Louella Mae, She's Run Away!

Louella Mae, She's Run Away!

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  20 reviews
A playful story with a surprise ending!

"Louella Mae,
she's run away!
Look in the cornfields!
Look in the hay!
Where, oh where, is Louella Mae?"

Louella Mae is missing and everyone on the farm is frantically trying to find her. In the hay, in the well, in the barn: she is nowhere to be found. But there's a surprise in store at the end of the book when we find that Louella Mae is...more
Published April 1st 2002 by Square Fish (first published January 1st 1997)

midnightfaerie
We liked the last Beaumont we read, so we decided to try another. My 3 yr old twins were slightly interested, mostly because of the bright colorful pictures. My 5 yr old loves rhyming so that's what kept him slightly engaged, but not much more. The most fun to this book is trying to guess what Louella Mae is and where she's hiding. Even though there's a big hint on the front cover, we all missed it and were surprised to find out what she was. Other than that, I probably wouldn't read it again.
Christine Turner
A growing crowd searches all around the family farm for the missing Louella Mae.
Louella Mae, she runs away! Look in the cornfields! Look in the hay!" Can you guess where Louella Mae might be? This playful interactive text invites the reader to participate in the search that takes place on a large family farm. The book is perfect for read-alouds as well as for beginning readers. And there's a surprise in store for whoever finds the elusive Louella Mae! www.hcpl.net

I read this in storytime last we...more
Kara Roberts
"Can you guess where Louella Mae might be? This playful interactive text invites the reader to participate in the search that takes place on a large family farm.
The book is perfect for read-alouds as well as for beginning readers. And there's a surprise in store for whoever finds the elusive Louella Mae!"

Great book for elementary schools. I like how this book made you want to turn the page and find out more. This book does a great job for children to predict what the next rhyming word will be. I...more
Cathy
"Louella Mae,
she runs away!
Look in the cornfields!
Look in the hay!"

Andrea Estelle
We had a riot with this book. I read it in a Kristen- Wieg-over-the-top type of voice and the boys thought it was hilarious. There was a good five minutes of laughter when we discovered who Louella Mae was on the last page. I bought this one for the library even though it is an older title.
Shelby Troutman
The family hunts everywhere for Louella Mae. We are led to believe that Louella Mae is a little girl, but she is actually a pig. After hunting everywhere for her, they find her asleep in the bath tub. Good to show that sometimes what you are looking for is in the most obvious places.
This story in rhyme takes us on a hunt for a child (we assume) who has run off and is lost. Thanks to well-placed page turns, we're prompted to guess where she is. Bright folksy illustrations provide details about the setting and the characters. The surprise ending adds extra charm.
Ashlee Gibson
First off, I had no idea that Louella Mae was a pig into the end! I got a kick out of that! I thought a little girl ran away! This book has a lot of rhyming words. This book also gives students the opportunity to make predictions on various parts of the story.
Gail
Oddly, I liked this. It's good for teaching rhyme, because the reader can guess what the rhyme is, and the answer is on the next page. It's a little precious, though, with the country dialect. The last page is a cute surprise.
Renae Williams
This book sends you on an adventure to find the pig Louella Mae. The story is fun for young children and it would be good to make predictions with. It is exciting trying to guess where Louella Mae has run off to next.
Tiffany
Fun book for kids (K-2) to try to figure out where (and who!) Louella Mae is. The book rhymes, so kids can use their knowledge of word families to try to guess the next place Louella Mae might be hiding.
James Ramsey
It has been one of my storytime favorites for years. A book that allows the kids to guess what is coming next. The clues are given in rhymes. Who is Louella Mae?
Leyla
Loved it. Great for 4-year-olds although I think my daughter prefers deep stories but I insist in books with repetition and high-frequency words ...
Sarah Stumphf
I love this book, because it rolls off your tongue as you read it aloud. Cute little book about searching with a twist at the end!
Kitchengrrl
Cute book, with a little guessing game for children to work on rhyming and predicting. My tutoring student enjoyed it.
Allison
Louella Mae has run away! Each page provides an oppertunity for children to come up with rhymes.
Lisa
We loved this book! The ending really made us giggle, super cute!
Kimberly
May 09, 2008 Kimberly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anybody
Recommended to Kimberly by: Travis
Shelves: picture-books
One of my all time favorite kids read aloud books!!!
Evie