Start by marking “The Italian Count's Defiant Bride” as Want to Read:
The Italian Count's Defiant Bride

The Italian Count's Defiant Bride (International Billionaires #5)

3.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  87 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Count Francesco da Luca doesn't like being made a fool of. When his bride fled the marriage bed, he vowed she'd pay the debt she owed him--their wedding night!But Alicia Cross is no longer the trembling, naive innocent he married--and she won't be pushed around by the masterful count. His runaway bride is proving to be more of a challenge than he anticipated--until he disc ...more
Published June 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Italian Count's Defiant Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Italian Count's Defiant Bride

Preeti S
As bland as this book was, I still can’t totally wish it away. I read it months ago n here I am,writing the review. Some things were quite unintentionally hilarious in this book. This is a married n separated couple with an un-consummation hanging over their heads. .The mu causing the rift n her flight was quite lame even if ‘original’...and both were ‘not wrong’.

Now this h is too fair skinned to be able to blush (as opposed to all other harly red heads!),,she is forever resting, repairing n res
Ann Keller
Jul 29, 2009 Ann Keller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Alicia Cross thought she’d put that horrible moment behind her, but suddenly Count Francesco da Luca was standing in front of her and she couldn’t hide any longer.

The years had been kind to Alicia. With her pale skin, adorable freckles and fiery red hair, she holds Francesco captive with her simple beauty. If only sweet Alicia can find it in her heart to forgive him for their misunderstanding, they might have a chance to be together again.

I enjoyed the contrasts between these natives of Wales an
Jess
The conflict in this one is SO DUMB and without it, there is no reason for the separation and the reunion proceeds without delay. The author tries to add a not wanted suitor as an additional conflict, but that comes across as ridiculous too, because the heroine becomes afraid of someone she's known for years and thinks of as a brother because she finds out he has feelings for her. The fear just seemed like a stupid overreaction.
Michaela
Sep 07, 2015 Michaela rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
These people are stupid. They are in love yet they barely know each other and all their problems could have been solved if they spoke to each other in the first place.
Jennifer Mcpherson
”Francesco!” Said Alicia frantically. ”speak to me, darling!” What-shall-I say, Amore?” He croaked. Gareth let out a shaky breath. ”Are you all right?” No ,.of course he's not all right, Alicia said crossly. You knocked him out!” Francesco gave an unsteady laugh. He only managed that Carina, because you distracted me.” If you've broken any of his teeth, Gareth Davies,” she warned ”you pay the dentist ”
This is stupid .... OMG who wrote this book.. Boring insipid and waste of paper..
Pam
Mar 21, 2015 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book. I like the Heroine, she became strong I loved the Hero he was so enamored with her. I like the traditional Italian Hero.
Yvette
Jul 31, 2011 Yvette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd really like to give it a 3.5 but I can't.

The plot was really different from most Presents that I've read.
Jenny
Apr 30, 2013 Jenny rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No angst or intense emotions. Didn't like it.
Monique Barao
Monique Barao marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Reannie Haile
Reannie Haile marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Cristel
Cristel rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Anna Tan
Anna Tan rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Murr
Murr added it
Feb 23, 2016
Agnes Gadaga
Agnes Gadaga marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Abi
Abi marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Geri
Geri rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Kimi
Kimi rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Ruben
Ruben is currently reading it
Dec 30, 2015
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Jeanida Luckie-weatherall
Jeanida Luckie-weatherall rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Joanne
Joanne added it
Nov 26, 2015
Amaru
Amaru rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Samantha Hall
Samantha Hall marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Catherine George was born in a village on the Welsh-English border, where the public library featured largely in her life. Her mother, who looked upon literature as a basic necessity of life, fervently encouraged Catherine's passion for reading, little knowing it would one day motivate her daughter into writing her first novel.

At 18, Catherine met a future Engineer, who had set in a pendant a gold
More about Catherine George...

International Billionaires (8 books)
  • The Prince's Waitress Wife (International Billionaires, #1)
  • At the Argentinean Billionaire's Bidding (International Billionaires, #2)
  • The French Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (International Billionaires, #3)
  • The Ruthless Billionaire's Virgin (International Billionaires, #4)
  • The Sheikh's Love-Child (International Billionaires #6)
  • Blackmailed Into the Greek Tycoon's Bed (International Billionaires, #7)
  • The Virgin Secretary's Impossible Boss (International Billionaires, #8)