Start by marking “Accidental Mistress (Harlequin Presents #2729)” as Want to Read:
Accidental Mistress (Harlequin Presents #2729)

Accidental Mistress (Taken by the Millionaire #5)

The things she had to do to save her family business! Emily Quest had dressed to the nines and gone to an awful party, where she'd been rescued by a handsome stranger.

Despite the sizzling attraction between them, Emily never thought she'd see him again. But now he's right in front of her, as gorgeous as ever! Ethan West thinks Emily is a rapacious good-time girl, and he's

Published November 1st 2008 by Harlequin Enterprises (first published August 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Accidental Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidental Mistress

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Accidental Mistress was a nice Sunday afternoon read. I love settling down with a Harlequin Presents on the weekend, because they are quick, hopefully satisfying reads. In this case, I was about 90% satisfied.

I am a big fan of this author because she writes great heroes and heroines. Her heroines are nice, normal, and likable. They are attractive in a real world kind of way, but the hero seems crazy about them (I love besotted heroes). They are women you'd want to be friends with in real life.
MBR
You know what happens when you read a book that has worked for you on so many levels and want a repeat experience? That is what happened to make me choose Accidental Mistress by Susan Napier, still riding the high from my previous read, The Love Conspiracy by the same. Accidental Mistress starts in an unusual setting. Emily Quest making a steal of an artifact at a party catering for the needs of the hedonistic rich, not her usual setting on any level. That is where she runs into Michael Webber, ...more
Vintage
Well, I went into this with misgivings, but in general Susan Napier does not disappoint. She doesn't here. Her heroes are usually rugged alphas that can skirt the edge of arrogant ass-hat without wallowing in the role too much.

I'll be honest. I did not care for the beginning of the book at all. Once we got to present day though, I loved it. LOVED IT. My son and I were driving down from Flagstaff, and I made him drive so I could read.

Ethan verges on cruel at times, but redeems himself for the mo
Maura
Melinda
Jan 24, 2014 Melinda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I remember liking this book even though I thought the hero was silly. I like that the heroine is a preservationist. It worked with my geek factor and I connected with her character. I like that she does what she has to do for family and her friendship with the hero's uncle/grandpapa is sweet. But I do think that one can be treated like a slut for only so long before it gets tired. which is what happened for me as a reader.
Shanelle
Aug 10, 2012 Shanelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this one. The dialog is histerical. I love it when the characters spar with words. These two really set sparks off each other and the interfering brother thrown into the mix make for an enjoyable read.
Ethar
May 23, 2012 Ethar rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It was nice . I really liked it .
Jadzia
Apr 14, 2013 Jadzia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hq, contemporary
That was pretty good for a Harlequin Presents.
Putri Septiana
I liked it. A light story without too much drama. The choice of vocab is sometime a bit difficult for me, I think some of them is rarely used. Anyway, good reading for me :)
Meaghan
fun and entertaining
Lynda
Lynda rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2009
Sherry Wright
Sherry Wright rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2013
Eshani
Eshani rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2011
Cthebookworm
Cthebookworm rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Ana
Ana rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2014
Anitha Mary
Anitha Mary rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Tiffany Condie
Tiffany Condie rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2011
Debra Parnell-bohnet
Debra Parnell-bohnet rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Asleema
Asleema rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2014
Tammy
Tammy rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Arijana Pejić
Arijana Pejić rated it liked it
May 04, 2014
Sladjana Mihajlovic Ex Sladic
Sladjana Mihajlovic Ex Sladic rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2011
Sammi
Sammi rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Teetee
Teetee rated it liked it
May 17, 2013
Penny
Penny rated it it was ok
Mar 01, 2016
Renee
Renee rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2012
Elizabeth L Liuzzi
Elizabeth L Liuzzi rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
Huda Yahya
Huda Yahya rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Intangible Dream
  • Wife By Contract, Mistress By Demand
  • First Time Lucky?
  • The Bedroom Business
  • The Greek Tycoon's Convenient Mistress
  • The Salvatore Marriage (Foreign Affairs)
  • Antonides' Forbidden Wife
  • The Boss's Inexperienced Secretary
  • The Spaniard's Blackmailed Bride
  • Man of Stone
  • Kept by Her Greek Boss
  • Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)
  • The Sultan's Bought Bride  (Princess Brides, #1)
  • Waking Up
  • The Valentine Child (Wedlocked!) (Harlequin Presents, #1795)
  • Bedded, Or Wedded?
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • Beauty and the Greek
Perhaps being born on Valentine’s Day was an omen that Susan Napier would become a romance writer. This New Zealand author has written over 30 Mills & Boon category romances since 1984. Napier and her husband Tony Potter met when they both worked at the Auckland Star newspaper. After they married, she left the newspaper to work for a film company where she learned the art of dialogue. After th ...more
More about Susan Napier...

Taken by the Millionaire (10 books)
  • Hired for the Boss's Bed
  • At the Billionaire's Bidding
  • Mistress to the Tycoon
  • The Millionaire's Blackmail Bargain
  • Marriage at the Millionaire's Command
  • One Night, One Baby
  • The Magnate's Indecent Proposal (Taken by the Millionaire,)
  • Bought: One Night, One Marriage (Harlequin Presents, #2785)
  • Hotly Bedded, Conveniently Wedded

“Don’t pretend you don’t want this,’ he warned savagely, shifting his stance so that he could palm the fullness of one breast, his fingers spreading to accommodate the lush ripeness overflowing the lace cup and contracting to massage the swollen flesh, drawing a ragged whimper from her love-bitten lips.
‘Oh, yes…’ he taunted with raw satisfaction as his probing thumb found the betraying outline of her lace-encased nipple and scraped a circle around the rigid little knot, ‘you like what I’m doing to you, don’t you, Emily?’ he demanded, lifting his marauding mouth so that he could look down at her dazed blue eyes, the hand behind her neck controlling her feeble attempt to reclaim her disordered senses.”
0 likes
“Do what? This?’ Her scalded hurt boiled to the surface and she continued to back away, boldly repeating the action, drawing her arm with taunting slowness across her throbbing mouth, her eyes glowing with electric-blue defiance. To make sure he got the message she mimed a spitting action with her tongue and almost choked as he made a sudden lunge and grabbed her shoulders, snatching her back against his chest.
‘I told you not to do that,’ he growled, sealing his mouth down over hers in another soul-stirring kiss, taking his time over the sensual punishment, not stopping until they were both panting.”
0 likes