Start by marking “Murder at Moot Point (Charlie Greene, #1)” as Want to Read:
Murder at Moot Point (Charlie Greene, #1)

Murder at Moot Point (Charlie Greene #1)

Hollywood agent Charlie Greene gets tangled up in a world of holistic intervention, out-of-body experiences, and murder in this thrilling paranormal mystery.
Hollywood literary agent and single mother Charlie Greene heads out of town to fog-bound Moot Point, Oregon, to meet a client, reclusive New Age author Jack Monroe. But Charlie barely has time to sample a veggie meal
Published June 5th 2001 by Doubleday (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Murder at Moot Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at Moot Point

Ivonne Rovira
Jun 15, 2015 Ivonne Rovira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of offbeat cozies
Recommended to Ivonne by: NetGalley
How glad I am that Open Road Media is re-releasing this charming debut in a series about the misadventures of an unfortunate literary agent and single mom, Charlie Greene! Charlie, heroine of Murder at Moot Point, proves infectiously likable, and readers will chuckle as she repeatedly evades the sheriff and his deputies in order to conduct her own investigation into a murder.

Charlie has come to Moot Point, Oregon, a New Age haven, in order to conduct some business with a new client for her firm,
Elsi
My Thoughts

Charlie Greene, a Hollywood agent, travels to Moot Point, Oregon, to track down a client who hasn't been replying to her mail. Shortly after arriving, she is surprised to find a dead woman beneath her car. With all the clues pointing her way, Charlie knows that she's the only one convinced that she's innocent. And who else to gather as much information as possible to smoke out the real killer.

“Quirky” definitely fits, though I'm not sure that “suspenseful” does. And that's OK by me.
Diana
Oct 07, 2012 Diana rated it liked it
Love the title of this book. The story is about murder at Moot Point, Oregon.
Charlie Green (female) is a book agent. She is sent to the town to check out a relative of one of
her clients who has a book draft for her to check out. It is a dark and foggy night when she arrives in Moot Point. A woman's body and her cruched bike are found under Charlie's car. No one, especially the attractive sheriff, can believe she would run over a woman and not feel it. Then it is discovered the woman had been s
Lynn Lerch
Sep 28, 2015 Lynn Lerch rated it liked it
Moot Point Oregon is full of odd characters. Charlie Green goes there on a foggy night to sign a new author for a publishing company she works for. Within a very short time a body is found under her car and a crumpled bike near by. What happened, who is framing her and why? A real thriller! How did I miss this book when it came out in 1992? I'm glad I found it.
Barbara
A fun romp in the Pacific Northwest, in a town full of new-agers. I picked this book because of its "punny" title, and the author manages to restrict herself to only two uses of the obvious fun-poking pun throughout the book. A quirky not-quite romance, and I did enjoy it.
Phil Mullen
Aug 14, 2010 Phil Mullen rated it liked it
Pleasant if small read; a few chuckles.

Not, I admit, as insignificant as I suspected when, by error, I got it at the library.
Jenn Estepp
Surprised this was originally published in the 90s - it felt way more 70s or 80s. It's not great - too long, too byzantine - but not the worst thing ever, either.
Mary Tumele
Very good mystery

This book was a very good mystery, but a little wordy. It seemed to take a long while to get anywhere and became repetitious. I did enjoy reading it anyway.
Lucy P Bishop
Lucy P Bishop rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Ellie
Ellie rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2009
Joyce Wessel
Joyce Wessel rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Sharon Holford
Aug 04, 2015 Sharon Holford rated it really liked it

I liked the story. It was a little hard to read - needed some editing.
Evonne
Evonne rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2011
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2013
margaret i morey
margaret i morey rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Nicole Ward
Nicole Ward rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Sus
Sus rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Judith Dasher
Judith Dasher rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Barb Foerst
Barb Foerst rated it liked it
May 04, 2011
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Oct 24, 2016
Brenda Bradshaw
Brenda Bradshaw rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Bibliobabe
Bibliobabe rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Sep 24, 2014
azkat
azkat rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Brenda Freeman
Apr 05, 2015 Brenda Freeman rated it liked it
Enjoyed this series. It is nice that they are republished so the author can get new fans.
Toni
Toni rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2013
Tali
Tali rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2012
Rose
Rose rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2016
Jonquil
Jonquil rated it liked it
May 21, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine these books 3 13 May 11, 2015 06:59AM
Marlys Millhiser is an American author of fifteen mysteries and horror novels. Born in Charles City, Iowa, Millhiser originally worked as a high school teacher. She has served as a regional vice president of the Mystery Writers of America and is best known for her novel The Mirror and for the Charlie Greene Mysteries. Millhiser currently lives in Boulder, Colorado.
More about Marlys Millhiser...

Charlie Greene (8 books)
  • Death of the Office Witch (Charlie Greene, #2)
  • Murder in a Hot Flash (Charlie Greene, #3)
  • It's Murder Going Home (Charlie Greene, #4)
  • Nobody Dies in a Casino (Charlie Greene, #5)
  • Killer Commute (Charlie Greene, #6)
  • The Rampant Reaper (Charlie Greene, #7)
  • Voices in the Wardrobe (The Charlie Greene Mysteries Book 8)