Blank-133x176
Sacred Sex Sacred Sex

Tim Alan Gardner

Sacred Sex Sacred Sex

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  11 reviews
For years, Christians have been told that sex is God's creation, designed by him as a gift to husbands and wives. Yet few couples actually experience sex as a spiritual, God-ordained experience. Rather than admittheir lack of fulfillment, many couples hide their disappointment and confusion, while others attempt to solve the problem through better sexual technique.
Unfortu...more
Published January 14th 2009 by Waterbrook Press (first published May 21st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Sex Sacred Sex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Sex Sacred Sex

Skylar Burris
This was a bit disappointing. It's nice to have a Christian book discussing the spiritual value of sex, which is too often viewed from the negative than the positive aspects in Christian discourse, but the book was too vague and offered no real practical suggestions or exercises for enhancing the spiritual/sexual connection with one's spouse. (I am not speaking of sexual technique, which the author makes the point is not the key to good sex, but of spiritual exercises for connecting.) The study/...more
Keith Feisel
Besides a book on the ins and outs of sexual intimacy like Ed Wheat's "Intended for Pleasure," this book has been the most helpful for me as it relates to the spiritual aspects of sex.
Aaron
Um... This still sounds weird, after reading this book, but sex can be a holy event. If a christian's whole life can be lived for God, and I think it can (meaning it's possible, not that it often happens), then every activity proper for the should be able to be somehow done in a way that honors God. That idea, specifically applied to sex, is what this book is about.

Very interesting, and challenging.
Fernando J.
Jul 17, 2012 Fernando J. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Great book for married couples who want to build a solid foundation of God's purpose for the sexual relationship between a husband and his wife that is based on God's Truth, rather than the hollow and deceptive philosophies of the world. A must-read for any husband who has struggled with sexual immoralities of any kind in the past.
Dana
I never thought I would say the word "sex" this often...

My husband and I read this book together, and it has totally changed the way to view sex in light of God's design for oneness and holiness. If you want to have some great "holy sex", I would highly recommend this book to every Christian couple!!!
Jennifer Short
Although I'm not married, I found this book very interesting and informing. For so many years I've heard in church "Sex is bad. Don't do it". But sex is good and designed by God for us to enjoy. It was so nice to read a different view of sex by someone who is a Christian.
Donna Hunt
a wonderful book for all married couples, and those who want to get married. Find out what God intended sex to be, and have a truly fulfilled God honoring marriage.
Lance Mccaskill
The material presented by the author in this book really helped revolutionized what I thought and knew about sex.
Eric Lowdersomething
Apr 03, 2008 Eric Lowdersomething rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: jlowdermilk@rtmc.net
A must read for Husbands!!
Lawrence Faithful
Lawrence Faithful marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Kelly Bayes
Kelly Bayes marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Kristin Cardoza
Kristin Cardoza marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Stacia
Stacia marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Mariana Scutaru
Mariana Scutaru marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Lisa
Lisa is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Naked Soul: God's Amazing, Everyday Solution to Loneliness Sacred Sex The Naked Soul: God's Amazing, Everyday Solution to Loneliness