Start by marking “Scent of Danger” as Want to Read:
Scent of Danger

Scent of Danger

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  553 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Bestselling author Andrea Kane delivers an electrifying novel of suspense and seduction as one woman is swept up in a maelstrom of dangerous secrets, ruthless ambition, and unexpected passion.
When Dylan Newport, a high-powered attorney for the company that manufactures C'est Moi -- the revolutionary fragrance that makes women irresistible to men -- finds his boss, Carson
Published February 5th 2003 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Scent of Danger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scent of Danger

Mojca
Have you ever been literally blown away by a book, so overwhelmed you're actually speechless? I have a few times, and this most certainly is one of those books.

I absolutely loved it, the plot, the story, the characters, the conflict, the tension, the guessing, the intrigue, the investigation...Everything.

And I find myself at a loss for words to describe just how much I liked it and why, without either sounding like a lunatic or giving away spoilers.

This was an intense, emotional, gripping, suspe
Marty
Aug 21, 2011 Marty rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romantic suspense, but the "suspense" part was almost nonexistent and the "romance" part could have been better developed. The main focus is on the victim and his newfound daughter. As for the murder investgation ... I guessed the villain early on and the ending was almost anticlimatic. On the positive side: it's well-written and easy to read. That's why I might give Andrea Kane's suspense books another chance...
Mackenzie
Jan 14, 2014 Mackenzie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrowed, 2014
I would have loved to give this book 5 stars, but there were a couple things that I felt took away from it's greatness.
I loved the idea of this book, it was very intriguing and quite the mystery all the way up to the end. I loved the chemistry between the characters and how it all turned out. However, I felt that the mystery unraveled so quickly at the end. It was as if the author realized she only had a few pages left to go and decided to let the mystery be solved within a page or two. I was ve
Dallass
This was the first Andrea Kane book I ever picked up (library book sale) and I was drawn to the image on the cover. Looked intriguing, and the story didn't disappoint. Loved the premise, enjoyed the execution and although I wasn't too sure of the identity of the killer, I did find the olfactory angle interesting and a unique way to uncover clues.

A great, fast paced book. One I go back to a few times a year when I just want a comfort read.

Oh, there are also themes of organ donation.
penelopewanders
It seems this came to me as an RABCK. It was an entertaining read, with an intriguing premise. I would have enjoyed more being made of the heightened sense of smell both father and daughter shared, and the Sabrina/Dylan romance was a bit excessively supersonic, but it was a good page turner. I stayed up too late finishing it on a work night....
Agnes Ross
May 31, 2016 Agnes Ross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It starts with attempted murder and later there's another murder and more attempts. There's high stakes corporate intrigue and politics, and romance at the heart of the story.
Jacquetta Dixon
Nov 14, 2014 Jacquetta Dixon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J.Dixon@Goodreads

I really enjoyed this book. It was a great read,the character we're believeable and the story was well written. It is page turner.
Andy Plonka
May 22, 2015 Andy Plonka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: src
I liked the way the author incorporated the sense of smell as a vital element of the plot in this novel.
Moshi
May 25, 2016 Moshi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers, 2016-reads
Loved it and didn't want it to end!
Nona

When Dylan Newport, a high-powered attorney for the company that manufactures C'est Moi — the revolutionary fragrance that makes women irresistible to men — finds his boss, Carson Bro

Linda
Nov 09, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenge
A slow start ended with a fast finish. It took a while to get into this book but I really enjoyed it when I did. The characters were fun and snappy and I enjoyed the bantering among them. A good romantic suspense novel.
Darcy
I found myself at page 60 and realized that I had put this book down 3 to 4 times, a little bored and didn't really care who was behind the shooting. In the end this book just isn't for me.
Carey
Jun 17, 2008 Carey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good summer read, quick and easy to pick up. Liked the author, will probably read more from her.
Shirley
Sep 17, 2010 Shirley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Andrea Kane....couldn't put this down. Had me right from the beginning.
Ruth
May 29, 2011 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light reading. Good for a rainy day.
Looknat45
author is repeatative on details
Cynthia
Jan 08, 2012 Cynthia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another good one from mrs. kane
Gail Fiorini
Jan 14, 2008 Gail Fiorini rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people stuck in airports
More romance than mystery.
Vaughn
Sep 17, 2007 Vaughn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Good romantic suspense.
Vivian
Apr 07, 2014 Vivian rated it liked it
3.5 star read
Joann
cute read..more of a romance than suspense..
Mary
Aug 25, 2013 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked it!
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Modern
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Annette Hamilton
Annette Hamilton rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2016
Anna Rubio
Anna Rubio marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
kerry
kerry marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
MARION L FELTON
MARION L FELTON rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Cyntro
Cyntro rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
  • Packing Heat
  • Whirlpool
  • Gift of Gold (Gift, #1)
  • No Safe Place
  • Fight or Flight
  • Notorious (DeWarenn, #3)
  • Hidden Threat (Hidden Threat #1)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #6; Goddard Project, #1)
  • Crazy Love (Steele Street, #5)
  • Flashback
  • Hold Back the Dark
  • Dangerous Race (Adrenaline Highs, #1)
  • Protecting Paige (Serve and Protect, #3)
  • When the Storm Breaks
  • Hurricane Bay
  • Shattered
  • Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)
  • The Echo of Violence (Sweet Justice, #3)
Coming in May 2016 from Andrea Kane: The Murder That Never Was.

ANDREA KANE's psychological thriller, The Girl Who Disappeared Twice, became an instant New York Times bestseller, the latest in a long string of smash hits. With her acclaimed signature style of developing unforgettable characters and weaving them into carefully researched story lines, Kane has created Forensic Instincts, an eclectic
More about Andrea Kane...

“I don't believe this. And I thought running a corporation was hard? This isn't a wedding; it's a fucking conspiracy planned by pompous, cutthroat lunatics. Worse, they're delusional enough to believe they're visionaries. Wedding planners who want to color-coordinate flowers and bathroom accoutrements? What the hell's a bathroom accoutrement, anyway—toilet paper?” 4 likes
“Did you take me here so we'd relax, or so we'd be on safe ground because we're among lots and lots of people?"

He set down his glass, folding his hands on the table and leaning forward. "I took you here because the food and the sangria are great, and because it's far away from offices and hospitals. As for safe ground, I told you, there is none."

His voice lowered, took on a rough, provocative quality that sent shivers up her spine. "The crowd's irrelevant. The setting's irrelevant. I want you no matter where we are and no matter who we're with. I think you know that. What I want to do with you can't be done in a restaurant—any restaurant, busy or quiet. It requires total privacy, long uninterrupted hours, and a very big bed." He paused. "Actually, the bed is optional. I could improvise.”
2 likes