Start by marking “Murder On The ICW (Magnolia Mysteries, #5)” as Want to Read:
Murder On The ICW (Magnolia Mysteries, #5)

Murder On The ICW (Magnolia Mysteries #5)

"The mix of old and new continues to intrigue Wilmingon, North Carolina, historic preservationist Ashley Wilkes, especially with the discovery of a decades-old murder. The skeletal remains of a Prohibition-era federal agent are found buried beneath the rubble of an old moonshine operation in a hunting lodge Ashley plans to renovate. But this mysterious bit of history ...more
252 pages
Published (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Murder On The ICW, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder On The ICW

Julesy
Nov 26, 2016 Julesy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy this cozy series set in Wilmington, NC. However, I had difficulty getting through this one, it was boring for the most part. Too much architecture, too much history, too much romance. The mystery parts were good but I felt as though it was put on the back burner to allow for too many chapters about moonshine, antique bottles, and Italian architecture. Honestly, I skimmed through those parts just to get to the meat of the mystery. I did enjoy the mystery and I felt as though the culprit ...more
Susan Dickey
Kindle
Marti
Jan 27, 2012 Marti rated it liked it
This was a bland mystery book about two sisters and their adventures. Several murders ensue, and Melanie is a suspect in the first. Ashley Wilkes--wasn't that the name of a character in Gone With the Wind--started out by finding a decades old skeleton on a site that she and her partner were restoring. Who is the killer, and why is he or she killing off people in this community? Both Ashley and Melanie are beautiful, of course, and have men panting after them. One other character is named Scott ...more
Susan
Jan 04, 2016 Susan rated it it was ok
Historical preservationist Ashley has enough problems, as her marriage is imploding and her handsome business partner makes it clear that he's interested. But when her big sister Melanie, a man magnet, is found with the dead body of one of her former beaus, Ashley must help out. Arrested for the first murder, Melanie is released on bail and almost killed before being found with a second dead body. The handsome executive who loves Melanie teams up with Ashley and her new love interest to ...more
Chris
Aug 29, 2010 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Leslie
Sep 11, 2016 Leslie rated it really liked it
While I like this series I really wish someone who knows English would edit these books! You GRIP someone's hand, not "gripe" and NONE of them have alibis, not "done." There are more bad editing errors when distract from the storyline. As usual it was a good story, despite the bad editing in the early part of the book. Ashley has finally started to move on in her life and her sister appears to finally be growing up. Wish there was more to the historic renovation parts of the book.
Mario
Jun 05, 2013 Mario rated it it was ok
This was almost as much a romance as a mystery. The mystery itself was a little bland, despite the body count, I thought the dialogue was a little forced, and the scenes and characters seemed a little overly described for my taste (the characters were too fashion-y, and the locations too cliched). I didn't really like it, but it was a fast read.
Lesley Looper
I liked the descriptions of the Wilmington area a lot, but thought this book was a lacking in mystery and heavy on the romance, making the title a bit misleading. Yes, there was murder, several of them, in fact. But they weren't really the main event in this installment. I'm sure I'll read more in this series, though, because I'm a sucker for North Carolina settings.
Ishanie
Oct 16, 2010 Ishanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I guess if you like romances, you'll like this book.. but it's full of cheese. It didn't grab my attention at all. It lost me shortly after the first chapter... but then again, never really pulled me in.
Karen
Mar 03, 2013 Karen rated it liked it
The mystery is good, the character changes of the two heroines a bit unbelievable. But, a "good read" for relaxation and enjoyment (although murder isn't ever particularly enjoyable, these take place "offscreen"). There's good suspense, too, but not a feeling of horror. All to the good.
Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)
Probably the weakest of the 5 I read so far. Mystery is on the back burner and doesn't receive enough attention, the romances are rushed and not as satisfying. Not my favorite.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This was more of a book about weathlty sisters and their romantic woes that a real mystery. I was bored during it and it wasn't what I had hoped for.

It was not for me.
Gregory
Aug 30, 2009 Gregory rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Entertaining light read with a good pace, though too cheesy for my taste. Nice descriptions of Wilmington.
Jacquie
Jacquie rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2013
Sabine Murphy
Sabine Murphy rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2014
Kirsten Varden
Kirsten Varden rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2013
Linda Frost
Linda Frost rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Lila Allen
Lila Allen rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2014
Kathie Krueger
Kathie Krueger rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Cowcatt
Cowcatt rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2010
Tami
Tami rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2009
Marsha Griffith
Marsha Griffith rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Susannah
Susannah rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2011
Carol
Carol rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2013
Celia B
Celia B rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2011
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2012
Johanna Pipkin
Johanna Pipkin rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Tiftgirl
Tiftgirl rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • The Main Line Is Murder (A Ginger Barnes Mystery, #1)
  • An Eye for Murder (Ellie Foreman, #1)
  • Moonlight Mayhem
  • A Rendezvous to Die For
  • The Dunn Deal (A Christine Sterling Mystery, # 2)
  • Waiting for Armando
  • Willowtree A Bruce DelReno Mystery
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • Tough Cookie (Maggie Sullivan Mystery #2)
  • Heaven Preserve Us (Home Crafting Mystery, #2)
  • Pagan Spring (A Max Tudor Mystery, #3)
  • Stolen Promise
  • Wild Goose Chase (A Quilting Mystery, #1)
  • Murder à la Carte (Maggie Newberry Mysteries, #2)
  • The Xibalba Murders (Lara McClintoch Archeological Mystery, #1)
  • Live Free or Die
  • Deadly Nightshade (Martha's Vineyard Mystery, #1)

Magnolia Mysteries (10 books)
  • Murder on the Ghost Walk (Magnolia Mysteries, #1)
  • Murder on the Candlelight Tour (Magnolia Mysteries, #2)
  • Murder at the Azalea Festival (Magnolia Mysteries, #3)
  • Murder at Wrightsville Beach (Magnolia Mysteries, #4)
  • Murder on the Cape Fear (Magnolia Mysteries, #6)
  • Christmas Wedding (Magnolia Mysteries, #7)
  • Murder at the Bellamy Mansion (Magnolia Mysteries, #8)
  • Murder at the Holiday Flotilla (Magnolia Mysteries, #9)
  • Much Ado About Murder (Magnolia Mysteries, #10)