A Fashionable Murder (Josie Pigeon, #6)

A Fashionable Murder (Josie Pigeon #6)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  6 reviews
HIGH SOCIETY HOMOCIDE

When amateur sleuth Josie Pigeon joins her longtime beau, Sam, on a trip to New York City for a week, she suspects she’ll be looking at engagement rings, not mug shots. Once they arrive in the Big Apple though, the constant reminders of Sam’s wealthy, glamorous past make Josie feel like she’s way out of her league. Then the body of his ex-girlfriend, t...more
Published December 18th 2007 by Ballantine Books (first published April 29th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about A Fashionable Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fashionable Murder

Zhao
The book really stood out to me when I saw the cover. Because of the blue background and the tiny bit of red that really stood out to me, I grabbed the book and read the blurb. The story was about a cash of being murder. The story about how Josie investigate the case. I really like these kind of mystery books, but in the middle of reading think book, I feel really dissapointed when I found that the action wasnt occuring as I liked it to, and when it did, it was too surprising. I story would be g...more
Lynn Demsky
First Valerie Wolzien book that just wasn't that good! Josie does not belong in New York not doing construction work! The plot seemed really scattered and not very organized to me (son is so very important but only in the very beginning and ending of the story, finding of dead body didn't seem to matter at all) - book just wasn't up to Valerie's normal high standers! Plus I could care less about fashions, beauty salons and all the crap Josie was finding in NY! "Just ugh" for a review!
Rebecca
I enjoy the Susan Henshaw mysteries by the same author. I was pleasantly surprised by the Josie Pigeon character. I like her as a detective even more than Susan Henshaw. The book is a little dated since it is from the early 90's but still enjoy the story and solving the mystery- although not a lot of suspects.
ChrisGA
Interesting twist of the Josie saga---she and Sam are in NYC when his ex-girlfriend is found dead in his apartment. Josie wants to solve the murder to protect Sam but she is totally out of her element in sophisticated NYC.
Isah  Ragondo
The book was fine. I was in elementary when I read it ( Now I am a junior high school) and back then I don't have that taste for mysteries so I was satisfied with how the story came out.
Melissa
have a very difficult time relating to Josie. I can't get into her story line or relate with the character very well at all.
Connie Steckel
Connie Steckel marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Susan Thompson
Susan Thompson marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Jan 28, 2014
cheryl
cheryl marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Gina Guidinger
Gina Guidinger marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Kim Erskine
Kim Erskine marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2013
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2013
Trina Mahoney
Trina Mahoney marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Valerie Wolzien is the author of the Susan Henshaw suburban mysteries and the Josie Pigeon seashore mysteries. Ms. Wolzien lives in an old house overlooking the Hudson River. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached online at valerie@wolzien.com.
More about Valerie Wolzien...
Murder at the PTA Luncheon (Susan Henshaw, #1) We Wish You a Merry Murder (Susan Henshaw, #3) All Hallows' Evil (Susan Henshaw, #4) The Fortieth Birthday Body (Susan Henshaw, #2) Remodeled to Death (Susan Henshaw, #9)