Start by marking “The Graduation (Final Friends, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Graduation (Final Friends, #3)

The Graduation (Final Friends #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  2,057 ratings  ·  44 reviews
The last day of school has arrived at Tabb High. Michael Olson is convinced that Alice's death, nine months before, was murder rather than suicide and is just concluding his investigations. Will he survive this day?
Published February 1st 1998 by Turtleback Books (first published December 10th 1988)

To ask other readers questions about The Graduation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Graduation

Paul Hamilton
Jeanne
So here's the conclusion at last. In that respect, The Graduation felt more pulled-together than the second part. Pike explains the leap from the homecoming dance straight to the graduation ceremony by giving most of his characters reasons to have gone away; and isn't it the least he could do after two tragedies hit this group of Tabb High seniors? Following through as if nothing had happened is what would have been suspicious. At any case, the end of the year has finally come. With it the final ...more
Patricia
The whole "Final Friends" series was great at hooking you into the plot and not letting go. I found myself DREAMING about the book because I had such a desire to know what happened in the end!!! I truly love that at the end (in this book, the third) it was all explained.
Tara
Autumn Cook
Stephanie
Here are somethings I noticed/remembered/liked/disliked about BookThree: The Graduation(the link is to Goodreads).

Let's see...

Noticed

1] Pike really does go out of his way to make Jessica likeable in this one.

2] Ummm...how could anyone not notice where he was going with Claire's boyfriend...???

3] The second I started this book I knew exactly what happened to Alice, I remember every detail from this book especially the ending on the boat.

Remembered

1] Jessica and Michael and the sex in the shower..
Sydney
Finally the end of the Final Friends sereis. I finished this in one night. It was very intruging and I loved it just as much as the first two. I did have my suspisions all along on who I thought did it, and I am proud to say that I was correct. This book took place a few months after the dance. Pike really tried to make Jessica likable in this book. After the second she was one of my least favourite characters. Maria was up there with them, after she screamed at Jessica, but once again, he reall ...more
Deanna
I read and loved these when I was in middle school. Christopher Pike and R.l. Stein were always featured in the young adult section of the libary. I kinda vaguely remember the plot.what sticks out the most for me was Jessica and Mike showering together. 11 year old me was shocked. It was more shocking to me than the actual sex until that time I didn't think grown ups were allowed to shower together. Pretty sophisticated stuff for an 11 year old.
Kindle25
At long last.... After my more than 10 years of searching for the third book in the Final Friends Series and for looking for Alice's murderer, the mystery was finally solved. I am pretty satisfied with the way the story ended. I am now at peace. Like Alice. Hahaha (I hope she's in peace, though).
Ameena Adel
You know how Ke$ha says your love is my drug?
well this book was my drug!
seriously i was addicted

This is the third book form the final friends series:
#1 The party #2 the dance #3 the graduation

u will get confused but at the end everything will be explained
i found myself crying at the end of the book i just didnt want it to end, i felt like the characters were a part of me.

The story shows you how life moves on no matter how hard it is. And that true friends are the friends who stay with you no ma
Abbi Dion
Not exactly a deus ex machina, but too close for my comfort. Also, more red herrings than usual -- and rather than being organic to the plot, they felt like tricks/devices. C'est la vie!
Julie
The saga of our friends comes to an end as their senior year also concludes. A death is still unsolved and mysteries abound; miscommunications threaten romantic relationships and the future of all is uncertain as our friends graduate from high school and board a cruise ship for their all night senior party. One weird thing about this book that has always stuck with me since the first time I read it (10-12 years ago) is that Jessica chose to sing "Let It Be" at the graduation. Almost every time I ...more
Randa
NOOOOWWW we're getting somewhere. This entire last book takes place in one day, and SO MUCH craziness happens in that 24 hours. And trust me, it ain't what you think.
Hayden Casey
Great. I finally understood why I read this series.

For a more full review, check out my review of the omnibus, UNTIL THE END.
Lisa
This series is one of Pikes best works. Maybe because it lasts three books, his characters are much better developed. He still has his same issues with not understanding the female-male relationship from the feminine perspective.
Veronica (In love with Patch No Logic Needed)
I liked the action in this book. The first two books didn't really have that much action. It had me on the edge of my seat. Loved it the best out of all three.
Sonia See
Favourite series!!! This book has been one of my favourites and the series have been my most favourite Pike books! I recently picked up the books again after 8 years and I loved them as much, if not more! I developed a personal attachment to the characters. I loved Michael in every single way, and also how Jessica evolved.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Overall I think this was a good trilogy, not great book good.
Definitely very teen, sometimes a little too much so with the writing style.
The mystery was good even though I had it figured out way before book three.
I think I have liked some of his others books/trilogies a little better than this one..
Heather
Oh dear heavenly Lord. This book took me at least two months to read because it was JUST THAT TERRIBLE. Christopher Pike really phoned it in with the epilogue. It's...it's pretty classic the way everything gets tied up at the end, actually, so I'll hang onto this as a good example of What Not to Do. Jeepers.
Belinda
although there wasn't anything supernatural in this book i loved it.

the mystery is good but the best thing about it was the characters. i loved them all. i love bubba, sarah, jess, mike, polly, bill, russ, nick, maria, claire, even clark and rocky.

they were fun.

Maya
I knew that Polly was insane! Yeah, my sleuthing skills are that great. I also had a hunch about Bill's homosexuality. The Rock turned out to be pretty cool, that suprised me. I'm glad Maria and Jessica made up. Also, yay for Jessica and Michael! A great ending to this trilogy.
Ashley
My God, this entire series of books sustained me for many years. I can't even remember how many times I read these, but I read them constantly when I was probably 12 or 13. So, obviously, I'm giving this book 5 stars for the me I was when I was 12 or 13.
Poonam
An Ok end to a good series.

The twist at the end was good but somehow I did not expect a happy ending for all involved.
It's strange how everything was neatly tied together at the end.

The ending could have been better.
Jessica
Done reading.
I noticed that Final Friends and Remember Me have some sort of similarities but it was amazing anyway. Chris never fails to make me clench on my seat whenever I'm reading his works. Overall, it was great!
Brooke
All I can say is: Meh. Don't bother with this series. I wouldn't even have finished it, if my mom hadn't bought the book thinking I'd like it. It seems like a waste for me to not finish books I own.
Anne Michaud
Definite 80s vibe, made me realize how much I hated beeing a teenager. I wouldn't call this a thriller, since the entire series is structured to keep the thrills at the end of each books.
Sarah Marie
The Graduation is the last book in the Final Friends trilogy and is a shocker. The book was suspenseful and I had fun reading it.
Lemon
Great book, i didn't like the mystery plot but the character relationships were amazing, also had some funny scenes
Craig
Absolutely delightful trash for teens. These kids had way more problems than I did, and I liked it that way.
Christie
I loved this trilogy as a teenager. I recently found it in a box and couldn't help but read it again!
  • Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • Beach House (Point Horror, #22)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • The Kill (The Forbidden Game, #3)
  • Alone in the Crowd (Sweet Valley High, #28)
  • Fog (Losing Christina, #1)
19954
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programm
More about Christopher Pike...

Final Friends (3 books)
  • The Party (Final Friends, #1)
  • The Dance (Final Friends, #2)
Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (Thirst, #1) Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (Thirst, #2) Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn (Thirst, #3) Thirst No. 4: The Shadow of Death (Thirst, #4) Remember Me (Remember Me, #1)