How to Get Your Cat to Do What You Want

How to Get Your Cat to Do What You Want

3.19 of 5 stars 3.19  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"A practical, down-to-earth guide...Well organized and easy to read and to understand."

CAT FANCY

World-renowed pet behaviorist Warren Eckstein shows you how to walk with your cat, make it come when called, play for hours without ruining your plants and furniture, and more, in this warm, readable guide for feline lovers everywhere. Here are on-the-mark observations, wonderfu...more
Mass Market Paperback, 240 pages
Published August 27th 1996 by Random House Publishing Group (first published June 16th 1990)

BBBTerri
There may be a couple of good things in this book...but seriously!!! and I quote "Don't be lulled into thinking that everything's okay with your cat. Think about a party or a picnic for Kitty. Spice up her life." page 59
Sphinxnangels
i really like this one bec its different from all the other cat books so far that i have read. its more into the mental being of of beloved cat, like how they tick and whatnot instead of just concentrating on basic care.
Lia
Feb 20, 2008 Lia rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: cat people
Recommended to Lia by: a cat person
This book is a great book to read, for the humor value. On the other hand, I don't know anyone with enough time to actually do these things. Certainly not me.
Scoozer
Apr 03, 2011 Scoozer marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, x-nonfiction
Right! I skimmed it and tried some of the advice and my cats gleefully ignored me and did the opposite.
Whitaker
A really great book shows us how everything is great and worth to die for
Heather
My cat still doesn't do what I want.. Unless we both want the same thing.
A more accurate title would be "How to Do What Your Cat Wants." Cheesy!
Allison
Warren Eckstein has a pet advice radio show based in Los Angeles. Helpful tips
Debra
Debra added it
Apr 10, 2014
Tabby Apathy
Tabby Apathy marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Bop-a-nator
Bop-a-nator marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Mona Ohana
Mona Ohana marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2013
Dawn
Dawn added it
Apr 06, 2013
Donna
Donna is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2013
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Serena
Serena added it
Aug 28, 2012
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
How to Get Your Dog to Do What You Want: A Loving Approach to Unleashing Your Dog's Astonishing Potential The Illustrated Cat's Life How to Get Your Dog to Do What You Want: A Loving Approach to Unleashing Your Dog's Astonishing Learning Potential The Illustrated Dog's Life Memoirs of a Pet Therapist