Start by marking “A Garota Americana (A Garota Americana, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Garota Americana (A Garota Americana, #1)

A Garota Americana (All-American Girl #1)

3.73  ·  Rating Details ·  57,873 Ratings  ·  1,795 Reviews
Samantha Madison é a típica adolescente, com suas listas de 10 mais. Os dez melhores filmes, os dez carinhas mais gatos da escola e os dez motivos para estar em sérios problemas. Isso até o dia em que ela salva o presidente dos Estados Unidos de uma tentativa de assassinato e se torna uma heroína.

A série acompanha o cotidiano de Samantha, uma garota que leva uma vida muito
Published 2009 by Record (first published June 7th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about A Garota Americana, please sign up.

Jamie Sam is not a Mary Sue at all. She's a genuine character who makes mistakes. She lets foolish first impressions guide her too often, but she's all…moreSam is not a Mary Sue at all. She's a genuine character who makes mistakes. She lets foolish first impressions guide her too often, but she's all around relatable and funny. She saves the president and all she cares about is her parents not finding out that she skipped art class.(less)

Rebecca
Jun 29, 2007 Rebecca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-ya
This is a good book if you're just looking for a quick read on vacation or a weekend. Not too intellectually stimulating but, like many of Meg Cabot's books, a good day dream.
Caitlin Brown
Top Ten Reasons WHY You Should Read This Book:

10. It's by Meg Cabot, the brilliant woman behind The Mediator Series, The Princess Diaries and other stuffish.

9. It's a nice break from all those SUPER SERIOUS SMART BOOKS you read and, let's face it, you need a break and some good chick lit. I mean, it's great to constantly improve your mind with salad and oatmeal, but in-between a good candy bar is tasty.

8. The narrator is awesome, awkward and a total dork.

7. It's completely unbelievable and yet
ellemaddy
I love this book. I read it when I was in the fifth grade and when I reread it now it brings back so many old memories, good and bad.

I remember back in fifth grade I had like the biggest crush on these 2 guys who shall remain nameless and I just wouldn't shut up about it. Honestly I'm a bit shocked I got through the fifth grade without getting strangled by my friends at least once. I talked about these 2 guys so much that I started code naming them Jack and David from the character in All-Ameri
Samantha is caught selling celebrity portraits at school and so her mother decides that maybe she needs a creative outlet and signs her up for art classes. Samantha does not want to take art classes, she doesn't think that they would be any use to her, and when she runs it by her older sister's boyfriend, Jack (whom she's secretly in love with) he totally agrees with her. Samantha decides to just go to the first class and then she'll ditch it, but she finds that it is actually kind of interestin ...more
Steph Su
Feb 08, 2009 Steph Su rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, favorites-2
Sophomore Samantha Madison is redheaded, a middle child, left-handed, and, in her opinion, one of the only teenage girls left who have not succumbed to the soul-sucking fashion trends of modern-day society. She's a wannabe radical: she dyed her wardrobe black, and she's in love with her popular older sister Lucy's boyfriend Jack, who's as "radical" as they get.

Sam thinks it's the end of her already lousy world when, as a punishment for bad grades, her parents send her to art lessons at Susan Bo
Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction}
Sep 13, 2013 Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction} rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction} by: Especially people who look down upon Chick Lit
3.5 All American Stars. I know, i know, I couldn't get any more obvious and cheeky in the prefixes. My Math Exams tend to do that.

TOP TEN REASONS
Samantha Madison
IS IN DEEP SHIT
(okay, fine, I know every second reviewer has reviewed this way, but I want to, and will anyway...:P)

10. Her big sister is the most popular girl in school
9. Her little sister is a certified genius
8. She's in love with her big sister's boyfriend
7. She got caught selling celebrity portraits in school
6. And now she's bein
Qian
Feb 09, 2008 Qian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samantha Madison was an ordinary teenager who has a great talent for drawing, but she has a weird habit is that she only wears black no matter what. Comparing to her two extraordinary sisters she is always the one who is being left out and forgot, but I guess she was satisfied with her life now. Samantha’s older sister named Lucy and she is one of the most beautiful and popular girl in her high school. Her younger sister is also remarkable because she is a genius who attend some special school f ...more
MJ
Mar 26, 2015 MJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is very interesting to look to from a political perspective. Well, like political time capsule perspective. The early 2000’s were a very different world, politically, for America and it shows in here. Ultra patriotism, right wing administration, pop culture references.

That is purely a Meg Cabot thing. Not a political thing. But still,interesting to see how things have changed in ten years. But I’m not going to bore you with that.

I really did like this book, even after all this
Muse-ic
3.5
Mediocre.
Fun. Frustrating.
Also, I've noticed that most of Meg Cabot's teenage female protagonists are very nearly the same. Sure they look different, but they all asks the same questions, they all have the same tone, most of them are outcasts, and the boys they fall in love with are the boys that correspond to each other in the books.
Another thing they all have in common? They're all insufferably ANNOYING! Like Please Kill me, I can't take any more of this annoying.

Samantha Madison sees a gu
Deyse
Review originally posted here.

I've lost count on how many times I read this book, All-American Girl is one of my favorite Cabot's books and when I was younger a yearly re-read was obligatory. As usual with books/movies that are favorites of mine on the past, upon a re-read things change, some things that I remembered remained the same and others not so much.

The thing that most changed for me was the way Samantha voice sounded, she seemed a lot more judgmental and immature on the way she faced th
Nancy
The name of this book is called "The all american girl" by Meg Cabot. She saved the presidents life and she thinks that her life is so horrible!She gets a feeling that the presidents son. shes taking all of these art lessons and she doesn't like any bit of her life. Everything's just so crazy for her at school and at home. Her sister is hot according to everyone and she knows every bit about relationships and everything in between. Her younger sister is talented and she just don't think that sh ...more
Kayla Hamilton
May 04, 2008 Kayla Hamilton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: neone who likes 2 read teen romance novels
Recommended to Kayla by: myself. I bought it. Then after a yr or so of buying it, I got b
This was my 1st romance novel that I ever read.
It's really good, and really sweet.
I love ne kind of teen romance novel.

If U like to trick things up a lil' bit, wat u can do is when your reading a teen love story, make/Imagine the main girlfriend, or girl as u, and the boyfriend, or the guy love interest, as someone u like. Like a boyfriend, or even a singer or actor like I do :).

But I LOVE this book.
I'm writing my own teen novel write now, and I made the guy's name David, just like the guy's nam
Emily Snyder
Aug 22, 2016 Emily Snyder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh man, I was SO obsessed with this book when I first read it. I remember thinking about it for a while after, which meant a lot to me at the time. It's been years since I've read it again, but I may have to now!
Vee Nicole
Relatable, funny, and captivating. It was meant for teens, but this "PG" story was full of PG-13 garbage that's literally ruining kids' lives. IE teens really need to hear about the female reproductive system in vulgar terms. Thanks for the respect and thoughtfulness, Cabot.
Javeria
((:: This makes me so happy.
Namratha
Jun 14, 2007 Namratha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humour, ya-lit
Top Five Reasons why Samantha Madison’s life isn’t a bowful of cherries:

#5 : Sam lives in Washington DC, a hop-skip-and jump away from the White House (ergo, perennial traffic jams caused by the never-ending presidential motorcades)

#4 : Sam is the middle-child, stuck between the perky-cheerleading elder sister Lucy and girl-genius-going-to-special-school younger sister Rebecca (ergo, she is the source of constant disappointment to her parents, teachers and the rest of her school-mates)

#3 : Sam’s
Trin
I was really hoping to take the political edge off with this humorous story of an average American teen who saves the president’s life and then has a fluffy romance with his son. It didn’t quite work. First, I couldn’t stop wishing that the book were more political—that Sam, the teenage heroine, would have stronger beliefs—there’s a short bit where she disagrees with the administration about the judging of an art contest, but that’s about it. Wouldn’t it be interesting to read about a teenager w ...more
Nikoleta
Dec 04, 2009 Nikoleta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grade-8-ir-book
All- American Girl is about Sam, who is a really good artist but gets a bad grade in German and her mom sends her to art classes for her punishment. There Sam meets David who tells her that she has really cute boots and that staples to her mind. Although she is in love with her sister's boyfriend. The second time she is supposed to go to art class she decides that she wants to skip it. Just before she gets picked up Sam sees the President and this guy that wants to shoot him. Somehow Sam jumps ...more
Fafa's Book Corner
Mary
Aug 08, 2009 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, 2000s
This was my first Meg Cabot book. The writing could have been worse, but I did get a little frustrated with some of her quirks, such as saying, "I went, 'Sure,'" instead of "I said, 'Sure.'" I know people say that out loud, but it should not be written.
This was also the most UNREALISTIC story. And because of that, even little things, like how the little sister received an amazon package on a Sunday (I don't think so. There's no post on Sundays.), really started to bug me.
BUT I had to give it mor
H
Nov 23, 2008 H rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good! It was hilarious, like all of Meg Cabot's books, and there was the usual boy-meets-girl-and-they-eventually-end-up-happily-ever-after element that I seem to find essential. I really liked the plot and the setting, too. Like, how she saves the president's life and is suddenly an international hero or whatever. And it was nice that she didn't let it go to her head, which is something that most authors do to their characters. Sam stayed true to herself and what she believed, ...more
Nadja A.
Lustige Story mit einer symphatischen aber doch manchmal nervenden Hauptcharakterin. (Zu fixiert auf sich selbst!) Und gewisse Top Ten Listen waren ein bisschen langweilig.
Chuurun Ien
Aug 22, 2015 Chuurun Ien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
I just realized I never reviewed one of my favorite book in middle-grade lol
Let me re-read it and write this a review :3
Carolina
May 19, 2012 Carolina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, dl

I love this book!
It was soo funnyy
Miranda Kenneally
Jul 03, 2015 Miranda Kenneally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very funny book.
Nadja A.
Sep 30, 2013 Nadja A. marked it as partly-read-or-dnf  ·  review of another edition
Ich bin einfach keine ebook-Leserin, ich muss die Seiten fühlen und den Fortschritt physisch sehen können. :)
Yovano N.
Feb 14, 2013 Yovano N. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samantha Madison yang tinggal di Washington DC, bukanlah anak yang populer. Ia tidak seperti Lucy kakaknya, seorang anggota pemandu sorak yang beken di sekolah. Sam juga tidak sepintar adiknya, Rebecca, yang saking jeniusnya sampai bersekolah di sekolah khusus anak-anak berotak encer. Sam hanyalah si tengah yang suka sekali menggambar selebritis (satu-satunya keahliannya), memiliki rambut merah berantakan dan berwajah penuh bintik-bintik. Dan, teman makan siangnya adalah anak-anak yang tidak pop ...more
michelle
Apr 06, 2017 michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the first YA book i ever read! i don't think i'm being blinded by nostalgia when i say it still holds up. it doesn't matter, though, because either way i am still very bitter that the movie adaptation never came to fruition
Saiema Marium
The book “All American Girl” by Meg Cabot is a story of a high school sophomore named Samantha. Samantha was an ordinary teenager with a great talent for drawing, and who was also in love with her older sister’s boyfriend, Jack. She always compared herself to her extraordinary sisters. Being the middle child of the family she always felt left out and unwanted, not getting enough attention from her parents. However, her whole life changed dramatically after she risked her own life to save the pre ...more
Madison Mega-Mara...: #44 - All American Girl 1 2 Feb 29, 2016 12:17PM
lots of fun 11 53 Jan 18, 2016 03:19PM
sis2019: Evelyn Chua Informal Review 2 2 5 Jan 13, 2016 10:22PM
A Million More Pages: YA BR - All American Girl (All American Girl #1) - Nov 15 10 12 Dec 03, 2015 08:58AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: All american girl by Meg Cabot --> Starting 14th March 2015 26 26 Mar 17, 2015 04:57AM
Was it obvious that Sam was going to fall in love with David 3 23 Nov 17, 2014 08:58PM
Meg Cabot Fan Club: All-American Girl 1 17 May 31, 2013 12:21PM
  • Caribbean Cruising
  • The Princess & the Pauper
  • Spin Control (Royally Jacked, #2)
  • Paparazzi Princess (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #4)
  • Kitty Kitty (Bad Kitty, #2)
  • How Not to Spend Your Senior Year
  • Confessions of a Teen Nanny
  • Love Undercover (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sole Survivors (Mates, Dates, #5)
  • Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #1)
  • Frogs & French Kisses (Magic in Manhattan, #2)
  • Duelling Princes
  • Some Like It Hot (A-List, #6)
  • Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6)

More about Meg Cabot...

All-American Girl (2 books)
  • Ready or Not (All-American Girl, #2)

“Being brave is when you have to do something because you know it is right, but at the same time, you are afraid to do it, because it might hurt or whatever. But you do it anyway.” 815 likes
“My heart is broken.
It really is. All the signs are there. I can't sleep- not even burgers. Every time the phone rings, my pulse leaps... But it's never for me, it's never him.”
250 likes