Start by marking “I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim is Improving” as Want to Read:
I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim is Improving

I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim is Improving

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  84 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Not all men are bastards. Rumor has it, there is at least one out there who isn't. If we all band together, maybe we can find him and live happily ever after in a household filled with Belgian chocolates, expensive shoes, and designer handbags. Until then, we're certain to fall in and out of love with a few bad seeds, and we'll need the proper ammunition to handle them whe ...more
Published May 2nd 2004 by Adams Media Corporation (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim is Improving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Used to Miss Him...But My Aim is Improving

Rosehip
Apr 10, 2009 Rosehip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book just rocks. I came across it at a second hand store while getting over a tough break-up with a co-worker. I really felt like whoever had dropped this book off had passed me on wisdom I will carry for my whole life!

This book helped me understand him, helped me to understand me and most of all helped me to actually move on and see the humour in the situation!

Just a great book that leaves you feeling fab after reading with great and truthful insights on relationships
Rachel
Jan 17, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty practical and had some fun quirky quotes and information but I found myself skipping around a lot. Having already ready "Exorcising Your Ex" I would definitely have chosen that book over this one as far as the "i can't put it down" craving.
Grace
May 14, 2012 Grace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was pretty vindictive. Yes it had some good advice here and there, but maybe I'm just at a better place...this book was kind of forcefully MEAN. Not my favorite. But still an easy read. Can't believe I actually finished it. Haha.
Kim
Apr 11, 2009 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny book for those who have broken up with someone. The tone is light-hearted, but it reminds you that life goes on and it is something we all go through at one point or another. This is a fun gift for someone going through a recent break up.
Amber
Nov 15, 2010 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So funny! When going through this past breakup I needed the comic relief that this book provided. I couldn't put it down. Everytime I thought of him or was sad I picked this book up and read a few pages and instantly felt better.
Casey Emerson
Jun 09, 2008 Casey Emerson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally hilarious! A book of break-up survival techniques written by a woman who has perfected break up paybacks. Slightly twisted but overall harmless. I literally laughed my way through the book : )
Michelle
Oct 09, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After my Husband left his sister felt I needed a self help book.....this book made me laugh when there was not much laughter in my life....I recommend it.
Voracious
Jul 29, 2012 Voracious rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tongue in cheek thoughts on boundaries and directing one's own life passions, with a dose of snark.
shireen Hakim
Apr 04, 2012 shireen Hakim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good stuff. for any girl. although a little too much on the vengeful side. I can do without that.
Amanda
This book is very useful. Helped me through some bad breakups.
Nicole
May 17, 2009 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny read with a positive, upbeat message.
Melody
Nov 30, 2011 Melody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun read
Julie
Dec 09, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious
Hevel Cava
Hevel Cava marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Corina Tetelea
Corina Tetelea marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Sunderbug
Sunderbug marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Metka Matkovič
Metka Matkovič marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
April Vaughn
April Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Debbie Jorgensen
Debbie Jorgensen marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Heather Searle
Heather Searle rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Mere
Mere marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Shannen Mitchell Magee
Shannen Mitchell Magee marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Shellee
Shellee marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Mercedes
Mercedes rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2015
Lh1660
Lh1660 marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • How to Heal a Broken Heart in 30 Days: A Day-by-Day Guide to Saying Good-bye and Getting On With Your Life
  • How to Tell if Your Boyfriend Is the Antichrist
  • Don't Call That Man!: A Survival Guide to Letting Go
  • Mastering Public Speaking
  • How to Fall out of Love: How to Free Yourself of Love That Hurts--and Find the Love That Heals...
  • How To Draw Manga
  • Men Who Can't Love: How to Recognize a Commitment Phobic Man Before He Breaks Your Heart
  • If We Ever Break Up, This Is My Book
  • Goodbye to Shy: 85 Shybusters That Work!
  • Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends (Rebuilding Books; For Divorce and Beyond)
  • The Journey from Abandonment to Healing: Turn the End of a Relationship into the Beginning of a New Life
  • Deal Breakers: When to Work on a Relationship and When to Walk Away
  • 50 Boyfriends Worse Than Yours
  • Chicken Soup for the Single's Soul (Chicken Soup for the Soul (Paperback Health Communications))
  • How to Spot a Bastard by His Star Sign: The Ultimate Horrorscope
  • Mars and Venus Starting Over: A Practical Guide for Finding Love Again After a Painful Breakup, Divorce, or the Loss of a Loved One
  • The Wisdom of a Broken Heart: An Uncommon Guide to Healing, Insight, and Love