Start by marking “The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (Anetakis Tycoons, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (Anetakis Tycoons, #1)

The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (The Anetakis Tycoons #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  2,933 ratings  ·  148 reviews
Greek hotel magnate Chrysander Anetakis's former mistress was pregnant? And had amnesia? That meant Marley Jameson didn't remember betraying him by selling company secrets. Or that he'd thrown her out of his life. So he told her a little white lie: they were engaged. Then he swept her away to his Greek island to await the birth of his baby and enjoy her sudden devotion...b ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Silhouette Desire (first published December 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress

AgentScully
If pregnancy + amnesia = Pregnesia (according to the Harlequin/Silhouette title generator), then what is pregnancy + amnesia + kidnapping? Pregnesiapping? Pregnappinesia? The heroine in this one finds out she's pregnant, has sex, encounters nasty Other Woman, gets falsely accused of stealing, gets thrown out by rich Greek lover, and gets kidnapped, all in chapter 1. And I thought I was having a bad hair day.

I admit to not being a fan of Maya Banks' writing. I don't care for her erotica and I wa
willaful
In this book's acknowledgments, Banks writes about how much she loves category romance. Perhaps that's why she decided to write The Category. It has everything you'd expect: the overbearing Greek hero constantly spouting Greek endearments, the pregnant, vulnerable, doormat heroine, the evil other woman, the big betrayal (twice!) and amnesia! (Really seems like it should have been a Harlequin Presents rather than a Silhouette Desire, but I guess there's some overlap.)

I like all the elements, why
Julie (jjmachshev)
What can I say except that when I find an author I enjoy, any time I see the name the next thing I know the book is in my cart! Yes, Maya Banks is writing a trilogy for Silhouette Desire. The good news is, the heat is still there. The bad news is, it's still 'formula' romance. The rest of the good news is, I still enjoyed it and it was a steamy, quick read!

Marley was heartbroken when Chrysander called her his mistress and then accused her of selling his company secrets! She quickly grabs her coa
Tia
Read this long ago, loved the series as a whole. This one is about Chrysander and Marley. She was just his mistress to him but she was pregnant and in love with him. When he thinks she has done the worse, he abandons her. Only for her to wind up kidnapped. When he finally realizes the truth, it may just be too late because Marley seems to be broken beyond repair.
Penny Watson
This review includes all three of the "tycoon" books by Maya Banks....

What exactly is a "tycoon" and why is it so damned popular in certain romance novels? According to the Merriam Webster dictionary, a tycoon is "a businessman of exceptional wealth and power: magnate." So, basically a tycoon is a really rich, powerful guy. Okay, I sort of get why that would be sexy. And, the tycoons in Maya Banks trio of books--The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress, The Tycoon's Rebel Bride, and The Tycoon's Secret Af
Wendy
This was a very interesting book. Ms. Banks takes a storyline that once was used to often and gives it a new fresh feel, the story of amnesia. Our heroine, Marley loved Chrysander, but he thought she had stolen from his family and his company. So while he cared for his mistress he sent her away from his home one night.Marley so upset she couldn't think left without anything, no purse, none of her things, nothing. While still in shock over Chrysander's comments, Marley is kidnapped. She's worried ...more
JennyG
This book had potential. Unfortunately, it was ruined by not only occasional bad grammar and typos but by contrived and choppy writing, passive TSTL heroine and TSTL hero.

I am a fan of amnesia stories but this one didn't make sense. The hero is supposed to be a stranger since she is amnesic and she allows him to do with her what he wants? A bit of caution and restraint would have been in order.

One of heroine's TSTL moments:

Heroine: "Chrysander, why do you have so many security people?"

She poses
Paula Legate
I just finished reading this book for the 3rd time. It is one of my favorites. Maya Banks is a very talented author. I felt the deep emotions of agony, pain, and love. I read a lot of books, and this book is by far the best at telling the story, that I could feel the intense emotions that the characters were feeling. I was pulled right into the story.

Marley had just found out she was pregnant. Before she got the chance to tell Chrysander, he accused her of stealing from his company. He kicked he
Netha
maya bank emang jago bikin novel yang mengaduk2 emosi....ini salah 1 nya

Hidup Maley Jameson terpuruk setelah mendapati dirinya pregnant sedang Crysander, pria yang selama ini sangat dicintainya, ternyata menganggapnya hanyalah seorang mistress.
parahnya lagi crysander menuduh maley sebagai traitor & menjual rahasia perusahaan crysander pada saingan crysander.
crysander tidak memberikan kesempatan pada maley untuk membela diri maupun menjelaskan, tau2 crysander sudah melemparnya ke jalanan.
saki
RLA
At the start of the book the heroine Marley has just found out she is pregnant and although she and the hero Chrysander have been together a while, Marley doesn't know where their relationship is going. Before she gets the chance to tell him about the pregnancy he confronts her and accuses her of stealing information from his company and orders her out where she is then kidnapped. Three month later Chrysander discovers that Marley has been held hostage since they last saw each other and she is p ...more
Teena in Toronto
This is the first book in the "Tycoon" series with the Anetakis brothers ... this one is about the oldest brother, Chrysander. I'd read the one focusing on Theron yesterday (they are quick reads) and thought it was pretty dumb. But I'd already downloaded this one from the library so thought I'd give it a shot.

It's not a great book but I enjoyed it more than the first one and the author seemed to be more in touch with reality.

I know it's a Silhouette Romance but there were some flaws that I had t
Leona
ok...so this was a fascinating book, but really went down hill and fell flat in the last 30 pages. I have never read a Maya Banks book, but for some reason, I expected better from her.

I actually could get past the implausibility of the kidnapping and the fact that the kidnapping wasn't resolved in the end. I could get past the fact that even though she had major reservations about Chrysander (she could see his hatred for her in his eyes) she was still willing to hop off to his secluded Greek Is
Paige

Another hit for Maya Banks in my opinion. I really liked THE TYCOON’S PREGNANT MISTRESS.

***Details***

I was worried going in that the entire book would be spent with Chrysander Anetakis wanting payback on Marley Jameson after he believes her to be selling insider information to his competitors.

On the day Marley is set to tell Chrysander about her pregnancy, she questions the statues of their relationship and he accuses her of stealing. As she’s leaving their building she is captured.

A
Dianna
Marley has been Chrysander’s live-in mistress for a little while and it’s going ok. Except that now she’s pregnant, and she’s not sure how he’ll react. Before she has a chance to find out, Chrysander’s sexy evil assistant has planted the Secret Hotel Plans in her bag, Chrysander’s found them, accused her of betraying him, and thrown her out of his life.

Marley runs down the street, blinded by her tears of love and loss, and then she’s bundled into a car and taken away by kidnappers.

Three months l
Merve  Özcan
Bu yorum ayrıca Kitab-ı Sevda da yayınlanmıştır.
Biraz sıkıldığım anlar oldu orta düzeyde bir hikayeydi. Sıkıldığım yönler öncelikle adamın, Chrysander'in kızı sürekli koruma iç güdüsüydü. Ve o merdivenleri tek başına çıkmama hikayesi beni öyle bunalttı ki!
Kitap gereginden az aksiyonlu geldi bana, uzun ve yaklaşık 50 sayfası nerde bu kitapta olay demekle geçti. Kitaptaki tüm aksiyon ilk 20 sayfada olup bitiyordu gerisi teferruat.

Chrysander karakteri bana çok baskıcı geldi. Ama bu hoş bir baskıcıl
Kaycee Sapinoso
The Anestakis Trilogy is one of my favorite trilogies. I really enjoyed all three of them. Maya Banks is exceptionally wonderful writer who knows how to keep her readers interested.

And The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress is my favorite book on this series. I loved the characters, the scenes, the lines and even the emotions between the two main characters.

Can they find a future together or will the truth only cause them more pain? That was the question that kept running in my mind the entire time I
Fiona Marsden
This part of the Anetakis Tycoons trilogy about three Greek Bros. In this first book we get Chrysander's story and meet Piers and Theron, the two brothers.

Marley is at a crossroads, needing to know just how her relationship with Chrysander is likely to pan out now that she's fallen pregnant. Being a typical alpha male afraid of his feelings, his kneejerk reaction is 'nowhere'. This is compounded when he finds evidence that Marley is selling company secrets that same night.

He sends her out into t
Amanda Sheila
Definitely typical of Maya Banks's. :)

Chrysander is furious when he found out about Marley's betrayal. Apparently when they're together, Marley managed to stole some important informations about his work and sold them to his enemy. Chrysander ditch her right away.
Marley's pregnant. With Chrysander's baby. And a minute before she spill the beans, Chrysander accused her for no reason and then shoo her without an explanation. Hurt and pregnant, Marley walked home. But someone kidnapped her a secon
Lynsey A
This one was a slow start but definitely picked up in the middle and in to the end. It was super obvious that the evil other woman was the true villian, which is typical in these short little stories. Still made for interesting reading. I didn't like that the kidnapping wasn't resolved but since the kidnappers were actually nice to the heroine it didn't really matter. It really seems as if it was just thrown in there so as to develop the story more, which worked.

It took a bit for Chrysander to g
Adriana Fogaça
Traição
Maya Banks
Harlequin
2014

Não é fácil pra mim, que sou fã da Maya Banks, afirmar, mas estou muito decepcionada.

Normalmente quando leio algum livro da autora, é sempre sensual e hot.

Veja bem, isso não quer dizer que esperava encontrar um texto hot num livro da Harlequin, tenho consciência que é impossível encontrar algo erótico nesta editora.

Mesmo assim, esperava algo sensual ou algo que me fizesse dizer: -Este livro sem duvida é da Maya Banks. Mas o que encontrei, foi mais um livro parecido
Paula
4.5 seria a pontuação mais justa! Ora aqui está um livro lindo para quem aprecia Maya Banks. Adorei e já vou começar a ler o proximo!
K2bell
Read the Harlequin version "The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress". Unless this is a reboot and rewrite why release it. A new pretty cover?
it won't change the Harlequin storyline. Part of a series in 2009.
Not a bad story just not great. If the author is rewriting it I will reread and change review.
destinugrainy
Lagi nyari bacaan ringan yang ga pake mikir, dan secara random milih ebook ini.
Marley mendapati dirinya sedang hamil 8 minggu, dan mengandung anak dari kekasihnya Chrysander. Disebut kekasih sebenarnya tidak tepat juga karena Chrysander belum pernah mengucapkan kata cinta padanya meski mereka telah tinggal bersama sekian lama. Saat Marley hendak menegaskan hubungan mereka, Marley dihadapkan pada pengakuan Chrysander bahwa dirinya hanyalah seorang mistress dan tidak lebih. Di waktu yang bersamaan
Lyndi

I've seen this book referenced so much, I decided I just needed to bite the bullet and figure out what the fuss is about. It's was pretty good, I guess? It was just so unbelievable. And while I could forgive most of it as just being a Silhouette Desire book, there was one thing that I couldn't stand.

Marley just... is. There is no mention or appearance of family, dead parents, siblings, cousins, foster care, what have you. There's no mention or appearance of a single friend - there's no
Dalia
Oh my god. This is possibly the worst book I've ever read. It's on the same level as 50 Shades of Pathetic Grey if not worse. From the get go, I hated the characters with a passion.
Marley is a weakling, she gave up her job and apartment because her boss was distracted by her good looks and offered her to move in with him so he could have her whenever he wants. On top of that, he goes on all these business trips and when he comes back she cooks for him and has sex with him. That's it. There is no
Erin Muses
Maya Banks is one of my favorite authors, so this was an easy pre-order (the version that I have is just called The Mistress and is a Harlequin best-selling authors collection special). The book was good as I expected, although I was a little surprised that it felt a lot like another book of hers with someone who gets amnesia during a pregnancy. Included was a bonus book by a new-to-me author named Carol Marinelli - it was OK (3 stars).
Lin
3 to 3.5 stars
Ok written story but very predictable. A little suspense would not have killed anyone.

I'm disappointed because Maya Banks is a favorite author of mine. Either this was one of her earlier books or i may be outgrowing her style.... but honestly I don't remember any of her books being this simplistic.

In general, most authors botch amnesia stories.... making them so unbelievable.
Cris
Não entendi essa novidade, a Harlequin esta publicando os livrinhos da série Paixão na Rainhas do Romance agora??
Sinceramente, não gostei da novidade. A história é boazinha, mas não deveria ser publicada na Rainhas do Romance, se eu quiser ler um livrinho Paixão, eu compro um Paixão!! Não precisam me enganar para ler.

Vamos ver se eu estou mentindo:
A mocinha, que é amante do magnata grego, fica grávida e quando vai contar a novidade é acusada de traição e de vender os planos para a construção de
KatieV
Definitely one of the better vengeful Greek tycoon, pregnant mistress stories.

He thinks she committed espionage and kicks her out. He doesn't realize she's pregnant at the time. She is kidnapped and when she turns up 3 months later, she has amnesia. H takes advantage of the situation for "revenge" and to gain control of the child.
The World of Maya...: * 1.The Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress 5 20 Jun 27, 2013 04:32AM
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover #1)
  • Tempestuous Reunion
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Raul's Revenge
  • Gold Ring of Betrayal
  • Response
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • Baby of Shame
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

The Anetakis Tycoons (3 books)
  • The Tycoon's Rebel Bride (The Anetakis Tycoons, #2)
  • The Tycoon's Secret Affair (The Anetakis Tycoons, #3)
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)