Start by marking “The Most Successful Small Business in the World: The Ten Principles” as Want to Read:
The Most Successful Small Business in the World: The Ten Principles

The Most Successful Small Business in the World: The Ten Principles

A unique guide for the crucial start-up phase of a business So much attention goes to business practice and operation, yet the majority of ventures still fail. One area often overlooked is preparation. Too few entrepreneurs ask themselves, what are you supposed to do before you start your start-up?

The Most Successful Small Business in The World gives you Michael E. Gerber'
Published January 1st 2010 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Most Successful Small Business in the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Successful Small Business in the World

Mona
Aug 31, 2014 Mona rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
Unbearable. I got about half way through the audiobook and couldn't stand to finish it.

He has ideas and he has passion, but much of what he says is hopelessly conservative and
outmoded. He preaches at the readers, in a condescending way, I might add.
And repeats the same the same points over and over again. The whole book might have been a quarter of its length and more effectively communicated the same ideas that he goes on and on about.

His ideas about business perfection are practically unattai
Devin Partlow
Jan 07, 2014 Devin Partlow rated it it was ok
2 stars because 2 different people wrote this book. There's Sgt. Michael E. Gerber and Rev. Michael E. Gerber. I think both of them secretly believe if instead of merely delivering a message, they put on a performance, more "technicians" would "wake up" and become entrepreneurs.
Tai Tai
Oct 10, 2012 Tai Tai rated it it was ok
a too much preachy and not enough teachy
Stephaniev
Sep 21, 2016 Stephaniev rated it did not like it
Drivel. Filler. Awful.
Clay Clark
Apr 09, 2014 Clay Clark rated it it was amazing
In his book, Michael Gerber talks about the 10 Principles needed to grow and scale your business. He goes over the mindset and the practical tools you need to grow your business 10,000 times. These principles are what you need to conceive, grow and expand your business.

Michael Gerber goes over how to grow your business from its current size to 10,000 times! Mind blowing!
He talks about how a business is no more effective than the idea which it was built. He goes over the systems that must be in p
Treamo
Feb 02, 2013 Treamo rated it did not like it
I’m lucky I read this book from the library, because if I had parted with hard earned cash for this I would be sorely disappointed.

While the Author Michael Gerber starts out with some good ideas for building up a small business in the first half. Sadly it falls apart towards the end when he starts to mix metaphysical philosophy, and neo Platonism with business strategy (seriously I’m not joking). I have a great interest in philosophy and I’m a small business owner, and the two don’t mix. For in
Lucasparry2002
Jun 20, 2011 Lucasparry2002 rated it did not like it
Shelves: business
Horrible book! I didn't like the way the book was written at all! While there were some good points, like "build a business not a job", overall I felt it was overshadowd by an arrogant and narrow minded view of successful businesses. He made many bold claims which simply aren't backed up by evidence. Statements such as "successful business are conservative and simply do what is expected of them"... = lame! I also found it very sociopathic when the author would quote himself frequently at the beg ...more
Diana Alksne
Aug 20, 2015 Diana Alksne rated it did not like it
Boring, trite, exaggerated drivel. Imagine writing a short, simple list of 10 things an entrepreneur should know, and now expanding it 10 000 times to contain 10 000 times more words and letters. And then selling not the 10 (possibly) valid ideas, but the idea of blowing them out of proportion. As a translator, I'm all for idle chit-chat if I get paid per word. But as a reader (listener) - no way!
Derek
Jun 25, 2014 Derek rated it really liked it
It's as if he's crammed every bit of knowledge and experience into this very simple, basic, repetitive book. He's not concerned whether or not this book is "popular", but rather whether it has an impact. Some things may sound redundant and common, but then again, common is not always common practice. A great book to review.
Kent
Anticipating more inspiration in the tradition of the E-myth (which I liked), I found the ten principles in this book to be something other than a list of practical approaches to creating a successful small business. They turned out to be a platform from which Gerber shares his spiritual and political guidance for entrepreneurs (and others). Too bad!
Randee
Apr 27, 2016 Randee rated it it was ok
Agree with the other reviews that he could have cut this book down by probably 70%. Way too repetitive and "preachy." Disappointed as I really liked and have recommended the E Myth to many people.
Michael Tarpinian
Recycled, boring crap. Gerber shows contempt for small business. All small businesses should strive to become large, hundred unit businesses.

He recently discovered a sort of secular Judaism, jazz, and post-beat poetry.

There was not a positive take-away. Waste of time.
Ayunna Varioest
Aug 08, 2014 Ayunna Varioest rated it it was amazing
Lihat buku ini pada Goodreads: Hak Menulis: Sebuah Undangan dan Inisiasi ke dalam Kehidupan Menulis http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...
Andrea
May 27, 2013 Andrea rated it liked it
Hmm, nothing too shocking in there. Mainly common sense stuff. Depends if you really want to grow or happy with making a living.
Sasha
Aug 13, 2014 Sasha rated it it was ok
Could not continue to read this book.

It has a few good points, and a lot of rambling. The primary point is quickly absorbed and I think the other good points are not uncommon.
Jewell Moore
May 01, 2013 Jewell Moore rated it liked it
Great business book. I want to print these principles and post them in my office; more so, post them in my heart and daily living.
Markus R.
Markus R. rated it did not like it
Jun 11, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Chris Reed
Chris Reed rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2014
Lee Oxley
Lee Oxley rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2010
Mazen Chamseddine
Mazen Chamseddine rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2016
Gaurav Vashist
Gaurav Vashist rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Ashley Olsen
Ashley Olsen rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2016
Daniel Rodflor
Daniel Rodflor rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2012
Mike Chrisman
Mike Chrisman rated it it was ok
Nov 21, 2014
Karen Scott
Karen Scott rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Olivier Novel
Olivier Novel rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2016
Marco
Marco rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Stuart
Stuart rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Ola Pat
Ola Pat rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

“If G-d is not present in your heart, in your imagination, in your desire to create the Most Successful Small Business in the World, the possibility of creating the Most Successful Small Business in the World would not exist. See it. Go back to before the beginning. Go back to where there was just G-d. Go back to just before the immensity beyond immensity beyond any word that you can use to describe that immensity, of the creation of the universe, our world, all things we see and those things we don’t see. Go” 0 likes