Start by marking “Sammy Dane (Sammy & Friends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sammy Dane (Sammy & Friends, #2)

Sammy Dane (Sammy & Friends #2)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  723 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
This edition is no longer available.

Police Officer James Everson seems to go from one guy to another, never finding exactly what he wants. Frustrated and out of sorts he goes to a local gay bar in the hopes of finding a guy and burning off some steam. What he finds is Sammy.

Samuel Dane Summers is a confirmed geek. He has all the classic symptoms, glasses, baggy slacks, wh
ebook, 1st Edition, 134 pages
Published November 9th 2009 by Noble Romance Publishing, LLC (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sammy Dane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sammy Dane

Faith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon SuedePromises by Marie SextonCrossing Borders by Z.A. MaxfieldZero at the Bone by Jane Seville
Best Gay "Virginal" Characters
64th out of 612 books — 886 voters
Cut & Run by Madeleine UrbanSticks & Stones by Madeleine UrbanFish & Chips by Madeleine UrbanFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDivide & Conquer by Madeleine Urban
Best Gay Cops/ Security Guards/P.I.'s
101st out of 721 books — 1,054 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
Nov 10, 2009 Daisiemae rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Stormy Glenn Fan's
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Stormy's books are a guilty pleasure for me

Stormy Glenn is one of those authors that is a guilty pleasure for me. When I am in the mood for something without a lot of angst or I just want to read a story that is quick and easy, I know Stormy will deliver what I’m looking for.

Sammy Dane is a loveable and total nerd. He is a successful gay-erotic romance writer who often gets so wrapped up in his writings that he forgets the little things in life like: pay the electric bill, lock the front door or eat. His brother is always trying to set s
JenMcJ
Nov 12, 2009 JenMcJ rated it it was ok
This seems just like a kinkier version of a Carol Lynne novel.

It was cute but both heroes seem to mistake lust for love early on. While I think the book takes them on enough of the journey to make it viable that they really love each other in the end, it was so rushed that I had a hard time buying into it.

There were a few other hard to believe moments in the book as well. Once they all add up it tips the scales unfavorably despite the pretty hot sex scenes.
Nic
Dec 20, 2012 Nic rated it liked it
Better than the first book in the series, this story had stronger characters and better sex scenes. Sammy is lovely in his insecurities! Love perhaps came a little fast, they had great sex but hardly knew each other before declaring their love for each other. 3.5 stars
Phaney
May 30, 2015 Phaney rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
2014 Re-read:

Wait, what? (view spoiler)

As far as the condom issue is concerned, I wonder anyway whether adding
Janna
Cute and sexy story with nice secondary characters and a quick, little bit shallow story arc about a stalker. This stalker element is not annoying but not really adding some serious tension either. I was a bit confused that we got the HEA already around page 70 (of 134). Shortly after that the story became a bit silly imo, but it picked up most of its former pace soon enough.
This was my first Stormy Glenn book and it was not bad at all, despite some unusual twists and turns and a overly plotted
Mandy*reads obsessively*
This is the story of James and Sammy, the respective brothers of Troy and Nicky from the first book.
They meet and hook up without knowing who the other is.
All in all a fun, not to be taken seriously story!
(view spoiler)
Serena Yates
Jun 26, 2014 Serena Yates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
In the second book of the ‘Sammy and Friends’ series I was happy to see that the focus is on Sammy and his story. While he was around in book one, he really is the star of the show here. And, just like his brother Troy who finds the love of his life in volume one, in this second installment, Sammy gets his happy ever after. Not that he believes he will ever get one, nor is it an easy ride with all the self-imposed and external obstacles he and James have to overcome. But when two men are “destin ...more
Tina
Jun 21, 2014 Tina rated it it was amazing
Sammy Dane by author Stormy Glenn is one of my all time favorite stories. I am so glad this book got a new publisher and words added to it. Sammy is a really interesting character. He is both shy and dominates at the same time. I always found those conflicting parts of his personality fascinating. He really surprises even himself in situations.
James I just love him. He is used to being the one to rescue people after all this is his job. But with Sammy, he gets rescued in a good way. When Sammy
Betryal
Nov 14, 2009 Betryal rated it really liked it
A little short for the length of stories I like to read but this one was pretty kewl. It's like a story within a story. Hard to explain, but you'd know if you read the book. This story brings hope that no matter your appearance whether homely, average or strange and no matter your demeanor or what some might call as simple strange that for everyone out there's there THE One for you. Truly gives love hope where hope can fail you.

Another great story by Stormy!
Lioness7
Aug 24, 2015 Lioness7 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, m-m-bdsm
This was a hot book with some amazing characters. Sammy Dane was so funny how he could turn his insecurity off when he got into the bedroom. I also liked that James was willing to let Sammy take charge. It kinda added an element to the story that you wouldn’t have expected from a tough cop.

I know that I read the series out of order and didn’t think it would matter. It really doesn’t except in the fact that the first book is about Sammy’s brother meeting James’ brother. It would have been nice to
Lilladii
3 stars. It was an okay read. Wasn't much of a story or anything. I didn't even get the chemistry between the MC's. Some how I felt like there was a fast foward button that I didn't push, because things moved so fast that I had to back up and re-read some to figure out the what is what with the relationship.

Anywho, a decent read if you are looking for short fast fast lovin', and a so called obsessed stalker that you literally forget is or was suppose to be part of the story until its closer to
Elisa Rolle
The most original thing of this novel is to take the stereotype characters and turn them over for a bit.

Police Officer James Everson is a man-hater, always changing men like he changes his underwear, not thinking twice to them after the “use”. Nevertheless he has a vague idea of Mr. Right, the man who in the end will conquer his heart and he is open to meet him. After all he has the example of his little brother Nicky who is happily in love with Troy, another police officer. There is probably a
mw138
Mar 29, 2012 mw138 rated it liked it
James "Jamie" Everson never has a shortage of men at his disposal. However, after witnessing his brother, Nicky, find the love of his life and the stability that comes with a committed relationship, he longs for that same kind of companionship. Samuel "Sammy" Summers is a geeky romance author who often forgets to pay his bills, eat and take care of normal, every day presponsibilities. He also longs for a real relationship, but thinks no one would want to be with a mousy bookworm like him.

When J
Candice
Jun 23, 2014 Candice rated it liked it
James and Sammy.

I still think James is a dick, but I liked Sammy Dane :)

ManOhMan
May 11, 2011 ManOhMan rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Kerri:
When reviewing a novel/novella, I try to look for things that I liked about the story... characters, the writing, anything.

The author does have skills when it comes to putting together a story, but I found the coincidence within these pages to be a bit over-the-top. I like a little meat to a story and it just wasn't there for me. I found myself skimming pages to get to the next good bit and that isn't a good thing.

D
Jimmy Hanson
Oct 18, 2010 Jimmy Hanson rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010, m-m
I wouldn't go so far as to say this was a bad novel, it just really wasn't my type of story. The characters were overly emotional [for guys], and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't imagine Sammy Dane as the dominant. The idea is interesting, but for what was portrayed it just didn't click with me. And the name James comes up with - Sammy Dane, a cross between his regular name Sammy and the writer Dane - sounds a bit ridiculous to me. -_-;;
adrienne
typical stormy glenn romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical stormy glenn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

laziness dictates i will use this as my template for all books by the following authors unless a book is remarkably good/bad :
stormy glenn
gabrielle evans

Chris
Jan 11, 2010 Chris rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, 2009, gay, done, owned, ebook
M/m romance about a writer and a cop who hook up at a bar and then it turns out that their brothers (who are a couple) were planning to hook them up. Toss in a stalker just to make things a bit more complicated. This actually had a lot of potential and some serious editing might’ve helped pull it together.
Delena666
Apr 07, 2011 Delena666 rated it did not like it
As much as I liked the first book in the series (at least first 2/3 of it) I didn't like this one. For me it was like a long continuation of the last third of the first book that I didn't like, with additional hint of D/s thrown in, which I don't appreciate.
CB
Apr 16, 2015 CB rated it it was amazing
A fun series, and I recommend reading all 3 that are currently out (not sure if any more are planned either - this might be it). Interesting characters that are all intertwined so the 3 books really flow together.
Leaundra
Nov 10, 2009 Leaundra rated it it was amazing
I just loved this story it was too sweet and I loved Sammy and Jamie. Honestly I love Stormy Glenn's books so it's really hard for me to find something bad about them...Her books are always an autobuy for me...
CB
Apr 13, 2015 CB rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great 2nd story in the series - and I highly recommend reading the first one "Picture Me Perfect." This is probably my favorite one too. Such sexy MC's (it's even hotter when you don't expect it!).
LoriO.
Jan 25, 2011 LoriO. rated it liked it

Picture Me Perfect is the first book in this series.

Sammy Dane is the second book in the series.

His Dirty Little Secret if the third.
Sheilad37
Dec 21, 2012 Sheilad37 rated it liked it
I like book 1 and book 3, better than this one. This book and book three overlap a little, but still a good story.
Indigo
Nov 13, 2010 Indigo rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, serie, rose
Sweet love story with a touch of dominant alpha. Enjoy!
Darren Mitton
Darren Mitton marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
De-Ann
De-Ann rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
  • Left of Centre
  • A Realistic Romance
  • Ticket to Ride
  • Fugly (connected by Jackson Spey #9)
  • Second Sight
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Bottled Up (Bottled Up, #3)
  • Hidden Force (Tennessee Cops, #1)
  • Pets, Book 1: Sparking
  • Just For You
  • Another Dream (Dream, #2)
  • Texas Surrender
  • Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1)
  • Harvest Heat (Australian, #1)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn...

Sammy & Friends (3 books)
  • Picture Me Perfect (Sammy & Friends, #1)
  • His Dirty Little Secret (Sammy & Friends, #3)