Start by marking “Chocolate Dreams” as Want to Read:
Chocolate Dreams

Chocolate Dreams (Candy Fairies #1)

In Chocolate Dreams, Cocoa the Chocolate Fairy is blamed for the missing chocolate eggs—but really it’s the sour troll Mogu who stole them! Can Cocoa save the chocolate eggs and restore the balance of Sugar Valley?
Published January 26th 2010 by Aladdin (first published January 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate Dreams

Jayda
Mar 15, 2012 Jayda rated it it was amazing
i like this book because it's wriiten by my favorite author. I also love chocholate and fairies.
Kaylin and Liam
7 years old
Maggie
Jul 29, 2010 Maggie rated it it was amazing
Warning to everyone who likes candy out there (A.K.A everyone!!) - you'll love this book!!!
Jul 01, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 5 year old daughter and I read this book together and she really liked it. Although, reading the back of the book you would think this was a big adventure story, when really the adventure begins and ends within 2 of the 12 chapters. Regardless of the back of the book being slightly over dramatic,my daughter liked it enough that she now wants to read the second book in the series. Me as an adult, it was good, of course most of it is predictable, but still it was fun to read with my daughter an ...more
Mary Ann
I read this aloud with my 2nd grader and was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the writing and language. A nice alternative to the Rainbow Fairy stories.

I will definitely buy these for our school library and recommend them to children who want short chapter books. My only wish is that the illustrations better correspond to the text - often the emotions in the illustrations don't help new readers understand the emotions in the text.
Inspired Kathy
Sep 04, 2012 Inspired Kathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
My 6 year old wanted to transition to chapter books and this is what she chose for me to read to her. She's loving it. I was not excited to read this to her and it honestly took me a while to get into the rhythm of the story and all it's sugary sweetness.

I'd say it is just ok read but my daughter who it is aimed at thinks it amazing and can't wait for the next book.
Jamie
Apr 05, 2013 Jamie rated it really liked it
My daughter, who's in Kindergarten, absolutely loved this book. She was even able to read a lot of it by herself! She has so much confidence now! Cute story, I wish they had a series like this when I was growing up.
Mary
As far as getting your 7 year old to read goes- this book does it's job well. What little girl doesn't want to read about fairies AND dessert!
My teeth hurt while I am reading, but it's worth it to be able to read with her.
Jacqueline
My eight year old daughter absolutely adores these books. She reads them as fast as we can get our hands on them. That gets this book five stars if for no other reason...candy, fairies, friends -- winner
jacky
Natalie decided to drop this one. While she likes sweets and fairies, the two together wasn't engaging for her. She seems to like more traditional fantasy (nature fairies) or when fantasy bleeds into reality (Magic Kitten, HP).
Heather
Aug 24, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: novels, own
O and Daddy have been reading this series. O enjoys them, Daddy says they are nowhere near as good as the Fairy Bell Sister series.
Tanya
Mar 12, 2013 Tanya rated it did not like it
Just couldn't do it. Seven year old didn't even notice that we did not finish it. I whisked it back to the library. It's just so sloooow.
Kristen
Jul 19, 2013 Kristen rated it it was ok
Oh my goodness, what a bundle of saccharine fluff. This was not to my taste at all, but the huge Rainbow Fairies following will absolutely LOVE this series.
Amanda
Aug 06, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it
It was a little repetitive and, at times, a little sickeningly sweet, but a quick read with my preschooler.
Corinne
Oct 08, 2010 Corinne rated it it was amazing
I like when Coco and Princess Lolly go to an evil troll that takes away all most of the candy in fairy land wich is over the frosted mountains.
Bookslut
Feb 11, 2015 Bookslut rated it did not like it
Shelves: iris
Yuck.
Stacy
Apr 03, 2013 Stacy rated it really liked it
the 4 stars are for the kids, they love these books, i don't quite get why.
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Nov 28, 2010 Lisa (A Life Bound By Books) rated it really liked it
Super cute MG book. Review to follow soon.
Reese
Mar 04, 2016 Reese rated it it was amazing
I love it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much
Jaime
Apr 14, 2014 Jaime rated it liked it
Me and my 5 year old daughter read this together in 3 days! She enjoyed it very much!
AR Braithwaite
Jul 31, 2016 AR Braithwaite rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
This book kept my little one's attention and was a fun adventure read. It also made me crave chocolate the whole time though!
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2012
Ina
Ina rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2015
Taryn
Taryn rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2015
Jody
Jody rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Littleladyb
Littleladyb rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
MacKenzie
MacKenzie rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Regan Boulanger
Regan Boulanger rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Lily
Lily rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
  • Elisa the Royal Adventure Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Princess Fairies #4)
  • Trouble at Trident Academy
  • The Lost Gold (The Rescue Princesses, #7)
  • A New Friend (Magic Ponies, #1)

Candy Fairies (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Rainbow Swirl
  • Caramel Moon
  • Cool Mint
  • Magic Hearts
  • The Sugar Ball (Candy Fairies, #6)
  • A Valentine's Surprise
  • Bubble Gum Rescue
  • Double Dip
  • Jelly Bean Jumble
  • The Chocolate Rose (Candy Fairies, #11)