Start by marking “Sisterchicks in Gondolas!” as Want to Read:
Sisterchicks in Gondolas!

Sisterchicks in Gondolas! (Sisterchicks #6)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  726 ratings  ·  58 reviews
Ciao bella!

SISTERCHICK n.: a friend who shares the deepest wonders of your heart, loves you like a sister, and provides a reality check when you’re being a brat.

Published January 21st 2009 by Multnomah Books (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sisterchicks in Gondolas!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sisterchicks in Gondolas!

Jill
Robin Jones Gunn’s story about a woman who thinks the most important part of her life is over until she is invited to Venice to cook for a small retreat group is enchanting and heart-warming. If you aren’t careful, you might learn something about God and His goodness and mercy.

A one-time single parent it wasn’t hard for me to relate to Jenna, a divorced mother whose daughter had since grown up and moved out on her own. Now Jenna feels useless like a part of her life is over. Having moved back t
Virginia
Are you a Sisterchick fan? If so, you do not want to miss the sixth book in Robin Jones Gunn’s delightful series. In this installment, sisters-in-law Sue and Jenna take a trip that I’ve always wanted to go on myself – to Venice! Gunn acted as my tour guide while I went along for the ride and saw the incredible sights. When I finished the book, I’d picked up a few words of Italian and a yearning for some gelato and freshly baked Italian bread. And of course I enjoyed the wonderful developing rela ...more
Vila1996
Jun 26, 2009 Vila1996 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
When Jenna is invited to Venice for a week of cooking for a small retreat group, she knows just who to take along:her sister-in-law,Sue.With about six words of Italian between them, a map, and a appetite for gelato, they puzzle put the lovely city together. During their stay, Jenna and Sue become victims of grace in ways they never expected. Come and join Jenna and Sue in their gondolapaced adventure.
Loraine
Once again Robin Jones Gunn has written a delightfully captivating story of "sisters in Christ" who uphold one another through tears and laughter.
Jessie Weaver
The most recent addition to Robin Jones Gunn's hit Sisterchicks series introduces us to sisters-in-law Jenna and Sue as they trek through Venice on a paid trip. They have taken on the duties of housekeeping and cooking for a group of male missionaries from around the world. In return, they get to stay in an almost-castle, sightsee in Venice, and eat all the gelato they can handle.

While the fifty-somethings are dealt a few difficult hands - the lack of any extra beds for them to sleep on, plumbin
Maureen Timerman
What a delightful book! I felt as if I were there with Jenna and Sue...as least I sure wanted to be.
We are there to cook for for a small retreat group. Besides experiencing Venice through their eyes, we are also privy to listening to Malachi's bible reading. Another gentlemen is from Kiev, and Jenna and his wife have a connection, yes a small world.
Can you just picture these two slaughtering the Italian language? Way to funny when they end up with a bunch of nectarines, instead of 2. Watch what
Trinity Rose
Sisterchicks in Gondolas is one fantastic book. If you have read other sisterchick stories you will just love this one also, even if you haven’t read any before you will love this book. It is full of love, humor, friendship, travel and just plain fun.

Sam, head of an international missionary based in Europe, invites Jenna to cook at a leaders' retreat in Venice; he also gives her a second free ticket so she can bring a friend. She asks her sister-in-law of three decades Sue who has been her best
Deborah
Ciao bella!

When Jenna is invited to Venice for a week of cooking for a small retreat group, she knows just who to take along: her sister-in-law Sue. With her Dallas drawl and wild tangle of red hair, Sue desperately needs her own retreat from the pressures of the past two years…and blessedly for their guests, Sue actually knows how to cook (unlik
Pam Funke
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Blogging For Books for the purpose of review. The review is my honest opinion and I was not paid for this service.

Sisterchicks in Gondolas is definitely an acquired taste. The book is written in first person, which unfortunately made me want to stop reading as I hate "I" books. It was really hard for me to get past this annoying tidbit and I ended up only reading part of the book before closing it for good.

The book is well written and interesting
Maribeth Ignatowicz
What a great read! I recently completed the book Sisterchicks in Gondolas by Robin Jones Gunn and I am so happy to say I LOVED THIS BOOK!! This book shares the adventure that Jenna and Sue, the two main characters embark upon as they spend a week in Venice, Italy cooking and serving a group of ministry leaders gathered for a conference. As they cook, serve and explore the city, they also embark on a spiritual journey individually that opens up places in their hearts and lives to allow God to min ...more
Veronica
This book felt like a refreshing and much needed mini-vacation! Jenna and her sister-in-law, Sue, receive a free trip to Venice in exchange for cooking for a men's retreat. Jenna's a single mother of a 20-something and wondering what the next season of her life will hold while Sue has been struggling for a couple of years after her husband was injured in an accident. They both need this time away to reflect and have fun.

Jenna knows just enough Italian to get into trouble,and Sue makes an impress
Sandra Lassiter
Bella Italy!! I couldn't resist choosing this book to read and review! I've never been to Venice, but I've been to Sicily several times. This book just makes me want to go again--and maybe get to see a few other places in Italy, including Venice!

Robin Jones Gunn's descriptions are spot on. Sue's reaction to her first bite of gelato cracked me up! I may not have said exactly what she did, but the reactions were about the same. Once you've had the real stuff, nothing else compares. Ummmmm, my mou
Suzanne
Jun 08, 2008 Suzanne rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Suzanne by: Kristin Friend
This book didn't seem quite as light and fun as the other sisterchicks books I've read, although it did have some funny situations. The characters deal with tough issues in their own lives, and even though they're on an unbelievable trip to the other side of the world, it doesn't seem as much of a travel adventure as the other books. They do meet a few locals, experience enough unique aspects of life abroad to make it interesting, and finally get around to some sightseeing, but most of the book ...more
Donna
I didn't care for this Sisterchicks book as much as the last one I read until about the last couple of chapters. They went on this venture to be chefs but about the only thing they cooked were eggs, soup and bread. Just sort of disappointing but it had a lot of Christian values.
Michele
Jenna and Sue have been sisters-in-law for nearly thirty years but inseparable friends for only the last five. When Jenna is invited to a week’s stay at a fifteenth century restored palace on a quiet canal in Venice , Sue is her travel companion of choice. The catch? They must cook for a group that is staying at the palace for a retreat. It’s the first time Sue has been this far from home, and both women are coming out of a valley season of life where they operated each day in long shadow s of f ...more
Melissa
3.5 stars--Great addition to the sisterchicks series. Woman and her sister-in-law go to Venice and learn about forgiveness.
Shellys♥ Journal
This was my favorite of the Sisterchicks books - I'm not even sure why I read them. The whole idea behind the books is that two "girlfriends" hook up on a "out of this country" adventure. The adventure bonds them, but also pulls them closer to God.

In this adventure, the two women go to Venice to serve as cooks for a men's Christian leaders retreat. Their servitude combined with the exploration of the city presented a perfect combination for this type of story - at least compared to the other off
Briana
What a great way to re-live our recent trip to Venice!
Jo
Jan 31, 2008 Jo rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 40+ Christians women who want adventure
Recommended to Jo by: library
Parts of this where adorable. A real girlfriend book. Like real life, they both had been through a lot of event at the start of the book. One tragedy brings them together and then the opportunity for the 2 of them to be cooks for a retreat in Venice comes up.
The description of the the house details and the Venice daily life stuff is great, and believable.
90% of the book is dialogue between Sue and Jenna. This is the part, even though realistic, I found tiring.
It was a fun read over all.
Melissa
I enjoyed this story of 2 friends ( who happen to be Sister-in-laws ) taking a trip to Italy and learning more about each other along the way...with the scenic descriptions and history of Italy described as they take their journey.
They enjoy tasting the different gelatos, and experiencing all that Italy has to offer, including learning the language and making new friends.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for my honest review.
Cathy
Another great Sisterchicks book! Fun to experience the sights and sounds of Venice with Jenna and Sue. Anyone who has been there should read this book to experience it all again. Best part was how they experienced the city as a local more than as tourists. Excellent story also about entering into new seasons in our lives and how God has exciting things in store for us no matter what the season!
Joy Gerbode
Great book ... good, light reading story if you just want the surface. You also get a great travelogue of Venice, with descriptions of many famous places, plus some of the sights, sounds, and lots of the flavors of Venice. Then, of course, there is the story of the friendship between the two Sisterchicks ... and finally there is the spiritual inspiration the book delivers. Great!
'Chele
Story of friendship and inspiration. Jenna & her sister-in-law, Sue, go to Venice and live in a palace. They are there to cook for a group of men, but discover it is ok to live, even at their age (50)! I really didn't know what this book was going to be like when I checked it out, but I liked it. Infact, I plan to read the rest in the series.
Christina
My favorite Sisterchicks book! Can I give it 6 stars? Is it because I want to go to Venice? Probably, but not the only reason. I really connected with this character and would love to have the opportunities that she does. Realizing that making yourself available to God to be used in unique ways is a form of worship was a revelation. Very, very good.
Elizabeth
Loved this book. Does anyone want to go to Italy with me? The adventure of a lifetime is shared in this book by two friends with opposite personalities who come to Venice to cook for a meeting of missionaries from various parts of Europe. One learns to shop without speaking Italian, they both sleep under the stars on the rooftop. Great book.
As far as Sisterchick books go, I like this one much more than the others I've read, but as far as books in general, I just don't love the Sisterchick books. I think maybe it's because I'm not at the same life stage. However, reading books about girlfriends taking fun trips together to far away locations is quite appealing.
Debra
This was a fun book. It's a nice, simple read when you just want to curl up with a book where you don't have to think too much. I learned a little about the culture and history of Venice. There was also a little uplifting faith message, but nothing earth shattering.
Diane
this is my favorite of all the Sisterchicks books. I enjoyed all the SisterChicks books. Some are funnier than the others. They all are inspirational and motivational to get out of our ruts...find our dream and set goals.
Jen
Two women travel from Dallas Texas to Venice to act as cooks for a gathering of six missionaries. It is a time of bonding, expansion and reflection for the two women as they experience the wonders of a new culture.
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough
  • The Potluck Club Troubles Brewing (The Potluck Club #2)
  • 'Til Grits Do Us Part (Southern Fried Sushi #3)
  • My Life as a Doormat (In Three Acts)
  • The Quilter's Daughter (Daughters of Lancaster County, #2)
  • Twice a Bride (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #4)
  • Jotham's Journey: A Storybook for Advent
  • The Sister Circle (Sister Circle #1)
  • The Passion of Mary-Margaret
  • She's Out of Control (Ashley Stockingdale, #2)
  • A Gathering Place: A Cape Light Novel
  • Blind Dates Can Be Murder (Smart Chick Mysteries, #2)
  • Reconstructing Natalie
41954
ROBIN JONES GUNN is the much loved author of over 85 books. With nearly 5 million copies of her titles sold worldwide, her popular Christy Miller series now continues in Christy & Todd: The Married Years. Her novels and non-fiction works have received multiple awards and are a favorite with book clubs and study groups. Robin and her husband have a grown son and daughter and live in Hawaii.
More about Robin Jones Gunn...
Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 1 (Christy Miller, #1-3) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 2 (Christy Miller, #4-6) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 3 (Christy Miller, #7-9) Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 4 (Christy Miller, #10-12) Until Tomorrow (Christy and Todd: College Years #1)