Start by marking “The Power Behind the Throne (Stargate SG-1, #15)” as Want to Read:
The Power Behind the Throne (Stargate SG-1, #15)

The Power Behind the Throne (Stargate SG-1 #15)

SG-1 are asked by the Tok'ra to rescue a creature known as Mujina. The last of its species, Mujina is devoid of face or form and draws its substance from the needs of those around it. The creature is an archetype - a hero for all, a villain for all, depending upon whose influence it falls under.
Published September 16th 2010 by Fandemonium Books

To ask other readers questions about The Power Behind the Throne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power Behind the Throne

Arrietty
Mar 07, 2012 Arrietty rated it did not like it
I was really disappointed with this book. It barely related to the Stargate characters that we love and know. I don't think the author captured the characters correctly, although he wrote a good Teal'c and did well with him there.

I felt this was a book written about alien characters with a little bit of SG-1 thrown in at the end to make it valid to put under the Stargate name.

The book within itself was written well, although tended to ramble a bit, to pad out a short storyline.

I can not in all h
Gene
Feb 16, 2012 Gene rated it it was ok
Shelves: stargate
Ugh. Okay, I'll start with he good - Good concept, and was definitely interesting to see SG1 brought so low. The world the traveled to had a great deal of potential for an interesting story.

The Bad. I thought that the Author's writing style was horrible. He was constantly comparing one thing to something else, and in great detail;

"The emergency lighting painted a chiaroscuro of grays the length of the corridor with darkness waiting down at the bottom of the door into the gate room. The metal sta
Rosie Amber
Jan 14, 2016 Rosie Amber rated it liked it
The Power Behind The Throne is a companion book to the popular SciFi TV series Stargate SG-1. This story is about the team getting a mission to rescue a creature called a Mujina before it falls into the hands of the Goa'uld. Called for assistance by a member of the Tok'ra, SG-1 set off to the planet Vasavada. The rescue goes relatively well, but when they try to return home a gate malfunction sends them to an unknown planet.

They find themselves and the Mujina on an inhospitable planet, with no p
Al
Jan 02, 2013 Al rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Hardly started the book and realized I kept thinking "he wouldn't do that" or "he wouldn't react that way" or other things like that. Had the author seen more than a few shows of the series?

Finally finished the book. The author has an impressive resume, solidly British, and obviously has a lot to say about the holocaust, but shouldn't be writing Stargate books because he either doesn't know the series and characters well or doesn't care enough about them. Long passages describing the horrors go
Emily G
Miss Clark
Beth - ;)
Dec 31, 2010 Beth - ;) rated it liked it
Another interesting adventure for the team, with the introduction of a new species, albeit the only one of its kind, and one which is all things to all people. SG-1 is trapped on a world with no way of getting home unless they can learn the gate address of their captors. With a society very much like that of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust, Jack and the others almost wind up in the furnaces themselves. Surprisingly, an old enemy is the one to help them get home. The story ended rather abruptly th ...more
Mike Seiber
Oct 29, 2013 Mike Seiber rated it did not like it
This is hands down the worst of the Stargate books. It was very dark in tone and didn't focus on the team as much as the bad guys. I believe the author had stated it was originally a trilogy but they changed their minds so he had to wrap it up in one book but should never have been published. I would avoid if possible.
Pat Hauldren
Jan 31, 2015 Pat Hauldren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evilly good

Nice to read a well-written SG1 story for a change. Not that most others are bad, but most aren't the best writers. Instead of relying on SG1 cliches and quips, this author tells a full story, and leaves us wanting more. A nice change of pace as well as one to give me nightmares lol. Well done.
Meesh
May 07, 2012 Meesh rated it it was ok

Pretty bloody awful!! Especially as there were some dumb mistakes (the colour of weapons fire between zats & staff weapons being mixed up) & a 'deaf' Carter being able to hear things... The plot wasn't much better either, SG1 seemed quite OOC at times!
Angela
Sg1 go in search of a creature that is considered to be the ultimate weapon. Meanwhile a Gaould is advising a nazi like ruler. This is a vry harrowing read because of the nazi similarities. The characters are depicted well, and the plot does keep moving. A good read.
Dustin
Jul 31, 2012 Dustin rated it did not like it
So if you ever wanted to know what Stargate SG-1 would look like if it was written by someone who didn't have a good sense of pacing and also had never actually watched an episode of SG1 then I'd recommend this.
Annette
Aug 01, 2013 Annette rated it liked it
I would have liked this better if it hadn't ended on a cliff hanger that doesn't look like it'll be resolved in the next (or a future) book.
Foggygirl
Oct 19, 2011 Foggygirl rated it liked it
An okay read.
Pat
Oct 21, 2012 Pat rated it it was amazing
One of the few books that have made me actually say "Oh my God" while reading. You'll know it when you come to it.
Eva Mostraum
Nov 26, 2012 Eva Mostraum rated it it was ok
I didn't like this one much. The characters weren't true to themselves. I seemed like the author hadn't ever seen the show. Too bad.
Linda
Sep 12, 2010 Linda rated it it was ok
The plot was confusing and difficult to keep straight. Not enough action.
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2017
Lucy Krb
Lucy Krb rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
Steven Savile
Jan 06, 2011 Steven Savile rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Brent
Brent rated it did not like it
Mar 26, 2016
Beth Manning
Beth Manning rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2012
Lance Hillebrand
Lance Hillebrand rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
grummel
grummel rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2014
Donald Marshall
Donald Marshall rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2012
Ann Pierce
Ann Pierce rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2013
Israrebook
Israrebook rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Valhalla (Stargate SG-1, #14)
  • Hydra (Stargate SG-1, #13)
  • Relativity (Stargate SG-1, #10)
  • Sunrise (Stargate SG-1, #17)
  • Do No Harm (Stargate SG-1, #12)
  • City of the Gods (Stargate SG-1, #4)
  • Survival of the Fittest (Stargate SG-1, #7)
  • Sacrifice Moon (Stargate SG-1, #2)
  • The Barque of Heaven (Stargate SG-1, #11)
  • Four Dragons (Stargate SG-1, #16)
  • The Cost of Honor (Stargate SG-1, #5)
  • Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)
  • The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1, #2)
  • Brimstone (Stargate Atlantis, #15)
  • Death Game (Stargate Atlantis, #14)
Steven Savile (born October 12, 1969, in Newcastle, England) is a British fantasy, horror and thriller writer, and editor living in Stockholm, Sweden. His published work includes novels and numerous short stories in magazines and anthologies.
More about Steven Savile...

Stargate SG-1 (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Trial by Fire (Stargate SG-1, #1)
  • Sacrifice Moon (Stargate SG-1, #2)
  • A Matter of Honor (Stargate SG-1, #3)
  • City of the Gods (Stargate SG-1, #4)
  • The Cost of Honor (Stargate SG-1, #5)
  • Siren Song (Stargate SG-1, #6)
  • Survival of the Fittest (Stargate SG-1, #7)
  • Alliances (Stargate SG-1, #8)
  • Roswell (Stargate SG-1, #9)
  • Relativity (Stargate SG-1, #10)

“What price peace?” 1 likes
“Art was disgusting. It led to thought, and thought led to dissatisfaction, which in turn led to rebellion.” 0 likes