Start by marking “The Cicada Funeral” as Want to Read:
The Cicada Funeral

The Cicada Funeral

THE CICADA FUNERAL A Mystery Romance The new clerk, Sam Houston Morrison, followed her out of the store. Miss Gibbs, wait! Yes? In a rather serious voice, he said, Miss Gibbs, you took something you haven t paid for. Meg s face flushed in indignation. I most certainly did not! I only took what I paid for, the hammer. Oh but you did, he said softly. You took a piece of my ...more
Published August 6th 2009 by Knightsbridge Publishing LLC (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Cicada Funeral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cicada Funeral

Megan Swanson
Mar 27, 2016 Megan Swanson rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-spring-feb
I think that I went into this book with the wrong mindset. I'll have to read it again in a couple of weeks-and start it earlier in the day. I expected that this would be heavily romance like all of her other books, but since Sam, Meg's husband, has been missing since the funeral, most of the book goes on without him. And without his guiding influence, and thinking that her father abandoned them, Pepper has never really found anyone to share her life with. I don't blame her, I would have my ...more
Cherilee
Dec 04, 2015 Cherilee rated it liked it
I wanted to like this more than I did. It isn't often that a book builds and builds and then takes TOO LONG to finish things off but that is exactly what happened in this book. I got frustrated by what felt like an eternity of finally coming to a conclusion. Also, the mystery wasn't very strong. Its not hard to keep things a mystery when you never introduce the characters or even have them play much of a part in the story.
Lesa
Sep 16, 2012 Lesa rated it it was ok
The plot was pretty weak and I didn't like the writing. I often felt the characters made the wrong decisions. Nowhere does it say that this is Christian fiction, but it is. The last couple of chapters about Wick and Pepper were really pukey.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2010
Judie
Judie rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Momschick
Momschick rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2011
Caroline Liedtke
Caroline Liedtke rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2010
Samm
Samm rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Shelena
Shelena marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2009
Stacie Christensen
Stacie Christensen marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2010
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2010
Breanna
Breanna marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2011
Danie
Danie added it
Feb 01, 2011
Mary G
Mary G added it
Jul 08, 2013
BookishDreamer
BookishDreamer marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2012
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2013
Karen Christiansen
Karen Christiansen marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Marjie
Marjie added it
Nov 22, 2014
Hailey
Hailey marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
I can swing higher than the chicken coop. The fun of picking and chewing pine gum. Or every kid ought to have a cow like Blossom. I wish I could tell you all about these and dozens of other stories about my life, but I’ll try to pick out the highlights.

I was born in a small community in the Four Corners country of the American southwest. My father was a sheepman, cattleman, rancher, and owner of a
More about Alene Roberts...