Start by marking “The Princess Present: Natal Sang Putri” as Want to Read:
The Princess Present: Natal Sang Putri

The Princess Present: Natal Sang Putri (The Princess Diaries #6.5)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  8,816 ratings  ·  162 reviews

Mia would give all the jewels in Genovia for the perfect present

Every year, Princess Mia spends the holidays in Genovia with Grandmère. This year, she's looking forward to the most perfect Christmas ever: her boyfriend, Michael, and her best friend, Lilly, are coming to Genovia, too.

But even a princess's plans can go awry. Lilly has a lot to learn about palace protocol,

Published May 2005 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published September 21st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Princess Present, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess Present

Jessica (priceiswong)
Loved this! It was so much fun reading about all the crazy stuff that Mia and her friends got into in such a short period of time. Plus it was cool to read about Michael and Lilly in Genovia! I love any story about Christmas and I thought it was really cute how Mia and Michael got each other's gifts!
Norah Sumner
Probably my favourite Princess Diaries novella.

I actually love reading about Genovia and Mia spending time there with her Grandmère.And,even though I think that Lily is insufferable most of the time,I found her actions in this book extremely funny and entertaining.Michael is purr-fect,as always.Love the balcony scene and,of course,the gift exchange scene.
Howdy YAL
See my entire binge read of this book and books 6-7 1/2 here.

Hmmm, probably my least favorite novella.

And you want to know why.

The phrase you want to tell Lilly throughout the entire book.

If I were Grandmere, I’d throw her in the dungeon. She basically caused an international incident. Mia should remember this for future reference (cough, wedding planning, cough).

If you could get pass the Lilly hate in this one, the plot was pretty simple. It was basically a redux of “The Gift of the Magi”
I don’t understand what Lilly’s problem is. How can she be so negative?!

And that’s all I’m going to say about her because this novella isn’t about Lilly. It’s about Michael and Mia and their Christmas presents to each other. The Princess Present was basically a retelling of The Gift of the Magi, which is my favorite short story ever, so I really liked this one!

The main strengths of this novella were Michael and Mia’s gift exchange and the funny events at the ball organized by Clarisse. The big w
Teresa Gibson
I'm a huge Meg Cabot fan. As you all can tell, I'm currently reading all the Princess Diaries novels in order, and believe me, there's so many other books calling, but I'm staying true to Meg. But UGH, this one was not good. It's like the publisher came up to her on summer vacation and said, Meg, you need to do a little stocking stuffer book for your fans and get it to us soon so it'll be out by Christmas. So Meg drank a couple of Grandmere's sidecars and knocked this one out in a couple of days ...more
Aww I like this one, it was cute and Yayyy Lily and Michael visiting Mia for Christmas :D
Cute and to the point, this is like a yummy piece of chocolate.

LILLY IS THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD. Mia needs to dump her asap.
Beth Johnson
Quick little read that I feel bad about even including as a book. It's Christmas in Genovia, and Lilly and Michael are coming to join Mia. Best part of the book -- Mia telling Lilly to get over herself and behave after her antics get someone fired. Worst part of the book -- Meg Cabot's constant reminders that she hates the movies for Princess Diaries. We get it. You mention it in every. freaking book. Please let it go already.
This was a cute novella, the dilemma over the presents between Michael and Mia was very sitcom but cute. I find myself again asking why Lilly is such a jerk and why Mia continues to be friends with her. Surely she must see some redeeming qualities, but why does the reader never get to see them? I was surprised and delighted to see some more softening of Grandmere's character. Ready to move on to the next book!
Cristina (Girl in the Pages)
This is the one installment in the series I do not own, and therefore have not read more than once before this reread. I picked it up from the library remembering literally nothing about it, and was pleasantly surprised. I love that this takes place in Genovia and that Michael and Lily come to the palace for Christmas to visit, as it fleshes out the country more and synthesizes Mia's New York and royal life. Lily does some truly appalling things that beg the question of WHY Grandmeré doesn't put ...more
emang ga gampang nyari kado yg bener2 disukain tanpa harus nanya ke org yg mau dikasihin... 4 taon, kado g 2x dibalikin, 2x lainnya diterima tp kadonya standar abees!! komik batman!!
I think my opinion didn't really change on this one. It's pleasant enough, but I'm kind of tired of (view spoiler) stories.
Amy C
A fun quick read however the more I read this series I just don't understand why Mia is friends with Lilly.
Pat Cummings
This is a short novel in the delightful Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. If you have not encountered these books about the American girl who discovers she is Princess of Genovia, you obviously have no pre-teen or teenage girls in your life (although it would be hard to have missed the ads for the movies made from the series.)

I ran across my copy (acquired when we still had young girls in the house, hence the slightly aged publication date) while I was supposed to be doing a closet reorganiz
Haha first I love this book!! why you may ask? Because it starts off with the journal entry of December 22 (My birthday!!!!) but i would have loved it anyway ..that just made me love it more. And am i glad i read this first i had decided not to read the in-between book but decided against. if i hadn't read this one i would never have known that lily was playing strip bowling (would have never expected this from her but then lily is a whole other story) funny how she got the servant fire ...more
Christine Marie
Mar 03, 2012 Christine Marie rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance, Love, YA, and overall book lovers
Recommended to Christine by: Disney
This review will be short because it is a half volume of the series.

Well, I don't know what was wrong with the people who made my edition, but the summary on the inside flap was completely innacurate. There was never anhy problem with Mia finding a present, it just happened to be that it was a silly one. The plot was definitely that overdone "sold their most prized possession to buy the other person something and so now the gift that the other person got them for their prized possession makes
Brandi Streeval
my mom bought me this book when it first came out, this is a Christmas princess diaries book, Mia is in Genovia with her dad and grandmother, Mia's boyfriend Michael and her best friend Lilly get to come spend the holiday in Genovia with Mia, Mia has a lot of state holiday functions to attend, Mia has not found Michael the perfect Christmas present yet, this book was so so good i liked this book a lot, Lilly is mean and rude to Mia's cousin prince Rene, and she shocks prince William and gets one ...more
I read this book for a little bit of fun, as I'm currently as a teenager deciding to read a lot of challenging, classic novels. Now, I use to read these books back in my middle school days often and I enjoyed them. This book was an excellent read, a little boring at times, but definitely enjoyable. Cabot's books are definitely my guilty pleasure and when I pick one up, I can't seem to put it back down

Somebody named Mia goes to Genovia in her holidays with her Grabdmére as Mia is the princess of Genovia. Mia wanted and was really waiting for her most best Christmas ever. But her boyfriend, Michael, and her best friend Lilly, are coming to Genovia too to come and visit her. So it turns out that Lily and Michael have to learn a lot about living and how to act in a palace in meetings and meals and Mia has to attend a lot of meeting alone. Then there's no time for her to be fooling and admiring M
Ana Furlanetto
Ohhhhhhh Mia, I've missed you so much! This was such a cool, fast and sweet read. It didn't even take me an hour. I love Mia/Michael's relationship so damn much. After all these years, they're still the OTP of all OTPs.
Definetely going to reread the whole series this year. I miss everybody so much! It's been way too much time. And the 11th book is coming out next year. (SO EXCITED)
Nossa querida Mia não dá mesmo sorte quando se trata do presente de natal do seu namorado Michael, que junto da irmã Lilly, está visitando pela primeira vez o reino de Genovia. Então, nesse Natal, Mia vai ter que controlar os impulsos anti-monarquia de sua amiga, cuidar dos jovens reais, e curtir um tempo com seu namorado, tudo no melhor estilo princesa de ser.
I'm still waiting for book 6 to be returned to the library so I just went ahead and finished this one. It was actually kind of fun seeing Michael and Mia together in Genovia, but I'm in such a funk over Lilly's bad attitude and overall annoying presence in the book that I'm just giving two stars. Maybe it's just a grumpy day. Sorry Meg Cabot.
Meg Cabot is one of my favourite authors! I can never get enough of Mia (and Michael)!

The more I read, the more I find Lily annoying and wonder what does Mia sees in her as a best friend? Maybe it's just me, but this book really showed Lily's ugly side. Actually, I think I prefer Mia's grandmother over Lily now...

Then again, you'd get to see Michael's charming side. Each time I read, I'd fall deeper in love with Mia and Michael (especially him)! I like how cute, goofy even, Mia and Michael are t
Michael and Lilly are coming to spend Christmas in Genovia! Could Mia be any more excited? But there is a problem, how is she going to get Micheal the perfect present when her weekly allowance barley covers a movie and popcorn?

After reading the first book in this series I went to the library and just happened to see the rest of the books (11 of them) sitting on the shelf so I loaded them into my bag and found myself diving into a week long Princess fest. And I enjoyed ever minute of it!

This whol
Well, not reading the novellas in order, but whatever, they're just filler! I really liked this one! Seeing Michael and Lilly in Genovia was just wonderful! And Mia and Michael are so cute what with the whole gift twist and whatnot! As always, Lilly drove me crazy, but I'm getting used to it... A short review for a short book!
Caitlin Buchanan
A short story that packs a punch of drama. Mia and Micheal's first Christmas together with lots of angst about what to get someone who seemingly can get whatever they want. This shows that even teenagers are prone to over think about what they should get their significant other's for Christmas and even other holiday's.
Arra Abella
Like the Project Princess, The Princess Present is a short read. It will not take a whole day for you to finish this book. Actually, it will take you an hour or so, depending on how fast you read. This book is about how Mia celebrated her Christmas in Genovia plus the fact that Michael and Lilly will spend the holidays there for a week is exciting enough. The book is pack of royalties. They will be scandalized, Grandmere will faint, Lilly has gone wild, Mia's-sort-of-cat-feeding-program, Michael ...more
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • The Girl Who Invented Romance
  • Felix Net i Nika oraz Pułapka Nieśmiertelności (Felix, Net i Nika, #4)
  • What's a Penguin to Think When He Turns Pink!
  • Kiss Me Tomorrow
  • Kiss the Bride
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • Parties & Potions (Magic in Manhattan, #4)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)
  • The Exiles in Love (The Exiles, #3)
  • Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1)
  • Dream (Once Upon A Prom, #1)
  • Back in Black (A-List, #5)
  • Harry Styles Annual 2013
  • Haunted Schools
  • Do-Over
  • The Toadhouse Trilogy (Book #1)
  • Downstairs, Upstairs (Elizabeth, #4)

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)