The Billionaire Boss's Innocent Bride

The Billionaire Boss's Innocent Bride (Hired: For the Boss's Pleasure #1)

3.06 of 5 stars 3.06  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Alexandra Hill is worlds away from Max Goodwin's usual choice of glamorous employee. But this CEO needs a secretary--fast. He hires Alex, with one condition: a makeover Soon she's turned from dowdy assistant to stunning beauty--and Max's thoughts turn from professional to very personal indeed....

Max's playboy lifestyle couldn't be more different from Alex's convent-school...more
Published January 2nd 2009 by Harlequin Presents Extra (first published October 1st 2008)

Harlequin Books
Alexandra Hill isn't the usual glamorous employee that CEO, Max, is looking for but he must hire her with the condition she agrees to a makeover!

Max is shocked by the beauty she becomes. What a difference the right clothes and haircut made! Now his thoughts turn to her becoming his mistress not just his secretary!

Work place romance have a special place in my heart. This isn't one set in an office but that was fine with me. I really enjoyed this fast paced read.
Roub
nice 1 but the tone was too monotone. no scorching chemistry, no angst, no drama here. just a plain simple n nice story. it did not work 4 me though it's likeable. alex is the girl next door kinda girl. she gets employed by max goodwind n falls instantly 4him. her wit, her sense of humour, her frankness..well truly it was her naivety n her youth, won max over. i really felt like max was a cradle snatcher in some parts of the book bcoz alex was so naive n childish. i have 2 give it 2 max, he was...more
Michelle8111
Too many POVs in this book made it unradable. I don't need to know what every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks about the main characters. The tension was entirely lost.
Ltlmer2
Overall this was a quick fun read with charming H/h. A tame romance, but the characters were very likable and you were drawn into the story and their romance. A little sappy at the end, but for a light read, it fit the bill nicely (rhough the author had a tendency to over-describe the rooms/furnishings).
Amy
The first half of the book was a good setup, but the conflict to keep them apart didn't really makes sense and the resolution was contrived and rushed.
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
I'm not torturing myself again by reading a book with the australian dialect. I was confused half of the time, so I didn't really enjoy reading it.
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Suzette Hanna
Suzette Hanna marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Izandra Mascarenhas
Izandra Mascarenhas marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Hema Thasapalan
Hema Thasapalan marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Jandira Silva
Jandira Silva marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Asleema
Asleema marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Mona
Mona added it
May 08, 2014
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Hetal
Hetal marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Joanna
Joanna added it
Mar 09, 2014
JoJo
JoJo marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lindsay Armstrong was born in South Africa. She grew up with threeambitions: to become a writer, to travel the world, and to be a game ranger.She didn't achieve the last one, but her fascination for wildlife and thatspecial something about Africa and its big game still remains with her. Whenshe went to work it was in travel, at an agency and an airline, and thisstarted her on the road to seeing th...more
More about Lindsay Armstrong...
One Night Pregnancy Saved from Sin The Girl He Never Noticed The Cattle Baron's Virgin Wife The Australian's Housekeeper Bride (Harlequin Presents, #2634)