evil Assistant planted papers in Marley’s bag making it look like she betr
JennyG
This book had potential. Unfortunately, it was ruined by not only occasional bad grammar and typos but by contrived and choppy writing, passive TSTL heroine and TSTL hero.

I am a fan of amnesia stories but this one didn't make sense. The hero is supposed to be a stranger since she is amnesic and she allows him to do with her what he wants? A bit of caution and restraint would have been in order.

One of heroine's TSTL moments:

Heroine: "Chrysander, why do you have so many security people?"

She poses
Dianna
Jan 31, 2015 Dianna rated it liked it
Marley has been Chrysander’s live-in mistress for a little while and it’s going ok. Except that now she’s pregnant, and she’s not sure how he’ll react. Before she has a chance to find out, Chrysander’s sexy evil assistant has planted the Secret Hotel Plans in her bag, Chrysander’s found them, accused her of betraying him, and thrown her out of his life.

Marley runs down the street, blinded by her tears of love and loss, and then she’s bundled into a car and taken away by kidnappers.

Three months l
Paula Legate
I just finished reading this book for the 3rd time. It is one of my favorites. Maya Banks is a very talented author. I hate that she changed the cover of the book. This one is much better than the new one. Just my opinion. Back to the book itself: I felt the deep emotions of agony, pain, and love. I read a lot of books, and this book is by far the best at telling the story, that I could feel the intense emotions that the characters were feeling. I was pulled right into the story.

Marley had just
Leona
Jun 13, 2012 Leona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
ok...so this was a fascinating book, but really went down hill and fell flat in the last 30 pages. I have never read a Maya Banks book, but for some reason, I expected better from her.

I actually could get past the implausibility of the kidnapping and the fact that the kidnapping wasn't resolved in the end. I could get past the fact that even though she had major reservations about Chrysander (she could see his hatred for her in his eyes) she was still willing to hop off to his secluded Greek Is
Jenny
Mar 01, 2016 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the angst but poor heroine she suffered too much! my heart broke for her. it was obvious the thief was his evil bitchy secretary. how could he blame poor Marley? glad we got an epilogue with the birth of their baby boy!
Gina
Mar 25, 2016 Gina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have gone down a path of free downloads of which there is no escape. (And a friend just sent me a link for 9 more today. Help!) At least it feels that way if I read and finished this. So many DNF moments yet I just kept going! This is old school pregnesia WTF-ery at its finest. There is also kidnapping, a billionaire with a private island, the evil female rival, and enough plot holes to make it all the way to the other side of the earth. I couldn't stand the hero or the heroine and didn't want ...more
Aarann
I enjoyed this book. It actually reminded me a lot of what Response would have been if written in present day. When the book opens, Marley has just found out she's pregnant. Rather than telling her boyfriend, Chrysander, she asks him about their relationship and is told rather succinctly, that she is a mistress, not a girlfriend, not future wife material -- pretty much that she's spent this whole time thinking they had a love relationship when in actuality he thinks of her as his whore (he's not ...more
Paige

Another hit for Maya Banks in my opinion. I really liked THE TYCOON’S PREGNANT MISTRESS.

***Details***

I was worried going in that the entire book would be spent with Chrysander Anetakis wanting payback on Marley Jameson after he believes her to be selling insider information to his competitors.

On the day Marley is set to tell Chrysander about her pregnancy, she questions the statues of their relationship and he accuses her of stealing. As she’s leaving their building she is captured.

A
Netha
Sep 16, 2012 Netha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: conte-rom
maya bank emang jago bikin novel yang mengaduk2 emosi....ini salah 1 nya

Hidup Maley Jameson terpuruk setelah mendapati dirinya pregnant sedang Crysander, pria yang selama ini sangat dicintainya, ternyata menganggapnya hanyalah seorang mistress.
parahnya lagi crysander menuduh maley sebagai traitor & menjual rahasia perusahaan crysander pada saingan crysander.
crysander tidak memberikan kesempatan pada maley untuk membela diri maupun menjelaskan, tau2 crysander sudah melemparnya ke jalanan.
saki
RLA
Aug 10, 2011 RLA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the start of the book the heroine Marley has just found out she is pregnant and although she and the hero Chrysander have been together a while, Marley doesn't know where their relationship is going. Before she gets the chance to tell him about the pregnancy he confronts her and accuses her of stealing information from his company and orders her out where she is then kidnapped. Three month later Chrysander discovers that Marley has been held hostage since they last saw each other and she is p ...more
Teena in Toronto
This is the first book in the "Tycoon" series with the Anetakis brothers ... this one is about the oldest brother, Chrysander. I'd read the one focusing on Theron yesterday (they are quick reads) and thought it was pretty dumb. But I'd already downloaded this one from the library so thought I'd give it a shot.

It's not a great book but I enjoyed it more than the first one and the author seemed to be more in touch with reality.

I know it's a Silhouette Romance but there were some flaws that I had t
Mara
Nov 18, 2015 Mara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
My only excuse is that I bought what I think is the self published version, the title of which is simply The mistress. Yes, the blurb did sound suspiciously like an Harlequin..And yes, I should engage my brain more often. :(

Pretty silly setting, unbelievable plot, the usual doormat and above all this master jerk who would need half the book of grovelling before I could find the situation palatable. Unfortunately there was none leaving me irritated.

I didn't hate it, nor did I enjoy it.
DA4Pups
I read this one in the past and based on another GR review, I had to read again. After the H cruelly rejects her (believing she stole secret company info and informing her she is just his mistress), Marley is abducted and held for ransom. The trauma is so great, when she is recovered she has amnesia. There is a particularly nasty and interfering personal assistant who causes a number of problems for the couple while on the road to HEA. I liked it - 3.5 rounded stars.
KatieV
Definitely one of the better vengeful Greek tycoon, pregnant mistress stories.

He thinks she committed espionage and kicks her out. He doesn't realize she's pregnant at the time. She is kidnapped and when she turns up 3 months later, she has amnesia. H takes advantage of the situation for "revenge" and to gain control of the child.
Jacqueline
2,5 Sterne
Merve Özcan
Bu yorum ayrıca Kitab-ı Sevda da yayınlanmıştır.
Biraz sıkıldığım anlar oldu orta düzeyde bir hikayeydi. Sıkıldığım yönler öncelikle adamın, Chrysander'in kızı sürekli koruma iç güdüsüydü. Ve o merdivenleri tek başına çıkmama hikayesi beni öyle bunalttı ki!
Kitap gereginden az aksiyonlu geldi bana, uzun ve yaklaşık 50 sayfası nerde bu kitapta olay demekle geçti. Kitaptaki tüm aksiyon ilk 20 sayfada olup bitiyordu gerisi teferruat.

Chrysander karakteri bana çok baskıcı geldi. Ama bu hoş bir baskıcıl
Kaycee Sapinoso
The Anestakis Trilogy is one of my favorite trilogies. I really enjoyed all three of them. Maya Banks is exceptionally wonderful writer who knows how to keep her readers interested.

And The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress is my favorite book on this series. I loved the characters, the scenes, the lines and even the emotions between the two main characters.

Can they find a future together or will the truth only cause them more pain? That was the question that kept running in my mind the entire time I
Fiona Marsden
Jan 29, 2013 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This part of the Anetakis Tycoons trilogy about three Greek Bros. In this first book we get Chrysander's story and meet Piers and Theron, the two brothers.

Marley is at a crossroads, needing to know just how her relationship with Chrysander is likely to pan out now that she's fallen pregnant. Being a typical alpha male afraid of his feelings, his kneejerk reaction is 'nowhere'. This is compounded when he finds evidence that Marley is selling company secrets that same night.

He sends her out into t
Amanda Sheila
May 12, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite, maya-banks
Definitely typical of Maya Banks's. :)

Chrysander is furious when he found out about Marley's betrayal. Apparently when they're together, Marley managed to stole some important informations about his work and sold them to his enemy. Chrysander ditch her right away.
Marley's pregnant. With Chrysander's baby. And a minute before she spill the beans, Chrysander accused her for no reason and then shoo her without an explanation. Hurt and pregnant, Marley walked home. But someone kidnapped her a secon
Lynsey A
This one was a slow start but definitely picked up in the middle and in to the end. It was super obvious that the evil other woman was the true villian, which is typical in these short little stories. Still made for interesting reading. I didn't like that the kidnapping wasn't resolved but since the kidnappers were actually nice to the heroine it didn't really matter. It really seems as if it was just thrown in there so as to develop the story more, which worked.

It took a bit for Chrysander to g
Nadia
Greek billionaire's are a weakness of mine, and well, add to that an excellent writer like Maya Banks and we have a great reading. Likable characters, hot scenes and a lot of drama and misunderstandings, but at the end it was worth it.
Adriana Fogaça
Traição
Maya Banks
Harlequin
2014

Não é fácil pra mim, que sou fã da Maya Banks, afirmar, mas estou muito decepcionada.

Normalmente quando leio algum livro da autora, é sempre sensual e hot.

Veja bem, isso não quer dizer que esperava encontrar um texto hot num livro da Harlequin, tenho consciência que é impossível encontrar algo erótico nesta editora.

Mesmo assim, esperava algo sensual ou algo que me fizesse dizer: -Este livro sem duvida é da Maya Banks. Mas o que encontrei, foi mais um livro parecido
The World of Maya...: * 1.The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress 5 21 Jun 27, 2013 04:32AM
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Tempestuous Reunion
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • Raul's Revenge
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover, #1)
  • Response
  • The Italian's Revenge
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

The Anetakis Tycoons (3 books)
  • The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (The Anetakis Tycoons, #2)
  • The Tycoon's Secret Affair (The Anetakis Tycoons, #3)