Start by marking “Twilight (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #3)” as Want to Read:
Twilight (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #3)

Twilight (The Dark Templar Saga #3)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  479 ratings  ·  13 reviews
As the release nears for Blizzard Entertainment's long-anticipated "StarCraft II "computer game, the epic "Dark Templar "trilogy reaches an explosive climax.

After the seeming defeat of the dark archon Ulrezaj on the protoss homeworld of Aiur, Jake and Rosemary become separated as they flee through the newly repaired warp gate. Rosemary finds herself with the other refugee
Published June 30th 2009 by Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twilight

Serban Andrei
It fit. I know it's too little to say, but it did. It was as fast, alert, exciting and touching as the other two books. The only thing that disappointed me somewhat was the way-too-peaceful ending. I was half-expecting Raynor showing up to save the day, but that was just me being a Raynor-groupie. In truth, Christie did drop his name more than often throughout the series, and that made me build up hope. Still, the writing is truly excellent and my quasi-disappointment came from a subjective desi ...more
A good conclusion to the series. This book included more characters from the game, like Zeratul, which was nice to see (though he's just as dark and broody here as he was in the game, if not moreso ... I miss Tassadar).

While Jake always felt a bit flat as a character to me--just along for the ride as it were--I really enjoyed seeing Rosemary's character development. She grew quite a bit since the first book, but she never felt like she became a different person. Also, even though it was obvious
First of all, i'd question my objectivity on any book that's related to StarCraft, simply because i consider myself to be a HUGE fan of the series and the story. Bearing that in mind, this is my opinion on the book.

Now, despite it being written in 3 separate books, it's basically 1 story, and as such i will be giving my experience and impression of it as a whole, not book by book, simply because it'll make a lot more sense this way.

The story takes place in the year 2503, after Brood Wars (2500)
This is a nice conclusion to the trilogy connecting Brood War and The Wings of Liberty. It is full of fan-service, which is awesome, because the reader can meet characters like Zeratul and Rashzagal, Valerian and others. Just like other 2 books, it is not, of course, an example of complicated sci-fi book, still, it is interesting to read, easy to read and make a really good use of the lore of Starcraft, which is just what i wanted from it.
The conclusion of the Dark Templar Saga. We see some major characters appear in this volume. As well as story elements that have since been accepted as being canonical. It served as an introduction to the Starcraft II universe, thus still leaving room for later storylines featuring Ulrezaj.
Good book, not as good as the first two in my opinion. At least, I found it harder to get through this one. The first two I breezed through in a day, this one took a couple of days largely because I was losing interest.
As with the previous part - I'm almost surprised that I've enjoyed it so much. As a small complaint - the protoss are strangely described in this trilogy: either as perfect or as too-human, but still the description of their society we get was my favourite part of the book.

Zamara was great as always, so was Selendis and Valerian. Zeratul disappointed a little but it was good to see what finally brought him to act. The energy beings were a bit strange, but we'll see if this issue is further pres
One of the rare books that I can't stop reading!
Alfonso Castillo
Un libro con una redacción envolvente y fácil de leer.
Realmente es muy interesante para los fanáticos de StarCraft sin embargo pienso que es una obra digna para cualquier amante de la ciencia ficción. De los tres libros del Dark Templar Saga, es el que más me mantuvo guindado.
Doug Robertson
The first 2/3s of this book are really great. Then Zamara reveals the secret, which is "eh" and then we have a good build up and then an abrupt end. Overall, the book is ok, still a little bit of a let down for a trilogy ender, but still a fun read.
Ivan Leong
The finale of the Saga. It is rather pro-longed tale could have summarize the saga in 1 book. Sometimes Christie Golden can get pretty repetitive. I gave it 4 star since Zeratul was involved.
Viktor Osička
Zlatá střední třída ale fajn trilogie.
Alexander Damian
Excellent ending of the trilogy.
Amanda Keenan
Amanda Keenan marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
John Schmidt
John Schmidt marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
J marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Bryar marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Austin Bunton
Austin Bunton marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Leena Nair
Leena Nair marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Alicja marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Lynn marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
S.Mitkov marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
David marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Matthew McCullough
Matthew McCullough marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Liberty's Crusade (StarCraft, #1)
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Starcraft: Spectres (Starcraft: Ghost Series #2)
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Uprising (Starcraft, #0.5)
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • StarCraft: Frontline, Volume 1 (Starcaft)
  • The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)
  • A Choice of Futures (Rise Of the Federation, #1) (Star Trek: Enterprise, #15)
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • Anvil Gate (Gears of War, #3)
  • Borderlands: The Fallen
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn
More about Christie Golden...

The Dark Templar Saga (3 books)
  • Firstborn (Starcraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #1)
  • Shadow Hunters (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #2)