Start by marking “A Fashionable Murder (Josie Pigeon, #6)” as Want to Read:
A Fashionable Murder (Josie Pigeon, #6)

A Fashionable Murder (Josie Pigeon #6)

HIGH SOCIETY HOMOCIDE

When amateur sleuth Josie Pigeon joins her longtime beau, Sam, on a trip to New York City for a week, she suspects she’ll be looking at engagement rings, not mug shots. Once they arrive in the Big Apple though, the constant reminders of Sam’s wealthy, glamorous past make Josie feel like she’s way out of her league. Then the body of his ex-girlfriend, t
Published December 18th 2007 by Ballantine Books (first published April 29th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Fashionable Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fashionable Murder

Linda
Sep 28, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bingo
I really enjoyed this installment in the Josie Pigeon series. It took place in NYC instead of on the island like normal and I enjoyed seeing Josie stepping out of her comfort zone. The mystery was good and I enjoyed seeing how she went about solving it.
Zhao
The book really stood out to me when I saw the cover. Because of the blue background and the tiny bit of red that really stood out to me, I grabbed the book and read the blurb. The story was about a cash of being murder. The story about how Josie investigate the case. I really like these kind of mystery books, but in the middle of reading think book, I feel really dissapointed when I found that the action wasnt occuring as I liked it to, and when it did, it was too surprising. I story would be g ...more
Lynn Demsky
Oct 31, 2012 Lynn Demsky rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
First Valerie Wolzien book that just wasn't that good! Josie does not belong in New York not doing construction work! The plot seemed really scattered and not very organized to me (son is so very important but only in the very beginning and ending of the story, finding of dead body didn't seem to matter at all) - book just wasn't up to Valerie's normal high standers! Plus I could care less about fashions, beauty salons and all the crap Josie was finding in NY! "Just ugh" for a review!
Rebecca
Jun 07, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy the Susan Henshaw mysteries by the same author. I was pleasantly surprised by the Josie Pigeon character. I like her as a detective even more than Susan Henshaw. The book is a little dated since it is from the early 90's but still enjoy the story and solving the mystery- although not a lot of suspects.
ChrisGA
Aug 24, 2013 ChrisGA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting twist of the Josie saga---she and Sam are in NYC when his ex-girlfriend is found dead in his apartment. Josie wants to solve the murder to protect Sam but she is totally out of her element in sophisticated NYC.
Isah  Ragondo
Dec 04, 2011 Isah Ragondo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was fine. I was in elementary when I read it ( Now I am a junior high school) and back then I don't have that taste for mysteries so I was satisfied with how the story came out.
Melissa
Nov 24, 2008 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
have a very difficult time relating to Josie. I can't get into her story line or relate with the character very well at all.
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
skw
skw marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Derek
Derek added it
Jun 15, 2016
Lesa
Lesa added it
Jun 14, 2016
Andrea Harris
Andrea Harris marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Amelia-Irene
Amelia-Irene rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Joyce Wessel
Joyce Wessel marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Yvonne
Yvonne added it
Feb 27, 2016
CottonCandy
CottonCandy marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Jean
Jean added it
Jan 27, 2016
Jennifer Holmes
Jennifer Holmes marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Valerie Wolzien is the author of the Susan Henshaw suburban mysteries and the Josie Pigeon seashore mysteries. Ms. Wolzien lives in an old house overlooking the Hudson River. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached online at valerie@wolzien.com.
More about Valerie Wolzien...

Josie Pigeon (7 books)
  • Shore to Die (Josie Pigeon, #1)
  • Permit for Murder (Josie Pigeon, #2)
  • Deck the Halls with Murder (Josie Pigeon, #3)
  • This Old Murder (Josie Pigeon, #4)
  • Murder in the Forecast (Josie Pigeon, #5)
  • Death at a Premium (Josie Pigeon, #7)