Start by marking “All Our Yesterdays” as Want to Read:
All Our Yesterdays

All Our Yesterdays

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Set against the backdrop of Italy between 1939 to 1944 - the months of anxiety before the country entered the war through to the tension following the Allied victory - "All Our Yesterdays" follows the lives of two families during the period of great turbulence.
Published October 18th 1989 by Arcade Publishing (first published 1952)

To ask other readers questions about All Our Yesterdays, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Our Yesterdays

Nora Dillonovich
Ginzburg writes elegantly about the family and the human relationships that tumble forth from the family. Her prose, while minimal is far from bare. It is an intimate portrayal of struggle, connection, disconnection, separation, grief, guilt and longing. Set in WWII Italy, loss is both an internal experience as well as it is immediate, at one's fingertips in the gun they hold, the dog they cling to, in the air set upon one's lips as they inhale. It is both ephemeral and tangible, at moments it i ...more
Foroogh
تنها رمان کینگزبورگ به زندگی آدمها در دوره حکومت فاشیسم در ایتالیا می پردازد و چگونگی برخورد آدمها از هر طبقه و دسته ای را با شرایط شرح می دهد:چریکها ،کارگران،روستاییها و....وبه خوبی نشان می دهد که شرایط بیرونی از این دست چطور زندگی آدمها را خواسته و ناخواسته تغییر می دهد.چطور آدمها از داشتن بخشی از زندگی ساقط می شوند.وشرح واکنشهای آنها که در تمام دنیا تقریبا به هم شبیه است حتی امروز.
"آنانکه از برابر حقایق تلخ می گریزند و در پی نجات جان و مال خویش هستند پیش از دیگران از پا در می آیند"
Madhuri
Reading Natalia Ginzburg felt like watching a neo-realist movie by De-Sica. Despite being placed in the backdrop of the war (1939-44), it is still focused on the life of people, and keeps itself slightly distant from political agendas. Instead, you are forced to know individual characters, understand their worldview, even sympathize with their stupidities.
All our yesterdays is about the children of two neighboring families - one of them rich and owner of a factory, the other not so well to do. I
Karlan
All Our Yesterdays is a great, short novel for students of Italian. With short chapters, it is easy to set goals and persevere. The characters and plot are important, and there is not much description. The story of a group of young friends who scattered during WWII is simply told and is moving. I recommend this highly for a different picture of Italian life during the war.
Ali Gholami
برعکس یه کتابی مثل محاکمه که یه اتفاق خیلی کوچیک کل داستان رو جلو میبره توی "دیروزهای ما" اگه نخوام بزرگنمایی کنم توی هر صفحه حداقل یه اتفاق جدید می افته. یه عشق جدید. یه مریضی. یه مرگ. یا یه سقوط جدید.
بعد چون ما توی فارسی ضمیرهای مذکر و مونثمون یکیه، آدم عادی تا صفحه 70 اینا درست نمیفهمه بچه های داستان دخترن یا پسر!؟
Melinda
boomers and slightly younger on my list, get this book. It was really funny and well-written. I loved it.
Morteza
فضا سازیش آدم یاد فیلمای جوزپه تورناتوره میندازه ...
Chiara
too much drama drama
Negar
در وصف نگنجد
Renee
Renee is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2015
Elay
Elay marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Farnoosh oa
Farnoosh oa marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Jur
Jur marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Sara Sh
Sara Sh is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2015
Rosa Berbel
Rosa Berbel marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Amina Rayan
Amina Rayan marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Guy
Guy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Teresa Dragonfire
Teresa Dragonfire marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
  • A Woman
  • La donna della domenica
  • Italian Cinema: From Neorealism to the Present
  • La malora
Italian novelist, essayist, translator and playwright, who has written of her unconventional family and its opposition in Turin to Fascist oppression. Ginzburg's novels are a mixture of reminiscence, observation, and invention. Much of her fiction is written in the first person in a plain style, and constructed almost entirely of dialogue.
She published her first novel under the pseudonym Alessand
More about Natalia Ginzburg...
Lessico famigliare The Little Virtues Caro Michele The City and the House چنين گذشت بر من